Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,555 members, 7,926,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 06:42 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6445620 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 7:17am On Jun 02, 2018
obaaderemi:
That alone should shame them. They remind me of Shakespeare's Macbeth who likened himself to a big bear attacked by several dogs all at the same time.
Lol.but you guys are bad oo...se the way una finish these niggas lools kudos to u guys joor. They can't defeat us bro. God bless u all.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

Botswana is a very small country by population with a lot of rescources. They should be doing far better than they are now.

Angola which is comparatively bigger, I do not see anything special about them. They are not that developed.

Kenyans are still learners when it comes to tribalism.

Nigeria's tribalism led to a civil war that claimed about 3 million lives.
Thousands of lives are being lost every year in Nigeria due to ethnic and religious clashes.
Do you know that there are Nigerian cities that are polarized by religion? Muslims live on one side and christians on the other side? Has the division in Kenya reached that extent?
Do you know how many Nigerian towns and cities have been burnt to the ground due to ethnic and religious clashes?

Nigeria was Britain's experiment. We were never supposed to be a country.
Before colonization, the different Kingdoms that make up Nigeria were at war with each other. Some were trying to islamize the others.

Save for Ethiopia, I don't think there is another country in Africa or even the world where different warring Kingdoms and empires were amalgamated into one single country. Ethiopia wasn't even amalgamated like Nigeria.

Imagine Kenya being one country with Sudan, Somalia, Rwanda, Burundi and Ethiopia. Imagine how chaotic it would be. That is what Nigeria is like.

It's unimaginable that you would ignore the effect of a civil war that claimed millions of lives and burnt down many cities and towns to the ground, displaced many more millions, coupled with decades of military rule AND you will call them common excuses.

Excuses after excuses... Just move outside your village and understand how other Countries are...

Anyway am also Tired of this urguements

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2018
obaaderemi:
Wow, this is nice. Naija inspired. I wish a day comes when we have our own international standard sports goods company. Anyway, We have a good team and should do well at the world cup. But I still don't really know who will spearhead our attack. The issue of a standing 9 is important. And talking about Kenyans, I know they will cheer us. They are fond of us. What happens on nairaland stays on nairaland.

We already have a few indigenous sportswear companies like Owu,cone sport and Haggai.. about 90% of clubs in our league are sponsored by them.. our basketball team is also sponsored by AFA sports,another indigenous company... they are still at their infancy stage,but they will grow...we will soon see the Kenyan football team being kitted by one of them soon grin

As for our super eagles, I don't think we have a shortage of strikers.. we got Ighalo,Iheanacho and this new boy Simmy Nwankwo.. overall, the team looks good.. we just need the right balance...

the friendly against England today will reveal a lot...

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2018
obaaderemi:
How can there be so much disparity in the same land? The whites eat the fat of the land and throws the bones to the blacks of south Africa. This thing has angered me since I was a child watching clips of white south African soldiers shooting blacks. The whole world fought to stop apartheid but it lives on. The only change is blacks having political power. The whites have structured the land in a way to keep the blacks beneath them always. I read the book "Kaffir Boy" years ago and shed tears.

thats not true....whites have their slums too...hillbilly stuff...

interesting is,even when both are poor they still separate....

kiiiikikikikikiki.....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 10:27am On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

So, do you think you are making any difference here?

Just as Nairobi city proper has it's own county, Lagos city proper has it's own local government areas.
How on earth would someone join Ikorodu city to Lagos city for instance? They are different cities!

It takes hours from Ikorodu to certain parts of Lagos city and people in Ikorodu completely live their lives independent of Lagos city.

Is there a wall or international boundary that seperates Nairobi from Kiambu and other suburban counties?

Why should you be comparing a city with a state of different cities, are you nuts?

Compare Lagos city with Nairobi city or compare the entire Nairobi urban area to Lagos mega urban area, period.

What are you even going on about? City v City, Metro v Metro, whichever way you want Nairobi still thrashes Lagos. lol.

I also checked Nakuru in google maps and saw nothing impressive about the city.
Onitsha is a market city. A large chunk of it are markets and not residential homes.
Compare Nakuru with Enugu or Owerri. These are the more residential cities where Onitsha business people live.

Nakuru is a serene clean city that makes everyone who visits it fall in love with it.
......and what the hell do you mean by market city? lol. grin grin grin grin Some of the dumb excuses you people give. SMH. Are you trying to say the millions of people in Onitsha don't live in Onitsha but commute there on a daily basis? grin grin grin

Onitsha is a damn large city with over 1M people - whether it's a market city, mining city, school city, port city, toilet city, sex city or whatever dumb name you wish to give it, it doesn't deserve to be in the shape it is. That is a shame to the cities of Africa. You guys really need lessons in city planning - cities like Onitsha, Aba, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Kano et all are really depressing.

Enugu still has nothing on Nakuru other than size though it is a massive improvement from Onitsha.

Enugu
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724655_enuguslum1_jpeg44135297e945c466606d6caef1eae590
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 10:46am On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

Gosh! Do you have a coconut for a brain?

Is that not the same Umoja where people pay 10k shillings per month for single bedroom apartments in concentration camp houses?

http://www.ghafla.com/crisis-how-housing-in-nairobi-has-become-a-nightmare-for-millions-of-city-dwellers/

I also showed you houses from propertyPro.com and not only OLX

The problem with you is using online blogs to make your conclusions. Everywhere in the world, even in the USA, people complain about low quality housing and cities generally. I could find you a million blogs of Nigerians complaining of high rent in Lagos. BTW you seriously need to read a book. Lagos is the second most expensive city in Africa on housing - I wonder why you keep denying that.

You also realize your yearly payment of rent locks out many Nigerians from accessing decent housing. Most low class people can't pay a year's rent at once. How do you guys even survive? Me for example, I rarely stay in a single place for more than one year continuously due to the kind of job I do. - I can imagine myself paying a years rent in Nairobi then staying for 6 months, move to Mombasa, pay a year's rent stay for three months, move to Eldoret pay a years rent, stay for one month - what a loss? How's do low income people even live with that? No wonder you have so many old poorly maintained houses in your cities. Below is an article of Lagos resident complaining and demanding monthly rent pay.
http://www.informationng.com/2016/04/house-rent-should-be-paid-on-a-monthly-basis-and-affordable-to-all-fct-minister.html

This one here explains that your continous laments of Nairobi catering only for the rich is actually projecting the sufferings of Lagosians and Nigerians. Apparently, your leaders don't care about poor people's housing.
http://saharareporters.com/2018/05/16/lagos-govt-chasing-away-poor-rich-otodo-gbame-evictees-lament

You even pay 5 year rent for business premises? How do poor people survive in Nigeria seriously? You're making me realize Nigeria is even more messed up than I thought.

http://punchng.com/traders-lament-shun-karu-market-over-high-rent/

Just like I said, the Surulere prices you've been posting are false. A three bedroom house in Surulere costs an average of 1.5M Naira - paid annually.
https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/12/vacant-houses-high-rents-persist-lagos-abuja/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

Botswana is a very small country by population with a lot of rescources. They should be doing far better than they are now.

Angola which is comparatively bigger, I do not see anything special about them. They are not that developed.

Kenyans are still learners when it comes to tribalism.

Nigeria's tribalism led to a civil war that claimed about 3 million lives.
Thousands of lives are being lost every year in Nigeria due to ethnic and religious clashes.
Do you know that there are Nigerian cities that are polarized by religion? Muslims live on one side and christians on the other side? Has the division in Kenya reached that extent?
Do you know how many Nigerian towns and cities have been burnt to the ground due to ethnic and religious clashes?

Nigeria was Britain's experiment. We were never supposed to be a country.
Before colonization, the different Kingdoms that make up Nigeria were at war with each other. Some were trying to islamize the others.

Save for Ethiopia, I don't think there is another country in Africa or even the world where different warring Kingdoms and empires were amalgamated into one single country. Ethiopia wasn't even amalgamated like Nigeria.

Imagine Kenya being one country with Sudan, Somalia, Rwanda, Burundi and Ethiopia. Imagine how chaotic it would be. That is what Nigeria is like.

It's unimaginable that you would ignore the effect of a civil war that claimed millions of lives and burnt down many cities and towns to the ground, displaced many more millions, coupled with decades of military rule AND you will call them common excuses.

You do realize you're just explaining why Nigeria is so messed up?

The only reasons why countries develop are:-

1. Harmonious living amongst their people.

2. Culture of Discipline

3. Good management with low corruption.

4. Better resource management

You're simply telling us that your country has failed at all those.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

A large population and extreme ethno-religous diversity.

How many colonized countries above 80 million people and above are really progressive? India? Philippines? Congo? Ethiopia? Egypt? Indonesia? Bangladesh? Mexico?
As old as countries like Brazil and Mexico are, they are still third world middle income countries

Apart from Tanzania which was heavily Swahilized (unified) by Nyerere. Can you show me another country in the world which is divided into 2 different religions equally that is stable?
Religion split Sudan, It split India. It almost split Lebanon.

It is very unfair for someone to compare Gulf arabic countries of a few million people which are very small 100% sunni muslim arab countries under a single monarch with a heavily populated multi ethnic, multi religious and multi linguistic country with different monarchs and unrelated cultures.

1. Ethiopia was never colonized. That alone is enough reason to ignore you for getting a simple fact wrong. I decide to help you though.

2. One, there aren't so many countries in the world with 80 Million people and above but those that exist, most of them were once colonized. Basically most countries were once colonized in their history - another fact you got wrong. The British colonized US, Japan colonized large sections of China, The British colonized parts of China too (which are interestingly currently the richest parts of China), Britain was once colonized by the Roman empire (though Britain has less than 80M people), Brazil was a colony of portugal, Mexico was a colony of spain, Indonesia was colonized by the Netherlands, Egypt was colonized by Britain and so was India and Pakistan, Iran wasn;t recently colonized but historically it was repeatedly colonized by different foreign powers the most famous one being Alexander the great's Macedonia, The British Colonized Bangladesh, Phillipines was colonized by Spain and the USA, Vietnam was colonized by France and Germany was once colonized by the Roman Empire. Basically the only countries with over 80 million people that have no records of ever being ruled by an external power are Japan, Russia and Ethiopia. Once again, you provided false information due to lack of knowledge and ignorance and probably shi.t.ty education.

3. Apparently again there aren't many countries that are equally divided into two religions. Even Sudan that you quoted was not equally divided into two. The Muslims were the majority just like Kenya where the Christians are the majority but we have a sizeable Muslim number. For one, if Sudan had equal Muslim and Christians perhaps they wouldn't have separated since the Muslims wouldn't dominate the Christians the way the did forcing the division. In fact the only countries I know that are divided into two religions equally are Nigeria and Tanzania. This means your only example is Tanzania and Tanzania is very stable. You have no reason to face instability due to religion. Once again, you proved your ignorance and lack of knowledge.

4. Population is never a reason to be underdeveloped. Many highly populated countries are developed.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2018
He's thick headed but he'll still argue on!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2018
NairobiWalker2:

What are you even going on about? City v City, Metro v Metro, whichever way you want Nairobi still thrashes Lagos. lol.

Nakuru is a serene clean city that makes everyone who visits it fall in love with it.
......and what the hell do you mean by market city? lol. grin grin grin grin Some of the dumb excuses you people give. SMH. Are you trying to say the millions of people in Onitsha don't live in Onitsha but commute there on a daily basis? grin grin grin

Onitsha is a damn large city with over 1M people - whether it's a market city, mining city, school city, port city, toilet city, sex city or whatever dumb name you wish to give it, it doesn't deserve to be in the shape it is. That is a shame to the cities of Africa. You guys really need lessons in city planning - cities like Onitsha, Aba, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Kano et all are really depressing.

Enugu still has nothing on Nakuru other than size though it is a massive improvement from Onitsha.

Enugu
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3724655_enuguslum1_jpeg44135297e945c466606d6caef1eae590

I have honestly given up on these arguments, I have a very busy week ahead and won't be available to continue this.
I hope I have clearly proven my points to you and others following and those who will subsequently follow.

Enugu is far more beautiful than you think it is, just free your heart of bad blood and check out threads of Enugu here on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
NairobiWalker2:

The problem with you is using online blogs to make your conclusions. Everywhere in the world, even in the USA, people complain about low quality housing and cities generally. I could find you a million blogs of Nigerians complaining of high rent in Lagos. BTW you seriously need to read a book. Lagos is the second most expensive city in Africa on housing - I wonder why you keep denying that.

You also realize your yearly payment of rent locks out many Nigerians from accessing decent housing. Most low class people can't pay a year's rent at once. How do you guys even survive? Me for example, I rarely stay in a single place for more than one year continuously due to the kind of job I do. - I can imagine myself paying a years rent in Nairobi then staying for 6 months, move to Mombasa, pay a year's rent stay for three months, move to Eldoret pay a years rent, stay for one month - what a loss? How's do low income people even live with that? No wonder you have so many old poorly maintained houses in your cities. Below is an article of Lagos resident complaining and demanding monthly rent pay.
http://www.informationng.com/2016/04/house-rent-should-be-paid-on-a-monthly-basis-and-affordable-to-all-fct-minister.html

This one here explains that your continous laments of Nairobi catering only for the rich is actually projecting the sufferings of Lagosians and Nigerians. Apparently, your leaders don't care about poor people's housing.
http://saharareporters.com/2018/05/16/lagos-govt-chasing-away-poor-rich-otodo-gbame-evictees-lament

You even pay 5 year rent for business premises? How do poor people survive in Nigeria seriously? You're making me realize Nigeria is even more messed up than I thought.

http://punchng.com/traders-lament-shun-karu-market-over-high-rent/

Just like I said, the Surulere prices you've been posting are false. A three bedroom house in Surulere costs an average of 1.5M Naira - paid annually.
https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/12/vacant-houses-high-rents-persist-lagos-abuja/

Payment of annual and monthly rents both come with their pros and cons. You should do more research to understand that.

If you want a house for a period shorter than a year, you can have an agreement with your housing agent and you could pay for 6 months or 3 months. I have done that before.
Private ownership of houses is predominant in Nigeria and different house owners have their conditions at times, especially when the demand is high.

Yeah, if you continue to search on different sites and agencies, you will find far cheaper houses in Surulere. Some sites only host modern expensive houses while others host a different range as I have showed you time and over.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
NairobiWalker2:

You do realize you're just explaining why Nigeria is so messed up?

2. Culture of Discipline

You're simply telling us that your country has failed at all those.

No country is without it's struggles.
Some are just fortunate to be more uniform than others.
Uniformity creates a workable environment.
People of unlike minds may not always live in harmony.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

I have honestly given up on these arguments, I have a very busy week ahead and won't be available to continue this.
I hope I have clearly proven my points to you and others following and those who will subsequently follow.

Enugu is far more beautiful than you think it is, just free your heart of bad blood and check out threads of Enugu here on nairaland.

Which point have you proven? lol. grin grin grin grin I haven't seen any point other than you making absurd assertions that you can't prove. grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

Payment of annual and monthly rents both come with their pros and cons. You should do more research to understand that.

There is no pros in annual payment of rent buddy, absolutely no single pro. I know many people who can comfortably pay KES 15K per month but ask them to pay the whole amount for the year (180K) and they wouldn't.

If you want a house for a period shorter than a year, you can have an agreement with your housing agent and you could pay for 6 months or 3 months. I have done that before.
An 'agreement'. Pretty convenient but it goes without saying that a Landlord would agree a 3 month pay when somebody else is offering a whole year's pay. Considering you normally pay annually, I'm pretty sure most landlords come with a disclaimer that one has to strictly pay a year's rent before being allowed into the house. Anyway, you lie so much that's why you keep contradicting yourself.
Nowenuse:

Hahhaha grin I laugh in swahili !

No goddamn part of Nigeria pays rent monthly! Except a house on a short lease which is not common at all. Rent is paid per annum.

Just accept defeat. Your desperation is stinking to the high heavens.

Private ownership of houses is predominant in Nigeria and different house owners have their conditions at times, especially when the demand is high.
Why the sudden change of heart sir? Isn't you the same person who said this?
Nowenuse:

Hahhaha grin I laugh in swahili !

No goddamn part of Nigeria pays rent monthly! Except a house on a short lease which is not common at all. Rent is paid per annum.

Just accept defeat. Your desperation is stinking to the high heavens.

and your friend added this?
nelxxy:
my friend shut up. That's yearly rent. Here Nigeria, we dont pay rent monthly. It is very hard to find

Anyway, like I said before, you're the kind of person who can say anything as long as you want your argument to stand.

Yeah, if you continue to search on different sites and agencies, you will find far cheaper houses in Surulere. Some sites only host modern expensive houses while others host a different range as I have showed you time and over.

The sites you give me are all hoaxes my friend. Lagos is know for it's high rent. I search for rent in Surulere and all I get is in the range of 1M, 2M, 3M with a few costing 500k or 700K and considering much of Surulere is practically a slum then those 500K are probably the slummish ones. It is preposterous for you to post here a big maisonette with an air conditioner and a Pathfinder parked outside claiming it's low class housing in Nigeria costing 350k Naira per year - like, are you so stupid you think everyone is stupid? What kind of a low class person can afford to drive a Pathfinder in Africa? Be careful before you post some of the things you post here. Use some common sense. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
NairobiWalker2:

1. Ethiopia was never colonized. That alone is enough reason to ignore you for getting a simple fact wrong. I decide to help you though.

2. One, there aren't so many countries in the world with 80 Million people and above but those that exist, most of them were once colonized. Basically most countries were once colonized in their history - another fact you got wrong. The British colonized US, Japan colonized large sections of China, The British colonized parts of China too (which are interestingly currently the richest parts of China), Britain was once colonized by the Roman empire (though Britain has less than 80M people), Brazil was a colony of portugal, Mexico was a colony of spain, Indonesia was colonized by the Netherlands, Egypt was colonized by Britain and so was India and Pakistan, Iran wasn;t recently colonized but historically it was repeatedly colonized by different foreign powers the most famous one being Alexander the great's Macedonia, The British Colonized Bangladesh, Phillipines was colonized by Spain and the USA, Vietnam was colonized by France and Germany was once colonized by the Roman Empire. Basically the only countries with over 80 million people that have no records of ever being ruled by an external power are Japan, Russia and Ethiopia. Once again, you provided false information due to lack of knowledge and ignorance and probably shi.t.ty education.

3. Apparently again there aren't many countries that are equally divided into two religions. Even Sudan that you quoted was not equally divided into two. The Muslims were the majority just like Kenya where the Christians are the majority but we have a sizeable Muslim number. For one, if Sudan had equal Muslim and Christians perhaps they wouldn't have separated since the Muslims wouldn't dominate the Christians the way the did forcing the division. In fact the only countries I know that are divided into two religions equally are Nigeria and Tanzania. This means your only example is Tanzania and Tanzania is very stable. You have no reason to face instability due to religion. Once again, you proved your ignorance and lack of knowledge.

4. Population is never a reason to be underdeveloped. Many highly populated countries are developed.

I know all these things you wrote up here very well and more. I am a lover of history.
A good chunk of Ethiopia was occupied by the Italians and Ethiopia once fell to Italy, though for a short time.

Asides America which is around 400 years old, you didn't really show me any large country which is advanced, did you?

Sudan had a larger percentage of christians/Animists than Kenya have muslims. The south sudanese were also heavily united and occupied one uniform region.

Kenyan muslims are not united or share a common region or cultures. The Swahilis to the coasts and the Somalis to the north, very untypical of the south Sudanese. So you see that the analogy is not there.

Tanzania was heavily Swahilized (unified) under one language by Nyerere and tribal differences were enliminated.
Do you know that a Southern Nigerian feels like a complete stranger in Maiduguri for instance? No language, culture or religious similarity. A southern Nigerian feels more welcomed in Cameroon or Ghana than Northern Nigeria.
All Tanzanians speak one language.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
frer8:
He's thick headed but he'll still argue on!

Sure he is. He just doesn't get it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

No country is without it's struggles.
Some are just fortunate to be more uniform than others.
Uniformity creates a workable environment.
People of unlike minds may not always live in harmony.

That's exactly what I wanted you to realize so that next time a country performs better than Nigeria, you accept it's because you've underperformed rather than bringing up excuses like population, colonization, religion, civil war, ancient kingdoms, people not demolishing ancient houses and all the crappy excuses you've been giving on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
NairobiWalker2:

There is no pros in annual payment of rent buddy, absolutely no single pro. I know many people who can comfortably pay KES 15K per month but ask them to pay the whole amount for the year (180K) and they wouldn't.

An 'arrangement'. Pretty convenient but it goes without saying that a Landlord would agree a 3 month pay when somebody else is offering a whole year's pay. Considering you normally pay annually, I'm pretty sure most landlords come with a disclaimer that one has to strictly pay a year's rent before being allowed into the house. Anyway, you lie so much that's why you keep contradicting yourself.

Why the sudden change of heart sir? Isn't you the same person who said this?

and your friend added this?

Anyway, like I said before, you're the kind of person who can say anything as long as you want your argument to stand.

The sites you give me are all hoaxes my friend. Lagos is know for it's high rent. I search for rent in Surulere and all I get is in the range of 1M, 2M, 3M with a few costing 500k or 700K and considering much of Surulere is practically a slum then those 500K are probably the slummish ones. It is preposterous for you to post here a big maisonette with an air conditioner and a Pathfinder parked outside claiming it's low class housing in Nigeria costing 350k Naira per year - like, are you so stupid you think everyone is stupid? What kind of a low class person can afford to drive a Pathfinder in Africa? Be careful before you post some of the things you post here. Use some common sense. grin grin

It seems like English is your problem.

No agent or site will advertise a monthly rent for instance. Mind you, I never said any agent will accept monthly rent from you, however on special cases, you can appeal for a quarterly or halfyear pay.
I did this while I was in my final year in the university in Benin. I had only 6 months left till I graduated and my rent expired. I explained to my agent and he saw reasons with me and accepted my half year payment. This does not happen on normal occasions, they are exceptions. I wonder what part of this english is so hard for you.

Yes, annual rents come with an immunity of 3-6 months quit notice before you can be forcefully evicted from your appartment. So in a case where I loose my job and my rent expires at the same time. I have some period of grace. You do not have this privilege under monthly pay of rent, do you?
How do you guys even live thinking of paying your rent every month? What if your salary was delayed for that month by your employer, what happens?
In Nigeria, some people even delay their payment for many months by pleading, maybe after 6 months when the agent is tired of pleas, they are issued a quit notice and they enjoy another 6 months (making it 1 year free) before moving out grin Can that happen under monthly payment?

If you think those sites are all hoaxes, then why don't you contact the agencies and have a friend in Nigeria go and confirm for you if they are real? Or better still come down yourself to verify? Cos I do not know what other info I can give you asides that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
NairobiWalker2:

That's exactly what I wanted you to realize so that next time a country performs better than Nigeria, you accept it's because you've underperformed rather than bringing up excuses like population, colonization, religion, civil war, ancient kingdoms, people not demolishing ancient houses and all the crappy excuses you've been giving on this thread.

Some struggles are bigger and more overwhelming than others.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

I know all these things you wrote up here very well and more. I am a lover of history.
A good chunk of Ethiopia was occupied by the Italians and Ethiopia once fell to Italy, though for a short time.

No, I am not in a position to prove your love for history but one thing I can prove is, you don't know history. For one, if you knew, you wouldn't come up with your ridiculous assertion that no colonized country with over 80M people is doing better than Nigeria. You've probably googled this s**t about Ethiopia after I schooled you. Once more I school you, Ethiopia was not colonized. It was briefly occupied by Italians in 1936 - Occupation is not colonization. See? You don't know much history. You can google but it's easy to poke holes in someone who depends on google.

Asides America which is around 400 years old, you didn't really show me any large country which is advanced, did you?
Wow! You're really a special case aren't you? Now you're changing goal posts again like you always do. Now it's no longer about population and colonization but age of a country right? Anyway, most of the countries I mentioned are more progressed than Nigeria and the worst ones (India, Bangladesh, Pakistan et al) are at the same level with Nigeria. Let me name them for you - USA, Brazil, Germany, China, Mexico, Indonesia, Philipines, Egypt, Vietnam - they are all more economically progressed than Nigeria.

Sudan had a larger percentage of christians/Animists than Kenya have muslims. The south sudanese were also heavily united and occupied one uniform region.
I didn't say the ratios are exactly the same. I said the Sudan ratios aren't equal between Christian and Muslims like you claimed.

Kenyan muslims are not united or share a common region or cultures. The Swahilis to the coasts and the Somalis to the north, very untypical of the south Sudanese. So you see that the analogy is not there.

What are you trying to explain to me seriously? I prove to you stuff that you had no idea about and now you turn around and start lecturing me on the knowledge that I just gave you?

Tanzania was heavily Swahilized (unified) under one language by Nyerere and tribal differences were enliminated.
Do you know that a Southern Nigerian feels like a complete stranger in Maiduguri for instance? No language, culture or religious similarity. A southern Nigerian feels more welcomed in Cameroon or Ghana than Northern Nigeria.
All Tanzanians speak one language.

Like I told you before:-

2. Culture of Discipline

You're simply telling me that your country has failed at all those.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
It's the weekend!LET'S GO TO THE MALLS-Galleria shopping mall,Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

Some struggles are bigger and more overwhelming than others.

Actually you statement should read:- Some people are better at handling struggles than others.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
Garden City Mall along Thika Road.They have a huge parking lot!-Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
Thika Road Mall-Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nowenuse:

It seems like English is your problem.

No agent or site will advertise a monthly rent for instance. Mind you, I never said any agent will accept monthly rent from you, however on special cases, you can appeal for a quarterly or halfyear pay.
I did this while I was in my final year in the university in Benin. I had only 6 months left till I graduated and my rent expired. I explained to my agent and he saw reasons with me and accepted my half year payment. This does not happen on normal occasions, they are exceptions. I wonder what part of this english is so hard for you.
So how does this cra.p you posted explain the pros of annual rent pay if I may ask?

Yes, annual rents come with an immunity of 3-6 months quit notice before you can be forcefully evicted from your appartment. So in a case where I loose my job and my rent expires at the same time. I have some period of grace. You do not have this privilege under monthly pay of rent, do you?
In Kenya, there is a 3 months eviction notice so no. That's still not a pro, at least not worth it and it does not help poor people get housing either. Somebody who can raise KES 15K per month but can't raise KES 180K at once won't manage to raise 180K at once just because some 3 month immunity is offered.

How do you guys even live thinking of paying your rent every month? What if your salary was delayed for that month by your employer, what happens?
That's a question I should be asking you. You're straight out of college on your first job. Your salary is 100K Naira which is about the average salary for a fresh graduate in Nigeria. Annual rent in Sulurele is 700,000 Naira. How are you going to pay and you have nothing and you're straight from the University?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5268042_vllkyt19tgdgoda0j_f7c289ca_jpeg3652ec4a9ef8c663d68f7d22c67c10f1
https://www.naij.com/1103088-this-graduates-earn-nigeria-starting-salary.html

In Nigeria, some people even delay their payment for many months by pleading, maybe after 6 months when the agent is tired of pleas, they are issued a quit notice and they enjoy another 6 months (making it 1 year free) before moving out grin Can that happen under monthly payment?

Dude, you're not saying anything. Just accept annual rent is too expensive for low class people. Even here in Kenya people delay with rent, monthly rent, and it can go for several months depending on how linient your landlord is. But when you rent a house for the first time you must pay rent in full plus a deposit amount which is a percentage of the rent or a full months rent.

If you think those sites are all hoaxes, then why don't you contact the agencies and have a friend in Nigeria go and confirm for you if they are real? Or better still come down yourself to verify? Cos I do not know what other info I can give you asides that.

I have already confirmed to you several things. There is no way the house you posted can cost an equivalent of KES 8K per month and definitely no way it's a low class housing (with a Pathfinder parked outside). If that's 8K per month then what is the rent of this which represent what most of Lagos looks like?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
NairobiWalker2:

rent payment have it's pros n cons here, not all states n landlords accept annual rents at a go, some may decide to collect rents every month, some every quarter,some won't even mind to receive it irregularly as long as the rent is payed. It all depends on how it's negotiated with d landlord.

I don't know ur source stating surulere as practically a slum but it's not a slum and yes; Lagos rent is very high in Nigeria, there's no place in surulere that cost as high as 2m and above, it's around 600k for a 2br apartment per annum and a 3br may cost up to 1m.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2018
Yaya Centre -Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker2: 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
theenchanter:
rent payment have it's pros n cons here, not all states n landlords accept annual rents at a go, some may decide to collect rents every month, some every quarter,some won't even mind to receive it irregularly as long as the rent is payed. It all depends on how it's negotiated with d landlord.

I don't know ur source stating surulere as practically a slum but it's not a slum and yes; Lagos rent is very high in Nigeria, there's no place in surulere that cost as high as 2m and above, it's around 600k for a 2br apartment per annum and a 3br may cost up to 1m.

I said some parts of Surulere are basically slums based on the photos of Surulere I find online.
I might not know the exact rents in Surulere because I don't live there but when I search online, I find many houses going for over 2M.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
NairobiWalker2:

I said some parts of Surulere are basically slums based on the photos of Surulere I find online.
I might not know the exact rents in Surulere because I don't live there but when I search online, I find many houses going for over 2M.
don't bother with what u find online and no part of surulere is a slum. U can google search d slums in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
The Hub Karen-Kenya

(1) (2) (3) ... (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.