Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:02 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (252164 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2009
@olason
i av just gone & followd ur lead by registerin on d f2v website, do u av any idea of when exactly d encryption wil begin nextyear &wat is a NDS BOX?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Good news! ESPN has finally landed our shores here in the south-south!
Check it out on 11431v, same tp as new JSC 1-4. Mine was high up to 58%
quality this morning.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ all,
first service on w3a don change to wts broadcast. Now showin charles anazodo n dan amokachi. Dnt b deceive its just a camera station for d paytv studio alone 4 comentry, NO ACTION
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
@George_D
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
Good news! ESPN has finally landed our shores here in the south-south!
Check it out on 11431v, same tp as new JSC 1-4. Mine was high up to 58%
quality this morning.

Thanks once more. I will be out mid week to check it out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 12:34am On Dec 14, 2009
George could u pls go back to d last page and answer d question over there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 12:34am On Dec 14, 2009
George could u pls go back to d last page and answer d question over there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 3:35am On Dec 14, 2009
@george, its time for me to nail this nilesat and nss7 c band. I want ur help in providing all necesary tips. I think 1.8m dish would be okay in ibadan. What size for nss7 c band and tps. If u can nt reply it here, maybe it has been treated. U may pls forward it to my mail, abifrank2004@yahoo.com. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2009
alancruise:

@george
pito
olason
adewest
enitan
all,
pls i'll want to know d difference and d advantage a fibre dish,mesh dish,& a pan dish has on each other? Also wat is my best bet of station from a 1.8m size of dish to 2.4m? I live in ibadan. Badr or nilesat?which one wil do? Thanks, awaitin your response
Pls am still not hittin green on d ils launch tp. Can't find any first service on my w3a, 1mtr dish/4653x. Pls i need your help sir's

@alancruise,
In the world of FTA there are two basic types of dishes: mesh and solids. The mesh dishes are those made with nets and are used to track mostly C-band and DTH KU signals. Solids on the other hand can be fibre or pan. There is no difference between fibre and pan besides the materials used for construction. With the right parabola and LNB, a pan dish and a fibre dish can be used to achieve the same results. They are used mostly in sizes from 1.8m and ablove to track mostly out-of-footprint birds.
Since you live in Ibadan, your best bet is to stick to a 2.4m solid and try for nilesat. I will advise though if space is not an issue an the cash is available try and upgrade to a 3m solid to enjoy almost all the channels on nilesat. I'm aware that badr is difficult to track in lagos so I suspect same may apply in Ibadan so you may stick to nilesat and forget badr for now.
As for the ils launch tp I haven't found the time to track it myself.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:39am On Dec 14, 2009
@Emeritus153,
Those questions have been treated repeatedly all through season 3 but in anycase, you will need more than 1.8m to track nilesat in Ibadan. Try and get a 3m fibre or pan and go here to read my post in season 3:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242036.320.html#msg3606473

Just remember that 10758v is no longer the tracking frequency for nilesat in the south. Use City 7 or dubai one tp: 11862v or 11785v.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by NashFTA(m): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Spacevice,
You wrote on 13/12/2009 (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-331817.1536.html#msg5103515), "The only NDS embedded receiver i hv is that useless GBS COSHIP. No one has come up with a software to decrypt it yet. Any ideas?"

It appears that soon the defunct GBS (or GTV) decoders might prove useful for Free2View application. However, the only cache here is that they could not receive channels from other FTA satellites – only W3A. So if Free2View will use the TP on Sirius, then we need some clever guys to reprogramme them for other satellite! Just a crazy thought.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2009
After much extensive search online, following users comments in various forums. it seems currenlty only three HD STBs have blindscan

Vantage HD Stbs (Vantage 1100 HD)
Clarke Tech HD Stbs (C-Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus)
Strong HD Stbs (SRT 4900)

note: I've not listed all series, just the products.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ Nash FTA
Good observation abt the GBS Coship Box. I just pray a guru comes out with a technique to make it FTA friendly.
Over to you the IT wizards.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Dejsam,
Thanks so much for all your efforts. I've been examining the package and I can say I'm very impressed. One thing though, I noticed both type of recievers have no rf-in port and I'm trying to work out a solution to that challenge. I intend to complete the installation tomorrow, after which I'll give full details of my findings. Once again, thanks so much! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholatech(m): 2:10am On Dec 15, 2009
@olofofo
Please can i use the patch and loader you sent on rapidshare for Echolink 888 fta superplus?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 8:50am On Dec 15, 2009
@all. Enjoy arsenal tv while it lasts. (pas7)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2009
spacevice:

@ Nash FTA
Good observation abt the GBS Coship Box. I just pray a guru comes out with a technique to make it FTA friendly.
Over to you the IT wizards.

Please kindly state your Product Model No.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 9:56am On Dec 15, 2009
about 10 Hi Stations are showing without smart card.
can any1 confirm that? @W4A
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 11:49am On Dec 15, 2009
@ Microgiant
The model of the GBS Coship receiver is CDVB 5668.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by rich8: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2009
all  west  ham  vs chelsea  live on 2m  sunday  16:00 gmt
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
zenus:

about 10 Hi Stations are showing without smart card.
can any1 confirm that? @W4A

Confirmed!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ all,is go africa still showing la liga? I checked this weekend and there was nothing.cheers
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ all,is go africa still showing live la liga cuz i checked this weekend and there was nothing.cheers
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ all,is go africa still showing live la liga cuz i checked this weekend and there was nothing.cheers
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by NashFTA(m): 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Microgiant,
My GTV decoder model is: COSHIP CDVB-5668
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Dejsam,
Those recievers have no way to adjust their rf output channels unlike strong, echolink, etc so I may have to employ pitodenz solution of an external rf modulator.
As for the brackets, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to install without tampering too much with my present dish setup. Thanks once again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ all,
any midweek premiership action ?, where ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nash-FTA:

@Microgiant,
My GTV decoder model is: COSHIP CDVB-5668

Tried all available sources but no luck.  i will keep searching.

@All
I'm not at home now but, just received a call informing me that Etv is back.  Please somebody should check and confirm.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ pito
Better late than never so sorry for being so late its exams stress, thank God for the survival may his divine love keep you daily,wishing you speedy recovery.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2009
@micro,
No luck with etv either on 902/c or intelsat 7/10k using 4663x. Maybe you're talking of the new 4669x.
but why bother with etv when you have so many other replacements?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2009
@oga Twins,
I got your message. Kindly provide your email for further discussion or you can call me.
You have my number already.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2009
@all where can watch epl today
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ george, pls tell me how to connect a sat finder to a dish and decoder. The one i have was given to me by olofofo and the lnb and decoder name indicating their port has been scratched off due to wear and tear. Cos i just got myself a job in an organisation where they will be relying on my expertise and i can't be carrying television here and there. Tell me what i should take note in that meter when i reached the peak of the signal. Am waiting ooo cos work start tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.