Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Must Read For Mothers! Check Out The Job Description Of A Housewife.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must Read For Mothers! Check Out The Job Description Of A Housewife.. (497 Views)

'I Fall Ill Because My Husband Starves Me Of Sex' - Sex Starved Housewife / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) / I Want More Than A Round Of Sex – Housewife (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read For Mothers! Check Out The Job Description Of A Housewife.. by chocolateme(f): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
A woman, renewing her driver's licence , was asked by the woman at Registry to state her occupation.

She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.

'What I mean is, ' explained the woman at Registry, 'do you have a job or are you just a ...?'

'Of course I have a job,' snapped the woman. 'I'm a Mum.'

'We don't list 'Mum' as an occupation, 'housewife' covers it,' Said the recorder emphatically.

I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself
in the same situation.
The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised,
efficient, and possessed of a high sounding title like,
'Official Interrogator' or 'City Registrar.'

'What is your occupation?' she probed.

What made me say it? I do not know. The words simply popped out.
'I'm a *Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations.'*

The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair and
looked up as though she had not heard right.

I repeated the title slowly emphasizing the most significant words.
Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written, in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.

'Might I ask,' said the clerk with new interest, 'just what you do in your field?'

Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply,
*'I have a continuing program of research*, (what mother doesn't) *In the laboratory and in the field,*
(normally I would have said indoors and out).
*I'm working for my Masters*, (first the Lord and then the whole family)
*and already have four credits* (all daughters).
*Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities,*
(any mother care to disagree?)
*and I often work 14 hours a day,* (24 is more like it).
*But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money.'*

There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, *I was greeted by my lab assistants* -- ages 13, 7, and 3.
Upstairs I could hear our *new experimental model,*
(a 6 month old baby) *in the child development program*, testing out a new vocal pattern (crying).

I felt I had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than 'just another Mum.'

*Motherhood!!!*
What a glorious career! Especially when there's a title on the door.

Does this make grandmothers
*'Senior Research associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations'*
And great grandmothers
*'Executive Senior Research Associates?'*
I think so!!!

I also think it makes Aunts '
*Associate Research Assistants.'*

2 Likes

Re: Must Read For Mothers! Check Out The Job Description Of A Housewife.. by Barney11: 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
This is lovely God bless ma home so that I can spend quality time with my children. Believe me,a hous wife with a maid is a very tiring busy job! If u doubt,look after ur little kids without a help or creche.To all able mothers God bless u.
Re: Must Read For Mothers! Check Out The Job Description Of A Housewife.. by liztop2012(f): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
no be small thing, GOD bless all mothers.

(1) (Reply)

The Death Of Fun In #lagos? Lagos Bans Live Band At Beer Palours, Restaurant. / Muslim Family Brutally Wounded A Christian Man For Having Friendship With Their / No, This Is Not Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.