Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,847 members, 7,969,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:51 AM

Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race (4814 Views)

Press Release Gov Udom Emmanuel Set To Thank God For Supreme Court Victory / Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by stanech: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2006
Christino:

If Duke had gone to another party, he sure would be getting boos like the big thumb downs for uncle atiku

that would have been the end to his political carears
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by McKren(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2006
rigging in 2007

Civil rights groups and media houses can actually help checkmate rigging. In 2007 special phone numbers should be made available to the general public by media houses and Civil right groups such that after voting people can actually wait for INEC reperesentatives at the polling centre to count their votes, after which people can generally send records of voting stating the figures and name of their polling centres and send them to the special numbers set out by media houses and civil society groups like NLC. With that these media houses can actually have an estimate of the record of votes using the most popular results sent in earliest (Before any rigging number would have been agreed by criminals) such that if at the end of the day INEC starts producing bogus figures we will simply have our evidence to start up a revolution there and then.

Each state of the federation or even each LGA can have a particular mobile number; such that at the end the records will be collated. its not very dificult so that at least our votes will actually count in this country. These are some of the roles technology play in a society. When london metro was bombed video messaging from the general public played a very important role to investigating who was behind it. Let us learn to protect out future in this country.
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by kitaun(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2006
And u think there cant be a sabotage of that procedure?? Do u know the powers that be if truly there is intent to rig could still influence those phone nos being temporarily cut off the network 4 dt period??
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by McKren(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2006
Kituan I dont like to abuse people but I am afraid to say that I personally think you are a waiste of space on this thread. The essence of Nairaland is not to tell us what Nigeria already is or how change is unachievable Otherwise this website is better closed.
Once upon a time we were in a military rule that never intended to come to an end but somehow democracy came, once upon a time the present administration sort a third term yet they were stopped and a transition is happening in 2007. Nothing is impossible.

Besides that I dont think this site was designed to discuss impossiblilities. If the powers that be block those specific numbers which might cut across different service providers like MTN, Glo, Vmobile and the rest it will now be obvious that there is conspiracy. I dont think any right thinking party will love to be identified with such conspiracy.

Our democracy will grow if we want to, Kituan if every other person in this country thinks like you IBB would have still been the Military head of state.
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by kitaun(m): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2006
And u had to abuse me to make ur point?? I wonder if u would love to get a vituperative response 4rm me??
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2006
Our democracy will grow if we want to, Kituan if every other person in this country thinks like you IBB would have still been the Military head of state.

You hit the nail on the head because this Kitaun guy thinks IBB is god or something. He won't accept that the guy is no longer politically relevant in a nation looking for ways to get ahead.
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by kitaun(m): 2:45am On Dec 29, 2006
Dunceman way of reasoning!! Go and ask Gani Fawehinmi and he will tell u what he has found out these past few yrs!
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 29, 2006
Gani this, Gani that. . . From observing current events, I can conclude that IBB is no longer as influential as he used to be. Other folks in PDP are just as rich and can influence the party as much as he can. After swearing night and day that he won't chicken out of the race, he ended up doing so.

Stop deceiving yourself bro., your hero is dead. No more daily bread for you, you gotta find other means of eating. grin
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by McKren(m): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2006
Please Kituan what has Gani found out this past few years and tell us what you mean?
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by kitaun(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2006
Donzman, ur father whoever he is na my hero not IBB, all i am saying u all should sit back and watch the turn of events, only God can demystify him and its exactly what the ilk of Gani have found out (when he could not be brought to book for murder of Dele Giwa even with formation of Oputa panel) getting them muddled up in political intrigues such as that of Ekiti State (esp Femi Falana)
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by McKren(m): 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2006
If that is why you think there is any myth left in IBB, then I will tell you that you have only succeeded in placing him in a class even below where I will ordinarily place him. Maybe I need to review my notion of him IBB. A lot of criminals out there are yet to be brought to book, ordinary local government chairmen kill their rivals and get away with it.

The same dele giwa case you are talking about was used to blackmail him to chicken out from PDP. The inability to send IBB to jail over the murder of giwa or vatsa is not just about the person IBB it is because during his era so many other people died mysteriously in other government and probing IBB will call for probing others and bringing them to book. And some of those people are still part of the current system.
But what a shame that you will refer to th fact that he has'nt been sent to jail as one of his myth. Meaning that you attest to the fact that he should be in jail
Why then are you guys wishing someone who you know should be in jail to rule this country.
Re: Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race by kitaun(m): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2006
Keep twisting it u hear? Am only being realistic, the evil genius does not have 2 be President to rule us, get it! Its exactly what Obj wants to turn himself to. Nyweiz lets just watch as things pan out but i suggest u choose ur words when referring to me, i see u like crying foul after i respond to ur abusive posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch The Occupy Nigeria Protests Live On Battabox.com / Jonathan's Projects In Rivers State,a Response To Amarchi's Lies And Propaganda / Mimiko May Decamps To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.