Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,327 members, 7,881,219 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:31 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (19621 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2006
@ hannydarl
PLease give us the scripture to backup your writeup so that we can at least know where we are going on from here with you. Maybe as well you might need to read this topic from the first page to get a clearer view as to the topic and a better understanding too.

May God bless you.
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2006
@olabowale,

If you know, Architecture in a way is a fine art interpretation of Civil Engineering.

I wish you will stop speaking words that are without knowledge. You give the impression that our schools are not doing their jobs when you make statements like this. How can you say that about Architecture and Civil Engineering? Now I am more than convinced that you are not the Engineer you claim to be.

It seems to me that a number of you like your prophet, believe in doing evil that good may abound. You are the second muslim I am catching here that is making up stories about their credentials in order to butress an unsustainable point. First we have one calling himself a Comparative Religion Lecturer (please see Davidyland's definition of this), and now we have one calling himself an Engineer, but can't differentiate between science and engineering, as well as Architecture and Civil Engineering. Please come clean and just tell us you are a trader. There is no shame in it. Your lies can never propagate God's righteousness.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2006
Please come clean and just tell us you are a trader

There's nothing wrong with being a trader, I know lots of traders that are a million times richer than you are!

God Bless!
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2006
@Donzman,

If you had taken the patience to read my post, you would have found out I said this in addition to my statement: There is no shame in it.

And you sure know how to make statements that have no factual antecedent. How can you claim to know many traders who are a million times richer than I am when you have no clue how rich I am.

My beef with this individual is in his attempt to tell us he is what he is unable to prove he is. By his fruits, I am sure he is not an Engineer that he claims to be.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2006
There is no shame in it.

There isn't supposed to be any shame in it. Traders are the backbone of any economy!
Re: Is Jesus God? by gbadex1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2006
^ exactly the point TayoD was trying to make!! What u just said is in agreement with he's!!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Aggressa(m): 12:05am On Dec 27, 2006
olabowale:

@Havila:
(1),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"I limit my education to what interest me". So, your calling me a Jack of all trades, shows that I am getting under your skin.

(2) In your rage, you forgot that I have studied your personality. I only respond to you and people like you when I have the time and to actually be a counterlever for those who might tip over by the majic(?)(I think it is "magic"wink works that you are seducing the weak.

(3) Now, if you think, critically, you will realise that Muhammad (AS), obliterated Blood sacrifice(How??), without a purpose or with delutional hangover, like what you have in christianity. Muslims do not even kill an animal except that the primary purpose for it is food! Allah, The Almighty provides many ways to seek foogiveness and receive the rewards of belief and deeds. The Jews are stuck on work alone, whreeas the christians are stuck on blind faith. Any day, I will take a path that combine belief that is logical as in Oneness of God, with doing good work and seeking forgiveness of sins. (but not repentance or avoiding the sins)

(4) Some of you said that since Emmanuel means God is with us, this makes a person bearing that name to be god. I ask, how many persons "after Jesus" have been named Emmanuel?

(5) ,,,,,,,, So if my washing with water in a way to purify myself and as the water drips off from my body, the mountain of sins that I have committed are melting away like salt (In your Dreams!!!! grin grin grin). This is the great mercy of the Merciful on me and the muslims

@Olabowale,
Response to 1: It is obvious your understanding is also very limited just as you "limit your education to what interests you" (your words); as a result, the width of your comprehension are narrowed to the limited education you pursue. I am not surprised at this for somebody whose best source of information is the TV box. grin
Saying you are a 'jack-of-all-trades' is simply a figurative description of your 'insecure' attempts to talk of medicine, architecture, law etc but it is obvious to all and sundry that you are "a master of none" (i.e Jack of all trades, master of none!) Another engineer is calling you a probable fake,,,,,now that's what a real professional will not tolerate; maybe it is your statements that suggested that to him, that's why it's not good to talk too much smiley!!

Response to 2: Seriously, you do not have the capacity to study anybody's personality! You view of life is very uni-directional; your understanding of faith is confounded; your attitude to another man is dominated my material things,,,in short you are a very simple and transparent person. That is why it is so easy to pick through your post and reveal how illogical it is.

Response to 3: You are indeed like a skipping broken record grin,,,you know the old vinyl players when it skips, it keeps on repeating the same thing over and over again. Since the beginning, you've been saying the same thing over and over about Christianity and Jesus Christ because your understanding does not surpass the various programmes on TV or the seminars in your local masjid. We've presented the scriptural facts to you and various 'jammat's in various dimensions; we approached the ideology of Islam and philosophy of Muhammed from multi-directional manners: historical, archeological, personality, faith & belief system, comparative analysis, etc and we've shown WITH FACTS that Islam is the deceptive work of devil and muhammed is the chief priest. I can see that the information is getting to you; this is why you go on a unidirectional tirades 'against' Jesus too. But you see, you don't have anything to say about our Lord, his philosophy, his teaching, his ministry and lifestyle; what you are saying are just plain comfabulations from your own mind with no basis. grin You remind me of the muslim students when I was in university; always sitting down in front of TV and listening to "Ahmed Didat". It's the same thing you doing even now and repeating the same story of Mr Didat; but we've conducted our research on Islam and muhammed- the apostle of your idolatory- and we are exposing the truth for the world to see and hear his paedophilic exploits, debauchery, officially sanctioned lying, hedonistic lifestyle, and propagation of false salvation like all the other false prophets, etc.

Response to 4: I wont ask you to think "critically" sir, because that will be a difficult request, but I will ask you a simple question in response to your statement about the name Emmanuel. Rather than wonder how many people "after" Jesus have been named Emmanuel, should you not be wondering that nobody "before" Jesus Christ was so named? It is only a simplistic thinking that the names Oluwa this, Oluwa that means the same thing. You see why I said that even the limited knowledge you profess is "uni-directional" sir!! undecided undecided

Response to 5: If you like, live under water or wash your self 1 million times a day; it is written that "there is NO remission of sins without shedding of blood." Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God, his shed blood is constantly atoning for sins and his spirit laid upon the heart of believers is writing the new laws of God in the inward man, thereby keeping you to avoid and convicting you of "mountain of sins". A deceptive lie such as the one you believe is an opportunity for you to continue living in sins, believing that by washing yourself the former sins are passed away, and new ones can come in to be later washed when you bath,  grin grin It is not true, Muhammed is a deceptive person who was not sure of what his god will do to him at the point of death. How can you put your trust in the teaching of such a man? You said sometimes ago that "it is not popular to be a muslim now"!! It has never been popular to be in Islam. A religion founded upon deception and lies; propagated by wickedness; anchored on blind dogma; maintained by intolerance of critique and analysis; sustained by threats of death for 'apostates' can NEVER and will NEVER be popular. Such a religion is ISLAM: it is a work of wickedness, propagated by a dog-like prophet when it comes to sex or women; offering you false salvation by denying the true source of salvation in it's book; but attempts to draw credibility through the life of the true source of Salvation simply to sustain it's confusion. grin cool
Re: Is Jesus God? by kaynoJah(m): 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2006
This Babs787 of a person is obviously an agent of darkness! How can a human being who knows how to get himself registered in a forum like Nairaland be posting a thread as idiotic as this!!

We must ensure that agents like Babs787 are deterred from using Nairaland as forum to perpetrate acts their masters had sent them-suggesting satanism to very 'G'odly people. Babs787 or whatever he claims to answer should go look elsewhere for their 'Damianism' tendencies. For the records, Jesus Christ is God- Olodo!!!! Nonsense.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Reverend(m): 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2006
kayno-Jah:

This Babs787 of a person is obviously an agent of darkness! How can a human being who knows how to get himself registered in a forum like Nairaland be posting a thread as idiotic as this!!

We must ensure that agents like Babs787 are deterred from using Nairaland as forum to perpetrate acts their masters had sent them-suggesting satanism to very 'G'odly people. Babs787 or whatever he claims to answer should go look elsewhere for their 'Damianism' tendencies. For the records, Jesus Christ is God- Olodo!!!! Nonsense.

What the hell right have you got saying that people should be banned from this forum because their opinion is different from your own?

If anybody is to be banned then that should be you. Why dont you just answer the question instead of boring us with your communist dictator attitude and dribble!

If you think for one reason that writing this crap makes you Godly then forget it. Even if God did exist, I am sure that he would not want a biggot like you on his team!
Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2006
Oh Reverend oh Reverend,
A frustrated and castrated idiot that you are.
Still carrying your hate virus and sulking attitude all over the place

Dude, get a life get a job!
Stop wallowing in the vices that devil has bestowed into your hands named the Kinky Cult!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year forgot to tell you all that. wink
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2006
@TayoD: Are you saying that Architecture and Civil Engineering are not related? Do you want a debate on this? Do you know that architecture has a greater convergence with civil than Electrical or Mechanical or Chemical has with Civil?

The Eiffel Tower in Paris for example is studied in Architecture, even though is a Civil Engineering marvel. So are the other structures like the pyramids and many bridges. Just to limit our conversation to the obvious. Structural analysis of Dam is common to both Civil and Architecture. The clearest commonalities are buildings and liveable spaces.

Now, tell me where I am wrong? Are you a Civil Engineer? Are you just writing so that people may believe that you are putting me down? You can't. Its impossible. Pounded Yam and yam are not equal. I am not, by Allah in your category. You need to work for people. Alhamdulillah, people work with and for me. Go and come back correctly. I do not need to impress you. If that was my reason, I will simply write my last name and give you my mother and father blood lines by name. Indeed, both are known all over Nigeria.

I am not the first to be educated. Are you from your family? No wonder you are tripping and thinks others are doing the same. You want to talk about your god, Jesus, who will deny that position you falsify for him, lets talk about it. You want to talk about Civil or architecture, lets open separate forum for it. If you are an engineer, a civil engineer for that matter, you will not challenge my statement about the artistic impression that architecture is, for the most part, in relationship to Civil! Are you going to talk about transportation and highways or it waterways and dams and bridges, that there is no form of architecture in it. Are you aware that even geology is studied in both desciplines and in some schools, even survey!

What you are showing is vitroil in you. It will not work with me though. I did not stowaway or lied my way into America. My family paid good money. I never took a penny from this society.

My being a trader is something I enjoy, because the aboundance of wealth in it. I trade in the first rated banks of the world. I am happy and grateful that Allah has blessed me. I do not have to rely on your pastor and the like of the gimmick that is common within the church people to get mine. I am a slave to the Owner of Honor.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Aggressa(m): 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2006
@Olabowale et 'jammat'
This the second part of my letter to you; and I intend to briefly address the religious state of spiritual ignorance in which you exist and through which you understand things. As reference, I have highlighted a relevant portion of the quote below which is often repeated. No doubt it is from the teachings you've received in the local masjid, as well as from TV/seminars/writings by the likes of deluded Mr Ahmed Didat.

olabowale:

@Havila:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Any day, I will take a path that combine belief that is logical as in Oneness of God, with doing good work and seeking forgiveness of sins. This is different from your blind faith in the death of a person "who could not save himself from the hands of his enemies, even though, he wished the would spare him". Is this person who was told this peril condition before hand and knew the consequence of his mission, yet cried out like a baby good enough to be called a believer in his own mission. Is this what you call your God? Havila, take a second look at such a man and know that such a person can not be trusted.

You've various times refered to the humanity and death of Jesus Christ as indicating His inferiority. This is very similar to the positions of the heretics of the ancient city of Colossae who propagated what appears to be an early form of Gnosticism; some concept of which is indoctrinated into Islam. That Jesus is God and that the Gospel is true is not in any doubt: the universal spread and effectiveness of the gospel verify that assertion; and it is bearing fruit in the lives of those who choose to embrace the faith in Him.
However, to help your understanding: I wish to show that the life and especially the death of Jesus Christ points to His superiority; this is because His death is the divine means of achieving reconciliation to God. Reconciliation as used here means the "act whereby God, through Christ's atonement, brings men who are at odds with Him through sin, back into a peaceful, proper relationship with Himself." His death brings human sin under judgement, and his ressurection shows victory over sin and acceptance of the sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. This is the concept of Atonement. The ultimate purpose of this spritual reconciliation is to usher the believer into the presence of God; not just the futuristic presence of God in heaven but right from here on earth through the spirit of God that dwells in the heart of the believer. This is the mystery: "Christ in you, the hope of Glory" i.e that Christ's life, character, virtues, values, thoughts, attitudes etc are present in the life of a believer through the indwelling Spirit of God is certanity that he/she is headed towards glory (heaven).
This is a product of seeking divine wisdom that gives accurate perception into the true nature of the Living God made flesh. Such wisdom gives true spiritual understanding; such wisdom is what we are inviting you into. That is called living in Light!!
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2006
@olabowale,

@TayoD: Are you saying that Architecture and Civil Engineering are not related? Do you want a debate on this? Do you know that architecture has a greater convergence with civil than Electrical or Mechanical or Chemical has with Civil?

The Eiffel Tower in Paris for example is studied in Architecture, even though is a Civil Engineering marvel. So are the other structures like the pyramids and many bridges. Just to limit our conversation to the obvious. Structural analysis of Dam is common to both Civil and Architecture. The clearest commonalities are buildings and liveable spaces.

You are obviosuly suffering from half-knowledge backed up with arrogance. Did you read everything you said before about science, engineering and now architecture? Can you sustain such wrong statements academically? I think not! To save face, you are now trying to relate other disciplines with the issue at hand, and you have ended up messing it up as usual.

You need to go back to school to understand that your statement above is a totally fallacy. Civil Engineering and Architecture will not survive without Mechanical Engineering. Civil Engineering and Architecture are expressed through materials whose limitations and properties are determined in mechanics. So therefore, no mechanics, no civil engineering and no architecture. Get it?

When you say:
If you know, Architecture in a way is a fine art interpretation of Civil Engineering.
Please tell us how Architecture "fine-artfully" interpretes the job of a Geotechnical Engineer involved in pile driving.

As I said, your problem is half-knowledge and I can only refer you back to the T.v. to acquire some more information.
Re: Is Jesus God? by hannydarl(f): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2006
mrpataki, you can check out these sriptures if you have the time to MAT 11:25, 24:36, MRK13:32, JHN5:19, 30,6:38, MRK16:19, 13:32. I hope you get some vital information about the lord jesus christ who was God sent to the world and not God himself and if i may add it will do us all some good if you stoped calling poeple names. the fact remains that since jesus is one with God just as we are in him means that jesus can do all things through the power of God who has made him his begotten son.We as christians can find favour in Gods eyes and recieve the power to do exploits probably it may seem like whoever sees us has seen God but it dosent make us Gods just as jesus represents God but is not Godhimself on earth the bible makes it clear that jesus never for once claimed to be the supreme God but rather the jews made the story about him being God because by saying he is Gods son in their customs makes him equal to God just as a mans first son can act as the head of the house in his faters absence in whatever way he feels like.jesus was acting on Gods behalf while on earth there is one greater than jesus who makes the decission on what happens when and how and jesus is under the fathers authourity.
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2006
Hannydarl-ing,

That is a very strange doctrine that you are propagating. Perhaps you will need to balance those scriptures with John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

What about Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Lest I forget, John 20:28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

And hear the testimony of the Father in Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Your problem is that you have completely held on to the humanity of Jesus while neglecting His divinity. Indeed, the mystical figure we call Jesus Christ is 100% God and 100% man. This is what is known in the spiritual circles as the hypostatic union. You will hear Him refer to Himself in the Gospels either as the Son of Man or the Son of God (humanity and deity).

As the Son of Man he declares: "I thirst", as the Son of God He says: "I am that bread of life". As the Son of Man He died for the sins of the world, and as the Son of God He declares: "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."  In other words, though He dies in His humanity, He remains alive in His deity and will raise up his humanity Himself.  I can only declare: O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! - Romans 11:33
Re: Is Jesus God? by Fimmy(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2006
HOW CAN JESUS BE GOD?
ITS VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD TO SAY THAT
PLS LETS BE REALISTIC.JESUS WAS CREATED BY SOMEONE
Re: Is Jesus God? by Ndipe(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2006
No, Jesus Christ is NOT a created Being. He has always been in existence with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Reverend(m): 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2006
The character of Jesus was founded on the basis of Horus the Egptian God of the Sky. The story of Jesus were embellishments, copied from legends surrounding Horus.

The Jesus story in the Bible is a recycled version of the Horus story.

Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2006
@TayoD: From your request that I reconcile architecture with civil engineering, for your benefit, my question to you is this, do you know anything about Architecture? If your answer is no, then go and ask those who are currently practicing in either fields. They will tell you. In the building of bridges, there are needs for architects. If you read books on history of architecture, you will see a lot of engineeering, specifically 'civil engineering' marvels. If your knowledge is civil, then lets open a thread and discuss. Otherwise, I have no need to discuss architecture and civil engineering at the same time with you. Inshort, if you do not take this challenge up with me, then, there will not be any of your entries that I will consider worth while.

I will at least, get involved in refresher studies after these many decades. I do not have to safe face, since we do not know each other and I am not beholding to you. I will like to ask you this question though, are you not aware that architecture has a greater commonality with civil, than any other branch of engineering has with civil? Are you familiar than in both architecture and civil, they study engineering mechanics, strength of materials, concrete, hydrolics and in architecture building equipments and then in both structural analysis.
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2006
@olabowale,

Your submissions only shows that you have limited civil engineering to superstructures which may or may not have architectural inputs.

Let's go back to your first statement:
If we are to relate Civil Engineering and Architecture, then we will begin from Architecture before going to Civil Engineering and not the other way round as you have done. How can Architecture interprete Civil Engineering when in almost all cases, Architectural work precedes any Civil Engineering work. Infact, the right term is Sructural Engineering as against Civil Engineering. Civil Engineering is a huge field!

I've worked in many companies as a Structural Enginner, and I have only had to work closely with Architects in one of them. I have theoretical and practical knowledge of Architecture and other fields of Engineering which I'm sure you know nothing about. I would have gisted you more on the various things that a Civil Engineer does which does not invlove Architecture but I am not responsible for your education.  Opening up a thread to discuss this issue would have been the right thing to do if only you appear learned enough, but you aren't.  I will not waste my time with you.

I would have taken you more seriously if you will at least acknowledge your earlier submissions are out of line, but your pride and family status, which means jack to me has obviously got in the way. I leave you to continually dazzle the ignorants around you whom you may have succeeded in feeding with bullshits while appearing learned and important in your own eyes.

These off-topic discussions just tells me your ignorance of this topic is matched by same of the forum discussion. You know half-truths which you run away with without considering the full picture. No wonder you are stuck with Jesus' humanity while ignoring His deity.
Re: Is Jesus God? by afrika(f): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2006
u know better, last time it was the islamic threat, this time it would be the CHRISTIAN Jhad, becare BO
Re: Is Jesus God? by omot208(f): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2006
No one says Jesus isnt a God, one of his names is Mighty God.

what we're saying is he's not the Almighty God.

there is a bible verse that says: The LORD said to my Lord; sit thou at my right hand until i make thy enemies thy footstool.[/b]This was when Jesus got back to heaven after his earthly mission.

some Bibles use LORD for Jehovah and Lord for Jesus. don't u think there's a reason for this? all the times Jesus said My Father is greater than I[b]
indicate that there is a hierarchical order in heaven with Jehovah at the top, Jesus following and so on.

For goodness sake, they have different names, how can they both be one physically be open minded and not brainwashed. look at all the indications and be educated.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Backslider(m): 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2006
hello OmoT28

please dont be confused! He is Equal with God Yes there are three HOLY GHOST , SON OF GOD, GOD THE FATHER. this three are equal and they love themselves and hence they coexist in this triuness before there was the creation of time.

Jesus said he is Greater than I. Yes that is true I will explain. In The Love Relationship of God there is no Great, Remember that Jesus said he who believe on him will do greater things? but Jesus as a human was talking as said that God was greater.

In The Beginning Jesus was called the voice of God.

Let me Quote the bible Gen 1

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This is the holy Ghost.

Notice again here it say the plurality Of The GOD HEAD
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

If you noticed that in verse It said "Let them have Dominion, but Adam was created and not Eve ( atleast not Physically) this is the SPIRITUAL LANGUAGE OF THE BIBLE ONLY GOD CAN TEACH YOU AND YOU MUST DO SO IN SILENCE.

Now Listen to this where Jesus came
Gen 3 v
8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

The Voice was walking you noticed.

Jesus is the one that has revealed the father in full and this is the mystery of God . It is wonderful to know of this.
Re: Is Jesus God? by hannydarl(f): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2006
Dear tayod thanks for the enlightenment but you see no man can convince me that jehovah himself personally left heaven and came to earth in human form as jesus. the fact that the bible says we are little gods dosent make us some small dieties to be worshiped. Its a pity that i am in serbia and montenegro right now and i cant get an english bible cos i left mine hinking it would be easy to find an english/serbian bible i would have checked for a better scripture to back my claim but for one who reads the bible and understands even if he cant say excactly where it is written will remember that jesus befor he left this earth said he does not know when this world will come to an end only jehovah knows that and can decide it too he never claimed to be God he said he was the son of God and as sent to bring us good news about remission and forgiveness of sins through him he said no one comes to the father except they first acknowlege him as the son of God who died that if they believe in him their sins willl be forgiven.He never declared himself for once in the bible that he was Jehovah God who left his throne to die for our sins.there is hierachy in heaven.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Backslider(m): 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2006
@darl
Yes Jesus as a Human being could not know as a human being he left heaven to be human and not to give them the Expo as if that is why we live.

If you asked Jesus what was not revealed to him by God The father he would not be able to answer you. He did not come with all his power and might that is why he could not answer some of the question because of his love he would have told us.

He love us and The father knew if He had all the information he will tell us. He was man and God There is only one man in The language of the bible that could use the tag I AM

They asked Jesus when they world will end I remember he said when Ye see the Holy city surrounded know that the end is nigh. This is the time we live now.
Re: Is Jesus God? by hannydarl(f): 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2006
Dear backslider you cant prove that it was jesus walking in the garden or God himself the fact that God said to the other beigns with him makes us to realise that he may be talking to jesus, the holy spirit and the angels who are in heaven with him. jeus is the son of God with the powers of God
Re: Is Jesus God? by Backslider(m): 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2006
i will ask you why the Jews wanted to stone him ? This is an evidence for you.
Re: Is Jesus God? by hannydarl(f): 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2006
Dear backslider jesus will tell us if he was God he made it clear when people asked him to perform a miracle to prove he was the son of God he told them openly that they will get none jesus also told us that he did not come to breake or change the law but to add some new things to it he would have said I WONT TELL YOU WHEN I WILL RETURN BECAUSE I DONT WANT YOU TO REPENT ONLY AT THAT TIME. he was not afraid to say his mind. you say jesus did not anserw some quetions because he left the God form and came as man but i assure you that while on earth jesus still had the power as the son of God to make things happen through God the father.Jesus knew only the things his father revealedd to him and wants him to tell mankind.heaven was not left vaccant because God left and came to earth in man form.Jesus never said he was the I AM THAT I AM he only said he was the way the truth and life these are spiritual he was the way because God gave him that exallted position when he accepted to die so if we mut believe God as christians we have to believe that jeus was his son not that jesus was him like john the baptist made way for jeus on earth so is jesus the way to God in heaven. many churches these days preach that jeus is God so is the holly spirit. but i believe that jehovah God takes no order from any God head where as jesus and the holyspirit were subject to a greater personality.
Re: Is Jesus God? by hannydarl(f): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2006
The jews wanted to stone him because he claimed to be the son of God they believed that God does not have sex he has no wife and so cannot have a son it was blasphemy to them to say one is a child of God even we would have been at risk to openly say we are children of God as this gives us the right to say we are Gods as a lion can only give birth to a lion.they feel they are servants of God and not his children the jews in those days call themselves servants or handmaids not behold you son but behold your servant listteneth what have thou to say to him.
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2006
Hannydarling,

Hope you don't mind me calling you that.  As long as you are on the internet, why don't you search out http://bible.crosswalk.com/. I'm sure the online Bible and other resources can help you.

If you read what I said clearly, then you will understand why Jesus sometimes appear to be no more than a man, and why sometimes He appears to be God. This is so becuase He is both. Until the virgin birth, He was without the human body and that is why we are told in Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me
Going by the revelation of John that I shared with you earlier, we see that it is actually the same God who became flesh John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Now going further into the depths of the Word, we realise that there is a difference in the way that Jesus shared humanity with the rest of us. We will find that information in Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
The words 'partakers' and 'took part' are two different Greek words that convey a totally differnet meaning to each other. I will explain this as we go on. In the mean time, you can try and study this also as we go.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Backslider(m): 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2006
in the begining the was the word and the ,

Please read John Chapter 1 verse 1- 10

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Re: Is Jesus God? by goodguy(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2006
Hannydarl, you can also check http://www.bibleontheweb.com. I prefer that one, actually. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / David Oyedepo Celebrates 34th Wedding Anniversary With Wife, Faith / The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.