Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:28 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6305340 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
shadowhunter15:

You seem to very combative and aggressive for no reason. Okay, your country is well ahead of Nigeria. Congrats? When is it reaching first world status that it will start changing the perception of Africa? Please educate us on what your country is doing well so that other African Nations can emulate grin.

You must be on your p's, you are really shitting left right and Centre.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
KingGBsky:

Socio media and intellectual gatherings is the key.
We must start with talking. Telling others about this event. Try our best in including the girls and women. The women believes mostly on the youths than the old people who they know continue to say thesame thing over the years.
I will come up with the website or if any of you can get an old website that is already funtional, then we can procure it amd start now. We need to start building it and more importantly getting audience and making more and more people aware of the new revolution.
If we start now successfully. Before 2030 the youths all over Africa must have taken over government.
This is a dream that desires much hard work and dedication.
If we the youths spend so much time online on daily basis then lets use thesame time to develop our collective goal to taken over government all over Africa where the young and intelligent minds can transform Africa into a paradise that would be an envy to the entire world.
Lets make Africa a visiting place rather than an exploiting region.
My brothers if we can achieve this even the blacks in america and in europe will be proud to call themselves Africans rather than African American.

Several countries are already practising this (including the women and youth in daily running of the country). In Kenya it is enshrined in the constitution... There has to be a certain percentage of appointment in favour of youth and women, it also affects govt contracts. Kenya is yet to perfect on this but we can make it better. By sharing more with other countries we can make it much better.

Discussion on African free trade was initiated in 2015, we are in 2018 bro. There is time to talk and time to put it into practice.. we can talk later on where to improve but we have to start somewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
Woah, this page added 300 pages grin.
I apologize for anything my younger sister @shadowhunter15 said. She has an unnecessary grudge against Kenyans and when I mentioned I was going back to this thread her big mouth showed up.
How is everyone
Please go easy on her she's barely 18

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
You must love this city

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ttipsy(f): 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
samsobo24:
You must love this city
Lagos (eko) Atlantic city I guess ??

lovely

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Okay grin

Other than hunting, how is Ramaphosa doing economically speaking?
To early to call but the international community has responded positively to Ramaphosa's presidency!!

Just FYI Ramaphosa is huge the in Game and hunting industry and has literally invested millions(and Made millions) in the Game breeding market!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Are there animals exempt from the hunt tho? Do they hunt rhinos for example?
As i said before, it depends if you can get a permit......would be very difficult to get a permit for a (White) Rhino now, considering the numbers that are being poached but certainly not impossible.

Fortunately besides our White Rhino population, our game population has been(and still is) growing at a rapid rate, thus you can pretty much hunt anything you want, Only Wild Dog and Black Rhino(that i know of) are specially protected and are illegal to hunt.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
jln115:

To early to call but the international community has responded positively to Ramaphosa's presidency!!

Just FYI Ramaphosa is huge the in Game and hunting industry and has literally invested millions(and Made millions) in the Game breeding market!
This is bad news for elephants not just within SA. Only one poacher-friendly country is enough to trigger a killing frenzy ...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2018
Muafrika2:

This is bad news for elephants not just within SA. Only one poacher-friendly country is enough to trigger a killing frenzy ...
I don't get your point? How is SA a poacher friendly country?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 12:57am On Mar 26, 2018
Let's Explore Abuja, Nigeria. Its a city unique with its aesthetics and standard roads

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 1:03am On Mar 26, 2018
Abuja city

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 1:20am On Mar 26, 2018
Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 1:24am On Mar 26, 2018
shadowhunter15:
My only other question is is there a Kenyan site where Nigerians are in Kenya's business like this lol? What's the point on going on a nairaland forum and acting shocked when Nigerians defend their country. What's the point on going on a Nigerian forum and berating Nigeria 24/7. You guys keep saying you want to change your subject but you can't. You need to prove to Nigeria that your country is better, but why? Most Nigerians here wouldn't be visiting Kenya. There is no purpose? Why is it so important to prove that your country is better? Are you getting paid to promote tourism in Nigeria ? You claim you are here to defend your country from Nigerians, but to be bluntly honest Kenya hardly gets mentioned in nairaland. Nigerians are too busy cursing Nigeria left and right to really think of other African Nations like that. If you want an honest and objective debate why not try the Nigerians actually living in Kenya? I don't even think Nigerians think of African countries like that aside from SA and the ones nearby. I would imagine this is the same with Kenya, so why so many of you guys here?
For all the Kenyans here, no offense but what's the point of berating Nigerians in Nigeria? You guys claim its to fix their delusions and arrogance, but what's the point? Most of them wouldn't suddenly change their mind as evidenced by how long this thread is.

Lol u just said the truth... We have tried telling them over and over again that we are too busy worrying about ourselves to care about them..
honestly until that KenyaVSNigeria Twitter beef (which also gave birth to this thread), a lot,if not all Nigerians gave no sh1t about Kenya.... Kenyan news were even seen as a source of comic relief on nairaland grin ..

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 1:26am On Mar 26, 2018
A city of attractions

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 1:32am On Mar 26, 2018
samsobo24:
Abuja

I'm telling u bro,I will soon leave Lasgidi for Abuja grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 1:32am On Mar 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 5:37am On Mar 26, 2018
samsobo24:
You must love this city

Eko Atlantic City!!
Wow.. stunning.. this city's going to be more beautiful than Cape Town or any other South African city. Nigeria needs more cities like this.

What happened to Centenary City in Abuja?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai0qlFqCwoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7sWSzoEWSw
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by sHOTdownHawk: 6:40am On Mar 26, 2018
Danielnino00:

Lol u just said the truth... We have tried telling them over and over again that we are too busy worrying about ourselves to care about them..
honestly until that KenyaVSNigeria Twitter beef (which also gave birth to this thread), a lot,if not all Nigerians gave no sh1t about Kenya.... Kenyan news were even seen as a source of comic relief on nairaland grin ..

That comic relief Part is true. But whats also True is Nigerians love gossipping. Just like the rest of humanity love breathin oxygen.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 7:55am On Mar 26, 2018
sHOTdownHawk:

That comic relief Part is true. But whats also True is Nigerians love gossipping. Just like the rest of humanity love breathin oxygen.

Nah,we don't love gossiping... we just love humour.. grin grin...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2018
jln115:
I don't get your point? How is SA a poacher friendly country?
Hunting of game.

The effect is like the temporary lifting of ban on ivory. It always results in an upsurge of poaching. The illegal trophies are passed off as originating in the area where the ban is lifted.That's why South Africa is poacher friendly ..

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 26, 2018
Muafrika2:

Hunting of game.

The effect is like the temporary lifting of ban on ivory. It always results in an upsurge of poaching. The illegal trophies are passed off as originating in the area where the ban is lifted.That's why South Africa is poacher friendly ..

My friend you are seriously very uneducated when it comes to hunting and conservation in general....and i say that respectfully.

Hunting and poaching are worlds apart.... But unfortunately some individuals are blissfully ignorant to that fact.

Since we lifted the ban on Rhino horn trade our Rhino poaching has decreased substantially, we flooded the market with rhino horn thus increasing supply and dropping the price making it much less profitable for poachers. Farmers have also now specifically started breeding Rhino for thier horn, thus giving them even more economic value which farmers can exploit legally. From January this year till now only around 12 Rhino have been poached, last year the same time the figure was 30 times.... Yes 30 times higher in the same period.

You see hunting is the best conservation tool one could get........ Just look at the facts, Africa's 2 most sort after hunting destinations Namibia an SA have more heads of game than the entire Africa combined.

Its thanks to hunting in the first place that that the Rhino population recovered.

Since 1980 when SA started promoting hunting our game population grew from a mere 400000 to over 21 million in 2013(and still growing by 30% pa) including saving many species from extinction like the White and black Rhino, Sable, bontebok etc ext.

Kenya however banned all hunting in the 80s and the consequences was that Kenya lost nearly half of all their game(85% of her elephant) from over 1 million in 1980 to less than 700000 in the 2010s

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 26, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Not for pilgrimage but maybe to open a new branch or to spit hellfire. You came for a break huh? And exported trainers !!!! What exactly are you saying, did you leave some your friends here? Who and on what field exactly are/were they training? Because from your pics you dint looked anything close !

ok what about this

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 9:40am On Mar 26, 2018
Wats the average age of people Nairaland? lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 26, 2018
eko atlantic progress

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 26, 2018
masterplan

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:26am On Mar 26, 2018
jln115:

My friend you are seriously very uneducated when it comes to hunting and conservation in general....and i say that respectfully.

Hunting and poaching are worlds apart.... But unfortunately some individuals are blissfully ignorant to that fact.

Since we lifted the ban on Rhino horn trade our Rhino poaching has decreased substantially, we flooded the market with rhino horn thus increasing supply and dropping the price making it much less profitable for poachers. Farmers have also now specifically started breeding Rhino for thier horn, thus giving them even more economic value which farmers can exploit legally. From January this year till now only around 12 Rhino have been poached, last year the same time the figure was 30 times.... Yes 30 times higher in the same period.

You see hunting is the best conservation tool one could get........ Just look at the facts, Africa's 2 most sort after hunting destinations Namibia an SA have more heads of game than the entire Africa combined.

Its thanks to hunting in the first place that that the Rhino population recovered.

Since 1980 when SA started promoting hunting our game population grew from a mere 400000 to over 21 million in 2013(and still growing by 30% pa) including saving many species from extinction like the White and black Rhino, Sable, bontebok etc ext.

Kenya however banned all hunting in the 80s and the consequences was that Kenya lost nearly half of all their game(85% of her elephant) from over 1 million in 1980 to less than 700000 in the 2010s

Sometimes,people don't understand because THEY SIMPLY CAN'T! Having someone break away from years of subtle brainwashing and programming is like teaching Croatian to a a squirrel-anyway best of luck breaking down the facts and figures.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
kikuyu1:

Sometimes,people don't understand because THEY SIMPLY CAN'T! Having someone break away from years of subtle brainwashing and programming is like teaching Croatian to a a squirrel-anyway best of luck breaking down the facts and figures.
I agree whole heartedly but what irks me the most is that people sit behind the keyboard on their so called moral high ground condemning hunters yet munching a big mac doing absolutely nothing with regard to conservation.......but they call themselves animal lovers!!

Also its never my intention to bash Kenya, but considering that when Kenya banned hunting in 1977 was also the time SA really started promoting hunting I always use it when these type of debates pop up!!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
nwoke37:
Wats the average age of people Nairaland? lol
Lol, don't be surprised if I tell u that majority of monikers u see frequently on NL are in their late teens and early 20s, no knowledge whatsoever on them, just rants on rants is what u gain from them. I once had an encounter with someone very long ago n I was trying to make him understand my view but he wouldn't get my point, all he does was to use cuss word without any substance in his argument, I later found out that he was just 16years when he opened a thread concerning admission to d uni, I just dey shake head for myself that day. One of d reasons I don't like to argue for long with people again. Once I've seen the person's intellectual capacity through their perspective, I may decide to go on or drop d argument.

The matured, intelligent people on this forum don't roam around and they're not much.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
sHOTdownHawk:

Lol, u're on a public forum n complaining of gossip. undecided.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by sHOTdownHawk: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
shervydman:

Lol, u're on a public forum n complaining of gossip. undecided.

If its public forum, why complain when others who not nigerian join in . Expecially on a thread about Kenya, or SA, Ghana. Enjoy that comic relief about others, soon everyone will view nigeria as a joke too, if not already...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
jln115:

Is this your way of saying that your open hunting has no negative effect on the rest of Africa's conservation efforts? undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
kikuyu1:

Please, face me with your facts

... without getting unnecessarily worked up if you can,

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.