Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,797 members, 7,972,851 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 08:11 PM

IBB Reveals His Worst Life Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Reveals His Worst Life Experience (685 Views)

President Buhari Reveals His Focus In 2018 / IBB Reveals Plan To Give Nigerians Free Education / Saraki, Politicians Queue To Shake Goodluck Jonathan At IBB's Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IBB Reveals His Worst Life Experience by LordIbro(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
The former military president of Nigeria, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has said that his worst experience in life was when he and his troops trekked several kilometres from Enugu to Umuahia, Abia State, during the Nigeria-Biafra War, while declaring that he is not in any way the evil people think he is. He noted that the long trekking during the Civil War was very tasking as his troop trekked non-stop to reach their destination on time.

General Babangida made the revelation at a press briefing in his uphill residence in Minna, when he turned 75 years last week Wednesday, (17 August, 2016).

Speaking further, the celebrant said, “I think it was very tough and challenging; you need to be physically fit to be able to undertake such task because we were moving through the jungles, mountains, hills and so on. It was the toughest experience, I ever had.”

The retired General said being a military officer was more challenging than being a military president, by experience and exposure, “being a military officer, you are leading men into danger, your life and their lives very much depends on you as the commander. Being the military officer, you are the only one with the troops; you are in charge (commanding). Their lives are on you and if you read a situation wrongly, you will put everyone in danger”.

On why he considered being a military officer as challenging, he said as president, “you still have to seek people`s advice; you interact, you discuss based on the prevailing situation you find yourself”.

On his experiences since the demise of his wife, the Minna born former Military President said he has been able to cope with the situation with the active support of his children.

“It has not been easy, but I thank God that I have children who show remarkable understanding and have been doing their best by trying to do what their mother was doing. I also have a lot of grandchildren and they take most of my time”, the septuagenarian said.

http://so-dawn.com/2016/09/02/my-worst-experience-in-life-ibb/

Re: IBB Reveals His Worst Life Experience by MrCounselor: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
So?
Re: IBB Reveals His Worst Life Experience by dnawah(m): 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
This ur message is understood.in summary,bubu no get plenty experience as a millitery(may be his not strong enough)and as a head of state after then and now he's not taking,asking or listing to advice.

(1) (Reply)

Mrs. Aisha Buhari And Mrs. Bolanle Ambode At The Launch Of Raise Foundation / Nigerian Army Recovers 55 Assorted Weapons From Niger Delta Militants / Nigeria @56: Who's The Worst Leader We Ever Had??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.