Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,122 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:03 AM

Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria (37844 Views)

Nigerian Nickel Discovery Is First Of Its Kind - Australian Mining Firm / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) / Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by mapet: 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
Onegai:

A serious government will have started drawing up policy plans and TOC in the MOUs to different bidding companies to include a processing facility built nearby with a 30 year Buyback option (after 30 years, resell facility to a Nigerian conglomerate), 2 technological centres in collaboration with 2 universities in Nigeria (one in the parent state, we already have Unis that teach Metals and Metallurgy and have Departments for Mining. But they need strengthening and massive upheavals) and a 40% technology transfer rate (to encourage your own citizens to become more advanced to take.over eventually from the company). In other words, for every dollar you make in Nigeria, you must spend $1 educating a Nigerian to eventually take over your job. Singapore and Malaysia did it, others did it. The U.S. actively does it, so does Canada. They make private companies pass on skills to their local workforce. All this will advance us further.

Wake me up when we become serious. Because I've seen better policy makers on Nairaland and social media than in government.

my only exception is that these are good suggestion, but put up with an air of arrongance....... The news is simply about the discovery. The ministry has not told you about the commercial roadmap. If you followed the ministry well enough you will observe that they have brought sanity and order into the business of mining of late.

1 Like

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by NafeesaAA(f): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
It sells for almost $1000 per Tonne. About 5 times the price of CRUDE today.

Very soon with agricultural activities receiving greater attention, the exploration of oil in the Chad Basin added to this mineral find, we will soon discover who the real parasites are.

1 Like

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by dadaha: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Since it's a private mining company, na only hear we go hear undecided

1 Like

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by lordkhalifa(m): 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

Apart from you glaring ignorance wrt to Search for Oil in the Chad Basin, your penchant for bile and hatred in unnecessary. If Oil is found in the Chad basin today, you and I benefit......
my dear I won't benefit anything.... let's tell ourselves the bitter truth... oil In the creek is the only thing still keeping us together...
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by lordkhalifa(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

Apart from you glaring ignorance wrt to Search for Oil in the Chad Basin, your penchant for bile and hatred in unnecessary. If Oil is found in the Chad basin today, you and I benefit......
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by ajiifixing(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
I thought they said

MIKEL

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ontarget:
Black Africans don't manufacture anything. They only uproot things from the ground and sell.

The whole truth.
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by mikelangs(m): 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
Great natural resource
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by Warship: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
NafeesaAA:
It sells for almost $1000 per Tonne. About 5 times the price of CRUDE today.

Very soon with agricultural activities receiving greater attention, the exploration of oil in the Chad Basin added to this mineral find, we will soon discover who the real parasites are.

Can you people now declare your Arewanistan republic.

To me if this information is true, God just provided this to help you guys let the Biafrans go.
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by AsapKen(m): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
leo047:
i stand with buhari till 2022

Ur fada
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by Aubrey1(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Since indomie was discovered, garri is still selling faster than indomie, so shall it be with the new mineral

1 Like

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by ensamy(m): 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
When will the income from this Nickel start coming in so that people from the South will atleast for once start sharing resource income from grin grin grin the North.

2 Likes

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by nkpommpko(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
This should be in the solid minerals section please somebody should point me to it.
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
This sounds good but I don't want to get too excited. I hope this is not one of those stories that we hear for naija where something good happens and we eerily never hear about it again. sad

1 Like

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2016
AnodaIT:
WOW, TO God be the glory.

I hope they also find the oil in Borno, and more goats to export in Jigawa and Kebbi so that soldiers stealing our oil in the creeks will be withdrawn from the Niger Delta
e pain you
na sentiment go kill you and your brethren
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2016
YoungHustler:
BUHARI shoud discover all the minerals that are more valuable than crude oil in the North so that they could leave our God given oil for us.
Buhari, an idiotic, illiterate, bigoted Islamist fanatic ruling over elites in this 21st century............an aberration.
Craz dey ya head
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by mapet: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2016
lordkhalifa:
my dear I won't benefit anything.... let's tell ourselves the bitter truth... oil In the creek is the only thing still keeping us together...

Oil in the creek is keeping us together, fine......and you think Oil in the creek is yours? The last I checked the Nigerian Laws clearly states that the ownership of anything buried underground belongs to the FG. So deal with it.......
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by ikdaddy01(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Better its in de north. Next let dem discover oil in de Chad basin and more so they can allow peace in de Delta regions, so they can hands off oil in Ogun, so they can allow Ipob have their wish, so they can agree to Nigerian restructuring.
Heeeiiiiiii, what a country
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by lordkhalifa(m): 9:47am On Aug 30, 2016
mapet:

Oil in the creek is keeping us together, fine......and you think Oil in the creek is yours? The last I checked the Nigerian Laws clearly states that the ownership of anything buried underground belongs to the FG. So deal with it.......
the law is it only effective in south , what happens to untapped solid resources in north why are they mining it privately, United state we practice there system of government practice resource control, Washington DC can't claim ownership of oil field in Hawaii, u can't mine gold from California and share it equally with Virginia and New York, every state has to control and explore their resources, then give some percentage to the federal government, u know too well that oil from Creek is the oil thing still holding us as 1Nigeria, high time we remit what they got from north into federal account let's share it equally the way we share oil from south
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by Laorex: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2016
AnodaIT:
WOW, TO God be the glory.

I hope they also find the oil in Borno, and more goats to export in Jigawa and Kebbi so that soldiers stealing our oil in the creeks will be withdrawn from the Niger Delta

As if na ur father own it
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by juman(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Hiss.

Another noise making thing.

Unserious government.
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by mapet: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
lordkhalifa:
the law is it only effective in south , what happens to untapped solid resources in north why are they mining it privately, United state we practice there system of government practice resource control, Washington DC can't claim ownership of oil field in Hawaii, u can't mine gold from California and share it equally with Virginia and New York, every state has to control and explore their resources, then give some percentage to the federal government, u know too well that oil from Creek is the oil thing still holding us as 1Nigeria, high time we remit what they got from north into federal account let's share it equally the way we share oil from south

You see, that is the problem with you lot. You just spew ignorance from an unlimited spraycan.........

1. The law guiding Oil and natural resources is applicable to all regions. That is why a broke osun state and a struggling Enugu states for example cannot touch the Gold and Coal deposits underneath the ground. When Nigeria was exporting Tin from Jos, did the money not go to FG purse? But to make it easier for you, please show us evidence that returns from solid resources in the North was not returned to national purse

2. Except I am discussing with some juvenile, you should know that the laws guiding oil exploration in the US and Nigeria are different. Even the US laws are not as direct as you interpreted it............

but on quick reflection, I suggest we rest it, since your input to me is not only factually incorrect, it is filled with hate

1 Like

Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by lordkhalifa(m): 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
mapet:

You see, that is the problem with you lot. You just spew ignorance from an unlimited spraycan.........

1. The law guiding Oil and natural resources is applicable to all regions. That is why a broke osun state and a struggling Enugu states for example cannot touch the Gold and Coal deposits underneath the ground. When Nigeria was exporting Tin from Jos, did the money not go to FG purse? But to make it easier for you, please show us evidence that returns from solid resources in the North was not returned to national purse

2. Except I am discussing with some juvenile, you should know that the laws guiding oil exploration in the US and Nigeria are different. Even the US laws are not as direct as you interpreted it............

but on quick reflection, I suggest we rest it, since your input to me is not only factually incorrect, it is filled with hate
I will keep saying this,the north
has never and will never allow
any idea that will foster mutual
development in the spirit of one
Naijeriya.
In summary the north feels no
need to implement fiscal
federalism as it is already being
practiced by them,the
southerners don't share the
profits accruing from sales with
the northerners,but in a sharp
contrast, ty danjuma,ibb..infact
northern elites sit on the
resources of the south, The North mines her Gold
illegally and Nigeria loses N8
trillion every year to these
thieves yet Nigeria spends so
much when these same thieves
get poisoned by lead in offering
treatment.
The country lost $50bn (N8tn) in
the last two years to
neighbouring countries as a
result of illegal mining and
exportation of unprocessed gold. “Despite the fact that gold and
barites were being mined across
the nation, there is no record to
show that these minerals are
among the mined or exported
minerals. Further finding shows
that barites are mined in Benue
and Nasarawa states, they are
also purchased by multinational
oil companies as drill fluids,
despite high activities of miners
there are no record of royalty
payments and no record of the proceed being remit into federal pulse
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by genetics111: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
Thank you. Dr Fayemi. pls let us diversify the Economy from oil only to Mining and Agriculture. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by rlauncher(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2016
Ontarget:
Black Africans don't manufacture anything. They only uproot things from the ground and sell.

Complainant, when will you open your own manufacturing company?
Re: Nickel Discovered In Dangoma, Kaduna, Nigeria by chijiblaze(m): 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
Now that oil ehm I mean to say Mikel has been discovered in the north, can they now let Biafra go in peace ✌?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Laughs As Osinbajo Signs 2017 Budget (Photos) / Labour Party Chairman In Lagos Working For Tinubu, Peter Obi Movement Alleges / Orji Uzor Kalu: I Am The Most Prepared Presidential Candidate In Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.