Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,398 members, 7,901,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 11:01 PM

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. (81736 Views)

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You still haven't answered the question: who instructed you to disregard GOD's holy Sabbath? You're a Christian? Why are you not walking as Christ walked by keeping the Sabbath?
Again I am a christian. No such instruction to continue keeping a weekly Sabbath. Follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ by keeping only the spiritual Sabbath. Wake Up
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goodnewscliff(m): 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Which one should they use? NWT?

Why do you hate KJV? grin grin grin grin

Because it exposes JW's false doctrines?
please list all our false doctrine....if they are really false and u can prove them from the bible,,, i will start attending ur church!!!opportunity to win a soul......lol!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
themall:
They should use any KJV NOT printed by Pentecostal churches who are embellishing doctines such as
1. Purgatory
2. Tithing
3. Gay Marriages
4. No Excommunication

I don't have problems with catholic Douay edition and NWT or Byington

grin grin grin

The Bible does not support purgatory, neither does it support Gay marriage!

Tithing is biblical, as is excommunication as a means of correction.

But should they read NWT published by JW who said the world will end in 1975, amidst other lies they've published?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goody1shoe73(m): 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
Emusan:

You understood it partially.
I mean what happened after the Armageddon has taken place on earth or what the remaining JW will go through before the earth becomes a paradise.

Besides, do you mean Jesus' sacrifice doesn't apply in this current life now?

Very funny now it's only someone in the spiritual realm that can answer whereas you can answer what Jehovah transferred.

But you organization teaches that Jesus' lives in heaven before He was transferred into the womb of Mary which some of you always say it's the LIFE FORCE. So my question still remains the same.

The body where the LIFE FORCE was removed what happened to it?

So how come Jehovah called a lifeless/unconscious FORCE His Son?
Jehovah transferred the life of His son Jesus to the womb of Mary by the operation of His Holy Spirit or Active FORCE

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
themall:
Again I am a christian. No such instruction to continue keeping a weekly Sabbath. Follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ by keeping only the spiritual Sabbath. Wake Up

Eh? No such instruction from who?

I never knew Jesus kept a spiritual Sabbath when He was on earth? grin
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
goodnewscliff:
please list all our false doctrine....if they are really false and u can prove them from the bible,,, i will start attending ur church!!!opportunity to win a soul......lol!!

They are even innumerable. Almost all your practices have no Biblical support.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goodnewscliff(m): 11:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin grin grin

The Bible does not support purgatory, neither does it support Gay marriage!

Tithing is biblical, as is excommunication as a means of correction.

But should they read NWT published by JW who said the world will end in 1975, amidst other lies they've published?
the world will end at 1975 seriouslywere did u get dat from

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Please, which one is the spiritual Sabbath? Sunday? grin
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goodnewscliff(m): 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
DoctorAlien:

They are even innumerable. Almost all your practices have no Biblical support.
i can list ur believes that aint in d bible...list them bro...go ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Eh? No such instruction from who?

I never knew Jesus kept a spiritual Sabbath when He was on earth? grin
Now you know angry embarassed tongue grin grin grin grin or do you have another instruction?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Mrbllymer: 11:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
SaffronSpice:

You don't get it: No one is downplaying the role of CTR,but he is not the founder.
JWs is a theocratic organisation - I hope you understand?

The sect now known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses was started by Charles Taze Russell, who was born in 1852 and worked in Pittsburgh as a haberdasher. He was raised a Congregationalist, but at the age of seventeen he tried to convert an atheist to Christianity and ended up being converted instead—not to outright atheism, but to agnosticism. Some years later he went to an Adventist meeting, was told that Jesus would be back at any time, and got interested in the Bible.

I don't think English is enigmatic to comprehend, 'was started by' means what?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
themall:
Now you know angry embarassed tongue grin grin grin grin or do you have another instruction?

We know that the only Sabbath Jesus kept when He was on earth was the Seventh-day Sabbath.(Luke 4:16). According to you, it means the Seventh-day is spiritual. Right? grin
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
Mrbllymer:

The sect now known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses was started by Charles Taze Russell, who was born in 1852 and worked in Pittsburgh as a haberdasher. He was raised a Congregationalist, but at the age of seventeen he tried to convert an atheist to Christianity and ended up being converted instead—not to outright atheism, but to agnosticism. Some years later he went to an Adventist meeting, was told that Jesus would be back at any time, and got interested in the Bible.

It means "he did not start it" grin
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Maximus85(m): 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
Sanchez01:

Actually, the Bible doesn't say anything about blood transfusions. Scripture tell us not to EAT blood (i.e. in Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 7:26; 17:12-14; 19:26, etc.); and getting transfusions doesn't equate to "eating" the blood.

The gist is that we are not to make a ritual of it like the pagans do. Does that mean we cannot put the same "type" of blood into a brother to save his life if his own is poisoned or draining out? That's a great question....YHWH gave us brains and knowledge to save lives; and doctors have figured out that blood transfusions are one possible way to do that.

Actually, the only instruction we can see in the Bible concerning blood is that it must be poured out onto earth, which is in reference to dead creatures. In other words, we are not to be using the blood/life from a dead creature because when a creature is finished "using" its life, its life is to be returned to YHWH (Ecclesiastes 12:7), because it belongs to God who is the giver of life (Psalms 24:1, Isaiah 42:5, 1 Corinthians 10:26).
YHWH forbade the eating of blood (Leviticus 7:26-27, Leviticus 17:10, 12-14, Acts 15:29), but in all cases it is in regard to the blood from animals, not from humans. In any case, 1) we don't sacrifice humans, and 2) we don't consume human flesh, and 3) we don't "drink" human blood" when we receive a transfusion.

We know that the 10 plagues in the Exodus were because the plagues represented Egyptian "gods". Scripture itself does not say this, but we can know this by understanding what scripture says and comparing it to our knowledge of Egyptian culture in the era. In the same way, the command not to "eat blood" as we know, is because we are to show respect for life and not do as the pagans did which showed no respect for life.
In Leviticus 17:13-16 we find this: 13"When someone from the community of Isra'el or one of the foreigners living with you hunts and catches game, whether animal or bird that may be eaten, he is to pour out its blood and cover it with earth. 14 For the life of every creature - its blood is its life. Therefore I said to the people of Isra'el, 'You are not to eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood. Whoever eats it will be cut off.' 15 "Anyone eating an animal that dies naturally or is torn to death by wild animals, whether he is a citizen or a foreigner, is to wash his clothes and bathe himself in water; he will be unclean until evening; then he will be clean. 16 But if he doesn't wash them or bathe his body, he will bear the consequences of his wrongdoing."

Note that in verse 13-14 we find the rule for preparing game. Kill it, drain it, eat it. But in verse 15 we find that if an animal is found already dead, you can eat it, but you are "unclean." Is that because you "ate blood"? No! It is because you touched a corpse! See Leviticus 11:39-40, which says: 39 "'If an animal of a kind that you are permitted to eat dies, whoever touches its carcass will be unclean until evening. 40 A person who eats meat from its carcass or carries its carcass is to wash his clothes; he will be unclean until evening." It is the fact that the (edible) animal died, and no one could show respect for it by properly draining its "life"; and so even though you may eat the animal which died naturally, you are unclean as a result.

Let's go back to the first place we learn of the "blood" issue. It's in Genesis 9: 2 The fear and dread of you will be upon every wild animal, every bird in the air, every creature populating the ground, and all the fish in the sea; they have been handed over to you. 3 Every moving thing that lives will be food for you; just as I gave you green plants before, so now I give you everything - 4 only flesh with its life, which is its blood, you are not to eat. 5 I will certainly demand an accounting for the blood of your lives: I will demand it from every animal and from every human being. I will demand from every human being an accounting for the life of his fellow human being. 6 Whoever sheds human blood, by a human being will his own blood be shed; for God made human beings in his image.

Why could this be so important to YHWH, that we are permitted to eat the meat, but not the blood, even though we know that properly drained, there is STILL blood in meat that we eat? Well, I believe the answer is found here:

Deuteronomy 12: 20 "When ADONAI your God expands your territory, as he has promised you, and you say, 'I want to eat meat,' simply because you want to eat meat, then you may eat meat, as much as you want.21 If the place which ADONAI your God chooses to place his name is too far away from you; then you are to slaughter animals from your cattle or sheep, which ADONAI has given you; and eat on your own property, as much as you want. 22 Eat it as you would gazelle or deer; the unclean and clean alike may eat it.

23 Just take care not to eat the blood, for the blood is the life, and you are not to eat the life with the meat. 24 Don't eat it, but pour it out on the ground like water. 25 Do not eat it, so that things will go well with you and with your children after you, as you do what ADONAI sees as right. 26 Only the things set aside for God which you have, and the vows you have vowed to make, you must take and go to the place which ADONAI will choose. 27 There you will offer your burnt offerings, the meat and the blood, on the altar of ADONAI your God. The blood of your sacrifices is to be poured out on the altar of ADONAI your God, and you will eat the meat. 28 Obey and pay attention to everything I am ordering you to do, so that things will go well with you and with your descendants after you forever, as you do what ADONAI sees as good and right.
29 "When ADONAI your God has cut off ahead of you the nations you are entering in order to dispossess, and when you have dispossessed them and are living in their land; 30 be careful, after they have been destroyed ahead of you, not to be trapped into following them; so that you inquire after their gods and ask, 'How did these nations serve their gods? I want to do the same.'31 You must not do this to ADONAI your God! For they have done to their gods all the abominations that ADONAI hates! They even burn up their sons and daughters in the fire for their gods! 32 "Everything I am commanding you, you are to take care to do. Do not add to it or subtract from it.
Read verse 28, then read from verse 30. Verse 30 says "be careful, after they have been destroyed ahead of you, not to be trapped into following them; so that you inquire after their gods and ask, 'How did these nations serve their gods? I want to do the same.' You must not do this to ADONAI your God! For they have done to their gods all the abominations that ADONAI hates! " - these verses indicate how these the "nations" served their "gods", i.e., the pagans drank the blood!

So what have we learned?

We've learned that the prohibition of drinking blood is for drinking blood of slain (edible) animals only. We are to drain that blood to the earth. Drinking blood, as the pagans did, is an abomination to YHWH, and we are to take care not to do that. We are to show respect for the life in the animal we eat and drain its blood onto the earth.

So are transfusions OK? Most certainly they are! First, no human was slain to get the blood. Second, no blood was "consumed" in any pagan ritual which is an abomination to YHWH. Third, according to Genesis 9:5, we will be required to present an accounting for the life of our fellow human being. If a transfusion can save lives, then it should not be denied, and it is not against the will of YHWH.
When the Torah was recorded by Moshe, electricity was not known either, yet today, since YHWH has allowed us to use the brains He gave us, electricity is used in all sorts of positive ways - and negative ways! (No pun intended!) Don't be dismayed by medical advances! They are in no way "playing God"!

But, you are correct to be wary of medical procedures "just because we can." For example, today, we can keep "the body" alive at will! We know enough to keep "the body" alive, perhaps forever, by mechanically circulating oxygenated blood and nutrients to the brain and organs, but is that "life"? It is only when medical technology extends its value that it becomes a problem. I hope this is clear, as it is not simple!

I'm lazy, sorry
http://www.therefinersfire.org/blood_transfusions.htm

I for fear. I think say Na you type the long movie script. So, someone actually sat down to write all these just to tackle what the Bible says?

What a waste of time!

Let me help you.

Jehovah said "Don't touch Blood" Do not use it at all. As simple as 0+0.

If a drug addict is asked to stop Taking cocaine, he stopped sniffing but he continues injecting cocaine into his system. Has he stopped taking cocaine?

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by jaoh242: 11:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
I guess Jehovah and Jesus aren't d same

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goodnewscliff(m): 11:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
Mrbllymer:

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 15, 2016
rodDICK:

This is the most reasonable post I have read on this thread. Trinity was murdered here. Even from my atheistic point of view, Trinity is the dumbest teaching in Christianity. It defies all logic.
take a look again he established Trinity. cheesy
Pick up the bible and read.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goodnewscliff(m): 12:05am On Sep 15, 2016
jaoh242:
I guess Jehovah and Jesus aren't d same
nope...jehovah is the father.... and jesus is the son....more answers at jw.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goodnewscliff(m): 12:08am On Sep 15, 2016
Mrbllymer:

wat does rusells young teenage life has to do with what we discussing

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by AyamConfidence(m): 12:10am On Sep 15, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
When you say ''our past undestanding'' does it include you, or is it just referring to those people at your American headquartes?
those people at my American headquarters are my brothers... we are a worldwide brotherhood and we sincerely love one another even without prior meeting... every adjustment by the organization goes down well with all of us except rebels who Jehovah's Holy Spirit has left

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by AyamConfidence(m): 12:12am On Sep 15, 2016
CAPTIVATOR:

beautiful @ bold , " Finally brothers , continue ... to be readjusted " 2 Cor 13:11

many of those accusing the witnesses of Father Jehovah have long standing heresies they know its wrong but refuse to adjust . e.g immortal soul, trinity , purgatory , hellfire e.t.c. they are just not adjustable. stagnant waters
By their fruits... you will recognize them

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by rottennaija(m): 12:12am On Sep 15, 2016
samylinks:
sorry, you dont really know you are saying. Is there a different b/w "Bible teach and what watchtower teach"? If so, what is the sources of both?
You can as well ask, what are the sources of the doctrines of other faith the Watchtower claims to be false?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goody1shoe73(m): 12:13am On Sep 15, 2016
Emusan:

Ok let me put it this way, the remaining JWs who survived the Armageddon will still be on earth. So, does something just go poof and the new word order suddenly appears?

I repeat, you need someone out there to verify this now. So, who is the person who confirmed for JWs before Jah sent His Son?

Hey, spear me this scrap!

This is a quote from your organization.
“God sent his Son to earth BY TRANSFERRING HIS LIFE from heaven to the womb of a virgin Jewess named Mary…” (Good news from God, pg. cool

It shows that Jehovah actually took something from His Son which you even agree with by saying "someone from spiritual realm can only confirm what happened to the body where the LIFE FORCE was removed"

CAPITAL NO! We know that the Son of God already existed in heaven before He was sent to earth so this is not a case where God can do abracadabra. Jesus Himself spoke many times about His pre-existence before He came to earth.

Look at the attached picture from Good news pg .8 of Who is Jesus Christ? You see a figure of a being with feather, after a baby with a man and woman later a man among little children. (This is Jesus in His prehuman and His life on earth here)

So, where is the body where the LIFE FORCE was removed mr JWs?

Let me summarise it for you.

>God sent His Son everyone knows
>You believed it was His life force Jehovah sent into the womb of Mary
>You agree that there's a lifeless body in heaven only that you don't know what happened to it.
>You also believed this life force wasn't another personality of the Son nor self-conscious.
>So, if the lifeless body of Jah's Son is in heaven(though you don't know what happened to it) and the LIFE FORCE Jah sent wasn't conscious of itself nor another personality of His Son. What did Jehovah send to earth? If not NOTHING!
How can the lifeless body of his son be in heaven when He is a spirit? A spirit do not possess our type of body. His LIFE was simply transferred to the womb of the virgin Mary,and he came to be born as a human. Yes, he had prehuman existence but not dual existence.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by rottennaija(m): 12:15am On Sep 15, 2016
goodnewscliff:
we've gat more than one million and one haters all aroud d world..y?? we re different..u made no point here!!!! u didnt even quote a scripture to prove the God led organisation wrong wats ur point clearly state them?? if not,, then no doubt u ve been deluded.....be reasonable!!!

The lady asked a question I gave a honest answer about. God knows I'm saying the truth. I'm not lying about my response to her. There was no need to quote the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goodnewscliff(m): 12:17am On Sep 15, 2016
rottennaija:
You can as well ask, what are the sources of the doctrines of other faith the Watchtower claims to be false?
its all bible based....truth and lies aint the same...Gods word is truth

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DonXavi(m): 12:17am On Sep 15, 2016
E
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 15, 2016
False witnesses with lies!
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Mrbllymer: 12:21am On Sep 15, 2016
goodnewscliff:
wat does rusells young teenage life has to do with what we discussing
Because your perspective, reasoning and views has to do with the beliefs of this 'teenager' and what he had laid down to be passed across to you his followers.

Read this and get some facts about your organisation and most of your beliefs :

It was this diminished Adventism which influenced Russell, who took the title "Pastor" even though he never got through high school. In 1879, he began the Watch Tower—what would later be known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the teaching organ of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. In 1908 he moved its headquarters to Brooklyn, where it has remained ever since.

Before he got his religious career well underway, Russell promoted what he called "miracle wheat," which he sold at sixty dollars per bushel. He claimed it would grow five times as well as regular wheat. In fact, it grew slightly less well than regular wheat, as was established in court when Russell was sued. Later he marketed a fake cancer cure and what he termed a "millennial bean" (which a wag has said probably got that name because it took a thousand years to sprout).

Unusual Doctrines

Russell taught his followers the non-existence of hell and the annihilation of unsaved people (a doctrine he picked up from the Adventists), the non-existence of the Trinity (he said only the Father, Jehovah, is God), the identification of Jesus with Michael the Archangel, the reduction of the Holy Spirit from a person to a force, the mortality (not immortality) of the soul, and the return of Jesus in 1914.

When 1914 had come and gone, with no Jesus in sight, Russell modified his teachings and claimed Jesus had, in fact, returned to Earth, but that his return was invisible. His visible return would come later, but still very soon. It would result in the final conflict between God and the Devil—the forces of good and the forces of evil—in which God would be victorious. This conflict is known to Witnesses as the battle of Armageddon, and just about everything the Witnesses teach centers around this doctrine.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by s4short: 12:31am On Sep 15, 2016
Anas09:

You asked questions you didnt even allow me answer but you have concluded that you have completely confused me. Hahahahahahaha. Where do u come from pls?

Why did Adam run ans hide wen he heard God in the garden? The consciousness of a wrong doing

Was there law wen Cane killed his brother? No
Why did he trick him into following him to a secluded place, killed and hid his body? How did he know it was wrong? Conscience.

Wen God came asking for Abel his brother, why didnt he say, "I killed him"? The consciousness of a wrong done.

Why did Abram accept to obey and follow a strange God didderent from the ones his progenitors had known ans worshiped? How did he know that this new God was the real God? Conscience.

Was there law during Sodom and Gomorah? What gave Abraham the impression that righteousness could save those nations if 10 righteous souls were found therein?

How did Lot know that Homosexuality was a sin for him to have fought to protect the men under his roof? Instead he opted to give his virgin daughters to the men to defile rather than allow them sexually assault his visitors?

Which law did Lot saw that Homosexuality was a sin against God?

Conscience, Conscience, conscience...

Can you now see that you are the one confused because you follow these things based on your senses?

Please from the creation of man God's law has been present though it wasn't in written form but was passed from generation to generation, it was not merely conscience acting in those scenarios because if there was no law there wouldn't have been sin because sin is transgression of God's law and people won't have received punishments for their sins. Also Abraham and lot's lineage can be traced back to Noah which explains why they knew more abi were the inhabitants of sodom and Gomorrah devoid of conscience?

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by goodnewscliff(m): 12:35am On Sep 15, 2016
Mrbllymer:

Because your perspective, reasoning and views has to do with the beliefs of this 'teenager' and what he had laid down to be passed across to you his followers.

Read this and get some facts about your organisation and most of your beliefs :

It was this diminished Adventism which influenced Russell, who took the title "Pastor" even though he never got through high school. In 1879, he began the Watch Tower—what would later be known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the teaching organ of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. In 1908 he moved its headquarters to Brooklyn, where it has remained ever since.

Before he got his religious career well underway, Russell promoted what he called "miracle wheat," which he sold at sixty dollars per bushel. He claimed it would grow five times as well as regular wheat. In fact, it grew slightly less well than regular wheat, as was established in court when Russell was sued. Later he marketed a fake cancer cure and what he termed a "millennial bean" (which a wag has said probably got that name because it took a thousand years to sprout).

Unusual Doctrines

Russell taught his followers the non-existence of hell and the annihilation of unsaved people (a doctrine he picked up from the Adventists), the non-existence of the Trinity (he said only the Father, Jehovah, is God), the identification of Jesus with Michael the Archangel, the reduction of the Holy Spirit from a person to a force, the mortality (not immortality) of the soul, and the return of Jesus in 1914.

When 1914 had come and gone, with no Jesus in sight, Russell modified his teachings and claimed Jesus had, in fact, returned to Earth, but that his return was invisible. His visible return would come later, but still very soon. It would result in the final conflict between God and the Devil—the forces of good and the forces of evil—in which God would be victorious. This conflict is known to Witnesses as the battle of Armageddon, and just about everything the Witnesses teach centers around this doctrine.
here we go again....in summary.....we dont follow a person...we dont worship a person.....we base our teachings fron the bible Not russel....we follow Christ and his organisation not russell....we ve made mistakes and adjusted our teachings just like moses the leader of the Israelites and david the king and leader of the Israelites...they are imperfect but we learn from them......the thing is we celebrated xmas b4, birthdays,, believed in many other doctrines b4...but as we learn more from the bible, we changed our way, lives and teachings read prov 4:18 and 2cor 13:11........u people refuse to change and choose to uphold false believes!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Ranchhoddas: 12:38am On Sep 15, 2016
AyamConfidence:
those people at my American headquarters are my brothers... we are a worldwide brotherhood and we sincerely love one another even without prior meeting... every adjustment by the organization goes down well with all of us except rebels who Jehovah's Holy Spirit has left
Honestly now. Did you contribute to any of these adjustments?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by SaffronSpice: 12:38am On Sep 15, 2016
Mrbllymer:

It's obvious your opinion is already fixed.
Succintly put:There are pioneers,but the organisation does not have an human founder.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (46) (Reply)

My Pastor Slept With My Wife While I Was Asleep, Her Moaning Woke Me — Man Cries / Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Prophet Joshua Iginla Remarries After Divorcing Yemisi Iginla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.