Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,869 members, 7,876,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:25 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6310691 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2017
Vera sidika after her break up with Nigerian boyfriend, immediately jumps into another Nigerian , lol

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
Igbo landing of 1803 in the United States of America,

How slaves resisted slavery by drowning,

Beyonce used this symbolism in one of her music video
Someone just make this girl an honorary Igbo. You should petition one of your Kings on her behalf smiley She's really drawn to Igbos. Who knows, maybe its her blood.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2017
ednited:

@genieluv

my friend's cousin is married to DAVIDO's cousin

lol grin

Really? I don't know the couple! Who are they?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

Please what is the meaning of the first song FULANI in Oromo, do you have an idea? It's the name of an ethnic group in Nigeria.

It seems like from my observation that Oromos on average look darker than Amharas and Tigrays look lighter than Amharas. what do you think?
It's because Amharas, Tigrays, Gurages, Hararis, Biher-Tigrinyas(Eritrean Tigray) and Tigris(northern Eritreans) had relatively larger Semite backgrounds than Oromos. All those different people are Cushite and sisters to each other.

There are also some darker Amharas and Tigrays and light skinned Oromos.

All the different ethnicities of Ethiopia and Eritrea are the products of many old centuries of extensive mixing with each other.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 21, 2017
Hati13:

Very sad
Africans are the one that should be mostly blamed for this tragedy.

Man's inhumanity to man,
Really despicable
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2017
genieluv:

Yaaah, our elders here in Nigeria also complain a lot about the nudity n extreme elements of westernization in our musics, buh what can they do about it? The market for it is very large, its very lucrative n it's the world of young people. Lol
But we have lots of beautiful cultural videos like the ones l posted earlier just that the most famous are the westernized videos.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 11:35am On Jun 21, 2017
PissedYagami:

African culture? Africa is so diversee love. Id rather wear jeans than west african clothes

Well, hello and good riddance white boy from manchester!

>>>>I would rather take pride in any african attires from any african country than jeans!

Hati13 n Ednited. It seems like these attires below are Oromo attires? aren't they? I consider them very beautiful, colourful n they have lots of pattern n styles.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

Someone just make this girl an honorary Igbo. You should petition one of your Kings on her behalf smiley She's really drawn to Igbos. Who knows, maybe its her blood.

LOL,
We gonna give her a female chieftaincy title,

Like adaigbo di na mba-translation igbo daughter in diaspora,
She looks very much igbo,

She is really into Nigeria,

Apart from igbo, a fine yoruba artist laolu designed the bodies of her female choreographers in lemonade album

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2017
ednited:

Wow, Respect for you too Hati13

I bet I had him in my graduation too undecided

My mom's best friend daughter is married to his cousin. That's all

My mom's other friend is also the God mother of Gediyon Zelalem (former Arsenal Ethiopian player)

@genieluv

my friend's cousin is married to DAVIDO's cousin

lol grin
Directly or indirectly, you have many connections with famous people.

Heard that Teddy has 2 children.

Do you often go to Teddy cousin house?
Has you met Teddy wife?
Have you physically seen Gediyon Zelalem?

Davido seems a famous man. I've read about him about his Ethiopia trip in this forum.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2017
ednited:

It's my first time seeing such a hairstyle on man. And it's how Eskista is done

Skales have also posted dancing Eskista on his instagram page.

I recommend you to try it, it's fun grin

Kk, buh the hairstyle looks so cool on the man. I love it. He is handsome smiley.
Your people also look slimmer compared to we other black africans.

***I will check out skales, you seem to know so many Nigerian artistes?. Lol

Are there other habesha dance steps?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

Kenyans have no culture and it's such a shame! So, they usually get so pissed off whenever they see other Africans celebrating and admiring culture.

TayserMahiri, mtis, NairobiWalker, Jay254 and co, you guys should learn from your fellow east africans here. Watch their musics and learn how African cultures must be promoted!

I have been challenged here by their Ethiopian songs, no matter how modern these Ethiopian songs looked, the culturak rhythms, dance steps, cultures and sounds are always present.

I have always come across modern cultural musics from Uganda and mainland Tanzania, especially Uganda and none from Kenya. Are Kenyans Europeans? Why don't you guys just relocate to Scandinavia or Western Europe if that is the case?

Here are some beautiful modern cultural songs from Uganda! Ednited and Hati13, you guys should check them out. I find the dance steps very beautiful smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6kGGW0SBU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=545zP07dlUE
Thanks
I will listen. It's a matter of WIFI
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2017
ednited:

Do you hear our songs?
It's my first time listening to them and l must confess they are great.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2017
genieluv:

Well, hello and good riddance white boy from manchester!

>>>>I would rather take pride in any african attires from any african country than jeans!

Hati13 n Ednited. It seems like these attires below are Oromo attires? aren't they? I consider them very beautiful, colourful n they have lots of pattern n styles.
Yes, they are. Beautiful attires.

Oromos, especially Ray and Yejju Oromos are a music loving people.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2017
Growing up I listened to many Ethiopian, Cameroonian, Kenyan, Congolese, Ghanaian, musicians, I watched the videos through nta

Even though I couldn't decipher their language, I got the message, enjoyed the rhythm and dance steps too
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2017
genieluv:

Kk, buh the hairstyle looks so cool on the man. I love it. He is handsome smiley.
Your people also look slimmer compared to we other black africans.

***I will check out skales, you seem to know so many Nigerian artistes?. Lol

Are there other habesha dance steps?
Yeah we are relatively slimmer than others. To tell you one fact, Ethiopia consume less calories daily compared to any other country in the world.

Even if all Habesha dresses, hairstyle and Eskista are basically the same, but Tigrays and Eritreans Habesha culture is slightly different from Amharas.

Even in Amhara, there is slightly difference between North Shewa, Wello, Gondar, Agews and Gojjam.

See the slight difference in their libs(dress) and hairstyle.

1. Tigray
2. Wello Amhara
3. Wello Amhara
4. Gojjam Amhara

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

Kenyans have no culture and it's such a shame! So, they usually get so pissed off whenever they see other Africans celebrating and admiring culture.

TayserMahiri, mtis, NairobiWalker, Jay254 and co, you guys should learn from your fellow east africans here. Watch their musics and learn how African cultures must be promoted!

I have been challenged here by their Ethiopian songs, no matter how modern these Ethiopian songs looked, the culturak rhythms, dance steps, cultures and sounds are always present.

I have always come across modern cultural musics from Uganda and mainland Tanzania, especially Uganda and none from Kenya. Are Kenyans Europeans? Why don't you guys just relocate to Scandinavia or Western Europe if that is the case?

Here are some beautiful modern cultural songs from Uganda! Ednited and Hati13, you guys should check them out. I find the dance steps very beautiful smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6kGGW0SBU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=545zP07dlUE

Does there exist a society without a culture? What is your definition of culture?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

We know they are not impressive, well, can you post yours for us to see how impressive they are? Cheap haters.
You missed the point dude.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
kaylinda:
Wow, i love the direction this thread is now going and i must say i am delighted. Ednite and Hati13, i am also a lover of horn african culture. I listened to some of the songs you guys showed genieluv and i loved them. May i confess that you guys have a very beautiful musical rhythmn. It's so nice and cool. It is also very cultural. Kudos to you guys!

Visit the horn some day and tell them you're Nigerian. They'll welcome you with open arms and show you their awesome culture.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hbuyosh:

Does there exist a society without a culture? What is your definition of culture?
That's so true . can't have a society without culture.the culture one has is still a culture an it pains when you see people claiming their culture is awesome than yours or that your culture is not African enough. I like my jeans an sneakers.I love my creepy music an don't a give heck what any native would say about my culture..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
mtis:

That's so true . can't have a society without culture.the culture one has is still a culture an it pains when you see people claiming their culture is awesome than yours or that your culture is not African enough. I like my jeans an sneakers.I love my creepy music an don't a give heck what any native would say about my culture..
For me, l wouldn't say Nigeria's culture is more awesome than yours but what l believe many are asking here is.....what is that primitive Kenyan culture and literature before the white man came? I know it is there but you guys do not promote it to the world. Tayser has posted some beautiful Kenyan art works which l believe are from ancient times which is more like it. So what are those Kenyan indigenous literature, clothes, music which can be fine tuned with the western brand?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
Welcome to an igbo village and museum in Virginia United States of America
Nice stuff there bro..but a question btn igbo an Yoruba which tribe provided most slaves to Americas coz most of time I read of Yoruba culture even in Brazil
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2017
freshest4live:

For me, l wouldn't say Nigeria's culture is more awesome than yours but what l believe many are asking here is.....what is that primitive Kenyan culture and literature before the white man came? I know it is there but you guys do not promote it to the world. Tayser has posted some beautiful Kenyan art works which l believe are from ancient times which is more like it. So what are those Kenyan indigenous literature, clothes, music which can be fine tuned with the western brand?
My opinion..i think our founding Fathers concentrated more on some stuff than others..talk was building Kenya economy an peace among Kenyans..to a certain degree the native way of life wasn't promoted much..education was much preached tale around..so I feel Kenya got westernized to a certain degree too fast..but that doesn't mean we don't have our precolonial culture among us..we still fuse it with western one an I feel its OK to have the best of both worlds
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

LOL,
We gonna give her a female chieftaincy title,

Like adaigbo di na mba-translation igbo daughter in diaspora,
She looks very much igbo,

She is really into Nigeria,

Apart from igbo, a fine yoruba artist laolu designed the bodies of her female choreographers in lemonade album
She's Probably from Edo grin

She likes weird things. I think the occult rumours are true.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

Muafrika tell me something about 911..the other story grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2017
mtis:

Muafrika tell me something about 911..the other story grin

Unfortunately, I think am behind the news on that one, what happened?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2017
shervydman:

the funniest thing is that I'm not even sure of the report cos I stay right here in Lagos and ever since I came across this 77% stuff, I consciously check most girls/ladies/she/her/mum/grandmas I meet; expecting to confirm the report but it proves mendacious!.
Funny live in Nairobi but that 60% thingy not true.. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

Unfortunately, I think am behind the news on that one, what happened?
Is the talk of pre arranged an executed thingy by Americans an their buddies Israeli s .not sure if its true
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
mtis:

Is the talk of pre arranged an executed thingy by Americans an their buddies Israeli s .not sure if its true

After Iraq, we've come to learn that things aren't always as reported to be. I think Osama & Co did it though. You could see how the US went crazy bombing everything in the desert after that. Or perhaps its what they needed to do it. Who knows
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
Muafrika2:

Lmao, Have you met Edo people before?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
freshest4live:

Lmao, Have you met Edo people before?
Just Fanficgirl, I know she's not like that, but but they're reknown on NL for their love of witchcraft grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
Who says we dont maintain some of our traditional cultures? Here is bullfighting in Western Kenya. Unfortunately the tradition faces stiff opposition from animal rights groups

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.