Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,075 members, 7,946,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing (11018 Views)

Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner / Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing / Fulani Herd-boy Seen Studying His Books While Out With ‘his’ Cows For Grazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by mu2sa2: 8:08am On Sep 03, 2016
Land designated by governor for grazing - that's grazing reserve, exactly like what fg is proposing. Fayose is a 1st class clown.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Ayoola171(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

When i made my opinion known about Fayose merely grandstanding, some mumus who are incapable of forming independent opinions almost died in my mentions....

Heck, does he have state police to enforce anything? cheesy
Hello omo Odua, just saying good day. Sheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by seunmsg(m): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2016
bejeiodus:
There is no difference whatsoever. But it is better to allow state governors enact their own laws than bullying them into giving up their lands.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/there-is-no-land-for-grazing-in-ekiti-says-fayose/

I find it very hypocritical for Fayose to openly make the above statement during the debate of the proposed grazing reserve law only for him to secretly insert a section that will designate certain areas in Ekiti state as grazing reserves into his much publicised anti grazing law. Why not work with the president right from the onset instead of demonising what you will still turn around and do?
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Nasiruddeen(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2016
In my opinion, Fayose was wrong to enact such laws in the first place. The fulanis have the right to live and work in ekiti just like every other Nigerian. Why ban their business of cattle rearing when they have no other means? Why criminalize the whole fulanis as if all fulanis are killers? There are bad eggs amongst every tribe, why do we make it look like violence is exclusive to northerners only and Fulani in particular.

The people we should frown at are cattle rustlers who steals cattle from fulanis and use them as disguise for their evil deeds. The fulanis are peaceful people who go about their business in peace and we all know they control their herds of cattle with mere sticks. Even though we call them primitive, how many non Fulani can rear cattle for national consumption like the fulanis? Without them how do we see beef to consume?

The rustlers are armed terrorist escaping from the north east to the south. What fayose should have done is to forbid any herdsmen from moving around with weapons, not banning cattle rearing completely. If all states cooperated with the FG on creation of grazing reserves throughout the country, there will not be a single cattle left on the streets looking for grass.

Instead we chastised president Buhari's brilliant policy in the name of Islamization. The ripple effects are the incessant attacks by the rustlers.

For me, the grazing bill remains the best and safest option for the sake of peace. Not unnecessary bans.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2016
cherrycyn90:

http://www.enzyhub.com/grazing-bill-ekiti-state-to-map-out-lands-in-all-local-government-for-grazing/
Fayose is the most controversial governor I've ever seen. Why sign the grazing bill into law in the first place when he knew he would end up flip-flopping? Coward!
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
Fayose baba...typical yoruba man..they can boast eh!
GoldenJAT:
Fayose baba...typical yoruba man..they can boast eh!

Awon olori pelebe yen ti wo thread

ShootToKill:
One pro-fulani muslim yorubamudeen is already on the thread throwing owambe. grin grin
na shitgbo dey always tok like this so grin grin their patter nor dey change.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by helovesme(f): 8:28am On Sep 03, 2016
okpor2:
Goats?what happens to all goat owners nd sheep owners in Ekiti?am sure there are still goats even in Ado EkitI d state capitaL!6 months jail 4 all of them!or is d law meant 4 only Fulanis?

Very valid point.

Those goats constitute nuisance in ekiti state.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Baroba(m): 8:36am On Sep 03, 2016
Even if he is flip flopping I still have respect for Fayose, he has balls forget, if only the overweight hippo at Enugu will learn from him.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by obailala(m): 8:42am On Sep 03, 2016
I think this isnt a bad bill. Time for other southern states to just copy and paste.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by codemaniacs: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2016
Nasiruddeen:
In my opinion, Fayose was wrong to enact such laws in the first place. The fulanis have the right to live and work in ekiti just like every other Nigerian. Why ban their business of cattle rearing when they have no other means? Why criminalize the whole fulanis as if all fulanis are killers? There are bad eggs amongst every tribe, why do we make it look like violence is exclusive to northerners only and Fulani in particular.

The people we should frown at are cattle rustlers who steals cattle from fulanis and use them as disguise for their evil deeds. The fulanis are peaceful people who go about their business in peace and we all know they control their herds of cattle with mere sticks. Even though we call them primitive, how many non Fulani can rear cattle for national consumption like the fulanis? Without them how do we see beef to consume?

The rustlers are armed terrorist escaping from the north east to the south. What fayose should have done is to forbid any herdsmen from moving around with weapons, not banning cattle rearing completely. If all states cooperated with the FG on creation of grazing reserves throughout the country, there will not be a single cattle left on the streets looking for grass.

Instead we chastised president Buhari's brilliant policy in the name of Islamization. The ripple effects are the incessant attacks by the rustlers.

For me, the grazing bill remains the best and safest option for the sake of peace. Not unnecessary bans.

awelekiti:
Fayose is the most controversial governor I've ever seen. Why sign the grazing bill into law in the first place when he knew he would end up flip-flopping? Coward!

Fayose is trying to tax them and collect rent.... If the FG does it, the state loses money.... besides If they attack and kill anyone, the communities would know exactly where and when to retaliate... It's the best way to divide and conquer the herdsmen even if they have military support...

Fayose is only pouring petrol into fire...
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 03, 2016
rayblast:
I thought d dan iska (Fayose) said no grazing for Ekiti State, Kolomental governor!!!!!!
why are people this senseless?
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by cosade(m): 8:51am On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:

Why tagging the Bill "Anti-grazing bill" when you have not mapped out the specific areas for grazing?

Confused?

Fayose is a street clown. grin grin grin

The law is tagged "Prohibition of Cattle and Other Ruminants Grazing in Ekiti, 2016 Law” and not "Anti-Grazing Law".
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Kdon2: 9:04am On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:
I thought the A$$hole was criminalizing grazing in Ekiti!

Where are his fellow jesters on Nairaland who masturbated on that jamboree of signing the bill into law?

With Fayose as a governor, no one needs a comedian again in that state!

You are obviously a half literate graduate!
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2016
seunmsg:

Why is he using both ranching and open grazing interchangeably? The law is supposed to be clear and without ambiguity considering the noise he made before and after signing it.

What is the difference between the provision that “The Governor shall by an order designate land in each of 16 local government areas in the state in respect of which cattle or ruminants may be permitted to graze” and the proposal by the federal government to designate some areas all over the country as grazing reserves? Nigerians, mostly from the southern part opposed the presidents proposal vehemently, somehow, Fayose has given legal backing to the presidents proposal and nobody is complaining.

I also see no difference.
Fayose is simply playing to the gallery, seeking cheap popularity through incitement of his gullible followers with his brand of hateful politics; he is Nigeria's much cruder equivalent of Donald Trump.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by ImpersonatorSS: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:

Why tagging the Bill "Anti-grazing bill" when you have not mapped out the specific areas for grazing?

Confused?

Fayose is a street clown. grin grin grin

Fulanis want to move cattle from one place to another at will, anytime anyday. That is the kind of grazing they want.

FG wants to give them a territory in each state that will eventually become mini Fulani emirates. That is what we southerners are against.

Fayose has through the "Anti-Grazing Bill" restricted the movement of cattle from one place to another at will anytime anyday and at the same time prevented the establishment of mini Fulani emirate at the same time.

How is that difficult to comprehend?
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by ehiabj(f): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2016
I smell DANGER!
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by ImpersonatorSS: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2016
awelekiti:

Dont be a goat!

The bill prohibits movement of cattle from one place/town/community to another anytime anyday.

Hence, the cattle must remain somewhere per time.

Nothing has changed here. Nothing!
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 03, 2016
One good turn deserves another you know. Fayose is trying to tell Buhari that "Look Mr President, we can be good friends if only you'll stop this your extreme tribalism and regionalism". It's not that difficult to see...

Buhari ordered the Lagos - Kano rail line to pass through Ekiti and Fayose marks out grazing areas in Ekiti State.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by ehiabj(f): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2016
I smell DANGER!!!
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by MrCounselor: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:

Where are his fellow jesters on Nairaland who masturbated on that jamboree of signing the bill into law?

So you think it is only Hausa/Fulani men that rears cattle or have anything yo do with them?
Wise up, that move is to help support animal husbandry and to reduce the issue of incessant destruction of farmlands and clashes btw farmers and rearers.
Is goat, sheep, cattle rearing not part of Agriculture again? Unless you never go to school. Total banishing is impossible.
Wanton Open Grazing, especially of Hausa/fulani herdsmen is what he promised to CRIMINALIZE, I guess...
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by bigbigger8(m): 11:31am On Sep 03, 2016
ShootToKill:
".....The Governor shall by an order designate land in each of 16 local government areas in the state in respect of which cattle or ruminants MAY be permitted to graze."

Zombies should read well and concentrate on the word "MAY". It is conditional, ONLY if the fulani herdsmen behave themselves.

And u honestly believe d shit u penned down here. Means u are worst than a zombie.Infact,u are a WAILING ZOMBIE!
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by dimieprincess(f): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
seunmsg:

Why is he using both ranching and open grazing interchangeably? The law is supposed to be clear and without ambiguity considering the noise he made before and after signing it.

What is the difference between the provision that “The Governor shall by an order designate land in each of 16 local government areas in the state in respect of which cattle or ruminants may be permitted to graze” and the proposal by the federal government to designate some areas all over the country as grazing reserves? Nigerians, mostly from the southern part opposed the presidents proposal vehemently, somehow, Fayose has given legal backing to the presidents proposal and nobody is complaining.
Don't tell me you are the owner of nairaland because it will be a big disgrace to our educational system. The federal government proposed bill was more or less like a compulsory accusation without royalty to the state government. With this bill or law, the Ekiti State government has succeeded in killing two birds with one stone, wit: Increase in IGR and security of lives and properties.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by seunmsg(m): 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
dimieprincess:

Don't tell me you are the owner of nairaland because it will be a big disgrace to our educational system. The federal government proposed bill was more or less like a compulsory accusation acquisition without royalty to the state government. With this bill or law, the Ekiti State government has had succeeded in killing two birds with one stone, wit: Increase in IGR and security of lives and properties.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by Michel2013: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
fayose has done again.yorubas are all same cowards,noisemakers,inconsistence.
so at last fayose will be remembered in nigeria as the first southern gov that gave out his people lands to fulanis for grazing.
i keep telling my fellow Igbos don't ever take any yoruba man for his words because you will get disappointed at the end.
Igbos should also becareful about the FFK.this people can never be trusted never, they will always be awolowo.you cannot take it from them.
a snake will always beget a snake.

no wonder all the promises apc made to the gullible nigerians none has be kept because na same people.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by gawu1: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
kenny987:

He never criminalised grazing in the state. You failed to comprehend the obvious n rather chose to input or believe whatever u wanted. This provision to map out specific areas was part of the bill that was signed into law, it isn't a sudden afterthought.

Basically, d point is no person can ban anyone from engaging in lawful business but even lawful businesss must be regulated to ensure that the overriding duty of a government to protect life n property is achieved. The state has a government and that government owes its people d responsibility to do all within its power to ensure their protection n d preservation of their heritage. No group of persons n criminals are allowed to attack, kidnap n kill at will because of grazing n cattle, no!
As a responsible government the FG must have been aware of and disturbed by incessant clashes across the country between herdsmen and farmers and as well proposes for palliative measures of designating some areas as grazing zones as immediate solution which it hopes may curb the menace. So what is the difference between what Fayose did and the proposed grazing reserves being planned by the FG? Yet, Fayose has been number one person criticizing the FG proposal; even going mad saying no grazing land for cattle in Ekiti state as if the state is father's personal feud.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by gawu1: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
ShootToKill:
".....The Governor shall by an order designate land in each of 16 local government areas in the state in respect of which cattle or ruminants MAY be permitted to graze."

Zombies should read well and concentrate on the word "MAY". It is conditional, ONLY if the fulani herdsmen behave themselves.
Stop deceiving yourself, wailing zombi.
Just admit that your hero has eaten own vomit, period! I am sure, your conscience's telling that.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by mrmachine: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
DropShot:

Are you from the generations of herdsmen? Calling the government that is trying to protect its people asshole? Don't put curse on your generation
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by nduchucks: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2016

The Governor shall by an order designate land in each of 16 local government areas in the state in respect of which cattle or ruminants may be permitted to graze

Fayose is not 100% senseless afterall.

One good turn deserves another, Fayose repays good for good; train routes through Ekiti reciprocated by legislating a sensible option of providing designated grazing areas in Ekiti is indeed commendable and will completely eliminate unnecessary deaths.

We must find a way to reduce the herdsmen/farmer conflicts and the resulting killing of innocent people throughout this great country.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by 989900: 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
Fayose is the only one handling this grazing issue aright -- about the only thing he's ever gotten right.
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by MamaletASO: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Area boys Governor..

At this age, a governor still went to commission a bore hole in a town not even village...

Shame!!!
Re: Grazing Bill: Ekiti State To Map Out Lands In All Local Government For Grazing by MikeB3(m): 5:26am On Sep 04, 2016
Fayose! Oshokomole 1......... Your haters keep hating coz you speak the truth in the majority of your publications..... Make dem no go hug transformer na him remain! Kontinu Irumole ton je jollof rice!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Relocating To Kano – Ganduje / Dasukigate: EFCC Grills Ihejirika / PDP: Why We Can’t Commend Buhari On Rescue Of Kankara Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.