Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,780 members, 7,938,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:07 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6472427 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2018
The World's First Black Female Phd Holder in Nuclear Physics.

Fridah Mokaya from Kenya,

She did her research in the field of Experimental Nuclear and Hadronic Physics, using an atom's Nucleus as her laboratory at UConn.

This at an opportune time when Kenya has identified Nuclear energy as a necessity rather than a choice.

Only black female in her class.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

So when you are providing education to your populace you look at the absolute numbers and thank yourselves?

Nigerian logic. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

The second photo was taken in Nigeria during the Biafra war. The third one just recently in Boko Haram's territory in the hotbed north. No disrespect to the unfortunate kids.

I told you desperation has killed a few people and you might be next

He just made a mockery of his own countrymen, ...it's high time to stop posting this horrible pics of innocent people no matter where they come from
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Nice analysis bro.

Is the Nigerian population setup showing any signs of transitioning? That baby factory needs a break grin

Population growth is at almost 4% while GDP growth is 1or2%, that's a minus on GDP per capita
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kur17:

He just made a mockery of his own countrymen, ...it's high time to stop posting this horrible pics of innocent people no matter where they come from

The worst part is he probably knew they were Nigerian kids.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kur17:

Population growth is at almost 4% while GDP growth is 1or2%, that's a minus on GDP per capita

Have they picked up the pace cos as at 2016 we were tying at 2.6 %. Tanzanians were more potent baby makers at 3.1 %.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Nice analysis bro.

Is the Nigerian population setup showing any signs of transitioning? That baby factory needs a break grin

My dude! We'll be abducted by aliens before that happens!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nairobi Programmer Edition.

Cool artwork you could use for phone lockscreen cool

https://okekedesigns.squarespace.com/

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Have they picked up the pace cos as at 2016 we were tying at 2.6 %. Tanzanians were more potent baby makers at 3.1 %.

BTW I'm sorry Nigeria produce babies at a rate of 5.6%
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/nigeria-population/&ved=2ahUKEwih6I7IuYHdAhUJfxoKHYWODSsQFjABegQIDBAE&usg=AOvVaw0Kv0Bea7dk-tuir5S3eMHG
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yobeezy:
Where are the self acclaimed useless giants? grin

They are licking their wounds with the Tanzanians.grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
obaaderemi:

What more do you want me to add to the lengthy points on the distinction between the kinds of autonomy a country like Taiwan enjoys and that of an enclave like Catalonia, which you brought up?There's enough said on that already.
You made this statement below to contradict a point I made:
obaaderemi:
And my friend, when you use the word "Autonomy" in politics you are referring to independence. grin Hong Kong makes its own laws and has its own economy complete with an independent bourse. For all intents and purposes, Hong Kong is an independent country.
It's meaning is clear as day. Had you even perhaps referred to only Hong Kong, you'd still have been wrong, but not ridiculously wrong, since Hong Kong's autonomy comes with unique benefits of only independent nations like its currency, but it still lacks the sovereignty of an independent nation. But you made a generalized claim that "the word autonomy refers to independence". Which is arrant nonsense. And then rambled on with irrelevant points about how Scotland etc don't have their own currency, as if anyone was ever arguing about that. What does all that have to do with the simple fact that autonomy and independence are not the same thing?

This is of course the silliest thing you've said so far,Charlie. grin Can you kindly point out where me or any other Nigerian has pointedly failed to acknowledged the UN hdi and its ranking of Kenya over Nigeria?What we have said and which you yourself had acknowledged in the past is that the reason for that slight difference is the fact [b]that Nigeria is a far bigger country than Kenya.[/b]I am beginning to believe talking from both sides of your mouth is your thing. The contention here is that why is it easy for you, Sir to disregard such indexes when they favor your country? Like the university ranking thing and the corruption index. At times like that, you easily accept that the methodologies are wrong. SMH.

The very central theme to this thread is that Kenya is a more developed nation than Nigeria. Your Nairaland existence since then has been almost entirely devoted to contradicting that. If by a host of metrics about HDI, poverty rate, literacy rate, inequality, life expectancy, infant mortality etc Kenya consistently outperforms Nigeria in most international metrics, what then are you even arguing about here, or do you simply enjoy reading yourself? Because if you "acknowledge" those things as you claim, then the entire premise of extending this thread interminably makes no sense. Is Kenya more developed than Nigeria or not?

But,Sir. You've also been on this thread for ages and you have not been here throwing flowers either. grin How do you manage this kind of hypocrisy? That shot is cheap indeed coming from you.To be honest with you, your post would have been ignored by me if not for the two points I bolded in your post which are 1.Hong Kong wants nothing to do with China. Which to the best of my knowledge, you have now corrected after much ado. 2.Your blanket statement about how no nation on earth could be more corrupt than Nigeria. And you've so far failed to answer the question I put to you. In how many other African countries have you encountered their systems for you to compare affairs. Instead you've been grasping at straws. What's my business with what you say about Kenya? That's your problem with the Little Indians. But when you say it about Nigeria and it's unsubstantiated, then trust me to take on you like I have done.

What "cheap" shot? I posted about a recent experience of mine with the Nigerian police. You made a snide retort basically telling me that it's not the forum's business (as if the story is something private). I pointed out evident reality: that the only reason for that churlish, juvenile response is simply because I made it about the Nigerian police.
I've already stated my premise for my claims about Nigeria's corruption: it's borne of my experience of the rot in every sector in the country. Simple. The amusing thing is with your outrage about it, one would think I disparaged Norway's corruption record, rather than Nigeria, a country ranked 148th out of 180 in the TI corruption perception index.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kur17:

Not sure where you saw that. We haven't even broken 3%. We're usually around the late 2.0's.
This is partly because of our low life expectancy of 53 years which somewhat helps compensate for a ridiculous fertility rate of over 5.5 births per woman.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Lakini kuna ocean grin

smiley true but system in place ndio noma. Napia ni ya salt sana.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Bifwoli: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

It's meaning is clear as day. Had you even perhaps referred to only Hong Kong, you'd still have been wrong, but not ridiculously wrong, since Hong Kong's autonomy comes with unique benefits of only independent nations like its currency, but it still lacks the sovereignty of an independent nation. But you made a generalized claim that "the word autonomy refers to independence". Which is arrant nonsense. And then rambled on with irrelevant points about how Scotland etc don't have their own currency, as if anyone was ever arguing about that. What does all that have to do with the simple fact that autonomy and independence are not the same thing?

The very central theme to this thread is that Kenya is a more developed nation than Nigeria. Your Nairaland existence since then has been almost
entirely devoted to contradicting that. If by a host of metrics about HDI, poverty rate, literacy rate, inequality, life expectancy, infant mortality
etc Kenya consistently outperforms Nigeria in most international metrics, what then are you even arguing about here, or do you simply enjoy
reading yourself? Because if you "acknowledge" those things as you claim, then the entire premise of extending this thread interminably makes no sense. Is Kenya more developed than Nigeria or not?

What "cheap" shot? I posted about a recent experience of mine with the Nigerian police. You made a snide retort basically telling me that it's not the forum's business (as if the story is something private). I pointed out evident reality: that the only reason for that churlish, juvenile response is simply because I made it about the Nigerian police.
I've already stated my premise for my claims about Nigeria's corruption: it's borne of my experience of the rot in every sector in the country. Simple. The amusing thing is with your outrage about it, one would think I disparaged Norway's corruption record, rather than Nigeria, a country ranked 148th out of 180 in the TI corruption perception index.

Looool ,i've always found it funny and hypocritical when Nigerians use the huge population when it suits their advantage then they wanna disown the same population when the facts ,indexes and numbers don't add up to their qualitative and other advantages.

Like George W Bush once said "you're either with us or against us" . If i was the nation-state called Nigeria i'd be ashamed and disown some folks who only use me when its suits them and when i'm in dire straits they know me not.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 23, 2018
Kenyan company, Safaricom on Fortune’s ‘Change the World’ firms listing

The Kenya-based telecom firm Safaricom is number 19th globally according to a ranking done by the Fortune Magazine listing firms that ‘Change the World.’

M-Pesa is touted as one of the world’s most successful fintech solutions, and among a pioneer within that space. No doubt it has become the poster-child for fintech solutions around the world.

“More than eight million of those mpesa users are in India grin, where state governments are employing M-Pesa to pay pensions to rural retirees, eliminating the delays and crime risks that come with shipping cash,” said Fortune Magazine.

Safaricom is one of only two telecom firms to feature on this list of 50 companies. It even beat big-time multinationals like Apple, Microsoft, Deloitte, Barclays, Toyota, and Hilto grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2018
Kur17:

5 years ago, Nigeria's GDP per capita was almost triple Kenya's. Currently it's almost equal. In the next 2 years we'll be well ahead of them and to think that has been their only bragging point.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 7:33am On Aug 23, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
oh boy.....u don expose and disgrace these illiterate and jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Kibera. They are poo pooing in their pants right now grin grin

Imagine a country where wives are rented out by their husbands because of extreme hunger and poverty. Even the North East of Nigeria that is at war has never had it as bad as this.
Kenyans should not be talking where human beings are if the are not animals
few settlers are owning kenya.the rest of kenyans are either slaves or are dying of hunger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:36am On Aug 23, 2018
I would really hate to be TayserMahiri's enemy. Obi1kenobi kicks Obaboon's ass, TayserMahiri come's in and applies salt and pepper to the fresh wounds.���

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 7:51am On Aug 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

If only we could equally talk of Tanzanian companies in Kenya collapsing. Unfortunately, you dont even have companies in Kenya in the first place for them to collapse. So yeah. Btw, did you know Uchumi Retail Chain is a govt owned, publicly traded, parastatal? The fact that they expanded all the way to your market is worth a study in itself. Govt entities arent historically very well run in Kenya compared to the private ones that are driving Magufuli Mad. I needed to let you know that so that we can come to this question:

Since in your country the govt is the one that does (most) business, which govt owned entity has made its way to Kenya (or simply outside Tz)? Mention just one.
dont say we dont have companies in kenya.have u heard about village supermarket? Do u know CRDB is gov owned and its doing well outside Tanzania? Here are the proof

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 8:01am On Aug 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Are you sure if I go through the managerial workforce I wont come across a Kenyan? And who told you we were interested in your tanzanite when we have the same mineral in Kenya that we decided to halt mining untill similar issues as you had are settled? Actually, it used to be smuggled to your tanzanite mines before you built the Trump wall. So we are actually quite impressed with the wall as it will halt the unscrupulous smuggling over to your mines for auction. And we have a plan to call it Kenyanite angry
You have nothing there just a handful of oil.no managerial or human resource.thats why hunger and unemployment doesnt leave kenya.hungry kenyans.Did u ever hear about graphite? Wait for a shocker from Tanzania.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:38am On Aug 23, 2018
If you remove Oil production from Nigeria GDP - then you'll realize it not any better from any bottom 10 country in sub-sahara including TZ, Burundi, South Sudan, Niger, Chad and Eritrea.
NairobiWalker:

5 years ago, Nigeria's GDP per capita was almost triple Kenya's. Currently it's almost equal. In the next 2 years we'll be well ahead of them and to think that has been their only bragging point.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2018
At least you're taking baby steps - hope you stay awake.Malawi woke up from deep slumber and overtook you. Your top bank will not make it anywhere near Kenya's Top 10 banks. 3 of our banks make the global top 1000 banks.
Kazikazi:
dont say we dont have companies in kenya.have u heard about village supermarket? Do u know CRDB is gov owned and its doing well outside Tanzania? Here are the proof

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2018
rvp2018:
At least you're taking baby steps - hope you stay awake.Malawi woke up from deep slumber and overtook you. Your top bank will not make it anywhere near Kenya's Top 10 banks. 3 of our banks make the global top 1000 banks.
You too.make sure you are waking up before south sudan eradicate hunger in their territory..otherwise u will be the only nation in the world which starves to death.you hear me?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:17am On Aug 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

I see you already arrogated yourself the role of the official usher of the thread. Not bad given you are always here waiting for anything to be thrown your way. Just dont forget to marry like Okoye grin
You are here more than anyone else,Tasha. But I can see you are taking advice and cutting down on that addiction. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:26am On Aug 23, 2018
I know this is beyond your education level and you prefer posting pictures rather than dealing with evidence based empirical data to make sound argument. At least a few Nigerians here appreciate that .If you're interested in which country is more hungry, be my guest. Let start with FAO FOOD SECURITY AND NUTRITION REPORT 2017.
https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/a-i7967e.pdf

Start in Table 4 - Under-nourishment in Eastern Africa. You can see the steady progress kenya has made from 1999-2000 when we had 32% under-nourirshment(malnutrition) to 2014-2016- when we nearly halved it to 19%.

Now look at what great nation of the lazy people of Tanzania has done from the same period. They had 36% - and now they are 32% (that where we were 20yrs ago!!).

In raw figures..you have 17M of your people under-nourished(hungry) - and we have 8M. Our 8M live mostly in the semi-arid and arid north - like turkanas, somalis and oromos. You have mostly arable land. But of course you're too lazy and messed up by communist hang-over.

In another two decades...we would have made hunger history...but you'll still be stuck at 30% (1 out of 3 TZ) hungry, under-fed and malnourished.

But take heart - Uganda had 27% of it people under-nourished in 2000 and now it risen 39%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In short you're not the worst. DRC congo and Nigeria are obviously worse than you - let's not talk about Burundi or South Sudan for now.

You're certainly not THE WORST - but to compete with kenya in nearly anything is GRAND DELUSION Ndugu kutoka danganyika.

Kazikazi:
You too.make sure you are waking up before south sudan eradicate hunger in their territory..otherwise u will be the only nation in the world which starves to death.you hear me?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2018
KaziKazi,
While on the same FAO AFRICA FOOD SECURITY & NUTRITION 2017 Report....please read this.

Progress is monitored through six, interlinked, global nutrition targets for 2025:
• Reduce by 40 percent the number
of children under five years who
are stunted;
• Achieve a 50 percent reduction in
the rate of anaemia in women of
reproductive age;
• Achieve a 30 percent reduction in
the rate of infants born low birth
weight;
• Ensure that there is no increase in
the rate of children who are
overweight;
• Increase to at least 50 percent the
rate of exclusive breastfeeding in
the first six months; and
• Reduce and maintain childhood
wasting to less than five percent.
Overall progress towards the WHA targets has been
poor, with most countries on track for two or three
of the five targets being tracked (Figure 7).12 Only
one country is on track for all five targets (Kenya)
and one is on track for four targets (Ghana).

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

The very central theme to this thread is that Kenya is a more developed nation than Nigeria. Your Nairaland existence since then has been almost entirely devoted to contradicting that. If by a host of metrics about HDI, poverty rate, literacy rate, inequality, life expectancy, infant mortality etc Kenya consistently outperforms Nigeria in most international metrics, what then are you even arguing about here, or do you simply enjoy reading yourself? Because if you "acknowledge" those things as you claim, then the entire premise of extending this thread interminably makes no sense. Is Kenya more developed than Nigeria or not?

Well,all this back and forth started on the back of an erroneous claim you made that Hong Kong never wanted to have anything to do with China, a claim which has since been confined to the trashcan where it belongs.And it is actually a fact that for all intents and purposes, Hong Kong is an independent country except officially. I have never denied what I said either right or wrong unlike you,Sir who tried to lie your way out. That's lack of integrity.(Pardon my French)
Your claim of Nigeria being the most corrupt country on earth and your emphasis that no matter what international bodies and facts say to the contrary, your claim holds true is at best childish and at worst absurd. I seriously don't know how people like you can live with so much hatred for your own country. Even if a Kenyan says that about Kenya, it would still look stupid. The last time I checked 148 out of 180 was still different from 180 out of 180.grin If anyone is outraged about this,well it is you because your prejudice was clearly pointed out. Like I pointed out before, you have also argued against Kenya's position above Nigeria on the hdi list mainly on population as a factor. So what the hell are you talking about?grin. That's what I said about your attitude of speaking from both sides of your mouth. I didn't bring Kenya into this argument, you did. For whatever reason that is best known to you. And yes,when you consider Nigeria's 200m population and Kenya's 50m population, then it makes nonsense of Kenya's 0.555 mark on the hdi table. Unless of course we are talking about countries like Gabon and Libya.That's clear enough.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2018
Stunting currently affects 42 per cent of under five children, and is only a two percentage points lower than it was five years ago. The burden of stunting in Tanzania ranks third in Sub-Saharan Africa, after Ethiopia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Child underweight (16 percent) also remains at unacceptable levels, and the country is not on track to achieve the MDG 1 target to reduce underweight by one-half by the year 2015. There are pockets of very high acute malnutrition, including Zanzibar where 12 per cent of children are affected. About one third of children age 6-59 months are iron deficient and vitamin A deficient, 69 percent are anaemic, and over 18 million Tanzanians do not consume adequately iodized salt.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Mwenzangu! After all this time-REALLY!? Get it from this expert ,Prof Johnson Falade,a native who's been involved in country for over 3 decades and doesn't subscribe to Femi Kale's statistical theatre we've all been laughing at here:
TO HIM SHOWED THAT,LOW FIGURE FOR GDP PER CAPITA INCOME OF $1,154.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/half-of-nigerians-live-in-slums-un/

Fyi,he was Lagos UN Habitat head for 10 years-HE'D KNOW!
Also this was 2011. Since then they've hit a recession and grown at least 20 mn while me and rvp2018 have broken down their economy sectorally and examined comparative consumption data which always brings tears to the usually self praising Dangotelanders. Imo,that they were so poor even pre recession shows the power of MYTH!

As of now their GDP per capita nominal,max is 1300$ and ours is just under 2000$

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
Bifwoli:

Looool ,i've always found it funny and hypocritical when Nigerians use the huge population when it suits their advantage then they wanna disown the same population when the facts ,indexes and numbers don't add up to their qualitative and other advantages.

Like George W Bush once said "you're either with us or against us" . If i was the nation-state called Nigeria i'd be ashamed and disown some folks who only use me when its suits them and when i'm in dire straits they know me not.

When you ask them why bigger nations like Brazil,India or China outperform them you only hear crickets!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
obaaderemi:
Well,all this back and forth started on the back of an erroneous claim you made that Hong Kong never wanted to have anything to do with China, a claim which has since been confined to the trashcan where it belongs.And it is actually a fact that for all intents and purposes, Hong Kong is an independent country except officially. I have never denied what I said either right or wrong unlike you,Sir who tried to lie your way out. That's lack of integrity.(Pardon my French)
Your claim of Nigeria being the most corrupt country on earth and your emphasis that no matter what international bodies and facts say to the contrary, your claim holds true is at best childish and at worst absurd. I seriously don't know how people like you can live with so much hatred for your own country. Even if a Kenyan says that about Kenya, it would still look stupid. The last time I checked 148 out of 180 was still different from 180 out of 180.grin If anyone is outraged about this,well it is you because your prejudice was clearly pointed out. Like I pointed out before, you have also argued against Kenya's position above Nigeria on the hdi list mainly on population as a factor. So what the hell are you talking about?grin. That's what I said about your attitude of speaking from both sides of your mouth. I didn't bring Kenya into this argument, you did. For whatever reason that is best known to you. And yes,when you consider Nigeria's 200m population and Kenya's 50m population, then it makes nonsense of Kenya's 0.555 mark on the hdi table. Unless of course we are talking about countries like Gabon and Libya.That's clear enough.

This is classic ho babble! Emotional nonsensical verbiage designed to convince the speaker she is clever.

And it won't end soon cause
My conclusion is definitive: Women lack the capacity for logic and reason.
https://www.workitdaily.com/women-lack-logic-reason/

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
obaaderemi:

1) You have displayed a "lack of integrity" in deliberately looking to create misdirections in what the argument was about. Hence, rambling about distinctions between Hong Kong and other autonomous enclaves around the world, when the only thing I disputed was your claim that autonomy and independence are the same thing which has since been "confined to the trash can where it belongs" despite your laughable attempts at misdirections on your own statement.

2) Hong Kong is not independent "for all intents and purposes". At best, it is independent "for most intents and purposes". Which effectively still means that a non-sovereign territory which is still subordinate to China in military and diplomatic affairs and an expiring Sino-British treaty which will terminate within the next 2 decades (putting Hong Kong completely at the mercy of Chinese whims) is not "independent for all intents and purposes". Infact, if China wanted to rip up the Sino-British treaty right now, it can and there's not a damn thing anyone can do to change it, though they'll certainly come under intense diplomatic sanctions like Russia did after its Crimea activities. Independence is not the same as autonomy as you claimed. You can keep trying hard to wriggle out of that fallacy and keep failing. Best to choose the path of "integrity" and acknowledge you were talking rubbish when you said that before.

3) You didn't answer my earlier question: is Kenya more developed than Nigeria or not? Let me understand what this interminable thread is really about. Is Kenya more developed than Nigeria or not?

And no, Kenya having a higher HDI is not just about population. Sure, greater demographic control helps, but it's ultimately about policies and will. India have dragged hundreds of millions of people out of poverty afterall while Nigeria's poverty-stricken numbers have only risen. Kenya's poverty incidence rate has fallen sharply in the last decade by 10%, unlike Nigeria:
https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/kenya/publication/kenya-economic-update-poverty-incidence-in-kenya-declined-significantly-but-unlikely-to-be-eradicated-by-2030

I've said what I care to about the TI corruption perception index, and don't care to keep repeating myself really.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.