Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,630 members, 7,889,018 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:35 PM

4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life (890 Views)

11 Lies You’ve Been Told About Sex / “If You Wear A Pant Throughout The Day, You’ve Got Problems” - Twitter Lady / Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
I can’t wait to ruin your childhood memories!!
Everyone waxes nostalgic when they remember their childhoods. If you had a bad childhood, don’t worry I’m about to ruin the ones of those that had good ones.
Growing up in Naija, we had some songs we’ve been singing since we were toddlers. We learnt these songs and joined the multitude that has been singing it wrong for ages.
Here are some songs that many Nigerians have been singing wrong since they were kids:
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
1. Sandalili Sandalili
Every primary school child from the 90’s knows this song. We sang it and we were proud. But did you know we’ve been singing it all wrong since time immemorial?
The correct thing is Standard living, standard living.
I wonder how we made the jump from standard living to sandalili.

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by cruzita(f): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
I know say standard living must follow
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
2. The most excellency is Jesus
This is another song many Christians sing. I bet you will hear this when you go to church on Sunday. The correct wording is:
The most excellent king is Jesus.
Don’t worry, it is okay to cry

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
3. Jangilova epo motor
This was another favourite of us when it comes to playing games. I wonder where we got Jangilova when it is:
Jingle over like a motor

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Smellymouth: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
Lol
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
4. Osingo Osingo, Praise the Lord
This song is actually “O sing my soul, praise the Lord”. But as Nigerians, we have invented our own version lol.

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hope I didn’t ruin so much of what you know?

Cc.lalasticlala
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Darkseid(m): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Okay na undecided undecided undecided

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by waxxydude: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
lilzcee:
4. Osingo Osingo, Praise the Lord
This song is actually “O sing my soul, praise the Lord”. But as Nigerians, we have invented our own version lol.
Lol. Nigga forget childhood, naso i sing am yesterday when i fall under the spirit. cheesy The bastardization come sweet pass the orijo.
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by IamLEGEND1: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
we're way past that stage now.The adulterated version sounds better. grin na so we go kontinu to dey sing am.
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by schumastic(m): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
guilty as charged lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

For Ladies: 5 Things To Do That Will Turn Him On / 7 Things You Should Never Fear As A Nigerian Woman / Am 21 Buh I'm Obsessed About Marriage. Am I Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.