Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. (5715 Views)

Poll: Against all odds! Is this another dream team or a dreaming team?

Dream Team: 23% (17 votes)
Dreaming Team: 76% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by harmeenut: 11:26am On Oct 03, 2009
It's more likely we meet Germany and not Ghana
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2009
I thank God just b/c of Siasia-not that .am particularly happy.The team is not just good-defenders and strikers-na waa.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by larimo(m): 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2009
LET US BE CAREFUL HERE!!! GOD MAY HAVE DONE A 'MIRACLE' BUT HE WILL NOT BE PLAYING THE BALL FOR US!!!!

We had this same 'miracle' at the last nation's cup and the boys ruined their chances even with 11 players against ghana's 10. Though I see the commitment, capacity and fire from the boys, they need to work harder. Siasia needs to instill a firm discipline and unshakable concentration and confidence in the camp!

I am solidly behind the Eagles!!!! Make us proud!!!
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Jarus(m): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2009
I prefer Ghana to Germany

. . .and just curious, if Nigeria face Germany, which team will DK support?
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by koolchicco: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2009
Jarus:

I prefer Ghana to Germany

. . .and just curious, if Nigeria face Germany, which team will DK support?

The Best Side of course. grin
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Borat1: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2009
if we meet ghana, we're out
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by saworoide: 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2009
I just checked it on FIFA website, we are meeting Germany and not Ghana. I don't think the Germans are any easier than Ghana, our boys need to raise their game to stand any chance.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by yonybanta(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2009
Please guys, we must learn to say positive things on this under 20 team and also Nigeria at large. Statement like: Nigeria is a disgrace, Nigeria is going no where; can not help us.

we are part of Nigeria, whether Nigeria is disgraceful or not, Nigeria cannot be disgraceful with the exemption of its citizen, so by implication the prosperity of this nation or retrogression can directly affects us. do something to help change the nation, leaders alone cannot do.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Jarus(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2009
yony banta:

Please guys, we must learn to say positive things on this under 20 team and also Nigeria at large. Statement like: Nigeria is a disgrace, Nigeria is going no where; can not help us.

we are part of Nigeria, whether Nigeria is disgraceful or not, Nigeria cannot be disgraceful with the exemption of its citizen, so by implication the prosperity of this nation or retrogression can directly affects us. do something to help change the nation, leaders alone cannot do.
Good people, great nation! grin
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Sagamite(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2009
Cristalz:

Make that ''. . .the way they are finishing''.

Frankly I don't have a problem with their play. I think it's pretty good. Finishing is the main problem they've got, and if by some crazy miracle they can get that fixed, they stand a very good chance of not being the first country to return home.
Ghana/Germany will be some litmus test.

If Cameroon played worse than Nigeria did then heck, they should go home.
For now, thank the Lord for Tahiti. grin

Actually, we are on the same page.

I was referring to the way Ghana is playing, not Nigeria. I believe Nigeria is playing well but just lacks attackers with positioning and finishing.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Sagamite(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2009
yony banta:

Don't mind the band of pathetics.

If something does not go as they expected, the lose all sense of objectivity and begin their emotional rant of everything is a failure blah blah blah.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Borat1: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2009
Nigeria has one of the WORST set of football fans who know nothing about support
They forget that the job of a fan is not just to go and watch the team, but to cheer them on whether they are losing or not
IF we win, they sing their praises to the high heavens,
IF we lose, they call for the heads of the coach and the players
IDIOTS!
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by category(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2009
Thank God we still qualified.
Just watch out for those boyz.
Though they started poorly, they 'll definately spring up surprizez.
How ever Thaiti ( is that thier name?) made history by conceeding 21 goals without scorin
Moreso they have 2 brothers sent off in the same match.
Thouhg thier first appearance in any football competition at any level.
No wonder thier fans no wan hear!
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by honeric01(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2009
Well, lets see what they can do come october 7
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by IFELEKE(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2009
Topic,
congrats, at least it's better to crash out in the second round than not to qualify from the group stage.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by AccoPen(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2009
We just won the cup!
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Akwasi(m): 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2009
I'm glad Nigeria is playing Germany. Ghana would have been a disaster! Go Nija use power play against those oyibo boys. U can do it cool
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by mikeoscar: 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2009
@Akwasi,
You really think it will be better to play Germany than to Play Ghana

Truth is, very few people on this forum realise that we have a very shakky defence and if we keep harping on attack, attack , such that our defence starts coming to get the goals like they did in the last match then you can be sure that we will have our goalie picking up the balls severally from behingd his net, short of becoming another Tahiti. The Germans are a disciplined side and will take advantage of a poor defence, or those physical play some Nigerians fancy to send a few of our players to the spectators stands.

On the other hand , if we play against Ghana, I see a situation where our boys will play for pride and skill for skill I think we are a lot better than the Ghanian side apart from that Abedi Pele's son and Rabiu that got a red last night, the rest are just good not any better than Osanga or , wink tongue
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Akwasi(m): 6:39pm On Oct 03, 2009
mike oscar:

@Akwasi,

Truth is, very few people on this forum realise that we have a very shakky defence and if we keep harping on attack, attack , such that our defence starts coming to get the goals like they did in the last match then you can be sure that we will have our goalie picking up the balls severally from behingd his net, short of becoming another Tahiti. The Germans are a disciplined side and will take advantage of a poor defence, or those physical play some Nigerians fancy to send a few of our players to the spectators stands.

[size=15pt]On the other hand , if we play against Ghana, I see a situation where our boys will play for pride and skill for skill I think we are a lot better than the Ghanian side apart from that Abedi Pele's son and Rabiu that got a red last night, the rest are just good not any better than Osanga[/size] or , wink tongue

My friend what have u been smoking? grass? U want play that pacy Ghanaians? Did u watch em yesterday against the Uruguay? Tell me have u seen any better match than that in ths tournament? Nija's only chance is to use physical play on the oyibo boys.  Dont compare any player from the Nija side to the Ghanaians. They dont match! grin
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by soccerprof: 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2009
i said it and i wish them a successful round of 16 match
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by greateliso(m): 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2009
thank God we made it
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Sagamite(m): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2009
mike oscar:

@Akwasi,

On the other hand , if we play against Ghana, I see a situation where our boys will play for pride and skill for skill I think we are a lot better than the Ghanian side apart from that Abedi Pele's son and Rabiu that got a red last night, the rest are just good not any better than Osanga or , wink tongue

We have a weak defence?

How?
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by saworoide: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2009
category:

Thank God we still qualified.
Just watch out for those boyz.
Though they started poorly, they 'll definately spring up surprizez.
How ever Thaiti ( is that thier name?) made history by conceeding 21 goals without scorin
Moreso they have 2 brothers sent off in the same match.
Thouhg thier first appearance in any football competition at any level.
No wonder thier fans no wan hear!

Please don't be too hard on Tahiti. The country's population is about 200,000, something like the number you can find in Oshodi or Alaba on a busy day. They already won the competition by qualifying for the tournament ahead of other countries in their continent.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by zoraro(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2009
saworoide:

Please don't be too hard on Tahiti. The country's population is about 200,000, something like the number you can find in Oshodi or Alaba on a busy day. They already won the competition by qualifying for the tournament ahead of other countries in their continent.

They (Tahiti) qualified mainly because Australia played in the Asian qualifiers not the Oceania qualifiers like before.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 05, 2009
@title,
what congratulations?for 3 inept performances?
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by tkb417(m): 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
Sagamite:

We have a weak defence?

How?
we conceded 3 goals in the first 2 games!

it could have been more. I think the woodworks got about 3 alltogether in the first 2 games

that summarises how weak the backline is
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Sagamite(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2009
tkb417:

we conceded 3 goals in the first 2 games!

it could have been more. I think the woodworks got about 3 alltogether in the first 2 games

that summarises how weak the backline is

Being one that has watched the matches, one of the 3 was a penalty, the other 2 can be attributed to the keeper's errors.

So how can we now term our defence as "weak"?

My definition of "weak" in football will suggest incompetence in ability or teamwork. Definitely the defence I have seen in this tournament is nowhere near such a term.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by snapshot: 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2009
Sagamite:

Being one that has watched the matches, one of the 3 was a penalty, the other 2 can be attributed to the keeper's errors.

My definition of "weak" in football will suggest incompetence in ability or teamwork. Definitely the defence I have seen in this tournament is nowhere near such a term.
I agree with you bro.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by FBS: 7:11am On Oct 06, 2009
Sagamite:

Well, I think only "one" can be attributed to the keeper's error i.e the first goal against spain.
Our backline was shaky when Venezuela scored. Nwankwo was playing center back and attempted clearing with his head from a set piece but he missed or were they trying the yeye offside trap? Whichever it was, both failed and Venezuela scored. There was absolutely nothing the keeper could do.

Our defense got better but again, they were caught napping even against Tahiti and it was our keeper that saved us.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Sagamite(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2009
FBS:

Well, I think only "one" can be attributed to the keeper's error i.e the first goal against spain.
Our backline was shaky when Venezuela scored. Nwankwo was playing center back and attempted clearing with his head from a set piece but he missed or were they trying the yeye offside trap? Whichever it was, both failed and Venezuela scored. There was absolutely nothing the keeper could do.

Our defense got better but again, they were caught napping even against Tahiti and it was our keeper that saved us.

No 1, he was not playing centre back, he was defending a centre piece.

Players do miss balls sometimes, as long as it is a rare occurence, then it is fine that is not a "weak" defence. Whether you like it or not, there will be attempts on goals no matter how good your defence is, even if your the Italian senior team, so it is left to keepers to show their worth when this happens.

For the goal of the Venezuelans, the keeper tried to parry the ball like a sissy and did not even dive the whole length of the his post as he possibly could from the position he was in.

No 2, this is the same defence that played 2 matches in a team that had 10 men and yet was hardly pressured. They kept their own well in both matches.

The team is good, just lacks finishing or even a basic striker.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by tkb417(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2009
Sagamite:

Players do miss balls sometimes, as long as it is a rare occurence, then it is fine that is not a "weak" defence. Whether you like it or not, there will be attempts on goals no matter how good your defence is, even if your the Italian senior team, so it is left to keepers to show their worth when this happens.

For the goal of the Venezuelans, the keeper tried to parry the ball like a sissy and did not even dive the whole length of the his post as he possibly could from the position he was in.

No 2, this is the same defence that played 2 matches in a team that had 10 men and yet was hardly pressured. They kept their own well in both matches.

Saga
all you need to do is see the first half of the game against venezuela and u'll understand what it means to have a bad backline
all attempts at scoring could have entered the net if not for the goalie

A good backline shields the goalie while a good goalie helps the backline. The goalie did his part but we lost cos the backline decided to sleep

I agree the attackers arent good also. yeah, that summarises again while we qualified as best loser
the team is bad

backline+frontline are not good

backline cannot clear their lines effectively while the attackers cant even shoot at goal if a gun is placed on thier head

Germany will win 2-0
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by FBS: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2009
Sagamite:

No 1. Yes he was playing center back and it was when we were a man down that he moved up. Go back and watch the match.

No 2. The keeper could have done nada. It was more or less a one-on-one situation. The Venezuelan player bursted in, in a flash and before you could say Sagamite, ball don enter. Even 2 goal keepers would not have saved the day.

No 3. Our first half against Venezuela was terrible especially the backline, thanks to the keeper we could have easily conceded 3 goals if not more.

No 4. In the second half we pressed the life out of them but couldn't get the goal.

No 5. Our keeper saved us against Tahiti. Yes, against Tahiti.

The team is not bad but you wouldn't say SUPER. Well, except they (Siasia and his boys) have something really good in stock for us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana VS Nigeria (Women's Nations Cup Qualifier) Today At 5pm / Free 100% Sure Games For Today / 95% Income | Free $100 To Stake | BBM Channel C00465A92

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.