Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,883 members, 7,879,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 03:22 AM

Professional Nurse Examination? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Professional Nurse Examination? (23174 Views)

74rri, Nigerian Army Shortlist Names For Pre-screening Examination / 5 Solid Advantages Of Marrying A Nurse. / Challenges Of Being A Male Nurse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Nurse Examination? by brianromel(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
Pls cn any1 give me info(web addy,phone nos) on d profesional nursing examination which is being done in ghana or nigeria. D exam is for registerd nurses.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bintab(f): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2009
brianromel:

Pls cn any1 give me info(web addy,phone nos) on d profesional nursing examination which is being done in ghana or nigeria. D exam is for registerd nurses.
What kind of professional examination are you requesting information because there are bunch of them, be specific or give a brief description for us to help you.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by Potu(m): 10:17am On Oct 03, 2009
brianromel:

If your interest is to practice nursing in the USA, contact Pearson VUE or the Nursing Board of the State you wish to practice. Pearson will provide you with the information on centers and application process.

However, you apply to Pearson through a state nursing board. Any state will do. Oncce you pass the exam in one state you can wave into any other state, and you do not have to re-take the exam. Incidentally, passing the exam automatically gets you a green card because of the serious nursing shortage in the U.S. Starting salary is $60,000 and in some states (Alaska), as high as $100,000.

NCLEX (National Council Licensure EXamination) is an examination for the licensing of nurses in the United States. NCLEX examinations are developed and owned by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc. (NCSBN). NCSBN administers these examinations on behalf of its member boards which consist of the boards of nursing in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and four U.S. territories American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands. NCLEX examinations are provided in a computerized adaptive testing (CAT) format and are presently administered by Pearson VUE in their network of Pearson Professional Centers (PPC).

1 Like

Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by brianromel(m): 11:54am On Oct 03, 2009
Potu, pls can u give me d website of pearson? Also i heard dat d profesional nursin exam is cald West African nursin examinatn board (or someting).d exam can b done specificaly in ghana or abuja.pasin these exams qualify u to work abroad. I hv a degree in nursing.im a qualified midwife,n i hv Hnd in public health.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by Potu(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2009
brianromel:

Potu, pls can u give me d website of pearson?

The NCLEX® Examination, Test Taker Services
http://www.vue.com/nclex/
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bintab(f): 12:11am On Oct 05, 2009
brianromel:

Potu, pls can u give me d website of pearson? Also i heard dat d profesional nursin exam is cald West African nursin examinatn board (or someting).d exam can b done specificaly in ghana or abuja.pasin these exams qualify u to work abroad. I hv a degree in nursing.im a qualified midwife,n i hv Hnd in public health.
I guess you are requesting information about CGFNS i.e .Yes they have centers for the exam. both in Abuja and Ghana,it is consider a pre -requist to best of my knowledge.you will also be required to take the TOEFL,This  may (not definitely) qualified you for a working visa in USA.You are required to take the NCLEX examination when you arrived the STATES before you are licensed to practice nursing.Requirements of each states differs many Nigeria trained nurses opts for florida,texas and califonia. You can visit CGFNS.ORG for more information about their fees and exams schedule.i hope this help,all the best.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by Potu(m): 7:56am On Oct 05, 2009
bintab:

I guess you are requesting information about CGFNS i.e .Yes they have centers for the exam. both in Abuja and Ghana,it is consider a pre -requist to best of my knowledge.you will also be required to take the TOEFL,This may (not definitely) qualified you for a working visa in USA.You are required to take the NCLEX examination when you arrived the STATES before you are licensed to practice nursing.Requirements of each states differs many Nigeria trained nurses opts for florida,texas and califonia. You can visit CGFNS.ORG for more information about their fees and exams schedule.i hope this help,all the best.

Bintap may be absolutely right. I am not a nurse and I have never even heard of a CGFNS. So, please go with her. I only know that when I hire nurses who are not from the U.S., I require that they realize they can’t just practice nursing because they were nurses back home. Once they have their state Board certification; my attorneys clear their immigration status immediately and without any problems. That is the extent of my very limited knowledge. I let the attorney guys handle all the paperwork. Good luck.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by Emperoh(m): 8:44am On Oct 05, 2009
Poster
Try the West African College of Nursing office on Herbert Macaulay in Yaba
It covers all West African countries. . . . .i don't know about countries beyond West Africa.
www.wacn.org!!
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by sushiluv(f): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2009
TO BINTAP
   HI,
     pls wat abt sum1 with a degree in biochemistry Nigerian university dat wants to become a nurse? pls how can i go abt it?is der any way d person  can go for nursing abroad and which country would you advice not expensive please.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by seguno2: 9:37am On Oct 05, 2009
Potu:

Bintap may be absolutely right. I am not a nurse and I have never even heard of a CGFNS. So, please go with her. I only know that when I hire nurses who are not from the U.S., I require that they realize they can’t just practice nursing because they were nurses back home. Once they have their state Board certification; my attorneys clear their immigration status immediately and without any problems. That is the extent of my very limited knowledge. I let the attorney guys handle all the paperwork. Good luck.

i know someone who has BSN and RN from a US university and a State Licensing Board but who is now doing her Masters in Healthcare Mgt & Administration. Can your attorney work with her for her green card and clear her immigration status from F1 "Immediately"?
If yes, you can email me: seguno@yahoo.com
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by Nezan(m): 11:12am On Oct 05, 2009
How come a bio-chemist will want to become a nurse?
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bintab(f): 6:13am On Oct 06, 2009
TO BINTAP
    HI,
      pls wat abt sum1 with a degree in biochemistry Nigerian university dat wants to become a nurse? pls how can i go abt it?is der any way d person  can go for nursing abroad and which country would you advice not expensive please.
[quote][/quote]Do you inteded  to move and settle in USA?.if yes the best bet is for you to opt for nursing profession if you love it anyway.It is more easier to get a certifcate in nursing than trying to futher your biochemistry and ther is no job guarrantee for it. Many states school of health profession will accept your sciece credict from Nigeria i.e some courses will be waive for your enrollment.Most states especially Texas,New York, Maryland,North and south Carolina,Califonia and bunch of others will accredated your credicts from Nigeria.If you have anybody from these states they can call couples of the school and let you know your stand.Good luck.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bintab(f): 6:15am On Oct 06, 2009
Emperoh:

Poster
Try the West African College of Nursing office on Herbert Macaulay in Yaba
It covers all West African countries. . . . .i don't know about countries beyond West Africa.
www.wacn.org!!

This organisation is not accepted/recognised in the USA.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bintab(f): 6:22am On Oct 06, 2009
seguno2:

i know someone who has BSN and RN from a US university and a State Licensing Board but who is now doing her Masters in Healthcare Mgt & Administration. Can your attorney work with her for her green card and clear her immigration status from F1 "Immediately"?
I do not think she needed an attoney to get a her a job or move back to US, if she is licensed from an acrredated school and state,She should do an online job hunt with USAJOBS,most organisations will filed a working visa for her.Wish her good luck.We are despirates for nurses not kidding at all.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by seguno2: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2009
bintab:

I do not think she needed an attoney to get a her a job or move back to US, if she is licensed from an acrredated school and state,She should do an online job hunt with USAJOBS,most organisations will filed a working visa for her.Wish her good luck.We are despirates for nurses not kidding at all.

Thanks for the link. I just checked the site. It is for government jobs only and seems to require citizens only. Do you know anyone who changed his status from F1 to work permit through this particular site? Look forward to your response.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by seguno2: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2009
seguno2:

Potu, any hope of a response soon. Can't see your mail yet.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by selimot: 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2009
that's good enough. i can still help u more on what u need about proffessional nursing exams. but u can still visit http://onlinedegree-olasco..com/ 4 more info.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by Linguist(f): 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2009
i dont mind getin info abt this exam o cos i really wanna rite too. i am a rn, know of any website pls.[quote][/quote]
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bintab(f): 12:49am On Oct 09, 2009
seguno2:

Thanks for the link. I just checked the site. It is for government jobs only and seems to require citizens only. Do you know anyone who changed his status from F1 to work permit through this particular site? Look forward to your response.
There are others individual agencies,i cannot remnber their names but if you google find a job as a nurse in usa thre will be many links.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bintab(f): 12:50am On Oct 09, 2009
Linguist:

i dont mind getin info abt this exam o cos i really wanna rite too. i am a rn, know of any website pls.

the wb site is cgfns.org,you will get all the infor including fees and schedules.All the best.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bintab(f): 12:53am On Oct 09, 2009
selimot:

that's good enough. i can still help u more on what u need about proffessional nursing exams. but u can still visit http://onlinedegree-olasco..com/ 4 more info.

What are you insinuating.Your blog carries no actual information that can help in anyway.Online degrees are not accepted in most organisation except as a post grad.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 11, 2009
@ OP

I'm not sure you can still work in the UK with only west African qualifications.

They've gotten very strict about that but you can still check with people who are there and the nursing board. You might just get lucky.

I dont know about other countries however.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by ofeyi69: 12:42am On Oct 15, 2009
Well, i had a B.SC Chemistry in Nigeria with good knowledge of chemical analysis of food and drugs. When i moved to USA , it was very difficult to get a job. I managed to get a job with a popular food company, cound you believe that a Nigerian who was suppose to be my supervisor fired me the first week on the job. This is because my CV was a treat to him. To cut the long story short, i went to a country side (remote area) to study nursing. I passed my Nclex board exam already and now work as a Licensed Vocational Nurse. During the period in school, i met an African lady in the hospital where i did my clinicals and she said the hospital assisted her with her paper to come to the US.
For those who have passed the first step of the board exam in Nigeria or Nigerian nurses who passed one or two steps already, i can give the details of few hospital in Texas who can hire such individuals. The hospital will assist with the papers for the visa. But however, such people are made to sign a bond to work for the hospital and they will be paid for less for about 3 years. After 3 years they assist with papers to stay in the US. If you need this info or any other info, i can help to my best knowledge.
From, Good Samaratan.

4 Likes

Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by lovemoi2(f): 5:29am On Dec 11, 2009
once u pass the NCLEX exam which is taken in few countries you can work in the US
countries like Korea, India Philippines and i think 4 other countries offer NCLEX

other countries also offer exams that you need to pass to be a nurse in their countries

Nezan:

How come a bio-chemist will want to become a nurse?

it happens there are so many people who go to the nursing field after having a degree in some course so they can get a better job opportunity

i even know doctors that are taking up a degree in nursing right now, i dont live in naija so maybe in naija its different
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by bigdave1: 10:37am On Dec 13, 2009
ofeyi69
please can you give me the list of those hospital in texas.i am a registered nurse in nigeria really hoping to work in united states.i shall be grateful if i can be supplied with the hospitals address.this is my e mail address davebees2003@yahoo.com.thanks so much.cheers
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by ABBY4: 8:12am On Nov 12, 2011
People are not the same, and every disappointment is a blessing. Kindly send the names of the hospitals to bibiateboh@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot and God bless you the more.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:09am On Nov 13, 2011
Just passing
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by susay2006: 4:03pm On May 03, 2013
pls, must i have a degree in nursing or go to school of nursing before i can begin to write professional exams in nursing? I intend going for B.sc in nursing but i already have a degree in Microbiology. I want to ask if there are any exams i can sit for.
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by JoannaSedley(f): 4:40pm On May 03, 2013
Your microbiology stuff will get you a direct entry to study nursing in some universities.
Cos i wonder what you will write to be a professional nurse. You'll start from the grassroot so it is either you go to school of nursing or university to study nursing or you back out. No short cut, even Eliza nurse undergoes 1-2 years of training.
Close your eyes, it is only 4 years with your cert.

3 Likes

Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by echeoluchi: 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
Please how can a registered nurse in Nigeria go about this NCLEX examination. I want to know if the exam is written in Nigeria, if yes, where are the examination centers, if no pls can someone tell me where and how the examination is being taken. Thanks
Re: Professional Nurse Examination? by echeoluchi: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2014
@ ofeyi69 pls can you give me the details of the hospitals that can hire me. i am a registered Bnsc nurse-midwife and am interested in the offer. hope to get a reply soon. thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians / Daughter Of Hospital Cleaner In South Africa Becomes A Medical Doctor (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.