Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,842 members, 7,912,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:15 AM

Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos (29374 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / 10m Nigerians To Get Free Wi-fi Facilities As Google Station Opens / Wi-fi To Be Replaced By Li-fi Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2016
PaulIdu:
Does Facebook not need a license to run this service since it's now clear it's not free and has some profiteering built in..just saying oo
CoolLink their partner is licensed.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Ajusshi: 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
UjSizzle:
How's that cheap when Airtel offers better for less?
No mind them joor. I think we have too many kids using their mama phone to browse
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by ireneony(f): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Richkid97:
Our Yeast brodas won't be happy with this
what is this rubbish.
Must you be a tribalist?
You talk as if only Yorubas' lives in lagos.
Just take a look at yourself undecided
Last time I checked the founder of Facebook is neither yoruba, hausa or ibo (not africa/black)

Mtchewwe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by naijaboiy: 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ajusshi:
Anti christ data tongue
People must just be dumb. undecided
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Ajusshi: 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
AgricSalt:

True?
Yes bro, true, maka Chukwu!
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by naijaboiy: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
Richkid97:
Our Yeast brodas won't be happy with this
Your brain lacks sense. Learn to use it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by goingape1: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ajusshi:
Anti christ data tongue

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by LoveJesus87(m): 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kimjinkyu:

sweet
if you are really serious dear,abeg u fit yarn me more about dat side e be like say I don dey tire for dis country small small sha...dat side go wan make sense small grin
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by jantavanta(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2016
PaulIdu:
Does Facebook not need a license to run this service since it's now clear it's not free and has some profiteering built in..just saying oo

They have partnered with CoolLink, which is already licensed.

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kimjinkyu:

sweet

Follow me dear need to ask you something concerning Korea.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by CIGARETTE: 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
kennygee:
If you're tired of NL and can't handle the rules and bans, why stay tho? Go to LIB. Why waste time commenting?
Aserogun nawa u o
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by diva90: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
Good development
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
My thoughts exactly
Ajusshi:
How is this cheap when i am using Airtel 6GB for 1500. Mark stifu joor
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
Are you kidding me? You think Mark Zukerberg the 7th richest man in the world would want to tarnish his image by providing a WiFi that twerks?
sonofmercy2000:

If the speed of the network will be okay.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by CornelG(m): 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ajusshi:

guy abeg load me with details i beg sharp sharp airtel 6GB for 1500 that means say i go download tire even download heaven ma self
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nathkem01(m): 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
Owk till then nau
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by KingRex1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
jmichlins:
Getting cheaper by day and I know it will finally crash

It's official man.. U gat zero entrepreneurial skills
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by joseph1832(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
Can't wait for MTN and other network to crash the price of their data plan. grin

See as Zuckerberg take dey spoil market for people. LMAO.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nature8(m): 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
Beautiful...

R.I.P to MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and other thieveing networks that engage in broad day light robbery.

Lol..

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ajusshi:
Bros,its not 6gb. Its actually 3gb. Install a data counter app in your device to verify. Air tel is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by highwaist: 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
I love simplicity of Mr Facebook.real billiioner think the same.just like Dangote.no wristwatch,no necklace,no tear tear jens.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by whao: 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
highwaist:
I love simplicity of Mr Facebook.real billiioner think the same.just like Dangote.no wristwatch,no necklace,no tear tear jens.

Very true so natural
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Stanbeto: 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
Must Everything start from Lagos, Why not Aba?
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by junnyjake(m): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
Diablo666:
lols. what a GREEK GIFT... wifi with ADVERTS? dude, its not cheap at all. and they ll also use the wifi to sample your preferences on all the internet activities you carry out via the wifi to know exactly what ads to send your way. this guy wants to monopolize advertising all across the world

So true, that's exactly what they do, they have this special program designed to keep track of your online activities, it's even used offline as well, big stores in the US for example 'target' can easily get your info and preferences through your shopping habits and send you free coupons to encourage you to continue shopping with them.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by jmichlins(m): 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
KingRex1:

It's official man.. U gat zero entrepreneurial skills
you know me not and what am capable of doing so carry your entrepeneur skills dey your own
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by tete7000(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
Beautiful...

R.I.P to MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and other thieveing networks that engage in broad day light robbery.

Competition will only force them to adjust. You dont expect they will allow themselves be expelled from market just like that. Wetin dem go come dey chop if that happens?
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Lilimax(f): 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
Stanbeto:
Lagos and Aba are no mate. Lagos is a state whereas Aba is a town. Lagos is the centre of excellence whereas Aba is an Enyimba city embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Lilimax(f): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
Stanbeto:
Lagos and Aba are no mate. smiley Lagos is a state whereas Aba is a town. Lagos is the centre of excellence whereas Aba is Enyimba city embarassed

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Jetjacky(m): 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
TechPill:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-B-U6gvQbkEk/V8WzMogHZnI/AAAAAAAABJc/H4YSO9Ie3E4xvxBq39DGF7kbSENDCAAwgCK4B/s1600/express-wifi-from-facebook-is-now-in-testing-phase-with-isps.jpg[/img]

Facebook set to launch cheap Expresswifi in lagos. ExpressWifi is a new program that allow all internet users to purchase a data from a local service providers at a very cheap rate. Though this is not the first time Facebook will be doing this, it has already be launched in India.

In other to make this work in Nigeria Facebook partnering with an Isp and integrator company known as CoolLink based in Abuja, Lagos, kano and Port Harcourt to achieve this. Having said that, the service is set to launch officially in Lagos in few days, however, it has started operation in some part of Lagos such as the Ikota shopping complex at lekki.

Facebook's internet service will come with advertisement. ExpressWifi cheap internet service, what i mean by cheap is that it will be affordable e.g N1,600 for 5GB, cheap right? below is ExpressWifi Data plans:

Data bundle cost validity
100MB N40 24hrs
300MB N110 24hrs
750MB N270 7days
2GB N700 7days
3GB N1000 30days
5GB N1600 30days

If you not sure if the service will be good enough, kindly sign up to ExpressWifi data plan free trial, which will get you 100MB per day for 14 days.

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2016/08/facebook-partner-with-expresswifi-to.html
not only Lagos, that should be brought down to the south east and north. It's needed oh like mad.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Sphilip1(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
Beautiful...

hehe... Yeah R.I.P....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by otitokoroleti: 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
kennygee:
If you're tired of NL and can't handle the rules and bans, why stay tho? Go to LIB. Why waste time commenting?
if you run a bizness & ur customer made their disatisfaction known to you, will you ask them to stop patronizing you? you seems not to understand the difference between forum & blog. blog is a one man show while forum is meant to share ideas among users. Nairalanders makes nairaland, taken?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do / Free Public Wifi In BRT Buses / Tecno Mobile First Full-screen Display Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.