Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,772 members, 7,889,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? (3848 Views)

I Dont Want To Hurt My Jobless Boyfriend again for My Bestie / Should A Jobless Guy Go Into A Relationship? / Am I Overreacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
My boyfriend is a jobless upcoming artist sad it is annoying because it is more than a year now that he served this country, I feel like he should get a job since he is a First Class graduate embarassed but NO! He won't. He prefers to keep asking money from his sister and anyone that could help. Each time I bring up the matter of getting a job he will get kind of angry. He is so obsessed with this music that he sees no other thing. Am angry, even to sub sometimes is problem cos he is broke. I believe that music should be the second option while he works to get money at least to help his career And stop begging. I don't understand angry a broke guy is a frustrated person coupled with being an upcoming.
We had a fight not quite long cos he is too broke to sub for himself. I brought up the issue of getting a job and he was like "I don't have any reasonable suggestions" nonsense!
No front page please.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by tayadof9ja(m): 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
Before I conclude, I gorra qwuexhun. Do you find him worthy of your time and commitment?
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by youngest85(m): 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
meet me in room 8, 5-star hotel, surulere.
I will get him a job
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by sinaj(f): 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
First class my ass

10 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by vani86: 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Why don't you get a job and support his passion. You never know when he will hammer, look at annie idibia
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Senseless girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by dharay99: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Drew0:
Senseless girl.
plz how is she senseless...

4 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by dharay99: 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
If the niggie is really worth it, you get a job
or you wanna depend on him completely? undecided Get a job
& give him more time, if the music still doesn't work out and
he still not changing then dump his first class ass like shiiiit.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Ellidude(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
dharay99:

I wonder oh.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
dharay99:

Why is she ranting pointlessly?

I mean only Nigeria girl go do this kind thing, if your bf no want official work and he decides to pursue his career in music, can she not support him? Instead she is tryna frustrate him, if you can support him, gtfo!! You call him broke, her mate they buy her bf things, see AY wife na she support am when he was broke in skul days pursuing his dreams.

All this senseless Nigerian girls they disgust me with their low mentality.

8 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by akinola107(m): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
sinaj:
First class my ass

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
Linus

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
when in a relationship be with someone who listens to your advice and see sense in your point of view when there is actually one .
when one has passion for something .it should not be in a way that they become selfish thinking about themselves all alone .I can't imagine a first class student thinking this way .wait do first class students have time for music .I hate to admit .I ditch a friend who is so obsessed to this upcoming artist thing .upcoming me arse.mi dear move on .he is not ready to face the future .when he is fully an artist .he would go round chasing dem girls be for maybe .which is under probability he settles for u .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Drinkwater(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
The incredulity of this story is glaring

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
Drew0:

I mean only Nigeria girl go do this kind thing, if your bf no want official work and he decides to pursue his career in music, can she not support him? Instead she is tryna frustrate him, if you can support him, gtfo!! You call him broke, her mate they buy her bf things, see AY wife na she support am when he was broke in skul days pursuing his dreams.

Put yourself in my shoes and read your comment once again, does it make any sense Do u know how long he's been obsessed with this music? How much I have helped him with. What will it take him to get a job alongside music instead of begging his sis for as low as 500/1000# for sub. It's disappointing, to even think he's 25 is disheartening
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by ButterFrost212(f): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
You should give him some time to either make it or realise that music won't work out for him. Since you've already had enough, give him about a year, in which you'll try and improve yourself too. Yes your boyfriend has to be rich and all, after all what would you do with a broke ass nigga, but you also have to make something for yourself. So by giving him time, you're also helping yourself. If after a year he still hasn't gotten his act right then you can move on without any regrets. But then again if a year is too long, please call it quits before you become the nag that he'll eventually open a thread for...

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by dharay99: 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Drew0:

Alright...
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by ButterFrost212(f): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
rockstarB:

Put yourself in my shoes and read your comment once again, does it make any sense Do u know how long he's been obsessed with this music? How much I have helped him with. What will it take him to get a job alongside music instead of begging his sis for as low as 500/1000# for sub. It's disappointing, to even think he's 25 is disheartening
I absolutely understand, these music people can be so head strong. Although I'd still say you should give him a little time if you love him that much..
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
ButterFrost212:
I absolutely understand, these music people can be so head strong. Although I'd still say you should give him a little time if you love him that much..
Yes I do, but I hate to see him moody and sad over asking help instead of hustling to get a job.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
Er you could leave him or continue as you are. Really is that simple.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
ButterFrost212:
You should give him some time to either make it or realise that music won't work out for him. Since you've already had enough, give him about a year, in which you'll try and improve yourself too. Yes your boyfriend has to be rich and all, after all what would you do with a broke ass nigga, but you also have to make something for yourself. So by giving him time, you're also helping yourself. If after a year he still hasn't gotten his act right then you can move on without any regrets. But then again if a year is too long, please call it quits before you become the nag that he'll eventually open a thread for...
Thank you. I'm a fresh graduate waiting to serve soon, I am also into tailoring. I've been building myself ever since, I'm not used to collecting money from him anyway.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
rockstarB:

OK so now weiten u want make we do ?

Make we go give ur jobless boyfriend job?

Abi make we go wipe am?

I no understand why u carry him matter come here.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Victorakats(m): 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
rockstarB:
My boyfriend is a jobless upcoming artist sad it is annoying because it is more than a year now that he served this country, I feel like he should get a job since he is a First Class graduate embarassed but NO! He won't. He prefers to keep asking money from his sister and anyone that could help. Each time I bring up the matter of getting a job he will get kind of angry. He is so obsessed with this music that he sees no other thing. Am angry, even to sub sometimes is problem cos he is broke. I believe that music should be the second option while he works to get money at least to help his career And stop begging. I don't understand angry a broke guy is a frustrated person coupled with being an upcoming.
We had a fight not quite long cos he is too broke to sub for himself. I brought up the issue of getting a job and he was like "I don't have any reasonable suggestions" nonsense!

I personally understand your worries and concerns about your partner's inability to get a job.
In all honesty you didn't do anything wrong by suggesting that he gets something doing while he works on his passion.
Again, I personally admire him because he seems like a focused and passionate individual who wish to make a mark in the music industry. So I won't encourage you to look down on him as a result of his current financial capacity.
I feel that what he needs is someone who will advise him and help him understand that great music involves great money.
I will rather suggest that you encourage him join a music band, choir group, or get a music mentor that will coach him and at the same time expose him to the music industry.
This will help him to grow in his passion and at the same time earn a living from singing,writing or playing instruments.
I want you to resolve to support him with the best advice that he needs, and since he's not comfortable with working for anyone, please don't push him.
Like I said earlier, men of vision don't bend to pressure, they soar above pressure by giving their all to make their vision a reality.
Again if you're not necessarily comfortable with his vision and passion for music and you feel that you cannot wait for him or support him, kindly let him know and move on with your life.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by DozieInc(m): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pls few questions.

how long has he been into music?

Does he earn from the music??

Does he have other sources of income?

Does he have concrete plan/strategy on how to promote his music to the next level?

Cos I would like to believe he is smart and purposeful and not use music as an excuse for laziness or short-sightedness.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by MzPecs(f): 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
OP is scared of leaving him and then tomorrow, she'll hear that her "broke upcoming artiste bf" don blow!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by slimthugchimee(m): 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2016
check the ops thread,my emotions is killing my relationship and my sexual life
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by slimthugchimee(m): 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
rockstarB:

Thank you. I'm a fresh graduate waiting to serve soon, I am also into tailoring. I've been building myself ever since, I'm not used to collecting money from him anyway.
this girl you are a big liar this is what you said in your previous thread now this, keep lying to yourself
rockstarB:
I don't even know where to start. Anyway i have been dating my man for close to 4years now and we are both cool together and we planning to get married after am done with my youth service.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by RichieDaVinci01(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
If the Guy blow naw you go dey spread teeth!
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
slimthugchimee:
this girl you are a big liar this is what you said in your previous thread now this, keep lying to yourself
Yes I did said that. And have I finished serving now? Is there a problem in planning future together with your partner. That only goes to show that we r serious about each other.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
Victorakats:

I personally understand your worries and concerns about your partner's inability to get a job.
In all honesty you didn't do anything wrong by suggesting that he gets something doing while he works on his passion.
Again, I personally admire him because he seems like a focused and passionate individual who wish to make a mark in the music industry. So I won't encourage you to look down on him as a result of his current financial capacity.
I feel that what he needs is someone who will advise him and help him understand that great music involves great money.
I will rather suggest that you encourage him join a music band, choir group, or get a music mentor that will coach him and at the same time expose him to the music industry.
This will help him to grow in his passion and at the same time earn a living from singing,writing or playing instruments.
I want you to resolve to support him with the best advice that he needs, and since he's not comfortable with working for anyone, please don't push him.
Like I said earlier, men of vision don't bend to pressure, they soar above pressure by giving their all to make their vision a reality.
Again if you're not necessarily comfortable with his vision and passion for music and you feel that you cannot wait for him or support him, kindly let him know and move on with your life.
Thanks for this. He is actually getting there, am only worried about his finance.
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
MzPecs:
OP is scared of leaving him and then tomorrow, she'll hear that her "broke upcoming artiste bf" don blow!!! grin grin grin
NO. We've both come a long way together and we don't have issues aside from this one, why should I leave him
Re: Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? by slimthugchimee(m): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
rockstarB:

Yes I did said that. And have I finished serving now? Is there a problem in planning future together with your partner. That only goes to show that we r serious about each other.

didnt you just say you just graduated and waiting to serve

(1) (2) (Reply)

I And My Queen Have Ended Things / See Cute Photos Of Paul Pogba's Nigerian Born Girlfriend / To All Females With Small B00bs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.