Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,697 members, 7,921,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:20 AM

This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks (4781 Views)

Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' / Meet The Nigerian Woman That Built 4 Bedroom Flat From Roasted Corn Business / My Startup Hotels.ng Just Raised $1.2m. Ask Me Anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by OgidiBoy(m): 11:51pm On Oct 05, 2009
How did this heartfelt story turn into a tribal war? does it matter if the man is Igbo or Yoruba, the man could be an Hausa man for all we care. Na wa for Nigerians oh. And we talk of one Nigeria sad
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by emekagh(m): 2:05am On Oct 06, 2009
Lol. Tribal war indeed. I believe some people enjoy having fun at at the expense of the truth. Anyway, why some argue about which tribes go for education or not, one organisation (in nigeria) is keeping a record of Applications and Admission by states.

Check your state and check your score for both male and female for the past 6-7 year. Go to JAMB website

http://www.jambng.com/app_ume.php

If you look at the 2008/2009 Application statistics

http://www.jambng.com/ume/umeapp08.pdf

you will notice that there is very little difference in term of number of UME application for both the South- East, South West, and South-South. Differences might just be due to population difference.

Cheers
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by sherrylo: 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Poster whats the big deal in this?I know of some women that does Alabaru {load carrier} in Idumota that are very succesful with their own houses and even one woman in particular she sells iced water those days but pure water now, she has her own three bed house in Ojo and her daughter now works in a bank. Still the woman is still on with her pure water.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 10, 2009
bidemi12:

For economical growth in this country i sincerely believe the igbo man would make the perfect president. Sadly that is not enough, politics is not their forte. Just to damned aggressive.  O.k let the missiles come grin

you don dey land small small.

oya tell us your life story.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by fuke(m): 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2009
From rags to riches. How I wish my friends who said Graduates should not drive cabs
      see this. Big things start small, we have been told this from youth and we see it everyday.
      Razaq Okoya, the patriach of Eleganza started with wrist watches at Obun Eko. Michelin,
      the tyre octopus was started by a father and son on  bicycle.
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by Sagamite(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2009
fuke:

From rags to riches. How I wish my friends who said Graduates should not drive cabs
      see this. Big things start small, we have been told this from youth and we see it everyday.
      Razaq Okoya, the patriach of Eleganza started with wrist watches at Obun Eko. Michelin,
      the tyre octopus was started by a father and son on  bicycle.

Stop making foooolish statements.

No 1, have you seen the quality of house he built? Is building a house with shalanga (pit latrine) toilet such an impressive achievement?

No 2, what proportion of people that sell wrist watches at Obun Eko make it above that? 0.001%?

No 3, the brothers that started Michelin tyres already had a rubber factory and were not laymen.

Any more moronic excuses for justifying a foresightless vision such as a kabu kabu driver conversion scheme of graduates by a stupid governor?
Re: This Man Built A House, Raised 2 Graduates Selling Chewing Sticks by igboboy1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
oolumide:

Mekuslogan

Stemming from the same topic on another thread (now locked), I would like to comment on those who say the man achieved this feat due to the fact that he lives in Ondo. That is pure hogwash. According to the story, the raw material is sourced in Calabar and not Ondo. That explains why an Ondo man could not duplicate or replicate the same achievement, given that only Igbos (amongst the Nigerian groups) can live in
another area and transact business from yet another area (in this case he is from Ebonyi, lives in Ondo and does business as far away as Calabar). Even Adenuga no feat do am 

Again people need to educate themselves on the trend of academic pursuit in present-day Nigeria and the position of the Igbo on the ladder of such a trend.

So, I repeat again that in Nigeria, only an Igbo can do this, otherwise please supply a news report to counter my position.

They locked this topic @ the other side due to tribal comment. But u still came here to raise it. I have never abused anybody on nairaland before, but with all due respect sir, YUO [\b] are the most useless, [b] stoborn , idiotic and tribalistic nigeria I have ever seen . It is obvious that you are not educated and u are not worthy of been in this site. angry sad shocked

guy at least if u wan chastise a person say im no go school, u supposes dey speak correct grammar with correct spelling and sentences,  My English no to good na why i dey mix am with pidgin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Human Hair In Wholesale ? / Original T.M Lewin Shirts For Sale in Lagos Nigeria / MMM Global Is A Scam Read How It Failed In Russia AND South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.