Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,344 members, 7,910,765 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 04:13 PM

Re: Thisday Newspaper "I Am The Owner Of Ile-ife; I Can Rule From My Palace.." - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Re: Thisday Newspaper "I Am The Owner Of Ile-ife; I Can Rule From My Palace.." (582 Views)

OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself / Apply: Ooni’s Scholarship Award For Student Of Ile-ife Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Thisday Newspaper "I Am The Owner Of Ile-ife; I Can Rule From My Palace.." by dejavumag(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
THISDAY Newspaper published an interview conducted on the book authored by the king himself in a publication dated August 27, 2016. Featured on 'THIS DAY PLUS'on pages 18 and 19 and titled it with a quote made by Oba Akinruntan which says; "I Am the Owner of Ile-Ife; I Can Rule Ife from My Palace if Allowed". This statement was made by following the history he was able to evidently narrate in several literature references and in traditional views.

With the presence of EkimogunMirror.com at the press conference, several points were made by the king to buttress the fact that the Olugbo's throne is the oldest throne in the Yoruba kingdom. Contrary to how the publication of THISDAY newspaper might sound in the light of the Olugbo appealing to rule Ile-Ife, Obamakin Osangangan was the paramount ruler of Ile-Ife before Oduduwa came from Mecca and the palace where Obamakin ruled Ile-Ife from still remains and still being referred to as'Ile-Ugbo' and the community is called Ile-Ero at Okeremo in Ile-Ife till today.

Read the rest of the story here on www.ekimogunmirror.com

Re: Re: Thisday Newspaper "I Am The Owner Of Ile-ife; I Can Rule From My Palace.." by bosschinalu(m): 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
who is this one
Re: Re: Thisday Newspaper "I Am The Owner Of Ile-ife; I Can Rule From My Palace.." by babyfaceafrica: 7:30am On Sep 02, 2016
Smh

(1) (Reply)

Project Topics And Materials In Islamic Religious Studies Education / ABU ZARIA Admission List Is Out / A Critical Examination Of Existentialism - Term Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.