Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,282 members, 7,923,320 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 11:31 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6425972 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) (2807) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
Jonraid:
Choose a metric of your liking and prove that Nigeria has the best banking sector. What of metrics like a banks adaptivity to technology talking of new trends like mobile banking fusion with the traditional banking system.Sophistication is something that Nigeria hasn't masterd yet. Your banking is more traditional and mainly relies on its larger customer base as its main pillar. Without creativity,Kenyan banks would be long dead with them being in a country that is the world's leader in mobile money and banking (we move tens of billions of US dollars through mobile money)and which also potentially has Africa's largest SACCO movement. The Kenya's financial sector is so sophisticated that every player needs to be on toes to get the market pie.With the quick growth of mobile money and SACCOs,I thought Kenyan banks will be edged out,I was wrong! The banks have been resilient even through the rate capping move by the CBK. Do you think that the Nigeria's financial system enjoys such sophistication that would threaten their banks out of business? A simple case like the state of your insurance industry would tell much about your financial sector and the gaps that need to be filled!
Kenya's financial sector isn't more sophisticated than that of Nigeria. Trust me on this one, you don't wanna go there.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
naijalander:
wewe ni mjinga

Wewe ni fala grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
FrudstaPresidnt:
Tah. .....bribe ke bribe ni?
Me bribe a pussy that was beaten blue and black by a lone Southy girl? I am a Nigerian u you know.

Boss, next time you speak this monkey language I will rig in Bubu next elections. Try to be human.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
That's a good one.There are many policies that need to be put into place.The insurance industry literally sits on a goldmine,they command huge financial muscles.There has been talks of them being brought in to fund big money projects.Then we have the remittances that can yet fund cash intensive projects,this one would soon be realised.Bright things ahead! We are talking of Sukuk and green bonds right now. The state plan of a the mortgage corporation which should be able to collect 500 million US dollars just for housing is something that should be backed by all stakeholders. Intresting things are happening in Kenya's financial sphere!
rvp2018:
I am ambivalent. I think we need small innovative like Equity or say Unitas sacco - but we also need well capitilized banks. Small banks are big risk - they can collapse any time - like Imperial or Chase bank.

So I'd say CBK should continue to raise the capital requirement - and hopefully we will have big enough banks to be able to fund big ticket projects.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
mtisTheQubit:

forgiveness should forgive himself for lying.. cheesy

I have shown you facts several times here. It's up to you people to accept reality. I will not go back on this. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2018
I think insurance is pretty maxed out already. What is needed and treasury has not had the balls to do is a FUNDED Civil Service Pension Fund. We continue to have unfunded civil service pension that depend on tax payers. If we were to force all public servants to belong to Civil Service Pension fund - we would be talking billions of dollars - worth of money - that can be invested.

You need to look at South Africa pension - ours is 10B - Nigeria 20B - South Africa's is 370B!!!!!!!! And the solution is for treasury to move civil servants from unfunded to funded pension - like private sector - and create a huge fund - that would make NSSF look like a joke.

The civil servants would be forced to contribute % with gov meeting 50% of it - and nobody would be entitled to pension from tax-payers moving forward.

Jonraid:
That's a good one.There are many policies that need to be put into place.The insurance industry literally sits on a goldmine,they command huge financial muscles.There has been talks of them being brought in to fund big money projects.Then we have the remittances that can yet fund cash intensive projects,this one would soon be realised.Bright things ahead! We are talking of Sukuk and green bonds right now. The state plan of a the mortgage corporation which should be able to collect 500 million US dollars just for housing is something that should be backed by all stakeholders. Intresting things are happening in Kenya's financial sphere!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Boss, next time you speak this monkey language I will ring in Bubu. Try to be human.
I know u dey feel am, tell me make I teach you make u dey folo throw way am like me. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Based on what - Nigeria buying PayNet from the Zimbwabwean smiley who are running lose making ATM services. I think Kenya banks are far more sophisticated than any in SSA outside South Africa. Our banks are very innovative, very nimble, and very profitable despite the interest capping now.

You know for many decades Barclays and StanChart were kenya biggest bank - but right now - they are on their way out of the top 10 biggest banks - because kenyan local banks are so innovative and competitive.

Nigerian banks in Kenya are making losses - and have no chance in hell - while Kenya banks are kicking arse all the way to Congo.

The biggest innovation right now revolves around Agent and Mobile banking - and Nigeria JUST CANT hack it - while Kenya are on steroids on both counts.

Daejoyoung:

Kenya's financial sector isn't more sophisticated than that of Nigeria. Trust me on this one, you don't wanna go there.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

I'm someone who drives two cars one worth a cool several milli and this is the sort of normal thing amongst my friends. So Def not poor. What you call rich at Wilson I call average. Mind you those tourists at Wilson a good chunk pay money directly to me
Una dey come here come battle who rich pass for Nairaland? Wetin una no go bring come here? Oh my God!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
FrudstaPresidnt:
I know u dey feel am, tell me make I teach you make u dey folo throw way am like me. grin

Me no like pig language . Me like normal speak grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
FrudstaPresidnt:
Una dey come here come battle who rich pass for Nairaland? Wetin una no go bring come here? Oh my God!

Nah, Una make noise grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
mtisTheQubit:

So ya following a blogger who is a liar..well you know what, birds of the same feather flock together grin

MMIA has more passengers than JKIA. Simple and short. No stori. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
rvp2018:
And what were sweating about. You know how many Kenyans make such monies. That would put you in the upper class of Nairobi. But in reality we know you're just a struggling lower middle class. You have two ex-Japanese cars - big deal - I own more than 10 semi-trailers - each worth nearly 10M inclusive the trailer - and I don't want to tell you the real estate I own in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. I pay nearly 3M for my 2 kids per year at international school.And I still won't call myself rich. I am middle class. Keep your lanes. Lets keep this about Nigeria vis Kenya...and don't try to be a monitor here. Nobody elected you one.
Oh boy....You have murdered a brother and you are hereby sentenced by this honourable online court to an undefined period in prison without any option of parole. Court........

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
mtisTheQubit:

good places like europe,americas ,asia but NOt naija grin

Kisumu and Eldoret airports are local airports. Stop fooling yourself. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
mtisTheQubit:

Really? grin grin world ranking not a naija scam..

Show me the link. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
If the housing levy can collect 500 million US dollars annually,then housing is pretty much done. In a decade,that means that Kenya's housing levy would have poured 5 billion US dollars into the market. The pension pool is one that should be considered much just like the way you've said.What is Rotich doing? Lastly,the IMF team have been here and gave some promising outlooks of the economy,I thought they didn't want any business with us after their recent bursts and rants about the shilling and our economy!
rvp2018:
I think insurance is pretty maxed out already. What is needed and treasury has not had the balls to do is a FUNDED Civil Service Pension Fund. We continue to have unfunded civil service pension that depend on tax payers. If we were to force all public servants to belong to Civil Service Pension fund - we would be talking billions of dollars - worth of money - that can be invested.

You need to look at South Africa pension - ours is 10B - Nigeria 20B - South Africa's is 370B!!!!!!!! And the solution is for treasury to move civil servants from unfunded to funded pension - like private sector - and create a huge fund - that would make NSSF look like a joke.

The civil servants would be forced to contribute % with gov meeting 50% of it - and nobody would be entitled to pension from tax-payers moving forward.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
rvp20183:
kenya airways flies to both and you can book you journey from or to Kisumu or Eldoret to any destination.There are cargo flights that take over internationally from Eldoret to Europe.Only the newly completed Isiolo is yet to get it flying act together.

Kisumu and Eldoret airports are local airports. Stop lying. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
darfay:

This thing weak me too o...see as dem dey come Nairaland come fight for eho dey rich pass. Wetin man pikin no go see for here. Make I just faint here

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
darfay:

Tashamaria right now
Bro na you follow kill Tashamaria? grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
mtisTheQubit:

kiddo ya need to back off ...
boy packia sad
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
Yes the housing fund is brilliant. Will deal with housing sector woes. But the funded civil service pension fund will be a game changer. IMF & WB just don't understand how resilient kenyan economy really is.
Jonraid:
If the housing levy can collect 500 million US dollars annually,then housing is pretty much done. In a decade,that means that Kenya's housing levy would have poured 5 billion US dollars into the market. The pension pool is one that should be considered much just like the way you've said.What is Rotich doing? Lastly,the IMF team have been here and gave some promising outlooks of the economy,I thought they didn't want any business with us after their recent bursts and rants about the shilling and our economy!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
Go to KQ and see if you can fly from Lagos to Kisumu or Eldoret. Yes no passenger plane take off directly internationally off them - but they are internationally. Eldoret has international cargo planes take on and off - latest being Ethiopean Airlines
https://www.nation.co.ke/business/Ethiopian-Airlines-starts-cargo-exports-from-Eldoret-Airport/996-4891374-16br15/index.html
forgiveness:

Kisumu and Eldoret airports are local airports. Stop lying. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

No one is here to prove their worth. You would claim to own the planet just to one up when in reality you're still a struggling wannabe. The difference would be if we met in real life and I see why at 37 you still haven't found something to do with life. At 37 I shall be asking for votes from you wannabes and you'll vote for me
Please o.......you folks should fix a venue for this fight in Kibera. I command you folks to halt this public exhibition of rascality forthwith.
How dare you summon such courage to constitute yourselves public nuisance on Nairaland?
This is not Kiberaland hence we wouldn't tolerate this gross ignominy and malfeasance.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

No idea. Mobility in case of war?
Yes.

It's full name is "The Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways"
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
darfay:

Tashamaria logs in with his second account just to beg for mercy
hahahahahaha grin grin grin she, sorry he is the one. She is a pussy.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by FrudstaPresidnt: 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
darfay:

Shame

You lost to a 37 years old man
Oh ma God, u don kill am finish

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Typical. One way to know when these naija idiots have lost is when they do two things:

Bring memes
Speak piglish.

Except of course forgivenes who has Bhuhahahaha
Exactly, they'll bring an argument, when they're beaten they start posting stupid Memes and stupid piglish.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Danielnino00:

You lie!! Maiduguri airport isn't an international airport.

Even at that,the city of Maiduguri hasn't been functioning well since the Boko Haram insurgency started.. I'm not even sure if the airport is still functioning.

It's good when you argue at things arguable but when you're shown the sun and you keep insisting it's the moon then something is seriously wrong with you.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
rvp20183:
Why are you concerned about how we printed money in 80s or 70s.You were importing money as late as 2012 and it was an issues in Nigeria but never in Kenya.You own a minting company incapable of printing polymer notes in 21st century.De la Rue Kenya is Kenyan company.Again you Excel in childish arguments otherwise soon De la Rue Kenya will be printing money for region possibly including Naira as they invest in latest tech.We only have ballots and possibly exams still be imported.. we can certainly do exams internally but ballots are going to remain that way for sometime.
You are mad. You should be flogged for lying. You said Kenya never imported its currency and I showed you the foreign companies that printed your money up till now. Now you are trying to wriggle out of the web you spun yourself into. What's it with you little Indians and lies? It wouldn't kill you to simply admit your error. De LA rue Kenya is not a Kenyan company, it's British; 40% doesn't make a company yours. I ask you again... before 1990, where did you import your money from? Remember, 1990 is just 28 years ago and you are already 37+ years old. It's not as if it's long ago to someone like you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
NairobiWalker:

It's good when you argue at things arguable but when you're shown the sun and you keep insisting it's the moon then something is seriously wrong with you.
it is well written maidguri international airport sometimes i wonder
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Looking at the naija pl table and the lobstars are the league leaders. You try to make it sound like they are minnows but they kickin' everybody in naija.

But how comes none of your teams are continentally famous or giants? One would think the way you make noise about your national team would be the same for local teams. Gor Mania is more popular than any of the teams in that log. I think I only ever heard enyimba FC, or the goal keeper enyimba STH like that. That goes to show that you rely on Europeans to raise your talent in top leagues abroad. All you lazy bones do is pick a squad from among the top European based players.
I've always known that Kenyans are dumb. but I thought you were and exception.. at least by an inch. If we make a list of 50 top clubs in Africa, I assure your Gor Mahia or any Kenyan club won't make the list but u will find at least two Nigerian clubs there.. Enyimba alone has won more continental titles than even Kenya national team.
mind u,I said continental titles not regional titles like that cecafa cup or whatever u folks are still celebrating.. In fact,with the exception of the African nation championship, Nigerian teams have won virtually every football title in Africa CAF champions league, confederation cup,super cup,AFCON, AWCON, beach AFCON.. u name it... we are far ahead of you as far as football is concerned.

I know what's been giving u some balls to drag football matters with us lately.. its because of Everton and Hull City plying friendlies with Gor Mahia,right? grin When Nigerian clubs were playing friendlies with teams like inter Milan,man utd and Portsmouth, Kenyan footballers were still playing monkey post.. Just this year,atletico came to play a friendly with our national teamB..

And your talk about us using European players for our national team is borne out of your stark ignorance of football.. Belgium who finished third at the world cup have one of the best league in Europe yet they went to the world cup with none of their players coming from their league..heck! they even went with a few players from the Chinese league.. you think they are stupid? Brazil and Argentina also have the best leagues in South America yet their national team is made up mostly of European based players.. The Nigeria national team is filled with European based players simply because our best players play in Europe... if you are good, you play in the world best teams and leagues..its simple.. Why don't u guys stop inviting Victor Wanyama and Michael Olunga if it was that simple? You think we don't know that there were foreign based players in that ur team that beat Ghana? grin
Don't come and expose your lack of football knowledge here..stick to posting pictures of coffee shops and filling stations disguised as airports and blanket and tea parties, okay? grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
FrudstaPresidnt:
hahahahahaha grin grin grin she, sorry he is the one. She is a pussy.
Tasha maria and mtis are one and the same. grin He simply used his other moniker to beg for mercy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) (2807) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.