Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,847 members, 7,952,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6496946 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) (2566) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kevomtaani: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2018
rvp20183:
I think also homogeneity matters - if a country is 90% bantu like TZ & Zambia & Most of SADC- that is different from Kenya or Nigeria.

Zambia for the most part escaped tribal issues because it is divided into four regions. All tribes in the country identify with this regions. Up to the current Times they didn't suffer tribal warfare but regionalism where major tribes make allies within their regions. I'm just surprised their neighbour here doesn't know about this going as far as claiming Zambia as more democratic hehehe I tire.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2018
Kenyanstar:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerians like deceiving themselves.... The ones on this thread are the worst delusional ones.

This is what Nigerians say about ABUJA

KPADUMA SLUMS-ABUJA

https://www.icirnigeria.org/abuja-midst-slums-story-fast-decaying-city/

Kenya is full of slums, 98% of the counties are slums.. only 3% of its CBDs are little bit better

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:45am On Dec 04, 2018
why are their so many slums in Kenya?
from Nairobi to Mombasa to kisumu, to Nakuru to kiisi, is like all Kenyans cities are made up of slums,?
Is the word "slums" was derived from Swahili words kslumi nbaya which means slums?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2018
Damn Kenya is a fckd up country I swear!
imagine a country with population of about 45millions people having far more slums than a country of about 200million people.
I just made research online and found that most of the population of Kenyans in urban areas leaves in slums at different counties levels.
why developing the tourists areas (CBDs and few other places ) and neglecting the other places where majority of real Kenyans leaves?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2018
It coz our cities are planned and ZONAL laws strictly enforced. And we stopped building social housing. Nigeria cities are not planned..so the slums are not contigous like in Kenya. Nigeria has a more SERIOUS problems. Nigeria cities are mixed development - slum next to bungalow next to maisonette next to apartment next to office block next to an industry next to farm next to forest.

Our mess is easy to solve. Slums occupy 5% of land in cities - illegally built - we can easily upgrade the slums and voila we have modern cities.

Now Nigeria - entire cities would need to be demolished - then zones established - then new city built from the scratch. Only Abuja would be spared...but generally speaking you will have to build more Abuja (completely new cities) and hopefully keep strict zonning laws.

This is the mess you're talking about nigeria - 95% of SLUMPOLIS - built by legal owners of the land in all shapes and manner- compared to temporary structures in our slums built along valleys & rivers - that can be demolished or upgraded easily.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-92zRYqtwzXA/V_TDUBBNDlI/AAAAAAAAXtg/lbE4EBS9oBo2pykovD4-a7h8eUcyCYw-wCLcB/s1600/kano-city2.jpg[/img]

68816419:
why are their so many slums in Kenya?
from Nairobi to Mombasa to kisumu, to Nakuru to kiisi, is like all Kenyans cities are made up of slums,?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2018
rvp20183:
It coz our cities are planned and ZONAL laws strictly enforced. And we stopped building social housing. Nigeria cities are not planned..so the slums are not contigous like in Kenya. Nigeria has a more SERIOUS problems. Nigeria cities are mixed development - slum next to bungalow next to maisonette next to apartment next to office block next to an industry next to farm next to forest.
Nigeria cities have bad areas but u dare not call them slums, Kenya slums are what slums looks like, they are built from shaft, zinc,muds and any thing available, Nigeria run down areas have only rusted roofs and may be bad roads ( but good road connectivity, which makes is better planned than your slums).
I just learnt that are more bigger slums that Kibera, is it true?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
TayserMahiri:

I know there's that kathingy in your soul that tells you "Ghad! I love to hate Kenya". grin

Due to your misbehavior in point number 2, the thread will continue with the same heading. We can discuss all of your issues here under the heading Kenya is Ahead of Nigeria. Nothing could be better.

Anyhow, how is Magu doing ? Is he still nyegezing? Was nice to see him and Uhuru usher in a new age of cross border trade. We need more of that as it has really reduced goods clearance from 277 minutes to about 60 which has further boosted trade. Just that simple act has boosted revenue collection in both countries, in Kenya by half a billion and I think almost the same for you. Previously it used to operate as two entities so you'd do things twice, once on each side. So thats definitely a stroke of genius! We did the same with Ethiopia and Uganja (sorry Uganda grin) the only other sane neighbors and things are turning out quite well. We're now slowly behaving like civilized primates. Hopefully you're also doing the same with your neighbors Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Zambia, Mozambique.

What we dont need more of is Chinese loans. Saw your president praising them saying Tanzania prefers Chinese loans. We dont want to be recolonized! Those folks are funding virtually everything in Tanzania, from your national stadium, university, Chalinze Water Project, Morogoro Agricultural Centre, the Centre for Training and Cardiac Surgery, Mwalimu Nyerere International Conference Centre, drug aids and medical equipment, etc. Meanwhile the Chinese Embassy in Dar brashly calls itself The Most Responsible Investor to Tanzania! The Africa Development Bank needs to do a better job. They are funding the construction of a highway from Malindi in Kenya to Bagamoyo in Tanzania but they need to be able to fund humongous projects like the SGR and counterbalance these insane foreign loans. We are being owned!
The moment you Kenyans spent hours of your time to defend that "Kenya is ahead of Nigeria" shows the heading isn't entirely true.The moment a Kenyan posted Harare pics as Kenya's it proves the heading isn't entirely true.When a guy stole, photoshoped pics and posted as Nairobi's it shows Kenya isn't ahead! So I suggested a change of heading just to help you kenyans,but alas,you don't appreciate my genuine good gesture.

Yes it was a good thing to inaugurate a new OSBP in namanga.This is not a new thing in Tz.We have OSBP with Rwanda,Burundi is in construction.Our OSBP with Zambia is operational. Remember Zambia/Tanzania border is the busiest border post in Africa (after south Africa/Zimbabwe border)

Tanzania is a pro integration nation. We united with Zanzibar. Kenya failed to unite with anybody. Just try to do the same with Somalia.
Tanzania is a founding member of SADC. We have experience of being in union than any nation in Africa.Our experience tells us you can't enter in any form of coalition without mechanisms being into place.You can't hastily enter into coalition for the sake of it.You can't enter or form coalition with wrong intentions.When we tried to raised issues in EAC other nations like Kenya thought we were against integration!They ended forming a common visa which collapsed.They formed a free roaming zone which failed too.If Kenya could allow Tz to fully lead the EAC,I believe we could be in a different level.What Kenya doesn't know is you can't substitute experience with any thing.In this case Tz has a vast experience of union stuffs.

A loan isnt that bad.The issue is,how you use your loan,how you got it,the interest rates etc.A loan itself can't just cause a colonization. It is how you went about it.Japan has a debt of over 200% of their GDP but they are still OK. Tanzania has a debt of about 32% of GDP,Kenya is hitting 60%.If a nation isn't corrupt,debt management becomes easier.

China isn't a biggest investor in Tz.China isn't the biggest funder of Tz projects but the world bank is.Currently we have small projects funded by China, like the library of UDSM.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2018
rvp20183:

Our mess is easy to solve. Slums occupy 5% of land in cities - illegally built - we can easily upgrade the slums and voila we have modern cities.

Now Nigeria - entire cities would need to be demolished - then zones established - then new city built from the scratch. Only Abuja would be spared...but generally speaking you will have to build more Abuja (completely new cities) and hopefully keep strict zonning laws.

This is the mess you're talking about nigeria - 95% of SLUMPOLIS - built by legal owners of the land in all shapes and manner- compared to temporary structures in our slums built along valleys & rivers - that can be demolished or upgraded easily.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-92zRYqtwzXA/V_TDUBBNDlI/AAAAAAAAXtg/lbE4EBS9oBo2pykovD4-a7h8eUcyCYw-wCLcB/s1600/kano-city2.jpg[/img]

"Our mess is easy to solve. Slums occupy 5% of land in cities - illegally built - we can easily upgrade the slums and voila we have modern cities."
well, slums occupies 5% of land mass and how comes you skipped the part that says ....and its made up of over 70% of its population? hahahaa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2018
68816419:

where would the light rail pass across?
you need to learn from abuja light rail instead.

Hahahaha! grin. Through the slums of course. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
If you mix slums with modern buildings - that make your cities slums. There is just no other word for that.

Nairobi slums are what you find in ANY modern city - Joburg/Capetown - or US' tent cities - these are temporary structures built illegally - the owners knows they could be demolished any data.

Kibera is built on forest reserve --- but Nairobi is never going to be a SLUMPOLIS. We can easily demolish our slums or upgrade them. You need to demolish your entire cities

Here is Kibera and it's surrounding.

Loresho Nairobi - next to a slum.

68816419:

Nigeria cities have bad areas but u dare not call them slums, Kenya slums are what slums looks like, they are built from shaft, zinc,muds and any thing available, Nigeria run down areas have only rusted roofs and may be bad roads ( but good road connectivity, which makes is better planned than your slums).
I just learnt that are more bigger slums that Kibera, is it true?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
tlann:
and why is abuja ranked among the worst cities in africa
Fake news cheesy grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
You find slums like the ones in Kenya in places like South Africa and modern cities with poor people - temporary structures illegally built - what you don't find is a SLUMPOLIS like you see in Nigeria - mix-mesh that is impossible to solve - except in building new city.

Slums occupy only 5% of Nairobi land. - most of it on road, railway and forest/river reserves - that ought to be reclaimed whenever possible and upgraded when not possible.

Kibera - on the right is Slum Upgrading that is ongoing - and then you can see a road reserve has been reclaimed - and slums demolished

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
jaycent:
grin grin I laughed at these maasais when they want to compare there slumish Nairobi with Abuja? Nairobi is even better sef? Those comparing Accra with Abuja grin grin that one weak me pass grin Bro, I say no city in Africa can be planned like Abuja? Abuja is Fvcking beautiful? Give Abuja next year or 2020 and see how she will look like? Abuja is the America of Africa grin if he pain them, make them come drink my piss grin grin grin

Please forgive them, for they know not what they are saying. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kazikazi:
The moment you Kenyans spent hours of your time to defend that "Kenya is ahead of Nigeria" shows the heading isn't entirely true.The moment a Kenyan posted Harare pics as Kenya's it proves the heading isn't entirely true.When a guy stole, photoshoped pics and posted as Nairobi's it shows Kenya isn't ahead! So I suggested a change of heading just to help you kenyans,but alas,you don't appreciate my genuine good gesture.

Yes it was a good thing to inaugurate a new OSBP in namanga.This is not a new thing in Tz.We have OSBP with Rwanda,Burundi is in construction.Our OSBP with Zambia is operational. Remember Zambia/Tanzania border is the busiest border post in Africa (after south Africa/Zimbabwe border)

Tanzania is a pro integration nation. We united with Zanzibar. Kenya failed to unite with anybody. Just try to do the same with Somalia.
Tanzania is a founding member of SADC. We have experience of being in union than any nation in Africa.Our experience tells us you can't enter in any form of coalition without mechanisms being into place.You can't hastily enter into coalition for the sake of it.You can't enter or form coalition with wrong intentions.When we tried to raised issues in EAC other nations like Kenya thought we were against integration!They ended forming a common visa which collapsed.They formed a free roaming zone which failed too.If Kenya could allow Tz to fully lead the EAC,I believe we could be in a different level.What Kenya doesn't know is you can't substitute experience with any thing.In this case Tz has a vast experience of union stuffs.

A loan isnt that bad.The issue is,how you use your loan,how you got it,the interest rates etc.A loan itself can't just cause a colonization. It is how you went about it.Japan has a debt of over 200% of their GDP but they are still OK. Tanzania has a debt of about 32% of GDP,Kenya is hitting 60%.If a nation isn't corrupt,debt management becomes easier.

China isn't a biggest investor in Tz.China isn't the biggest funder of Tz projects but the world bank is.Currently we have small projects funded by China, like the library of UDSM.
Man, don't even worry your self, we Nigerians knows who Kenyans are and what their cities looks like, we know that kenya cities are nothing out side its CBD ( reasons why they kept recycling same CBD pics but in different angels) ,we go to Kenya and other Africa countries as tourists to enjoy and help its economy to grow as we prefer to keep our money in Africa than spending it at another continent.
you find far more Nigerians in Tanzania, Ghana ,south Africa and other places.
and you Tanzanian welcomes us a brothers and deports the bad ones among us ( which Nigeria also deports other bad eggs as well).
so, don't even stress your self trying to educate these head knocked slums guys..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2018
tlann:
does abuja have light rail system

So, you didn't understand all we have been saying till now? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kazikazi:
This topic have been discussed here many times.
Its not just Tanzania but most of our nations shouldn't be where they are currently. We should be in the levels of Malaysia, Singapore or South Sudan.Kenya,Tz,Naija or Ghana were ahead of those nations economically in the 60's.But what happened today? Kenya just received food aid from South Korea!

You really think you're smart huh? With your diversionary tactics, you come here and make an absurd, you're responded to - you ignore it and pop up with exactly the same argument few pages later. I asked you why you keep claiming Kenya starves when all the statistics prove otherwise, you ignored my response and here you come back with exactly the same claim. Now you say Kenya suffers from tribalism corruption and we accepted and we said alongside unfavorable weather, that's what keeps Kenya not very developed, now we ask you why your rosy Tanzania is underdeveloped and scores lower than Kenya in all development indices if you guys are as rosy as you claim, you instead are talking if some food aid nobody's heard of.

Its not all about natural resources. Those three nations I mentioned don't have a huge natural resources (Malaysia,south Korea,Singapore). But,they are ahead.
First get at least your facts right before you respond, Malaysia had lots of oil - it's economic growth actually was mostly due to oil. South Korea and Singapore are very well managed countries and are not corrupt. Kenya, other than lacking resources is corrupt and tribalistic yet still doing better than your Tanzania that you present as non-corrupt, non-tribalistic, hardworking and everything good. The question is, why is Tanzania so poor then?

Kenyans shouldn't jump and point fingers at Tz while they have a log in their eyes.Development can be achieved weather you have natural resources or not.Yes Tz don't do well in managing the natural resources. Most of minerals in Tz are still untapped. Over 90% of TZ minerals are still underground. A real question should be.."why Tz doesn't extracts the huge mineral deposits it has"??

The only person pointing fingers is you. You say Kenyans starve even though all statistics show otherwise. You present Tanzania as perfect and a role model. We only asked you a simple question now that you've been talking about Kenya all through - why is Tanzania underdeveloped?

And we shouldn't avoid asking, why doesn't kenya use freshwater resources it have for irrigation in Turkana? Why is Kenya poor? Why does Kenya imports fishes from China while it can have them at home? Why does Kenya imports electricity from Uganda while it can generate it at home?

There's lots of irrigation in Kenya, Kenya stopped importing electricity from Uganda long long time ago and the reason we imported wasn't because we weren't producing our own. Uganda was lucky to have the colonial government construct them a dam and so was Tanzania. When the white man left Kenya, we weren't producing any electricity of our own. We depended fully on Uganda. Immediately after independence we started building our own dams and by 1990 we were already the largest generators of electricity in East Africa. Currently only Ethiopia generates more than us and we don't import any electricity.

There's a lot of irrigation in Kenya, however we still supplement some of our food with imports and we also export food too. We are the largest exporters of milk and avocado in Africa. What matters more again is whether the food is sufficient and based on statistics, it's always sufficient.

Now tell us why perfect Tanzania scores lower than Kenya in all development indices.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2018
rvp20183:
If you mix slums with modern buildings - that make your cities slums. There is just no other word for that.

Nairobi slums are what you find in ANY modern city - Joburg/Capetown - or US' tent cities - these are temporary structures built illegally - the owners knows they could be demolished any data.

Kibera is built on forest reserve --- but Nairobi is never going to be a SLUMPOLIS. We can easily demolish our slums or upgrade them. You need to demolish your entire cities

Here is Kibera and it's surrounding.

Loresho Nairobi - next to a slum.

how can you demolish areas where 75% of a population leaves?
don't you know that your CBD (nice areas) are only meant for business purposes reasons why you only find few residents their .
I should ask you this, how much % of your population do you think leaves in slums, be realistic?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kazikazi:
You're mistaken.China was a communist state,Russia too.Poland also so as Vietnam.Are they as poor like the capitalist Kenya? Actually the Chinese who were more communists than Tanzania are more developed than your capitalist Kenya. Recently they gave you food aid.

Blaming Tanzania's socialism in this 2018 is foolish. There are many African nations who are extremely poor than Tz but were not in socialism. Kenya with its starvation issues never had socialism. Those Kenyans who starved to death weren't in a socialism. Why are Kenyans quick to blame Tz on socialism while they buried souls due to lack of a meal?

Tanzania's economy grows faster than Kenya.Will you still blame socialism?

Kenya buried their souls for lack of food due to bad governance. Kenya is poor due to bad governance.Tanzania doesn't utilize fully its resources due to bad governance. Many African countries are where they are due to bad governance. Corruption is a part of bad governance.

So what makes Tanzania less developed than Kenya?

Once more, bring proof that Tanzania is more food sufficient than Kenya.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2018
rvp20183:
You find slums like the ones in Kenya in places like South Africa and modern cities with poor people - temporary structures illegally built - what you don't find is a SLUMPOLIS like you see in Nigeria - mix-mesh that is impossible to solve - except in building new city.

Slums occupy only 5% of Nairobi land. - most of it on road, railway and forest/river reserves - that ought to be reclaimed whenever possible and upgraded when not possible.

Kibera - on the right is Slum Upgrading that is ongoing - and then you can see a road reserve has been reclaimed - and slums demolished
ahahh from the pic you posted, do you even see how large and congested the slums looks and how comes you cropped it,?
Plus, can you also show us mathare slums and its environs just like Kibera you showed us Tafadali?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
forgiveness:

Indeed grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
What makes you think we have CBD+Slums? I thought you know we have high class residential areas, we have upper middle class, we have middle class, we have lower middle class, we have upper low class and low class (slums). It really depend on the definition of slums.

What I know for a fact - and it easy to use GIS tools - to measure - is that our slums occupy 5% of the land. The largest of them all - has 170K people - or about 3-4% of 4-5M Nairobi residents. I think I would put the people living in slums - at less than 20%. We have another census in 2019 - and we will find out.

68816419:

how can you demolish areas where 75% of a population leaves?
don't you know that your CBD (nice areas) are only meant for business purposes reasons why you only find few residents their .
I should ask you this, how much % of your population do you think leaves in slums, be realistic?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2018
forgiveness:

of course they know, but they won't just accept our superiority, they must have gone through YouTube and see it for them selves .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2018
It's not an attachment that I cropped - its a picture I shared -https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/dji_0343-mov-00_01_19_22-still001.jpg

Kibera - road reserve has been reclaimed - Railway reserved reclaimed now - what remain is for Nairobi dam to reclaim the riperian parts - and the rest can be upgraded to social housing.

Our slum probably is easy to solve.

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/d37m4p/Kiber_Road.png[/img]

68816419:

ahahh from the pic you posted, do you even see how large and congested the slums looks and how comes you cropped it,?
Plus, can you also show us mathare slums and its environs just like Kibera you showed us Tafadali?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kazikazi:

There you go again with your lies.
First you underquote Tanzania's debt next you quote Kenya's overall debt as external debt.

Tanzania's external debt is $21 billion constituting 37.5% of your GDP.

https://tradingeconomics.com/tanzania/external-debt

Kenya's external debt is $26 billion constituting 29.5% of our GDP

https://tradingeconomics.com/tenyaa/external-debt

Yet you're here forever lecturing us on debt. Please, take your advice and remove the log in your eye.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2018
jaycent:
Indeed grin

Hahahaha! grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2018
rvp20183:
You don't just declare yourself (city) the best. There are people whose job is to do that - and none so far has ever suggested Abuja is anything but one of the worst cities in Africa. Nairobi is regularly ranked highly after Joburg & Capetown - in Sub-Sahara Africa.

When and who declared Abuja one of the worst cities in Africa? Liar! grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2018
rvp20183:
What makes you think we have CBD+Slums? I thought you know we have high class residential areas, we have upper middle class, we have middle class, we have lower middle class, we have upper low class and low class (slums). It really depend on the definition of slums.

What I know for a fact - and it easy to use GIS tools - to measure - is that our slums occupy 5% of the land. The largest of them all - has 170K people - or about 3-4% of 4-5M Nairobi residents. I think I would put the people living in slums - at less than 20%. We have another census in 2019 - and we will find out.

only 20% ?, how many slums does Nairobi has, and what's the population of these slums?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2018
Maybe even less. Someone had just inflated Kibera population to 2M smiley and everyone ran with it. When census was done - only 170Km were counted there. Kibera the largest is barely 3km square.

The list of slums - include some measuring 2 or 3 acres - the list of Nairobi estates that are not slums is so long we need another 100 pages to go through them.

68816419:

only 20% ?, how many slums does Nairobi has, and what's the population of these slums?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2018
forgiveness:

When and who declared Abuja one of the worst cities in Africa? Liar! grin
Na foolish blogers from Useless Kenya na grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2018
68816419:

The kind of slums wey Kenya get ehn, it will make someone vomit 10times a day
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kenyanstar:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerians like deceiving themselves.... The ones on this thread are the worst delusional ones.

This is what Nigerians say about ABUJA

KPADUMA SLUMS-ABUJA

https://www.icirnigeria.org/abuja-midst-slums-story-fast-decaying-city/

SIGHHHHHH.....these niggas and their pathological self delusion! None of us has ever denied Kibera and its problems but these guys are even worse off!!

Mpape is widely regarded as the biggest slum in the city of Abuja and government has been making arrangement to demolish the slum since the past five years.

It is a densely populated slum, and by the census figure of Mpape Community Development Association, MRCDA, it has about 60,000 houses and hundreds of thousands of residents.
Its most likely bigger than Kibera.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2018
NairobiWalker:

There you go again with your lies.
First you underquote Tanzania's debt next you quote Kenya's overall debt as external debt.

Tanzania's external debt is $21 billion constituting 37.5% of your GDP.

https://tradingeconomics.com/tanzania/external-debt

Kenya's external debt is $26 billion constituting 29.5% of our GDP

https://tradingeconomics.com/tenyaa/external-debt

Yet you're here forever lecturing us on debt. Please, take your advice and remove the log in your eye.
how do you even service your debts knowing fully well that your FX reserve of 8B$ is less than Nigeria owns of 47B$?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) (2566) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.