Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,404 members, 7,908,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 09:06 PM

Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic (30352 Views)

Lady Drives Keke In Bayelsa To Sponsor Herself Through School. Photos / Lady Who Sold Noodles & Egg To Sponsor Herself Through University. PICS / WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by Kirinwa: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
post=49013842]Which type of "akamu", the same type everybody dey drink? They should just say "she worked hard and put herself through school". Do you know how much "akamu" you have to sell to afford university education in Nigeria? No need for the excess exaggeration abeg! angry angry YES AM A CYNIC!!! sad angry[/quote]

Are you saying she sold breast milk in addition to akamu that was being said

Anyway for me am not a Cynic and I wish to believe cos there are busy areas that can make you money irrespective of what you sold. Besides consumables attract much customers these days.
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by godpunishthedev(f): 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
GidiParrot:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-lzexFFz2tkI/V8mCWSwh5fI/AAAAAAAAZjk/pMGgkDN-Mfw7GP4jJtzZq9PDZjybIj-SQCLcB/s400/Ebere-Nwabuike-lasgidionline.jpg[/img]
Today on Lasgidi Online, we will be celebrating a Nigerian entrepreneur who survived and sponsored herself through the university by selling local pap popularly called akamu.

According to Onyinye Okoye, who shared her photo on Facebook said Ebere Nwabuike is a a graduate of Agric economics from University of Agriculture Makurdi and was able to put herself through school from the proceeds she made selling akamu. A trade she inherited from her mother.

We are sharing this story to inspire others out there to go and start something.

Stop lazying about, that little business you are seeing can change your life forever.

We celebrate you Ebere Nwabuike....the sky is your starting point.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/09/meet-nigerian-graduate-who-sponsored.html

Nice biz, my mum does this as well, now I am a graduate.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by FreeBoss: 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
can this be the full story? may be, may not.
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kudos to you jere, meanwhile some useless bitches are out there looking to spend money their father did not have, seat and ride a care their parent couldn't afford and they end up being used as money ritual. Kudos to u once again.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by GirlAfrik(f): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
adren:
she will need to sell that akamu 5 hours in a day everyday for one year to be able to afford FUTO's school fees that is one of the cheapest in naija..

and girls have needs..

i don't agree.. either she has a benefactor or a sugar daddy somewhere.. there is something the media is not telling us
Bad way of reasoning. bad mentality. I bet if she were to be a guy, u wouldn't reason this way
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by adren(m): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
GirlAfrik:
Bad way of reasoning. bad mentality. I bet if she were to be a guy, u wouldn't reason this way

your fada..

quote me only when your skin turns to yellow and your eye balls ceases to look like that of a winch
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by willibounce1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
GidiParrot:

you think its not possible? i have one who sells plantain to sponsor herself upto HND now...so its possible.

Keep quiet. It is not possible. You people exaggerate everything
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by Kazrem(m): 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
Well done. No excuse.
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by 9japrof(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ojestas:
God bless the hustle and crown her with 200k job grin

a 200k job under this economy might not actually do much, my own prayers for her is for her to start up the next big thing that would fetch her all the mills and bills she can get.

I admire her courage .....
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by sheunsheun(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
She should brace up, cuz she will sell alot of akamu after graduating.
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by mikolo80: 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
soberdrunk:
Which type of "akamu", the same type everybody dey drink? They should just say "she worked hard and put herself through school". Do you know how much "akamu" you have to sell to afford university education in Nigeria? No need for the excess exaggeration abeg! angry angry YES AM A CYNIC!!! sad angry
do you know how much these road side sellers make. De dia de find white collar job, no enter tarmac hammer
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by mgumm: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
GidiParrot:

you think its not possible? i have one who sells plantain to sponsor herself upto HND now...so its possible.
plantain is more expensiv dan akamu....and peopl consume plantain more wen compared to akmu
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by LegendHman: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
Its kind of hard to believe though unless she get akamu industry wey she dey produce akamu for dem dangote dem
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by buffalowings: 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ojestas:

Ajenirun leleyi o grin grin
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by Engineermbugame(m): 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
There's nothing special about what she did to sponsor her education cos I have been selling gallar at Oshodi-Apapa expressway and I used the money to sponsor myself from ND to HND level
lol u mean it?
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by Jhayeahsam01(m): 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
the second woman be like, am going to destroy you with my witchcraft
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by tosyne2much(m): 11:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
Engineermbugame:
lol u mean it?
I dey tell u bro cool
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by buffalowings: 1:01am On Sep 03, 2016
soberdrunk:
Which type of "akamu", the same type everybody dey drink? They should just say "she worked hard and put herself through school". Do you know how much "akamu" you have to sell to afford university education in Nigeria? No need for the excess exaggeration abeg! angry angry YES AM A CYNIC!!! sad angry

Don't mind this yeye people
Dey sabi lie like satan
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by Rozaystunna(m): 2:41am On Sep 03, 2016
soberdrunk:
lmao yous a beast grin grin
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by Engineermbugame(m): 5:51am On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=tosyne2much post=49025358] I dey tell u bro cool [/quotlol
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by yommen: 5:58am On Sep 03, 2016
Ojestas:

200k bawo? I earn more than 100k and bukata dey almost chop everything. My own prayer for her is to progress mush further into millions either as an employee or as a business owner.

Btw, she is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by KardinalZik(m): 6:29am On Sep 03, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

Me self I tire o. Shey na all those #10 akamu she sell con survive ... grin

Its not possible and unrealistic abeg. She definitely has something else she is relying on apart from plantain selling. Haba.

Am surprised that this thought is breeded by a woman. It is rather too bad that naija girls despise little beginnings
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by princely74: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2016
God bless your hustle dear!
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by eniorisha(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Kudos to Ebere. May God reward your hardwork adequately. My story is similar to hers, not thru yet though. I carried loads for about 7yrs 4 people, saved enough b4 going for my degree.
Re: Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic by tunary(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2016
Qualer:

stop wondering... an average income of 2k every day for 30 days.. do the math! cool
how r u certain she'll be able to make up to 2k on daily basis nd besides don't she ve other expenses aside school? She's a good example sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing / JAMB Registration Begins: List Of CBT Centres For 2017 Registration/guidelines / Long, Black Snake Spotted At A Hostel (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.