Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,823 members, 7,889,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:17 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6342004 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
Jayceon:
Here it is...

South African National Anthem

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika
(God Bless Africa)
Maluphakanyisw' uphondo lwayo,
(Raise high Her glory)
Yizwa imithandazo yethu,
(Hear our Prayers)
Nkosi sikelela, thina lusapho lwayo
(God bless us, we her children)
isiXhosa and isiZulu

Morena boloka setjhaba sa heso,
(God protect our nation)
O fedise dintwa le matshwenyeho,
(End all wars and tribulations)
O se boloke, O se boloke setjhaba sa heso,
(Protect us, protect our nation)
Setjhaba sa South Afrika - South Afrika.
(Our nation South Africa - South Africa)
Sesotho

Uit die blou van onse hemel,
(Ringing out from our blue heavens)
Uit die diepte van ons see,
(From the depth of our seas)
Oor ons ewige gebergtes,
(Over our everlasting mountains)
Waar die kranse antwoord gee,
(Where the echoing crags resound)
Afrikaans

Sounds the call to come together,
And united we shall stand,
Let us live and strive for freedom,
In South Africa our land.
English

Thats massive. 4 stanzas, ours is just 3. What happens to the non-Zulus, Xhosas, Sothos ? Are they forced to sing those parts>? Now I see why most SAns cant learn their anthem well. Lets be honest the lyrics are nicely compiled but the choice of some languages over others was ridiculous. Plus I know you cant sing it all cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
Jayceon:
bout time..

Time to kick ass in Lagos and the entire Nigger-area cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
freshest4live:

The problem is not with Buhari, the problem is with the constitution that doesn't address such a scenario properly. The constitution only allows for a transfer to the Vice president by a written letter to the National Assembly, and so he did just that and could hardly be faulted legally.
But the protest by many Nigerians which had gone on for weeks is that morally speaking he should step down which has destabilized the nation for some time, and so you can imagine why the politicians and ministers are happy to be free at last from the protests of the masses.

Thats a ridiculous constitution you have. So with a written permission the NA then holds a session to debate the submission? It must be all the coups that made transfer of power in Nigeria so complex. In kenya the president simply signs a decree and thats all, the deputy takes over. This happens every time the president leaves the country. Basically in Kenya when you are outside the country you are not president, untill you land back. I know you are shocked grin We dont have coup mentalities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Our case is bad but that of France must have been a case of clear sabotage grin I've checked Ras, he's such a poor singer first of all, but SA is famed for its citizens not knowing the lyrics of their anthem. Even Trevor Noah confirmed it cheesy I can almost swear[b]you and Jayceon only know the first stanza[/b] wink
Ras Dumisani has lived in France since like fvcking 1990 or something nobody even new he existed in SA. ALSO it was the French that got him to sing the anthem......Its the responsibility of the host nation to provide a proper singer for the national anthem.

Trevor never confirmed anything.....he's a comedian and made a joke of the stereotypical few(as comedians do) that don't understand certain parts of the anthem.....which consist out of 5 languages BTW so not hard to imagine a few people of the previous generation not understanding certain parts of the anthem.................anyway judge for your self:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV9gbtX1-zA

Why only the first stanza?? you think im black? grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by konfused: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hbuyosh:

Which post?

Nairobi population living in slums is 52%, and slums occupy just 6% of the total Nairobi population.

Tell me which major city in Africa, in the sSahara in particular has no slums?

U and konfused claim that your perspective regarding Kenya shifted when u saw the reports about the country, referencing the slums, as tho u were unaware that slums exist in Kenya, as though u are unaware that slums exist in SAfrica, as though u are unaware that slums exist in tge US.

U both are being dishonest about your alleged hitherto high regards for Kenya, dented by the sorry sights of the things u claim u saw on the Cnns and Aljazeeras ( as tho it was your first time).

What I can divine from your sentiments is secret jealousy against Kenya, coupled with schadenfreude for seeing the bad side of Kenya being put on display to the whole world, consoling yourselves that your Nigeria is not that bad, or rather the only messed up country after all.

But nobody has said that your country is bad, except that u cld have done better.

Dude, you erroneously misunderstand me. kenya, Kenya, Kenya, I always hear about Kenya, when I stumbled on this thread and read everything being said about kenya, I now had this notion that this kenya must be a very beautiful country, but what I saw.......dude, hapuwa, we all are Africans, if you come to Nigeria and see places that are beautiful, you will marvel, but you can never see Nigerians brag about it, so chillax, we should all hold our leaders responsible. I bet you, if not for Apartheid rule and whites in SA, that country would have been a sh!thole.

So relax your oars we are not in a war of words of which country is better.....there are even slums in America, so what else are we talking about.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2017
NairobiWalker:

One of those countries had it's debt written off 10 years ago. It's already accumulated a debt 18% of its GDP since then yet dares boast about low debt to GDP ratio.
TRASH.........stop saying what u don't know.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
EAC. Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
jln115:

Ras Dumisani has lived in France since like fvcking 1990 or something nobody even new he existed in SA. ALSO it was the French that got him to sing the anthem......Its the responsibility of the host nation to provide a proper singer for the national anthem.

Trevor never confirmed anything.....he's a comedian and made a joke of the stereotypical few(as comedians do) that don't understand certain parts of the anthem.....which consist out of 5 languages BTW so not hard to imagine a few people of the previous generation not understanding certain parts of the anthem.................anyway judge for your self:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV9gbtX1-zA

Why only the first stanza?? you think im black? grin grin

Ras was joking really but we can blame the weed. Is it strictly that you must sing the stanzas in their specific languages? If so then all generations will struggle. The crowd singing the anthem was awesome esp the SOUTH AFRICA part. Nuh, I dont think you're black, I know you are what Nigerians call oyinbo cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
EAC.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2017
konfused:

Dude, you erroneously misunderstand me. kenya, Kenya, Kenya, I always hear about Kenya, when I stumbled on this thread and read everything being said about kenya, I now had this notion that this kenya must be a very beautiful country, but what I saw.......dude, hapuwa, we all are Africans, if you come to Nigeria and see places that are beautiful, you will marvel, but you can never see Nigerians brag about it, so chillax, we should all hold our leaders responsible. I bet you, if not for Apartheid rule and whites in SA, that country would have been a sh!thole.

So relax your oars we are not in a war of words of which country is better.....there are even slums in America, so what else are we talking about.

And u havent answered the question. Are all these pictures of, and info about Kenya false? Isnt US highly developed on tge account of the inner city ghettos , do the squalid slums in Joburg or C. Town make SA less of an upper- middle income country?

Just answer those.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ras was joking really but we can blame the weed. Is it strictly that you must sing the stanzas in their specific languages? If so then all generations will struggle. The crowd singing the anthem was awesome esp the SOUTH AFRICA part. Nuh, I dont think you're black, I know you are what Nigerians call oyinbo cheesy
Ras was definitely high as fvck.....but he was invited to sing the anthem on one of our local radio stations.....and behold he sung his made up version just as he did in France!!

The SA anthem consist out of 1st Stanza Xhosa 2nd Stanza Zulu 3rd Sesotho 4th Afrikaan 5th English In that order no stanza can be sung in another language or interchanged, that's how it is!!

And actually 90% of SAn know the anthem by hart..........BUT the majority don't entirely understand what they are singing when it's a verse/stanza that's not their home language, hell even i don't know word for word what im singing in Zulu, Xhosa.....the Sotho part i understand a bit more since i understand Tswana(sort of) which is closely related!

all Schools sing the National anthem either every morning before school OR at least once a week before assembly!! So it was basically drilled in to me as a kid.....wouldn't forget it even if i tried!!

And yes i guess im a oyinbo.......well one whos family has been in Africa for hundreds and hundreds of years anyway!!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 9:40pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ibadan
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
freshest4live:

The purpose of Eko Atlantic is to create a home for Nigerians in diaspora who would love to come settle and invest at home, as well as for other foreign investors. For this purpose, Eko Atlantic would have constant power supply and all that would make business run smoothly right at the heart of lagos, economic capital of west africa.
Abuja may not have as many sky scrappers as Nairobi, but it is far from being less developed.
the main purpose of EAC is to protect V.I from surging ocean waves of the Atlantic ocean. so, in order to protect V.I, we had to create a kinda revetment. then LASG had an idea, " why don't we reclaim some lands from the atlantic ocean before revetment? ". don't wanna say much, abeg.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hbuyosh:

And u havent answered the question. Are all these pictures of, and info about Kenya false? Isnt US highly developed on tge account of the inner city ghettos , do the squalid slums in Joburg or C. Town make SA less of an upper- middle income country?

Just answer those.
forget about it.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2017
shervydman:
forget about it.
Mhhh, felt like just letting them be.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hbuyosh:

Mhhh, felt like just letting them be.
better that way. wink

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
jln115:

Ras was definitely high as fvck.....but he was invited to sing the anthem on one of our local radio stations.....and behold he sung his made up version just as he did in France!!

The SA anthem consist out of 1st Stanza Xhosa 2nd Stanza Zulu 3rd Sesotho 4th Afrikaan 5th English In that order no stanza can be sung in another language or interchanged, that's how it is!!

And actually 90% of SAn know the anthem by hart..........BUT the majority don't entirely understand what they are singing when it's a verse/stanza that's not their home language, hell even i don't know word for word what im singing in Zulu, Xhosa.....the Sotho part i understand a bit more since i understand Tswana(sort of) which is closely related!

all Schools sing the National anthem either every morning before school OR at least once a week before assembly!! So it was basically drilled in to me as a kid.....wouldn't forget it even if i tried!!

And yes i guess im a oyinbo.......well one whos family has been in Africa for hundreds and hundreds of years anyway!!

hehe, whats up with Ras? Isnt he proud of his SA heritage? Its possible he sings the SA anthem in rasta lingo and you guys just wontt get it. Your anthem is outstanding and ridiculous at the same time. When you switch between stanzas one may be forgiven for thinking its a new song.

I think its universal to brainwash schoolkids every morning with the national anthem. It was the same for my early primary school days. They had to make sure you can sing the entire anthem. In fact, failing to recite the whole anthem was sometimes treated as a sign of 'growing horns' grin

lol so you're white, that reminds me I had a white RSA friend back in the days who came visiting with my aunt, who was then working with a south african bank. He was with his mum, who was a close friend to my aunt and a certain Namibian lady. We did a lot of safari
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
Shaytun:
Ibadan

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
Kenyan made ferry recently exported to Uganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

hehe, whats up with Ras? Isnt he proud of his SA heritage? Its possible he sings the SA anthem in rasta lingo and you guys just wontt get it. Your anthem is outstanding and ridiculous at the same time. When you switch between stanzas one may be forgiven for thinking its a new song.

I think its universal to brainwash schoolkids every morning with the national anthem. It was the same for my early primary school days. They had to make sure you can sing the entire anthem. In fact, failing to recite the whole anthem was sometimes treated as a sign of 'growing horns' grin

lol so you're white, that reminds me I had a white RSA friend back in the days who came visiting with my aunt, who was then working with a south african bank. He was with his mum, who was a close friend to my aunt and a certain Namibian lady. We did a lot of safari

Your not wrong, the anthem is a combination between the nkosi sikelel iafrika hymn and Die Stem(old anthem), it is the only neo-modal national anthem in the world which means it ends in a different key to which it started

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ibadan.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
Weve managed to bring this thread back to life.
The Nigerian spirit.. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Kenyan made ferry recently exported to Uganda.
cool......does ur govt patronize the manufacturer?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Shaytun:
Weve managed to bring this thread back to life.

The Nigerian spirit.. grin
back to life from where?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 20, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Thats massive. 4 stanzas, ours is just 3. What happens to the non-Zulus, Xhosas, Sothos ? Are they forced to sing those parts>? Now I see why most SAns cant learn their anthem well. Lets be honest the lyrics are nicely compiled but the choice of some languages over others was ridiculous. Plus I know you cant sing it all cheesy
Having it in 4 stanzas is as short as it can get,it would have been TOO long if it was composed in all 11 official languages.Tayser,SA languages are interrelated,Sothos,Tswana and Pedi have common ancestry,meaning they are a same language but different dialect.There is also Swati,Ndebele which fall under the same group as Zulu and Xhosa,collectively they are called Unguni languages.

There are two groups which I feel are left out tho and that is Venda and Tsonga,the two entities are quite difficult to understand.apart from the two aforementioned I think everyone is covered.lol I can sing it all too well and very loud Tayser!! cool .I can't mess up one of the most electrifying national anthem in the world.You have 3 official languages in Kenya?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 6:17am On Aug 20, 2017
shervydman:

the main purpose of EAC is to protect V.I from surging ocean waves of the Atlantic ocean. so, in order to protect V.I, we had to create a kinda revetment. then LASG had an idea, " why don't we reclaim some lands from the atlantic ocean before revetment? ". don't wanna say much, abeg.
Correct, that was the reason, but they also came up with the idea to make it an ideal city for good business along the way, l read this in the past from some of their answers to questions, the type of question asked by mtis, as to why it has to be built for the rich.
It was an afterthought, but you are spot on about the initial purpose of Eko Atlantic, and the wall of Lagos built to protect the city and the lsland.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 20, 2017
freshest4live:

Correct, that was the reason, but they also came up with the idea to make it an ideal city for good business along the way, l read this in the past from some of their answers to questions, the type of question asked by mtis, as to why it has to be built for the rich.
It was an afterthought, but you are spot on about the initial purpose of Eko Atlantic, and the wall of Lagos built to protect the city and the lsland.
sure, that's right.....don't bother urself with the Kenyans. they're inconsequential.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2017
Kenya random

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2017
KENYA CULTURE

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2017
KENYA INFRASTRUCTURE

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2017
Srious question here ...if ya have names like Afonjas and Flantinos at Nairaland then what do we call the hausa peeps from the north grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.