Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,221 members, 7,880,809 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:16 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251493 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2010
God bless you my brother . Long time no see and happy to hear from you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ilish(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2010
@ALL

THOSE ON w7/4, blind scan your Decoder and enjoy MBOA TV music channel, ;
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ecowas4All(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2010
@Salamander
yes we Gyan indeed!
Did Sathob send u anything on the backyard stuff ?
Yes we Gyan against Uruguay!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fta4life: 10:09am On Jun 28, 2010
@all

all those interested in High Definition (full HD) DVB-S2 PCI card for PC use should kindly call me or send me mail. This will be a great addition for all enthusiasts - it has advanced hardware fast BLINDSCAN - first PC based device to do that.

Key Features
Supports DVB-S Protocol (EN 300 744) &Support DVB-S2 Protocol
Supports DVB-Data Protocol (EN 301 192)
BLIND SEARCH
Digital Satellite TV and Radio Program Receiving
Support HDTV (MPEG2&MPEG4/H.264) Receiving
Real Time Digital Video Recording (DVR) and Scheduling Recording
Time-Shifting
Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Still Frame Capture
Multi Free Channel Preview
Subtitle
Satellite / Transponder Auto Scan
IP PID scanning, IP data broadcasting in LAN
MPEG2 Video broadcasting in LAN, Generate IP data broadcasting task automatically
IP MPEG4 media playing, IP MPEG4 media recording
Favorite List
Full Screen Display
Multi language Switch
MPEG-II Software Decoding
Software Upgradeable

I will throw in additional software to enable members conduct extra research for educational purposes - see thread by dvbguy: hxxp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145229.0.html

for Ghana members my number is: 028 704-1774

for Naija members drop me mail at: fta4us@gmail.com and lets see how to explore uncharted FTA territories.

Hey! price is way cheap - will be bargain buy for all interested!

the above post is in respect of dvbworld device item number 7 - see site: hxxp://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Receivers/FTA_Free_to_Air_Receivers_Satellite.htm

thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 11:41am On Jun 28, 2010
@ecowas4all, salamanda and all fellow Ghanaians could pls mail me ur no. If u are using 2.4m mesh for nilesat in Ghana. Or better still the highest tp to track. My email is henrybaby1@yahoo.com. Waiting for ur response
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2010
What is happening to go africa on w3a
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2010
@Ecowas

Yes, I got the stuff and the bird is flying very high! In fact, higher!

@Paps1

I use 2.4m mesh, but I cannot get Nilesat. And I don't think anyone here especially those in the South, could get the that bird on 2.4m mesh. My best bet could be 4m solid with prime focus LNB.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2010
@salamander thanks but a friend of my is using 3m mesh and has been trying to nail that bird, i was wondering if u could be of help. He is also in Accra
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 11:08pm On Jun 28, 2010
Paps1:

@salamander thanks but a friend of my is using 3m mesh and has been trying to nail that bird, i was wondering if u could be of help. He is also in Accra

Well, nothing is impossible. Let's make time during the weekend and see what we can do. Sathob, Ecowas, what are your thoughts?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2010
grin . it feels good to be back home after serving one's fether land.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2010
pofolo:

welcome back o. . . how home now?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2010
salamander:

Well, nothing is impossible. Let's make time during the weekend and see what we can do. Sathob, Ecowas, what are your thoughts?

I am in.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 2:48am On Jun 30, 2010
all,
I am happy to join the league of hd tv.i got a motorised 85cm + spiderbox 7000hd last week with 11 satellite positions.i watched some hd channels and i just cant adjust to watching sd tv again.the difference is too much.the motorised system is so easy.all you need is press the satellite you want to watch and it goes there automatically.unlike what i had in naija where you have to use a separate motoriser.thanks to badaru who showed me the way!
you can see the magic at spiderbox.tv
i have access to so many hd and sd stations.all the football leagues are guaranteed too with fantastic softcam and technical support at spiderbox.tv/forum.
but you will need a nice internet connection.the box is cheap at £160-£170.

olason,
is it true voxafrica is on star cable tv?pls get in touch.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ayibatonye(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2010
Hi am peter and I stay in ph, thanks to the house for the grate job you guys are doing, i need a little help from some one in lagos I have a 2.4m pan and want to use it nilesat, I can get most of the frequency on bedr 6 and some few on badr 4 my lnb supermax 0.5db, pls can that same lnb pick nilesat or hot bird for me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
pofolo:

shocked embarassed Did you just conclude your NYSC services?  We're  intellectually going bankrupt in Nigeria!!!  cry

Anyhow, congratulations o!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2010
@ Toxnaija

How are things over the Atlantic? I see your starting to enjoy FTA freebies over there!!! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
fta4life:

@all

all those interested in High Definition (full HD) DVB-S2 PCI card for PC use should kindly call me or send me mail. This will be a great addition for all enthusiasts - it has advanced hardware fast BLINDSCAN - first PC based device to do that.

I will throw in additional software to enable members conduct extra research for educational purposes - see thread by dvbguy: hxxp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145229.0.html

for Ghana members my number is: 028 704-1774

for Naija members drop me mail at: fta4us@gmail.com and lets see how to explore uncharted FTA territories.

Hey! price is way cheap - will be bargain buy for all interested!

the above post is in respect of dvbworld device item number 7 - see site: hxxp://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Receivers/FTA_Free_to_Air_Receivers_Satellite.htm

thanks

I own the DVB-S2 CA USB 2104D DVBWorld FTA Satellite Receiver which is NO. 5 on THIS Page. I also bought mine from Sadoun. They are good people.  I haven't set mine up yet due to lack of time, but the reviews regarding the equipment have been very positive. They say the blind scan is very fast and thorough, using the latest firmware upgrade from DVBworld's website  cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fta4life: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
@ F_Marshal

howdy? long time. Yes I had that model as well as the Sathawk but sold them to fellow members. I got it just about the time they released the software support for the hardware enabled blindscan devices( 3 of their models with the montage demodulator chip). On the overall, it did what they said it does in fine print  grin, the unsaid part one has to go figure out!  grin. I prefer going for dvbworld devices because of the support they offer. Now I want to go for the PCI in my post to replace the one I sold.  So those who are still interested should drop me a mail for a possible group buy to cut down cost per device!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 30, 2010
F_Marshal:

shocked embarassed Did you just conclude your NYSC services?  We're  intellectually going bankrupt in Nigeria!!!  cry

Anyhow, congratulations o!

@ Field Marshal (Hitler must not hear that oooo)

thanks be to the deities, that wasnt coming from me, I would have been buried alive here. Abi you sef don dey turn to grammarian like tox?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
toxnaija:

all,
I am happy to join the league of hd tv.i got a motorised 85cm + spiderbox 7000hd last week with 11 satellite positions.i watched some hd channels and i just cant adjust to watching sd tv again.the difference is too much.the motorised system is so easy.all you need is press the satellite you want to watch and it goes there automatically.unlike what i had in naija where you have to use a separate motoriser.thanks to badaru who showed me the way!
you can see the magic at spiderbox.tv
i have access to so many hd and sd stations.all the football leagues are guaranteed too with fantastic softcam and technical support at spiderbox.tv/forum.
but you will need a nice internet connection.the box is cheap at £160-£170.

olason,
is it true voxafrica is on star cable tv?pls get in touch.

tox

Na waa o! You didn't even get back to me or let me now that you'd finally had it done! Was it an Alsat installer that did it --- maybe William?

Anyway, I'm glad you find that the motor is as I told you. In fact you should have more than 11 satellites ---- especially if it was set up using USALS.

Anyway, enjoy. cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
enitan2002:

@ Field Marshal (Hitler must not hear that oooo)

thanks be to the deities, that wasnt coming from me, I would have been buried alive here. Abi you sef don dey turn to grammarian like tox?
No mind me O'jare! No be sey I like ogbonga, big big grama, but na to spell na im jus wound me. Abi to spell de word wey I highlight above no be elementary again?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by FMarshal2(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2010
Oga Moderator, can you move this Offline Downloading Or "fishing" Thread to the "Satellite TV Technology" section, so that it can get maximum exposure? Thanks!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2010
Enigma:

tox

Na waa o! You didn't even get back to me or let me now that you'd finally had it done! Was it an Alsat installer that did it --- maybe William?

Anyway, I'm glad you find that the motor is as I told you. In fact you should have more than 11 satellites ---- especially if it was set up using USALS.

Anyway, enjoy. cool

@ pastor enigma,
we see your green light for satellite thread, that's good.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2010
enitan2002:

@ pastor enigma,
we see your green light for satellite thread, that's good.

I dey Ooo Eni. I just dey try give some edugamacation to some people misrepresenting Christianity for yonder grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by williams85(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2010
@all gurus. I did a loop through from one reciever to another. Only to reciever signal of the polarity showin on the first reciever. Pls help
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2010
williams85:

@all gurus. I did a loop through from one reciever to another. Only to reciever signal of the polarity showin on the first reciever. Pls help
to solve ur problem get urself a dual lmb,use d 2 outlet of the lmb for d 2 decoders
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2010
@toxnaija,
Congrats on your 85cm motorised dish installation. What your enjoying now has been discussed here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242036.1792.html#msg3934493

The secret is the diseqc 1.2 positioner that allows you watch any programmed station on your reciever without having to know which position your dish has to face to recieve the signals. You simply select the channel on your decoder menu and the reciever moves the dish to the position where the satellite is. No need to memorise numbers, no need for seperate positioner remotes. The reciever does it all! Truely, when you start using the diseqc positioner, you won't ever like to go back to the old stand alone type.

Congrats once again!

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2010
@ George
You never cease to amaze me. . . . .
Once again you have done it . your wealth of knowledge has come in to play.
thanks for the Pics and Info.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2010
@george, hw much does this it cost and is it available in lagos and also wil work on mesh dish?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayedan: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2010
@blexxonmak, pls throw more lite on ur explanatn on the use of say ku band to catch c band signal. Tanx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2010
George_D:

@toxnaija,
Congrats on your 85cm motorised dish installation. What your enjoying now has been discussed here:

The secret is the diseqc 1.2 positioner that allows you watch any programmed station on your reciever without having to know which position your dish has to face to recieve the signals. You simply select the channel on your decoder menu and the reciever moves the dish to the position where the satellite is. No need to memorise numbers, no need for seperate positioner remotes. The reciever does it all! Truely, when you start using the diseqc positioner, you won't ever like to go back to the old stand alone type.

Congrats once again!

With a Diseqc/USALS motor, which is what I believe tox is using, you don't even need a positioner at all. The motor and receiver do all the job; with USALS you don't even need to search for and find the different satellites; the motor does it automatically after initial set up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Taatu(m): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2010

Congrats once again! How do I go about getting one of this diseqc positioner here in makurdi and what is the cost for one and the motor

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.