Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,950 members, 7,873,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1992) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6305739 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) (1993) (1994) (1995) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
All talk and no action. No be today baba. Its always Presidency to, State govt to, Senate to. Trust me, nothing will happen.

Daejoyoung:

We hope something comes out of this, and may justice prevail.

https://www.nairaland.com/4600509/senate-takes-action-death-female

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
kikuyu11:

No. Formerly it was but now its like everything else.....comparable to your national kola nut production!

[b]

Am also waiting for your response,for once without hiding behind Little In....s! Btw,even though this question is most likely a complete waste of time,why did you keep that up when you have 2.5x our own pop. plus yours are non citizens?
No you are wrong again,brother. Do you need me to show you proofs of how cement consumption in Kenya keeps dropping in a worrisome way? As to the Little Indian shiit, they may be many in Nigeria but not as influential as they are in Kenya. You know why?Nigerians from the middle ages have been more ingenious than Kenyans. Study our history before colonialism and you will understand. So our businessmen are bigger than the Indian businessmen in our midst. I will give you an example, the British controlled much of the information opened to Nigerians during colonialism through their media but in 1874 we established Nigeria's first newspaper and by 1959 established Africa's first TV station. I will give you another example: Nigeria's first bank was established in 1896 by a British businessman but but 1929 a Yoruba woman established Nigeria's first indigenous banks to challenge the foreigners. Read about king jaja of Opobo. Nigerian businessmen are just big from time immemorial. Many of Nigeria's Indians are Nigerian citizens, I went to primary and secondary school with many of them in Ibadan. So I am probably more exposed to Indians than you are grin. But fact is there is no way they can ever be as influential as they are in Kenya. I can give you many examples. This thread could have been used to learn a great deal about both countries but since we feel it should instead be used as a tool for insults, what can I say?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu11: 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
obaaderemi:
No you are wrong again,brother. Do you need me to show you proofs of how cement consumption in Kenya keeps dropping in a worrisome way? As to the Little Indian shiit, they may be many in Nigeria but not as influential as they are in Kenya. You know why?Nigerians from the middle ages have been more ingenious than Kenyans. Study our history before colonialism and you will understand. So our businessmen are bigger than the Indian businessmen in our midst. I will give you an example, the British controlled much of the information opened to Nigerians during colonialism through their media but in 1874 we established Nigeria's first newspaper and by 1959 established Africa's first TV station. I will give you another example: Nigeria's first bank was established in 1896 by a British businessman but but 1929 a Yoruba woman established Nigeria's first indigenous banks to challenge the foreigners. Read about king jaja of Opobo. Nigerian businessmen are just big from time immemorial. Many of Nigeria's Indians are Nigerian citizens, I went to primary and secondary school with many of them in Ibadan. So I am probably more exposed to Indians than you are grin. But fact is there is no way they can ever be as influential as they are in Kenya. I can give you many examples. This thread could have been used to learn a great deal about both countries but since we feel it should instead be used as a tool for insults, what can I say?

BS,I had the data showing how these non citizens along with Lebanese control manufacturing and shipping! I had so much truth you even got the mod to spam me for using the word I......a. Btw,remember the N Lebanese town built with Dangoteland money?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
Who wants one

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2018
kikuyu11:

[b]

Am also waiting for your response,for once without hiding behind Little In....s! Btw,even though this question is most likely a complete waste of time,why did you keep that up when you have 2.5x our own pop. plus yours are non citizens?

Deflection. He figured if he repeated little Indians long enough it may become true or he simply hates Indians. Whichever the case it exposes a deep rooted psychological issue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
gallivant:

Deflection. He figured if he repeated little Indians long enough it may become true or he simply hates Indians. Whichever the case it exposes a deep rooted psychological issue.
A mindset that believes, the Indians Chinese and Europeans are super humans
thats what they have

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke39: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
rvp2018:
There is no doubt that Nigeria is ahead of kenya in Nollywood/Music/Fashion.I was willing to grant Nigeria two more things - Banking & Cement Industry - but I think on both counts - you are regressing so baldy and Kenya is certainly ahead in banking & is catching up in cement industry. That leave Nigeria's Nollywood & Music are few things kenya can copy from Nigeria.

Kenya is way behind Nigeria in cement production... Not even South Africa can compete with Nigeria's production... In the next 2 to 3 years, Kenya will have to catch up to Nigeria in petrochemicals and fertilizer production...
In the next few years where the competition might be with Nigeria and Kenya will be in car production...

As you know around 90% of Nigeria's exports is crude oil..
Looking at the future(short-term) with current trends on ground, I predict a massive increase in cement, fertilizer,petrochemical, and perhaps agricultural exportation..

What about you?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke39: 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
rvp2018:
They are regressing - I think at some point they were at highs of 40M metric tonnes production - now it's down to 20M metric tonnes - with consumption at 18M metric tonnes. If the trend continues - they'll soon be at 10M metric tonnes - despite their urbanisation levels nearly twice kenya.

Dangote alone produces 20m metric tonnes of cement in Nigeria... where did u get ur stats?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Just30:
A mindset that believes, the Indians Chinese and Europeans are super humans
thats what they have
Did you follow the trend of the discussion or you just felt like supporting that idiot because of your hatred for Nigeria? I was proving to the other one,kikuyu1 that Indians are not as influential in Nigeria and by extension the whole of west Africa as they are in east Africa and especially Kenya. Why?Because Nigerian businessmen can hold their own against the Indian businessmen. But he had no answer to why the Indians dominate Kenyan business other to start saying Indians are also many in Nigeria. So now you see it is the Kenyans who have admitted Indian domination and also see that as better than Kenyans. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Litmus: 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
chrisooblog:

i follow this thread off and on i still insist this thread is tantamount to saying my broken down jalopy is better than yours. we are wasting time insulting ourselves because there are many challenges bedevilling our two countries to engage in debates that nobody is going to win. kenya is great and better in some aspects likewise nigeria is awesome and trumps kenya in certain respects. we need to collaborate and improve each in areas we are lacking. in asia you won't find chinese, japanese or koreans engaging in silly childish arguments.

i would employ all of us to use our smarts and time for more meaningful pursuits.

i dream of a developed africa that is peaceful, cultural and respectful to all people and their rights. God bless Nigeria Kenya Ghana Ethiopia South Africa whole of Mother and Humanity as a whole

You sound like a Nigerian. I am now going to look at your profile and old post to determine if you are.

Seems you are indeed a Nigerian. As a fellow Nigerian, although you may not want this advice, I would say forget that idea, concentrate on Nigeria alone.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
nwoke39:

Dangote alone produces 20m metric tonnes of cement in Nigeria... where did u get ur stats?
Don't mind that arseehole. I already showed them way back that there is absolutely no way in this world Little India can compete with Nigeria in terms of cement consumption. They just want to rehash the dickmeasuring Since they can see the thread is already flagging and without this thread, their lives are nothing. There was a young woman Timewilltell3 who actually scattered the stupid threadgrin That girl is like a train, even I have to take cover when she appears grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
KENYA RANDOM

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
naijalander:
NairobiWalker Kenyanstar TayserMahiri

I read a news last night about senior NYSC member who was murdered by cops because she drove past their check point around 3 am without stopping. A bullet hit her midriff. She bled to death at Garki Hospital in Abuja because the hospital refused to treat her without a poice report (past 3 am in the morning), with the same police officers demanding N50,000 (past 3 am in the morning) for the police report.

This is e apologizing for ever saying Nigeria is a better country than Kenya. Honestly I cried a bit last night and this morning, I feel so so so so so so so so sad. This lady did absolutely nothing wrong but she died anyway. I blame the hospital, the cops and every gaddman person in that GOD forsaken country!

Obaaderemi please let us face facts, Nigeria is not going anywhere, it'll take another civil war to even get to the level where Kenya is today. I can't remember the last time Kenyan cops shot at civilians for driving past their checkpoint. Nigeria is nation of f00ls, animals disguised as human beings, if Nigeria is such a wonderful place to be, why are our people leaving in droves?

[b]You are just seeing what I am saying. I knew nigeria was finished the 1980s when are lecturers and professors started running to other african countries. I could see that was a big problem because nobody lives is country and goes to another african country for a lesser paying job. If you see the amount of nigerians running to other african countries europe and north america is nothing. The biggest problem with we nigeria we know the truth both prefer to stick are heads in the sand and here lies. Let me tell you a story there was a nigerian boy he left nigeria at the age of 3 yes. He came back at the age of 42. He sold his house and his business abroad to come and invest in nigeria.so 2 years into the investment he started training people I'm trying to tell them the truth politicians got jealous and he went on radio telling lies about the boy. The next thing happens we nigerians are not stupidity we like lies we started fighting the boy one year later. The boy pack out to ghana today the boy is employing 1300 people in ghana and the people which were telling lies about him are now sending dear children to him for employment but he does not employ them. We nigerians are stupid we can never learn and will never learn . Since independence we had been doing the same thing our behaviour has been the same terrible but we want change. In the next five years somalia and syria will be better than us mark my words.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
obaaderemi:
Did you follow the trend of the discussion or you just felt like supporting that idiot because of your hatred for Nigeria? I was proving to the other one,kikuyu1 that Indians are not as influential in Nigeria and by extension the whole of west Africa as they are in east Africa and especially Kenya. Why?Because Nigerian businessmen can hold their own against the Indian businessmen. But he had no answer to why the Indians dominate Kenyan business other to start saying Indians are also many in Nigeria. So now you see it is the Kenyans who have admitted Indian domination and also see that as better than Kenyans. grin

More deflection. Your industry and shipping is controlled by Lebanese and Indians. If you need the data just ask.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
Who cares - about the colour or race of a person - except an idiot like you. If a nigerian came to kenya and started business there - Kenya economy win. One minute you're talking FDI - the next minute you're dicing the economy into tribal nonsense. Personally I wish Kenyan had more and more indians investors, tourists & proffesional. Look at Rwanda - a small country that is progressive - welcoming everyone - including those Nigerians trying to reach europe in leaking boats. That is how I wish kenyan can become - a progressive country that welcome investors. China become big - when it invited foreigners to come over and take advantage of their population. Indians and Whites in Kenya enjoyed historical advantage in nearly all facets of life - but black kenyans (if it matters) have progressively gotten better - just like Kenyan Indians have - and I am glad our gov made Indians one of our tribes.

The kind of retrogressive nonsense some of you post here belong to stone age. The more the economy is diverse - the better for everyone. How would that Yoruba woman know about banking - if it wasn't for the Briton. If kenya is more ethnically or racially diverse - it something to celebrate!

obaaderemi:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2018
Timewilltell3:

You are a weakling and a big fool than the woman who birthed you. Rubbish. You briafrans are an embarrass to Nigeria. Slaves.

I think you are the most stupidest person on this thread I don't think you have a brain at all somebody is saying the truth you are insulting him .you say he is a big embarrassment but in your case you are a disaster of destruction. At least that guy can reason you can't. You cannot see the country which you are in falling apart people being killed right left and centre what is the use you vote today tomorrow you're killed is that a normal country. See how we're being killed all over the world and you are happy.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
naijalander:
Obaaderemi did you see the news of the lawyer who was assaulted by SARS officers called on him by his own boss (who also happens to be a lawyer). If a lawyer (one who is meant to defend people's rights), one with years of experience can use the police to illegally assault a former employee over unpaid stipends, what good could possibly come out of Nigeria?

Honestly TayserMahiri, I take back everything I said, Nigeria is the number 1 shyt hole on the planet. End of Story.

And here I thought the FCT is the best run state in Naija. That was sad. But you notice that every country/state/city has its bad elements, the difference is the degree. Hopefully there is an uproar. Africans must learn to hold people to account, they must understand that wrong things wont go unpunished. Kenya also has its issues with the KNH for instance (the wrong surgeries, sexual assaults etc). But I think we go to great lengths to address such issues so that the culture of responsibility is slowly inculcated. The only exception is corruption where I think without the recent interventions by the authorities we were going to beat you very soon (your own game). There are other smaller issues that bedevil societies that sometimes is hard to know whether its unique to us or is everywhere. Just today I parked my car next to the highway near one of those kibandaskis a few meters past The Hub, Karen then this lady comes up to my window and asks me in heavily accented English what I need (I could tell shes kyuk from the accent lol). So I asked her why she speaks to me in English and she tells me so matter of factly that I dont look like speaking swahili. I asked her how do swahili speakers look like? Then she tells me she just knows from looking at me. I was a little confused, but something ran across my mind. We are very (insert any word here that means along the lines of class-ish). Anyway, we didnt talk much but I spoke to her in swahili (sheng actually) as I ordered some take away choma. Im not sure I think she felt embarrassed, delighted, surprised, all or indifferent.

Maybe this is the issue you have been talking about all along. We as a society are very classish (mentally). People want to look at you and decide how to deal with you from the word go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
obaaderemi:
yes i did
and as much as Indians are influential in Kenya , doesnt mean you guys should always use it as an excuse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
Absolutely right. Class thing is british inheritance. The British are just slightly better than Indian in having a caste system. Brit will judge another brit based on accent - not accomplishment or personality like say an American. For the Brits you either have pedigree or you don't. You either went to Eton or didn't. This more like India. The Brit systems historically was regimented - into classes - and that still persists. That is why most urbane Kenyans will instinctively think lowly of Nigerians when they start talking their bad pidgin English and horrible elucidation.
TayserMahiri:

And here I thought the FCT is the best run state in Naija. That was sad. But you notice that every country/state/city has its bad elements, the difference is the degree. Hopefully there is an uproar. Africans must learn to hold people to account, they must understand that wrong things wont go unpunished. Kenya also has its issues with the KNH for instance (the wrong surgeries, sexual assaults etc). But I think we go to great lengths to address such issues so that the culture of responsibility is slowly inculcated. The only exception is corruption where I think without the recent interventions by the authorities we were going to beat you very soon (your own game). There are other smaller issues that bedevil societies that sometimes is hard to know whether its unique to us or is everywhere. Just today I parked my car next to the highway near one of those kibandaskis a few meters past The Hub, Karen then this lady comes up to my window and asks me in heavily accented English what I need (I could tell shes kyuk from the accent lol). So I asked her why she speaks to me in English and she tells me so matter of factly that I dont look like speaking swahili. I asked her how do swahili speakers look like? Then she tells me she just knows from looking at me. I was a little confused, but something ran across my mind. We are very (insert any word here that means along the lines of class-ish). Anyway, we didnt talk much but I spoke to her in swahili (sheng actually) as I ordered some take away choma. Im not sure I think she felt embarrassed, delighted, surprised, all or indifferent.

Maybe this is the issue you have been talking about all along. We as a society are very classish (mentally). People want to look at you and decide how to deal with you from the word go.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
naijalander:
dickhole I am a Yoruba man.

Just gtfoh, follow the thread and you'll see I have been Nigeria's number one defender but after what happened to the Corp member yesterday, I am officially done defending this country, keep deceiving yourselves.

My brother welcome to reality you are not the only yoruba here I am also yoruba but I do not think and behave like most of them. Maybe because I was educated outside the country. When I visited my country and my hometown they were laughing at me calling me a foreigner because I did not behave like them but I am 100% from southwest and was born in southwest but on nairaland people do not want to hear the truth event in nigeria. Yoruba brother welcome to reality and the truth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
rvp2018:
Who cares - about the colour or race of a person - except an idiot like you. If a nigerian came to kenya and started business there - Kenya economy win. One minute you're talking FDI - the next minute you're dicing the economy into tribal nonsense. Personally I wish Kenyan had more and more indians investors, tourists & proffesional. Look at Rwanda - a small country that is progressive - welcoming everyone - including those Nigerians trying to reach europe in leaking boats. That is how I wish kenyan can become - a progressive country that welcome investors. China become big - when it invited foreigners to come over and take advantage of their population. Indians and Whites in Kenya enjoyed historical advantage in nearly all facets of life - but black kenyans (if it matters) have progressively gotten better - just like Kenyan Indians have - and I am glad our gov made Indians one of our tribes.

The kind of retrogressive nonsense some of you post here belong to stone age. The more the economy is diverse - the better for everyone. How would that Yoruba woman know about banking - if it wasn't for the Briton. If kenya is more ethnically or racially diverse - it something to celebrate!

There is a reason they call him Obaboon.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
rvp2018:
Absolutely right. Class thing is british inheritance. The British are just slightly better than Indian in having a caste system. Brit will judge another brit based on accent - not accomplishment or personality like say an American. For the Brits you either have pedigree or you don't. You either went to Eton or didn't. This more like India. The Brit systems historically was regimented - into classes - and that still persists. That is why most urbane Kenyans will instinctively think lowly of Nigerians when they start talking their bad pidgin English and horrible elucidation.

Is America any more different? They shoot niggaz every day for nothing.
Again, the difference could be the degree.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
kikuyu11:

Their consumption per capita is above ours? Really?

Are Population is 4 times kenya. So the truth of the matter if we were to compare with kenya we shoud be 4 times biger and better but that is not the case.in A lot of things kenya is better than us so are population is just for decoration.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by RSVP: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
My mention don suffer for una hand for dis thread nobi small ....

Dem don drag my azz tire for here.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
obaaderemi:

Long long time ago you are great now is the opposite most of our big business men I just killing the country a good example look at poverty look at people running away from the country. Most of this Investments are fantasies like elijah steel plant or like nigerian airways .the government survives by telling people lies. p&g was a good example it was all politics politics and politics today that the company is packing up where are the politicians. A lot of these rich nigerians destroy the country they are not going to build it look how dangote collapse the north of nigeria now he has brought poverty to the southern parts. their plan is to collapse as much industries and companies as possible and buy them up for peanuts let the taxpayers pay the debt.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
Mombasa Port-Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
The Nairobi ICD (Inland Container Depot)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
Mombasa Old Town-Swahili Architecture!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
Mombasa-English Point Marina

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2018
Vipingo-Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
Vipingo Ridge

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2018
Huduma Centres-Get all government services in one roof.From getting ID cards,passports,business registration,groups registrations,car licenses and any other service offered by the gov't. Huduma Centres has got many plaudits especially from the World Bank!This explains why we have dramatically improved on the ease of doing business list! Huduma is a Swahili word which translates to "Service'

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) (1993) (1994) (1995) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.