Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,788 members, 7,918,505 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:07 AM

Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** (684 Views)

Video Of Abacha's Speech After Shonekan's Resignation Shared By Gumsu Abacha / $550million Abacha Loot: Mr Nnaka, US-based Lawyer Insists On 40% As Legal Fees / The Last Outing Of Abacha With Yasir Arafat - In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** by printercry: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
…AGF says Nnaka Godson has no mandate to work for Nigeria By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor The Nigerian Government on Thursday disowned a U.S-based Nigerian lawyer, who is laying claim to 40 percent of the $550 million (N218.3 billion) of the Abacha loot, which the United States Government is about to return to Nigeria. Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, in a 44-page document made available to Vanguard on Thursday, described Nnaka as a man trying to reap from where he did not sow. Malami said the Nigerian Government would not pay Nnaka the huge amount he is asking for since he is not qualified to practise law in the Maryland area where the case is taking place and did not recover any money for the country 14 years after the former Attorney General of the Federation, Olujimi, gave him a provisional letter to help locate and recover the Abacha loot. The court has also held that since the temporary letter given to Nnaka by Olujimi was not revalidated by Mohammed Adoke when the forfeiture case resumed in 2013, the lawyer could therefore not claim to be representing Nigeria. But Nnaka has appealed against the ruling and threatened to sue Malami for saying that he was not qualified to represent Nigeria and was not entitled to 40 percent of the Abacha loot. The litany of cases filed by Nnaka and the appeal by the USDOJ in conjunction with Nigeria, are said to be delaying the repatriation of the huge cash to Nigeria.

READ DETAILS HERE>>>>http://www.realnewsmax.ml/2016/09/breaking-news-fg-disowns-us-based.html
Re: Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** by LabiaMajoraDest(m): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
Lol....baba wan sharperly claim him share
Re: Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** by PaulIdu: 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
40 percent? That lawyer must be both mad and greedy ..was it his blood that was used to make the money?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** by Greenback: 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
What are they disowning,and which loot are they talking about? Shebi the dogharious new sheriffat in town said abacha never stole a dime?!
Zombie nation.
Re: Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** by Chubhie: 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
In this Buhari time the lawyer wants 40%
Re: Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** by eddyroyal(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
I thought Abacha never stole a dime. Mtsheeeew.....Fighting corruption indeed!!!.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** by hamilton62(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
Chubhie:
In this Buhari time the lawyer wants 40%
there's always percentage given to any lawyer who discovers loot that's his/her payment.
Was there no agreement before he was employed because to me i feel someone is trying to play a fast one her and it is likely to be the fed because they are extremely anxious now for finance.
Did i read 14yrs!
If it be him who did the work no matte the amount he is worth it....
Before you quote me, do you know how much he has spent both in finance and time for 14yrs if only he's the one who let the cat off the bag, you, you, be sincere if it were you or your sibling will you negate his demand?
Re: Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot**** by Chubhie: 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2016
hamilton62:

there's always percentage given to any lawyer who discovers loot that's his/her payment.
Was there no agreement before he was employed because to me i feel someone is trying to play a fast one her and it is likely to be the fed because they are extremely anxious now for finance.
Did i read 14yrs!
If it be him who did the work no matte the amount he is worth it....
Before you quote me, do you know how much he has spent both in finance and time for 14yrs if only he's the one who let the cat off the bag, you, you, be sincere if it were you or your sibling will you negate his demand?
She deserves to be compensated.but,demanding 40% is preposterous.

(1) (Reply)

Ize-iyamu To Supporters: I Am Waiting For Victory Songs On Sunday / Fg To Withdraw 20 Per Cent Equity In Lekki Free Trade Zone / Africa & Nigeria's Place In The World By The Year 2050 & GDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.