Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,881 members, 7,966,301 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:09 PM

Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain (17258 Views)

Rivers Apc Crisis: Apc Youths Shun Meeting With Ameachi / Delta APC Crisis: APC Secretarial, Asaba Locked With 'juju'? (Photos) / Flash News: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - Apc Chieftain (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by damola311: 10:53am On Sep 02, 2016
No need to say that... it's visible to the blind

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by 9jatatafo(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2016
Crystal clear and glaring truth

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by cnwokike(m): 10:54am On Sep 02, 2016
sai Ba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by oluwasegun007(m): 10:56am On Sep 02, 2016
We are aware, that's why we are waiting for #2019

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by 9jatatafo(m): 10:57am On Sep 02, 2016
Glaring and crystal clear truth

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2016
cheesy

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by anonimi: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2016
Their broom don scatter finish be that.
Hatred for Jonathan that united them is no longer there so............

[img]http://3.bp..com/-FAV45XhqFG4/VJrt8KfvZaI/AAAAAAAANeE/KmDkF3yT00c/s1600/nigerian%2Bpolitical%2Bparties.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2938131_img20151008115017_jpegda469a94c9fd77807838733617689646

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by smogup: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2016
Buhari is a chronic failure

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by anonimi: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2016
grin

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by Reference(m): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2016
....BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE TO CHALLENGE HIM.... This is the summary of democracy and Bill Clinton said it aptly, 'we donot need strong men but strong institutions'. Everything wrong today boils down to these. Overbearing individuals working with weak institutions. Legislature - weak and corrupt, Judiciary - weak and discordant, ruling party - weak and divisive. The Executive has no support. Even God Almighty has the Word and the Holy Spirit and they act as One. Nobody, no matter how highly or heavenly placed can know it and do it all. The more you shut up others the greater your tendency will be to fail. If a pilot turns off all his instruments and sirens, claxons, warning lights and ignores his checklist thinking with his experience and competence he can get from point A to B then he will know that day, that the world is not the same every morning and will wish the sun never rose that day. That is why we say the worst true democracy is better than the best pure dictatorship

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:02am On Sep 02, 2016
#bringbackOBJnow
Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by tunary(m): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2016
Ibunma:
I could remember then when GEJ reduced the pump price of fuel frm #97 to 87, APC and their deluded zombies said it should be #45, but under them fuel is now #145.

E no go better for all APC families & apologies
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 02, 2016
grin cheesy

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2016

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:05am On Sep 02, 2016
Its Ironic.

In the last 16 years, each time a new president assumes office, Nigerians end up wishing for the last one.

I wonder what the next president would be like.

Everyone said Jonathan was clueless, now Baba is there we are all wishing we were still under Jonathan.

When the next president comes would we be like the Isrealites who wished they were still in Egypt?
Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by tunary(m): 11:06am On Sep 02, 2016
cliquevibes:
One shuld nt insult an elder buh u see BUHARI, d way am shouting ur name"BUHARI" as am typing, if u dnt want hailstone mixed with hurricane coupled with earthquake to overshadow ur life there, better take ngeria back to the way u saw it and gladly evaporate 4rm dat seat...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha u are very funny

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by ZUBY77(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2016
We know that already. When you put your tribesmen to head every department, how do you know the problems of others?

How does a woman who has no river in her state be the head of ports authority and you expect positive results?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by IBBG(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2016
it obvious u can't perform above what u're capable of. mr president has exhausted his capacity. he can't do more than what is on ground cos that is how far he knows. who says education is not important. you can now see the stark difference with being educated. even paul the apostle was considered the more influential of all the apostles even when he was not part of the original 12 disciples and never witness first hand jesus's teachings like the original disciples, but becos he was educated he wrote highest books of the new testament bible. we can't afford in this nation to have a president who is not well learneth in this 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by otabuko(m): 11:11am On Sep 02, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
Like someone said ds morning otabuko(m): 6:13am
Bubu has no plans for Nigeria, he just wanted to be president
Lol, that was just His dream, how can we have some young intelligent individuals for the office , and we chose Buhari of all people, without ordinary Waec..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 02, 2016
cool

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by tunary(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2016
This is just d beginning, una never see anything. during d time of election them no wan let person hear word, any small tin sia baba sia baba. Look at it now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by michoim(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2016
Enemy within APC. Because you failed in your APC gubernatorial ambition...
Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by DONSMITH123(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2016
Good Morning To All Nigerians, You Get Exactly What You Deserve!
Hmmm... Nigeria is indeed a strange place to be! This is a country where nothing is working... education does not work, power does not work, healthcare does not work, infrastructure does not work, security does not work, the system is practically broken down, and yet we still smugly carry ourselves about as though everything is fine and ok. If you tell a Nigerian that his country is poor, he would deride you and shout down on you, meanwhile he does not even know where his next meal is coming from. This is a place where people suffer and smile, a place where self-deceit and self-delusion flourish and arrogant ignorance reign supreme. Our system is not the only thing that has broken down, our conscience, our consciousness, and all our societal values have also gone down with it. I want to state it here and now that I have no sympathy for Nigerians, we get exactly what we deserve.
For the past 36 hours, I've received several messages from friends and foes alike, reminding me that Nigeria is in a recession and I have said nothing about it. And the question I ask is, since when did these people started noticing that Nigeria is in a recession? Was it in the first month of Buhari's reign, or his first 100 days in office, or his one year in office, or was it yesterday when the minister of finance announced it officially? Was Nigeria in recession in April 2015 when 27 states were unable to pay salary, with some of them owing for as much as 9 months? Was Nigeria in recession when we were borrowing money to survive and the economy was giving Okonjo Iweala and her team a high BP? was Nigeria in recession when 23 Million Nigerians were unemployed, 60 million behind poverty line, inflation rate 7%, foreign reserves depleted to $27 Billion with another $6 billion as pending request? Excess crude account was depleted to just $2.4 billion, we had debt profile of about N10 trillion, and over N400 billion owed to oil marketers. Why did Nigerians not scream then, why did we not show our outrage and protest that enough is enough then? Could it be because we're a docile society of people without any soul, without a will, and without a way? Like I said before, we deserve exactly what we get.
Helloooo Nigerians! Good morning to all of you. It appears as though some of you just woke this morning but quite frankly, a number of you are still sleeping, you're somnambulising. And that is why I want to break it to you that Nigeria is not only in recession but had been in depression since god-knows-when. If you put 1999 date to it, you won't be wrong... if you say in 2010 after Jonathan took over, you will be even more correct... Whatever you say, we've always been in depression and that is why we're Nigeria, a place where nothing works.
In the past 16 years, the past 6 years, oil price increased to an unprecedented level, and whatever growth in GDP we thought we recorded then was merely a cosmetic growth reflective of that high oil price. If you removed the high price of crude, you would have a streak of negative GDP growth as we have not been producing anything. We are a consumer economy, we have been living on oil money and using it to paper over the cracks. We should've invested in production in the knowledge that the high oil price would eventually come to an end, but we decided to increase wages and cost of running governance, we increased our spending habit and now that oil price has fallen, we can no longer sustain it because cashflow has dropped drastically.
What is happening in Nigeria today is akin to what happened in the global economic crises of 2008, when people took loan to invest in the US House Market and when the price of houses fell, their whole investment went down with it. At least those people were trying to invest in something, our own is worse because we were just increasing our spending habit without any form of production. No business is sustainable that depends on artificial money.
When a country spends without producing, where then are the products they spend on coming from? We import them... Brazilian hair, tissue paper, even tooth-pick... We import them. The unprecedented earnings from oil would've helped to grow our foreign reserves but because we refused to do that, our huge spending habit is now a heavy pressure on the reserve, so much so that Nigeria would collapsed in the next 2 years if we continue at our current rate of importation. This is why Buhari is placing ban on many things including food items. Anyone who truly have an understanding of these things will know that we're in a deep shit, and that the symptoms of our bad habit will only get worse. This is why Father Mbaka said recently that things will get worse; Soludo says we will have to spend about N19 trillion to come out of recession, a money we don't even have.
This is a problem that most of us have known for a long time now. When Buhari was running for the presidency, he said, "How can Nigeria be importing virtually everything? How can we be importing even tomatoes? If I am elected, basic items like rice and tomatoes, which we have the capacity to
produce, will be banned from being imported". And I ask again, where were all these noise makers then?
They say, oh, Buhari should wait until we're able to produce enough food items before he place any ban on them? But they forget that we spend about N1.5 trillion every year on the importation of food alone. Yet Buhari has not banned all food items, he simply has just placed restriction on the importation of rice that we can produce at home. Nigeria eats about 6 million metric tonnes of rice a year, and by 2018, we will be able to be self-sufficient in it if local production continues at the current pace. What the president has done is to create a need for us to go into production, to force individuals and government to see the need to invest in food and push us back to agriculture where we were before we discovered oil. Those who are wise have started going back to agriculture, Kebbi State will produce 1 million metric tonnes of rice this year, the country will attain self-sufficiency in tomato paste this year.
Nigeria, before the oil, was a country where the South produced palm oil, the west produced cocoa, and the north produced groundnut and cotton. It was a balanced country where everybody was hard-working and contributing to the country until we discovered oil and got lazy. Buhari is now taking us back to that era where every region can contribute to the nation's economy. That is why the central bank is encouraging massive agricultural revolution in the south-east, the government is intensifying discovery of oil and other mineral resources in the north, the west is getting industrialised. We saw the launching of a new Agricultural City, the Integrated Produce City, recently in Edo State. This shows that individuals are beginning to key into Buhari's vision. The president realised that without economic stability, most of our problems will continue, and without suffering ourselves to attain such stability, we would get lazy again and go back to the mess he's trying to lift us from. But because we're a nation of people that are mentally lazy, that prefers to cry about problems than talk about solutions, we have refused to invent and innovate. We would rather wail about Buhari and moan about the effect of the mess he's trying to lift us from. We get exactly what we deserve.
I hear that Buhari has gone to borrow some foreign money to help ameliorate the gnashing of teeth of lazy Nigerians. But if I were the president, I would not do that. We must learn to kill our culture of easy money and easy life, even in the western world, nothing comes easy, people work very hard to get a living. But Nigeria is the way it is today because our forefathers refused to work hard, even when they thought they were working hard, they did so without a vision, without foresight. Any child would suffer that his parents did not work hard, and until the child endures suffering, his own children would suffer too. If Nigeria must realise its full potentials, then we must take advantage of our current economic crises to reposition ourselves as a great nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by lailo: 11:41am On Sep 02, 2016
And u called him APC chieftain?Former anyway,now PDP.
Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by DonBenny77(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2016
Dagaya:
We warned them, they refused
We told them he had no certificate, they said he should present Nepa bill
We reminded them of the hardship related with his time as head of state, they said he has changed
He promised us change, We did not ask if it was positive or negative change
No we are experiencing real change.
Give it up for the most confused and clueless government of all time

Since i was born and now i am getting old, i have never seen a more confused, directionless and clueless leader like buhari.
Brothers have you seen?
Sisters have you seen?

No no no no
since i was born i have never seen

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by Reference(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2016
EMIOMOADEOYE:
Its Ironic.

In the last 16 years, each time a new president assumes office, Nigerians end up wishing for the last one.

I wonder what the next president would be like.

Everyone said Jonathan was clueless, now Baba is there we are all wishing we were still under Jonathan.

When the next president comes would we be like the Isrealites who wished they were still in Egypt?

The problem is not with the individual leaders but the system that keeps on churning them out. The game that only unwilling, unable players always seem to participate in and win. It is the game that needs changing. Change the game to basketball and dwarfs will not be interested. Change the game to chess and ignoramuses will bail out. Change the game to mixed martial arts and cowards wil flee. We get what we permit and the leaders we elect are a reflection of who we are. If we elect corrupt ones it js because we are corrupt. If we elect strong men it is becuase we are weak and lazy. If we elect jesters it is because we are unserious as a nation. I warned sometime before that the expectations being put on Buhari was inconsiderate judging by the TRUTH of what bedevils this country. All shouted corruption. Corruption is now gone, abi. Does it in itself make a country, Nigeria better, no.

There are fundamental issues bedevilling this country that are beyond even knowledgeable leadership but are in the hands of the people and their collective will to solve them. But when the people decide to exchange their responsibility for false hopes, this is what you get. This is why I consider the Presidency of Jonathan the best I have seen so far in the history of Nigeria. HE EXPOSED NIGERIA TO NIGERIANS for what it is. Not bread and fish, but the reality of the union called Nigeria, a realiity that all previous leaders and the present one has tried to shield and mask from the people. We have been living a lie since independence and it is now reflected in our pockets today.

If oil prices had remained at 100 dollars we will never have considered independence popularly called diversification today. Jonathan created the perfect scenario for this consideration to happen and capped it off with a conference at the end of his tenure Resisted then but is looking beautiful today and may be imperative tomorrow as perhaps the only way we will be able to survive. Did this government have 'diversification' as an central pre-election agenda, no. Because it is an establishment one, determined to maintain the status quo of a failed system of operating Nigeria, focusing only on bread and fish economic modelling. I said it that time. That governance is more than building roads and buying books in school but it involves taking the hard, hard decisions that guarantees the future viability of the nation and its people.

The current model Nigeria operates is not sustainable. I know, we know, that if oil goes north of 60 dollars and a few more roads are constructed and salaries paid on time, the government will be relieved, the people will be happy and re-election is sure.... but can we in the light of what we have all witnessed truly say that we have moved forward or just lost another glorious opportunity to truly develop.

DO YOU WISH AS A NIGERIAN FOR THINGS TO GET 'BETTER' OR FOR THINGS TO BE DONE PROPERLY, i.e for NIGERIA to get better. There is difference.
Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by olipo: 11:53am On Sep 02, 2016
when been a party chieftain is no longer a money spinning job ie if I could call it that..you want make we believe say you like Nigeria thief.
Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by Observant: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2016
Nigerians or do I rather say foolish people voted against history because they couldn't read a book.

Black people and stupidity are equally yoked.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by toidflex(m): 11:55am On Sep 02, 2016
Ibunma:
I could remember then when GEJ reduced the pump price of fuel frm #97 to 87, APC and their deluded zombies said it should be #45, but under them fuel is now #145.

E no go better for all APC families & apologies
u are buying fuel 4 #145 now are u not happy?after edo election u will but 4 #220 dat is d plan,
Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by watchindelta(m): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
hahahaha nigeria ummmm strange place
Re: Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain by chrisie: 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
Dagaya:
We warned them, they refused
We told them he had no certificate, they said he should present Nepa bill
We reminded them of the hardship related with his time as head of state, they said he has changed
He promised us change, We did not ask if it was positive or negative change
No we are experiencing real change.
Give it up for the most confused and clueless government of all time

Since i was born and now i am getting old, i have never seen a more confused, directionless and clueless leader like buhari.
Brothers have you seen?
Sisters have you seen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ortom Mourns Priests And Parishioners Killed In Benue Attack (Graphic P / Ibrahim Tanko Warns That Disobeying Court Orders Will Attract Grave Consequences / Atiku's Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi To Contest For House Of Reps Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.