Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,359 members, 7,910,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 05:21 PM

Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless (8930 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / “These Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by sandee575(f): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2009
@Bidemi12
Do whatever makes you happy, no matter how stupid
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by Abuzola(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2009
Grrrg thank God the truth is coming out daily, why not come to Islam, enough of ur pastor stealings from tithe to offerring
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by anonimi: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2009
sowing a seed is just the new pastoral scam since most of them realise that they cannot biblically sustain the tithe scam anymore.
just sow a seed in the pastor's life God's representative to you) and you are saved (from prosecution for stealing the money from your society/government/company/employer) as you receive your breakthrough(appointment to a position where you can steal even more to the detriment of yourself and your society at large) and you give testimony of God's goodness shocked

Abuzola:

Grrrg thank God the truth is coming out daily, why not come to Islam, enough of your pastor stealings from tithe to offerring

do u actually mean what u said above
those thieving imams or who wink
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by theviper1: 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2009
i have argued and i have become so angry and frustrated that i virtually have stopped commenting on this topic. my brother gets so worked up each time i let him understand that he is being used by these group of thieves. cos many nigerian churches are coming to our city, and for fear of losing their customers to other churches,winners chapel desprately gave her members titles. i think my brother was given a dicken or an ichi dont know which,bt that really heightened his militancy. i told him that it was nothing bt a smart move on the side of the church owners to keep their high paying clients,bt he wont have any of that. am so tired that i dont want to get involved in this issues again. pple are calling others conmen,fraudsters and scammers and are willingly giving their resources to super con artists in the name of trying to buy a spot in the kingdom of God.many pastors have private jets while the members who bled to pay for those joy-rides doesnt even own a bicycle and yet they wont sit down and think for a second. oh meu Deus.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2009
@Sandee575 To you it is stupid, to me it is a rule laid out in the bible which has guided me to this day and made me very very successful. Obviously you are of low esteem and intellect otherwise i would share my knowledge on karma and natural laws with you. But alas i fear that my time and knowledge would be wasted. Please wallow in ignorance.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by anonimi: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2009
bidemi12:

@Sandee575 To you it is stupid, to me it is a rule laid out in the bible which has guided me to this day and made me very very successful. Obviously you are of low esteem and intellect otherwise i would share my knowledge on karma and natural laws with you. But alas i fear that my time and knowledge would be wasted. Please wallow in ignorance.

can u share with us the Bible parts where Christ made seed sowing to Him (Jesus Christ) as a pre-requisite for being successful (i guess u mean prosperous-right?).
I imagine u are a Christian i.e. Christ-like!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2009
@Anonimi Like i said wallow in ignorance
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2009
What i come to find out is that most people are so dissappointed and fustrated with life that they lash out at anything. My beliefs are no concern of yours. Have i questioned your logic in being an aethist? what ever works for you mmeeenn. I shudder to live where i do not believe in anything.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by sandee575(f): 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2009
@bidemi12

I see another fake pastor coming up in you, only that your reign will be
most vile, going by your posts. Yet, success is relative.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by ttalks(m): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2009
bidemi12:

@Anonimi Like i said wallow in ignorance

is it that u are afraid to defend ur belief? U're afraid it wouldn't stand up to scrutiny?

bidemi12:

What i come to find out is that most people are so dissappointed and fustrated with life that they lash out at anything. My beliefs are no concern of yours. Have i questioned your logic in being an aethist? what ever works for you mmeeenn. I shudder to live where i do not believe in anything.

Anonimi is not an aetheist but a christian who refuses to be fooled by idiots who think they're Christians.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
@Sandee575    So you are not completely lost. Yes success is relative. The reason you question so much is because you believe only in the financial part and forget all others. I think there is hope for you.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
ttalks Like i said b4 most people are so fustrated with life that they lash out at everything and everyone. From my original post i have shown my disgust for pastors who take advantage of their flock but as a christian i have to do what the bible says. word of advice, do not let poverty dictate your interpretation of the bible.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by Tudor6(f): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2009
bidemi12:

@Tudor   Granted there are lots of fake pastors out there who take advantage of us. These pastors are aethist like you who see the business side to christianity. That will not stop me from paying my tithe and making my offerings to the almighty. What those pastors do with it is none of my business so long as i have done my part. I can only complain and maybe those your brothers will see the light and actually change. And do you know why i do this? because i believe in God and the bible. Why do you continue to vote knowing that PDP will rig the election? You know that the rule is to vote and the exception is pdp's rigging. It is not normal. shikena
Like I said, you're an example of the lazy and selfish christians. . . . Let me tell you, you're as much a stakeholder in the "body of christ" as that pastor. Its your DUTY to ensure your giving affects the lives of the poor and needy positively afterall Jesus said he came for the poor.

What is the purpose of the instruction to give in the bible if not to care for the less privileged? Did God tell you he wants to eat your money?

You are not under ANY obligation to pay your offering or tithe to any pastor. . . .what stops you from taking that money to the nearest beggar, hospital, orphanages or charities. . . .would god think less of your method of payment and not accept?

People should open their eyes and stop being stupid.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2009
@Tudor I dont know why i have to keep repeating this, please and please, do not let poverty and fustration dictate your interpretation of the bible. Life go better by Gods grace
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by ttalks(m): 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2009
bidemi12:

ttalks Like i said b4 most people are so fustrated with life that they lash out at everything and everyone. From my original post i have shown my disgust for pastors who take advantage of their flock but as a christian i have to do what the bible says. word of advice, do not let poverty dictate your interpretation of the bible.

But when it is scriptures that say that what u believe in is wrong, people will definitely speak up.
For example, ur paying of tithes and giving or sowing of seeds.
A lot of Christians think they are asked by the word of God to pay tithes but that is not true.
I don't want to start talking about that but i think u should read Tonye-T's thread on "Who say's tithing is not new testamental?".
There, u would see arguments for and against tithing under the new testament.

if u are a very honest and sincere person, u will know what side to follow.

here's the link: Who says Tithing is not new testamental?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by sandee575(f): 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2009
bidemi12 (m)
chitown

Re: I Knew It Was Over When
« #77 on: Today at 02:35:38 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew it was over when she jumped from the bridge into the lagoon

A[b] TITHATS THE PAYING CHRISTIAN'S IDEA OF A JOKE[/b]
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2009
To me, since i believe in God, tithing is like saving up for a rainy day and God is the CBN. even if the bank md's squander my money i have insurance with God and i can withdraw my money later.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by sandee575(f): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2009
ABOVE >> THATS THE TITHE PAYING CHRISTIAN'S IDEA OF A JOE
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by Tudor6(f): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2009
bidemi12:

@Tudor    I dont know why i have to keep repeating this, please and please, do not let poverty and fustration dictate your interpretation of the bible. Life go better by Gods grace
Err I think its you who's got poverty/frustration as your motivation to be christian. . . .thats why these pastors can deceive you into sowing your life savings so you can be rich. I weep for thee!!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2009
Haba sandee575   The thread was from from a joke section. Have we come to this? are we now going in the petty direction? did i ever say i was a born again? I am a struggling christian like everyone else. eh na wa oooh. you have lost the arguement and are now going into smear campaign mode. haba dont be childish now.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by sandee575(f): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2009
To me, since i believe in God, tithing is like saving up for a rainy day and God is the CBN. even if the bank md's squander my money i have insurance with God and i can withdraw my money later.  

You cant be more moronic. I gotta give up on you now
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2009
Childish sandee575 obviously you know nothing about tithing because basically that is the concept of tithing. You are investing in yourself with God. All this aethist sef.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by REALTRUTH1: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2009
bidemi12:

@Sandee575    So you are not completely lost. Yes success is relative. The reason you question so much is because you believe only in the financial part and forget all others. I think there is hope for you.
 Greetings to you in the Jesus name,,,am glad to note ur commitment to Christ and His saving grace,,,,however,,like U have noted in some of ur posted,,,As a christian,,,I am particularly disappointed in almost all the pastors in Nigeria,,,including the ones U probably referred to as organised ones.The organised ones re the ones where evil,religion, and serving/worshipping of men as against God has been enshrined.
 U can call tudor,banom etc Atheist,,,,but the truth is that the church and christians in Nigeria re the ones giving people the reason to question some of the things we(christians) do.Take for instance,,,till this moment as speak,,,there has been conflicting sides of stories relating to RCCG buying a jet,,,the elders and GO of the church has not deemed it fit to clear or make a clear statement to that effect,,,,but when issues of a text message coming out from RCCG,,,the pastors were quick to deny that publicly,,,,
The best thing as a Christian is to live and operate like the Barean Christians,,,,hold onto God's unchanging hands and also use the wisdom in the concept of the humility of a dove and wisdom(wise) of a serpent,,,I do not believe in seed sowing and prosperity message been preached everywhere,,,am very sure these men didn't hear from God,,,I love life and also love good things of life,,,but I also believe U have to work very hard to achieve success in life,,,
The millionaires in China,India etc didn't follow these lies been peddled around in some churches,,,Bill Gates I supposed right now is an Atheist,,,he was the richest man in the world at a time,,he was worth over $60Billion,,,but his worth depleted to about $30Billion because he was giving to the less priviledged people in Africa and which Nigeria is among,,,Bill gates is not has never been a lazy man,,,if U ask him the way to success he would tell U work hard man!!!
 On the materialism in Nigerian churhes,,,do U know the richest man in the world who one of his companies happens to manufacture private jets does not own a private jet to himself? Do U know this same man has been living in the same house he bought over 35yrs ago,,,Do U know he has just one car and that he does'nt have a driver to himself(he drives himself around)?,,,,his name is warren buffet!!,,,if U ask him about success and wealth,,,,his ideas is in contrast to what these people in nigeria thinks,,,
Even if people criticise pastors in nigeria,,,they re stating obvious and that does'nt change the fact that "Jesus is Lord",,,,,According to the Bible,,,we live in the age where even the "Elects" can be deceieved,,,,and if the Bibles stated clearly that in the last days there  would be lying spirits going about in the name of God,,,why does anyone wants to think otherwise?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2009
@Real truth herein lies the problem, financial success is not the only measure of true success.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by winnersho: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2009
Everyone can type all they want to, but one thing is for sure; Everyone would one day come face to face with the author of Life and give account of all decisions and actions taken in this present life.

Deuteronomy 30:19

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by Eaglebabe: 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2009
I warn and advise,leave this people with God.Allow God to judge them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by Toks2008(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2009
Hello Guys,

Please lets leave the issue of giving and tithing because these are commandments of GOD and we should obey his ordinances.

Yes we know that some crooks in the name of pastors have exploited this to their own advantage but wetin we go do? shall we disobey GOD.

But what pains me is this hypocritical act of giving experienced these days. Look at the 10million copies or maybe more that was distributed by christembassy on October first.

I heard one of the distribution committee members on AIT thanking pastor chris for the copies meanwhile she ought to  give thanks to GOD and the members of the church who actually bought these copies and enriching pastor chris' printing company.

Reach out Nigeria is organised in such a way that every member of the church decides on the number of copies he/she will be willing to buy and pay N150 per copy which means that billions of naira was injected into this project from members across the globe. Though pastor chris acknowledges this in the inside page of the front cover and i really love and respect his business acumen.

I don't care how much pastor chris printing press made in profit cos thats not my business and i am very happy for him with all sincerity but what i'm not happy about is the gratitude given to him by members but i guess these are just some of the shameless situation we have to cope with.

After weighing all these anomalies, i am thinking of establishing an NGO that will ensure that all religious organisations will be mandated to pay a certain amount into a bank account or accounts that will have 3 sincere and prominent Nigerians as signatories.

The money in these bank accounts will serve as succor to people who need money for emergencies especially in the area of treatment and may serve as template to give soft loans to youths that have sound business ideas and many more reasonable purposes. If every church in Nigeria deposits just N100 every month. You can multiply this sum by over 100.000 church branches in Nigeria.(i am being modest cos we have well over 500,000)

I am tired of all these business centers camouflaging as churches asking people to give so that there will be meat in GOD;s house(Malachi) but they have diverted these meat for their selfish consumption.

As for me, i will continue to pay my tithe and also give according to how GOD directs me and not by enticing words of men.

May GOD save us.

Toks
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by dinggle: 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2009
@Banom,

Thank God for you, I have seen someone who reasons like me. I have also said it, If I had my way I would convert to Islam. Christianity in Nigeria is a complete shame. This is one of the reason why the north wants to islamitise Nigeria. Deceit, con, Sex!!! Chei, that is why we are suffering, that is why it seem God has left Nigeria to the devil since we choose that path. There isnt any pastor that is clean in Nigeria. from the adeboyes to the pastor chrises all of dem na bad criminals, even James Ibori is better cos he came straight as the devil. There is nothing as bad as a devil pretending to be an angel.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by bidemi12(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2009
i don de kolo
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by vanitty: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2009
First of all I suppose you have toured all over Nigeria to come to the conclusion that not Some but All Nigerian pastors are shameless?
You will choose islam over christainity because of "shameless pastors" or what?
Please do tell are you in a religion to worship the pastor? Lost soul.
Your attempt to discredit christainity is very embarassing. It is just as stupid and silly as saying you will stop drinking water because in some part of the world water is unsafe
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by lannre(m): 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2009
Follow your hearts, most of us are Hypocrites- how on earth do we worship GOD. especially in Nigeria. The Motivational part is the seed sowing. I read both Bible and the Quran and the reverse is our own way of worship here.We have mixed culture and religion. Islam is Peace, christianity is all about love thy Neighbour as preached by the Prince of Peace. Today we worship the Pastors,the Ulamahs. my pastors said, My Alfa said, and not what the scriptures highlited. Until we all seek first the Kingdom of God. The so call Missioners will continue to exploits. Buy Fela Imam dey Gbaladun, Archbisop dey enjoy, e hard for my people to buy soap. suffer suffer for world amen hypoocrites !what is in our mind when we "worship "
Re: Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless by anonimi: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2009
dinggle:

@Banom,

Thank God for you, I have seen someone who reasons like me. I have also said it, If I had my way I would convert to Islam. Christianity in Nigeria is a complete shame. This is one of the reason why the north wants to islamitise Nigeria. Deceit, con, Sex!!! Chei, that is why we are suffering, that is why it seem God has left Nigeria to the devil since we choose that path. There isnt any pastor that is clean in Nigeria. from the adeboyes to the pastor chrises all of dem na bad criminals, even James Ibori is better cos he came straight as the devil. There is nothing as bad as a devil pretending to be an angel.

so what are you waiting for
why u neva convert till now- abi u dey fear Boko Haram grin
u really don't know what u are talking about- what do u know about both religions?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Is Audio Jesus To Save The World From Corona Virus? / Provoking Blessings!!!!! / Does Godly Dressing Make One Godly?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.