Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,873 members, 7,876,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:50 PM

Our Daily Manna For TODAY 03/9/2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Daily Manna For TODAY 03/9/2016 (409 Views)

Our Daily Manna For TODAY 01/9/2016 / Our Daily Manna For Today 03/08/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna For TODAY 03/9/2016 by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 03, 2016
TOPIC: YOU ARE YOU -2
BASIC SCRIPTURE: MARK 12: 28-33
See what Bill Gates said: " Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself." All you have to do to fulfill your God-given destiny is to be YOURSELF because YOU ARE YOU and there is none like YOU on this planet! Be proud! Be confident! No one else is better than you! Even if they look so, they are only hiding their battles and trusting their God in silence. Why don't you do the same? Why wish you are somebody else? Why envy their testimonies or their lifestyles? Every man or woman has his/her own story! Where you are in life is only a chapter in God's biography of you. There are many unseen chapters still coming that will be bestsellers for this world! Those you envy have their own struggles with their own fight. A flower does not compete with other flowers next to it. It just blooms! Be like that! Value your own worth! It is the difference between you and others that makes you unique! Comparison is the thief of joy and the killer of confidence! The only person you should compare yourself with is the person you see in the mirror everyday: YOU! A bird sitting on the tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because her trust is not on the branch but on its own wings! Always believe in yourself! A hidden secret of your success is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of it everyday! The biggest project you will ever work on, on this earth is YOU! Others are important but you are more important no matter your status! No wonder today's scripture which is very familiar says: "Love your neighbour as yourself." The emphasis and FOCAL POINT is YOURSELF and not your neighbour! Yes, you are the base line and focal point and not your neighbour! It did not say love yourself as your neighbour, it is the other way round because you are unique and wonderfully created. Oh! The Holy Ghost is still emphasizing: Do not compare yourself with others in this second half of 2016. Stay focused on your own journey and leave foot prints behind. I remember William Boetcker: " Never mind what others do; do better than yourself, beat your own record from day to day and you are a success." Finally, if you must compare yourself with another person, it must be with the Lord. You don't measure your maturity by comparing yourself to other people but you judgge your maturity by comparing yourself to the Lord! Stop hating yourself for every thing you aren't and start loving yourself for everything and where you are! As you refuse depression, self pity, and secret anger against God, this world must hear your testimony in Jesus name. Hold on! Hold out! And look out! You are you!
PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: This so sweet...
1. In your own words, pray about today's WORD as led.
2. Repent from comparing yourself with others.
3. From this day, I refuse to compare myself with others. I am me and there is none like me on earth! I uproot depression now in Jesus name (pray it seriously)!
4. Pray about the remaining days of this quarter! Cancel demotion and disgrace!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mother Teresa Declared A Saint In Mass Led By Pope Francis / Please Help, Will I Go To Diffrent Hell / Looking Unto Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.