Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,187 members, 7,880,701 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:19 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251479 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2010
@ fasone,
thanks alot for the info on how to fix to 69x,i think of even taking it back to the dealer for replacement since i just bought on saturday.what could have been the possible cause of these problem?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2010
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
@Dejsam,
@badaru

I tracked my 3m fibre yesterday as promised with the quad digisat lnb but no luck with nilesat. 11785v (dubai one) could only manage up to 53% quality. 11747v (education) only managed to flash while 11763h (bbc) was totally red. After trying for sometime, I had to change back to my old, reliable fuji lnb.

Looks like for fibre dishes, fuji remains the best-especailly for dish sizes 3m and below.

However, I will extend my search to echosat quad and see what gives. This fibre lnb yanga tolotolo na wao! sad

@ George_D,
So this fuji still remains one of the best for fibre dishes? However, did you try the single port echosat you bought some months ago?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oliss: 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ sun-sat
thks once again, N500 u mean or N5000
once again, what could be the possible causes of persistent cracking, my mbc1/2 is not exceeding 34%. is it the decoder's lesser version (4652) as an installer told me , or smaller dish, mine is a little bigger than hitv size. or may b the decoder is faulty
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by oliss: 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ Price P
oh guy so sorry, that's some new cost and time guy. take care, best of luck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fasone(m): 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
Sun-sat:

@ fasone,
thanks alot for the info on how to fix to 69x,i think of even taking it back to the dealer for replacement since i just bought on saturday.what could have been the possible cause of these problem?

Better, Gud for you 2 take it there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2010
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
@Dejsam,
@badaru

I tracked my 3m fibre yesterday as promised with the quad digisat lnb but no luck with nilesat. 11785v (dubai one) could only manage up to 53% quality. 11747v (education) only managed to flash while 11763h (bbc) was totally red. After trying for sometime, I had to change back to my old, reliable fuji lnb.

Looks like for fibre dishes, fuji remains the best-especailly for dish sizes 3m and below.

However, I will extend my search to echosat quad and see what gives. This fibre lnb yanga tolotolo na wao! sad

@@geoge d

use echosat 4 ways.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2010
fasone:

Better, Gud for you 2 take it there.

@sun-sat, just b4 u take it back have u made sure there is no bridging between the copper and art of your cable connected to the receiver by the f connector ? Thats also a possibe cause of that !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ all gurus
please, i want to go to alaba market tommorow to buy 3.2m strong fibre dish,
what and what should i buy,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2010
@all
good to be here again
@ Sun-sat
bros just make sure there is no short circuiting on you line. especially at the F-connector where u connect to the Rx, as pointed out by Ibaku, before u take it for check-up
Again, on the issue of 4652 Dx, Its sensitivity is very low compared to the X series. This was my experience on saturday while tracking Pass 7/10 with a 4650 or 4652 i cant realy remember. I had to bring in my 63X  and I was able to get full red bars indicating that my LNB connection was ok before tracking.
@ George-d and all steady poster, good job
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by xwallace(m): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2010
angry cool moderator , time of this site is not right , Lol !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by xwallace(m): 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2010
sorry it's network problem
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ALL ,There are new channels on W2A at 10E.u can use 3939v 8799sr .I use 1.8m pan and 69x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2010
all, go africa on w3a now subtitle there films in english, i want 2 blieve dis is a welcome devlopment hop other french stations do so too.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by grafikii: 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ all, is free2veiw on sirus 4 or is it just promo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2010
@george_d

u need to know where to cut the echosat to fully enjoy it. start from where the two plastic end meets at the top of the LNB
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
@ all,

live champions league on w3a.
Tuesday ; ac milan v man u.
Wednesday ; fc porto v arsenal.
Watch out for europa league on thursday. Enjoy.

@ p-paris,
take heart bro.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mide2008(m): 5:45am On Feb 16, 2010
@captainus& pitodenz
i was able to lock the w2a signal with Daarsat receiver, the issue is that the discovery world & the other channels on that transponder is giving me no audio video. The other transponder that as NTA Abuja, NTA sport, france 24 and the rest are working fine. what could be the problem with the discovery world AV or are they not transmitting all the time.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 8:51am On Feb 16, 2010
@Mide2008,
That bird is very funny.At 62% quality the discovery tp wouldn't turn green but the other tp for France 24 and the other nine channels was working fine with about 75% quality on my supermax lnb.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:06am On Feb 16, 2010
olofofo:

@george_d

u need to know where to cut the echosat to fully enjoy it. start from where the two plastic end meets at the top of the LNB

@olofofo,
Thanks. I also cut the digisat when I was tracking on sunday but no improvement at all. Will call you later on the possibility of sending me a properly cut echosat quad.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:57am On Feb 16, 2010
obijack:

Hello George,

Mounted my STRONG 2.4m over the weekend (the thing was embarrassingly big after coupling it) I almost wanted to ditch the idea  even though my landlord had given his blessings  for me to go ahead with it and then I had to deal with the space constrants which led me to carry out thesame construction u did for your motorised (Pics on page 4)

However,  I  was unable to do the tracking of nilesat due to time constraints.

I would like you to please let me have a strong working  tp for Nilesat most importantly where the massive dish is actually suppose to face. I know it's 7oW and if I am correct from my location in Ogudu  Lagos, it  should face opposite direction of  DSTV  and instelsat 7/2 ku both of which I have tracked myself including ASTRA 2B.  What will the  elevation look like, and is there any skewing or twicking that the LNB requires.  It is a STRONG 4 way quad LNB.

PS: I am not very good at this  degree things but I know that the higher the number of the degree the lower the elevation and  so on.

@obijack,
Check this link in season 3 for an idea of how my own nilesat installation went:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-242036.320.html#msg3606473

A lot has changed since then and some of those tps mentioned no longer apply for the south but you can still learn a lot from my post. In addition, you'll notice I talked severally about elevation, compass, etc. That is because for a newbie, you just can't avoid having an idea of elevation/azimuth if you want to save yourself a lot of stress in tracking dishes-especially big dishes 2.4m and above. Get yourself a compass and learn how to use it.

Meanwhile, in nilesat installation, what has not changed is the use of NSS7/ku position as your starting point to track.  After setting up your dish, move it to the west (where the sun sets) and put your decoder menu on manual scan. Choose nss7/k and make sure the frequency is on 11051v, 30,000sr (LC2 international). Track your dish and adjust your lnb until you get full bar up to 97% quality on LC2. Then move your dish upwards and slightly to the right facing east.

What has changed compared to last year? Now you can no longer use 10758v to track nilesat in the south. The best tracking frequency to use for now is: 11785v (dubai one) or 11977v (city 7). So, change to nilesat on your decoder manual scan menu and use any of those tps above. Make sure your lnb position is at 4 o'clock and that it is properly set at the focal lenght. Keep moving upwards untill the point where you see the red signal bars breathing. Hold the dish there momentarily and watch the green come out. Adjust until you get the highest signal before tighting up your dish neck.

For best results, I'd have suggested you use a 3m dish but since this is what your space can allow you, then you may have to be content with mostly channels on vertical tps like mbc, fox series, aljazeera, etc. H tps may struggle because of dish size. Also, for best results, use echosat 0.1db quad lnb or digisat 0.2db quad lnb in place of the strong quad lnb you presently have. Lastly try and do your installation during the morning hours. That is when you have stable vertical signals from nilesat.

Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2010
badaru1:

@@geoge d

use echosat 4 ways.

@badaru,
Looks like that is what it will be next. this fibre thing don tire me sef. It is too choosy on lnbs compared to pan. It's looking like pan dishes may be the way forward for out-of-footprint birds ooooo!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 10:19am On Feb 16, 2010
@ spaceman,thanks for the idea and info,i have tried to check the cable and the F connector's connection and i see that everything is okay,even after the installation i watched joy sport and emmanuel tv before adding my diseq switch,i wouldnt know if the diseq is the problem,but i promise this forum that i will get to the root of this problem and shared the solution on this forum too.thanks for your post.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 10:30am On Feb 16, 2010
@ all,@ mide2008, how you dey,i would want to nail the w2a that catch NTA sport and ABUJA NTA ,but the problem is that i dont know the position of this w2a but i can track it with my 69x if you can give me the frequency and location i.e east or west, thanks and hoping to hear from you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obijack: 11:54am On Feb 16, 2010
@ George D,

Thanks a lot for the info. May likely do the tracking next week as I am getting ready for an exam this weekend.

Will keep the house posted on how far I have gone.

Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2010
@Obijack,

How u dey, all these days i only go through the posts i neva contributed. You can check my profile for my number,sothat we can talk better.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 12:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
@ALL. Thanks for your kind words, i appreciate. I am closing from work very early despite my tight schedule(as Oga concern na o), i have to get all my dishes back online today. Champions league is around. My brother is already working on them.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bigabbey: 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2010
pls ogas in the house how can i get HHH motorised to scan w3A and others.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2010
@ al,pls i v problem wit my strong 53x.it keeps resetting database after power off.all satellite names and freq has wipped off.any solution house?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
@Sun-sat
IF I UNDERSTOOD YOUR PROBLEM
Remember your disecq switch has[b] inputs[/b] and one output. with 4x1 disecq switch, you can connect 4 different lnb to it , and only one output to your receiver.
you have to remenber that using your diseqc switch, you have to assign satellites to the ports, else u get nothing. This enables the Rx to recognise the signal coming from a partic. port. only assigned signals are allowed tghrough designated ports
I mean if yuo assign Astra 2B to port 1, your Rx will only recognise port 1 for astra 2B, You can assign more than one satellite to a port/disecq output.
I hope this will help, if at all I get you right.
Feedback as usual
Enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2010
bigabbey:

pls ogas in the house how can i get HHH motorised to scan w3A and others.
Do you have the HH Motor now? I yes what is the make and the size of dish it is specified for.
Remember, W3A I will advice no less than 90cm dish. Pass 7/10, Eutelsat W4, Sirius 4, Astra 2B, Nss7Ku you are goo to go with 60cm
22W + 69E=91 deg. Hope your motor can span this angle?
The technicalities i know of, i will post soon
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by figment232(m): 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2010
@all please wot is d tp for GO AFRICA on w3a?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2010
@ princeparis sorry about your blown dishes. Have you install them now.
Pls help me with RDV tp. I dont have it on my ew3a/sirius setup.
I just discovered that my goafrica and tv magadasca show in turn. If one is showing, the other skips. Does anyone has an explanation 4 this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.