Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:39 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6386474 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
ednited:

wow, now I know. I've been asking about tribes in Kenya but no one passed me the info

Jeeez what kind of education do you people get...?, seems like an average Kenyan is one of the most informed person

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
Just30:
you seem to think Every Ghanaian is Asante grin grin grin
ANYWAY tribalism is not importat in GHANA

sharrapu.....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
Those are just facts. Zimbwabwe were historically some of most educated Africans. That is difference btw South Africans black and Zims. Zims are still upto now generally better educated. But that didn't stop them from going down.I think I should add your inability and dithering with HIV - as another head-wind - and one more reason why Kenya will possibly overtake you soon.

This land seizure with compensation is bad news. It would be such a shame to see you go Zim way. We want to beat a strong South Africa.

Lionessza6:

Hahahaha , here we go again. How many of the people in south African leadership are not well educated ? . What is the percentage of the populace that is illiterate and uneducated compared to black Kenyans?. We need to invest on education? grin. Check how much we spend on education and check yours as well , and let's see who needs to do more.

Lol, I said good luck with overtaking us , I'm guessing that will be happening in like 2 years or so now . Quote me when that finally happens grin. Kenya and South Africa are too different what you claim worked out for you, we just don't see it ever working here .

So the Kenyans who are living under extreme poverty are only those living in semi- arid regions ? Really?

Reading the article below, I really don't like this kind of solution .

Kenya’s Attorney General told the International Criminal Court in July this year that there were no records to indicate that President Uhuru Kenyatta owned any land in the country, his comments offered a reflection of the mysterious nature of landownership in Kenya.

It is well known that the family of Kenya’s First President, Jomo Kenyatta, father to the current President, owns large tracts of the most productive land particularly in Central Kenya and at the Coast. Forbes Magazine placed the total land owned by Kenyatta and his family at 500,000 acres of prime land spread across the country.

A survey 2014 found that 50% of Kenya’s wealth is in the hands of political families, with the ownership of land providing the core of this wealth.

The skewed ownership of land is dire in a country where only 17% of the land is arable, with the rest mostly arid and semi arid. The Kenya Land Alliance says that more than 65% of this productive land in Kenya is in the hands of only 20% of the population.

The chaotic nature of land records in Kenya obviously suits the political and business elite who would like to maintain secrecy over their ownership of the country’s land. In recent audit, The Lands Ministry discovered that 1.3 million files were lost, misplaced or misfiled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ComOUAPFYDo

Any hope that the enactment of new laws would solve what Kenyans have come to call the “land question” has been replaced by disappointment, even frustration by the lack of progress and constant finger pointing amongst those entrusted with the job of cleaning up the mess that goes back to the country’s colonial period.

Land is an emotive issue in Kenya. The fight for independence was based on the struggle to revert ownership of land from the colonialists back to the Africans. Vast arable land in the Rift Valley was designated as the White Highlands, reserved for European settlers while the indigenous communities were moved out.

The authority to allocate Crown Land was vested in the colonial Governor and he issued grants of leases for 999 years to the European settler community. It is the same allocation by direct grant that facilitated the irregular allocation of pubic land after Independence.

In 1963 a total of 7.5 million acres or half of the agricultural land in Kenya was in settler hands, with individual farmers like Lord Delamere reported to possess as much as 1 million acres. The Africanization of the White Highlands, areas previously reserved for European settlement, was carried out through the Million-Acre Scheme funded by the British government and the World Bank, to facilitate the orderly transfer of ownership of farms owned by settlers who wanted to leave after independence. The new African political class and home guards that had made fortunes by collaborating with the colonial government bought thousands of acres from the departing Europeans denying the majority of Kenyans the right to own land.

The President widely abused his powers as trustee of public land to become a large landowner himself. The illegal allocation of land by the first Kenyatta and Moi governments is well documented in a report of the Commission of Inquiry into the Illegal/Irregular Allocation of Public Land popularly known as the Ndungu Report.

Lawyer Paul Ndungu, who released the report in December 2004, reveals the extent to which land was targeted as a tool for political patronage particularly in 1990s. During this period when the international scrutiny was focused on economic and political reform, land acquired particular significance as a bargaining tool for the political class desperate to hang on to power amid the turbulence of multiparty politics. No land was spared during this spree of allocations of public land, which came to be known as “Land grabbing”. Even protected lands as forests, wetlands, road reserves and even cemeteries were dished out as political reward.

On the Coast, beach plots on the Indian Ocean coastline were issued in the 1970s and 80s to political and business elites from outside the region. The land grabbing by the elite has rendered millions of coastal people landless or squatters in their own land.

4th right: Lord Dalamere, the 3rd Baron Delamere, in 1926. The Happy Valley set was a group of British and Anglo-Irish aristocrats and adventurers who settled in the Happy Valley region of the Wanjohi Valley, near the Aberdare mountain range, in the colonies of Kenya and Uganda between the 1920s and the 1940s. More than 50 years after independence there is still a significant amount of prime Kenyan land in foreign hands.
4th right: Lord Dalamere, the 3rd Baron Delamere, in 1926. The Happy Valley set was a group of British and Anglo-Irish aristocrats and adventurers who settled in the Happy Valley region of the Wanjohi Valley, near the Aberdare mountain range, in the colonies of Kenya and Uganda between the 1920s and the 1940s. More than 50 years after independence there is still a significant amount of prime Kenyan land in foreign hands.
Foreign ownership

The 2010 constitution prevents foreigners from owning land and also reduces the period for which foreigners can lease land. But as Kenyans have come to find out implementing these provisions are complicated by the ambiguous nature of the law and deliberate moves by the political and landed class to frustrate the process. More than 50 years after independence, there is still a significant amount of prime land in foreign hands, especially in the coastal region and new regulations may finally reveal just how much of this land owned by non Kenyans.

The National Land Commission has found itself in a muddle in its attempts to regularize land ownership by demanding that all foreign landowners align their leases with the provisions of the Constitution. One of the tasks of the Commission is to ensure that all the 999-year leases instituted during the colonial period are converted into shorter leases of 99 years. Establishing who a foreign landowner is remains a challenge because many such people own property in the country jointly with Kenyans. The new law also allows dual citizenship further confusing an already murky situation.

While the new law has safeguards against the secret allocation of public land by public officials, it has created what land policy analyst Ibrahim Mwathane calls a “mongrel”. The National Land Commission has the mandate to manage public land on behalf of national and county governments while the Minister still retains power over the registers of all public, private and community land in Kenya. The audit of all stolen public land can only be done effectively by whoever runs the land registries, in this case, the Minister.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
Lionessza6:

So when is he invading us ? So we can start preparing to be refugees in Kenya? grin

About it. His lil middle finger is on the Nuke button. Though quite frankly you are lower in the pecking order. There is N. Korea, Iran, Syria, Mexico and then you grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2018
Kur17:

Jeeez what kind of education do you people get...?, seems like an average Kenyan is one of the most informed person

you and informed...you freakin think kenyans ruled america for cryin out loud....!!!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
ednited:

What logic are you talking about? Who is sticking with you in the very first place

Get well

am sorry,my lady....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
Here is the information about Kenya's tribes and its demographics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Kenya

https://venasnews.co.ke/2016/02/10/list-of-kenyan-tribes/

ednited:

wow, now I know. I've been asking about tribes in Kenya but no one passed me the info
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 12:36pm On Nov 20, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Dont take it too seriously. I actually feel like you misunderstood everything I tried to explain in my previous post. I've come to realize that there is a very big difference between how we view, express, process, and interpret each others posts here (Africans from different countries). What I tried to say is that the reason you were correcting me is because you feel I as a Kenyan can be corrected as opposed to a Nigerian whom, for whatever reason, you think cannot be corrected. I used the word 'standard' here. How I wish there was an Amharic word to express that point in my head. The only one that comes to mind is Selamawit.

Ohhhh. . . I get you now. 'Selamawit' is funny hehehehe

Then you benter take my opinion nicely, Because I've known you for a long time here. Your post shocked me so I wanted to correct you (as a friend).

Misunderstanding happens a lot

For example Nigerians and Ethiopians use the word 'fine' for different purpose. Fine means nice in Nigeria and it means healthy in Ethiopia hehehe

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
Lionessza6:

Hahahaha , here we go again. How many of the people in south African leadership are not well educated ? . What is the percentage of the populace that is illiterate and uneducated compared to black Kenyans?. We need to invest on education? grin. Check how much we spend on education and check yours as well , and let's see who needs to do more.

Again Lioness, not bragging but Kenyans in general are more literate than South Africans, again in general (including priviledged whites). Since we know black south africans are historically disadvantaged particularly education-wise, it goes without saying that Kenyans are significantly more literate than black south africans. I.e we have less illiteracy than you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Lionessza6(f): 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2018
Jonraid:
Even though there is the 'urban poor' case.Counties in Northern Kenya are the ones leading in poverty rates(we ought to do better here!).Well,I didn't know being a pastoralist with like 500 heads of goats and cows means you are poor.But let's leave it at that.It's not how much you spend in education that makes the difference,it's how you do your things.It looks like we might school you a bit when it comes to ironing up your education sector.There are some few lessons you can learn from us!

https://www.biznews.com/africa/2018/03/05/south-africa-kenya-education-schooling

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Kenya/South-Africa/Education

South Africa doesn't mind taking pointers from others , that's how we have come this far, so don't let it go to your head, just like you will never see us beating our chests when you learn something from South Africa. We know it's not how much you spend , but how effective the system is , which is why so many changes have been made including pumping much money on skills development programmes and government run artisan colleges . To test the effectiveness of such systems , the government initiated this project below and others like operation Phakisa(building of boats);

On Thursday, 25 October 2018, the President of South Africa, Mr Cyril Ramaphosa will officially inaugurate South Africa’s flagship train manufacturing plant in Ekurhuleni, the first of its kind on the African continent.

This plant is where Gibela will build PRASA’s new fleet of 580 modern commuter trains – by South Africans for South Africa. Be part of a new chapter of South Africa’s rail industry history – you can watch the official opening of the factory here

http://www.gibela-rail.com.

The young people employed here and at operation Pg

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2018
ednited:

We have more than 80 tribes,

Major ones (in population) are

Oromo
Amhara
Tigray
Debub (southerns)
Somali
Afar
Gambler
Benishangul Gumuz

Borena people are still Oromos. Oromos have the biggest population here
okay and Ethiopia has one of the most violent ethnic conflicts can you explain why

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2018
Kur17:

When it comes to tribe or culture, I knew many things on nairaland. Many of the Kenyans here don't post pictures of their culture but their cities

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2018
Lionessza6:

Capital flight was the first focus of the Ramaphosa administration . I was making a joke about the whites being gone , how many of them can afford a flight to Zimbabwe these days not to mention Australia . The only ones who can run off are the elites and the ones with critical skills . Braam from next door ain't going nowhere, we are going to enjoy this change together , in Nigerian accent grin.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2018
bantudra:

you and informed...you freakin think kenyans ruled america for cryin out loud....!!!!

Are you the one who said kilimall is TZ, Buruburu is a slum and that if kibera is demolished the residence will build another slum is Buruburu... That sounded really laughable
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
rvp2018:
Interesting. I'll check the data. To reach to kenya level - you have to be 4 times BETTER OR BIGGER OR LARGER etc. To TRASH kenya then you've got be 5 times or more - just like South Africa trashes kenya.

For example if Kenya has 28B - you need to have about 140-150B - to just be on the same level. To trash Kenya - you need to be at 200B plus.

Kindly find us the South Africa figures. I am pretty sure they trashed us.

I know such basic concepts are very complex for Nigerians who got possibly the worst education (another service sector).

Useless boy, don't you know that Nigerian firm like jumai contributed about 20% of that $28 billion.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
Kur17:

seems like an average Kenyan is one of the most informed person

You will actually quickly notice that. The average Kenyan is way too informed by African standards.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
Kur17:

Are you the one who said kilimall is TZ, Buruburu is a slum and that if kibera is demolished the residence will build another slum is Buruburu... That sounded really laughable

Kilimall is a Tz venture stop claiming it
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisooblog: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Again Lioness, not bragging but Kenyans in general are more literate than South Africans, again in general (including priviledged whites). Since we know black south africans are historically disadvantaged particularly education-wise, it goes without saying that Kenyans are significantly more literate than black south africans. I.e we have less illiteracy than you.
first nigeria then tanzania now south africa what is it with you guys and your inferiority complex na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2018
Kur17:

wtf is a kilimall....??...can you eat it....?

i think you are mistakin me for another person.... undecided undecided

am not interested in kenya atall atall....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2018
ednited:

Ohhhh. . . I get you now. 'Selamawit' is funny hehehehe

Then you benter take my opinion nicely, Because I've known you for a long time here. Your post shocked me so I wanted to correct you (as a friend).

Misunderstanding happens a lot

For example Nigerians and Ethiopians use the word 'fine' for different purpose. Fine means nice in Nigeria and it means healthy in Ethiopia hehehe

grin

Ok, I accept your correction.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2018
tlann:
okay and Ethiopia has one of the most violent ethnic conflicts can you explain why

It was the job of our government for 27 years. If Ethiopians come together, they will throw the government off power. . . so, they trained armies from different tribes then paid them to go and bring conflict between the tribes.

Today, every region of Ethiopia is owned by single ethnic group except Addis Ababa. Addis Ababa is the only city with no ownership of a single ethnic group.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
ednited:

When it comes to tribe or culture, I knew many things on nairaland. Many of the Kenyans here don't post pictures of their culture but their cities

They're are about 1.1m in Kenya and about 1m in Tanzania,

U'll get more information about them online
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
chrisooblog:
first nigeria then tanzania now south africa what is it with you guys and your inferiority complex na wa o

Get a life
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
chrisooblog:

they are defendin themselfs against everybody now....quit ironic....

did i write quit well...??....i no wan go google a single word....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2018
It's nice seeing that you are now revamping your technical education.As a matter of fact,we are doing the same.We were nearly plunging into a degree crisis(many Kenyan students were on a white collar job courses,Universities were preferred as technical institutions struggled with the numbers) but we have beaten the problem and made technical education the 'thing' right now.The economy needs those who will be doing the dirty work,glad that the government saw this and intervened.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/education/State-to-enroll-1-million-students-in-technical-colleges-/2643604-4676206-9yotrp/index.html

Lionessza6:

South Africa doesn't mind taking pointers from others , that's how we have come this far, so don't let it go to your head, just like you will never see us beating our chests when you learn something from South Africa. We know it's not how much you spend , but how effective the system is , which is why so many changes have been made including pumping much money on skills development programmes and government run artisan colleges . To test the effectiveness of such systems , the government initiated this project below and others like operation Phakisa(building of boats);

On Thursday, 25 October 2018, the President of South Africa, Mr Cyril Ramaphosa will officially inaugurate South Africa’s flagship train manufacturing plant in Ekurhuleni, the first of its kind on the African continent.

This plant is where Gibela will build PRASA’s new fleet of 580 modern commuter trains – by South Africans for South Africa. Be part of a new chapter of South Africa’s rail industry history – you can watch the official opening of the factory here

http://www.gibela-rail.com.

The young people employed here and at operation Pg
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Lionessza6(f): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2018
TayserMahiri:

I asked for proof of this, I'm not saying it's not possible , but I want to see by what margin if so. What is the literacy rate of both countries ? . Black and white South Africans had different universities, Forthare being the first black University in the country if I'm not mistaken, commissioned in 1911. The same universities that educated many SADC to be leaders, like Nyerere and Mugabe . So again, im not saying what you are wrong because the possibility of your claims are possible but I'm like you guys , I need some convincing .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2018
Kur17:

They're are about 1.1m in Kenya and about 1m in Tanzania,
U'll get more information about them online
Who are they? Are you talking about the massai people?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Lionessza6(f): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2018
Jonraid:
It's nice seeing that you are now revamping your technical education.As a matter of fact,we are doing the same.We were nearly plunging into a degree crisis(many Kenyan students were on a white collar job courses,Universities were preferred as technical institutions lacked struggled with numbers) but we have beaten the problem and made technical education the 'thing' right now.The economy needs those who will be doing the dirty work,glad that the government so this and intervened.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/education/State-to-enroll-1-million-students-in-technical-colleges-/2643604-4676206-9yotrp/index.html

Actually it's not a new development , these technical schools have been around forever, they just needed more funding so that we won't all run to the universities for proper skills. Now our artisans are some of the best paid in Africa , which reduces the influx to universities yearly .

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
And that's what I've meant by "revamping"

Wouldn't mind some English schooling if I'm still on the wrong!
Lionessza6:

Actually it's not a new development , these technical schools have been around forever, they just needed more funding so that we won't all run to the universities for proper skills. Now our artisans are some of the best paid in Africa , which reduces the influx to universities yearly .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
TayserMahiri:

You will actually quickly notice that. The average Kenyan is way too informed by African standards.

You may wonder what kind of education they get esp Nigerians and TZs

They think all Kenyans look like our athletes and that everyone is a Masai, at first I thought they're just making a mockery of us, kumbe that's what their average brain contains...

They even sound more ridiculous our economy is driven only by foreigners ati India and whites..

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2018
ednited:

Who are they? Are you talking about the massai people?

Yes
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Lionessza6(f): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2018
TayserMahiri:

About it. His lil middle finger is on the Nuke button. Though quite frankly you are lower in the pecking order. There is N. Korea, Iran, Syria, Mexico and then you grin

We are small guys , he probably won't notice anything grin. Kim will shield us with his stubbornness , and hopefully Mexico will open the flood gates of South American refugees on their arses for entertainment lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.