Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,249 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:09 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6327337 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3065) (3066) (3067) (3068) (3069) (3070) (3071) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Goel: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
rvp20183:
Yes Kenya pop growth rate last I checked was 2.7% - I think the aim should be have pop growth around 1-2% - and then try to stick there. Anything less than 1% or a decline then become problematic. So if India is already on 2% - then it's indeed hit a sweat-pot demographically. Kenya need to further drop.

I think in summary India & Kenya will start to enjoy demographic dividend soon. I think in 10yrs - the current largest pop cohort in kenya (5-10) will exist childhood - and we should start seeing an inverted pop structure - rather than pyramid - and the result economic benefit at micro(family) and macro-level will be apparent.
I'm talking about fertility rate buddy. India's population growth rate is 1.09% and fertility rate is 2.3 children per women. If you actually have 2% population growth rate, then look over, its high.
Population Growth Rate of India: 1.098% p.a.

Fertility Rate of India: 2.34 children per women

Now, give me stats for Kenya and Nigeria.wink

I'm repeating, population growth rate higher than 1.5% per year and fertility rate more than 3 children per women is an issue which can your hold per capita income back even after enormous growth.

And don't confuse population growth rate with fertility rate. Fertility rate defines your future population growth rate.
TayserMahri:

Perfect! Both countries actually need to go slow on the planned parenthood thing as they edge towards proper middle income countries. We can actually beat the middle income trap by letting lose on the planned parenthood completely. The millenials in both countries dont have that "fill the world" mentality. Most of them will end up with one or two kids anyway (except Somalis lol grin) without the planned parenthood indoctrination. No hating on Somalis but dang!!
Look when per capita income growth rate has not gone below 5% for last 27 years continuously, population growth rate isn't an issue in India.

Middle income traps happen because of slowdown of consumption and lack of sophisticated technologies, not growing population.
rvp20183:
On a side note, how does it feel to be in a country with 1.2 billion humans !!? Just the feel of it. I usually find it astounding, even surreal, almost like talking of light years. If Indians and Chinese decide to jump at once i bet this planet would wobble by a few inches and we might address or even exacerbate global warming.
Does not make much difference with an area of 3.3 million square kilometers, our country is populous but not that congested as its large in area also.

We just read the we are second most populous from our books and astound ourselves.

Our most cities are highly congested though except some well planned like Bangalore, New Mumbai, Surat and Chandigarh. We have very few cities which can compete with western countries, China has a lot.

Delhi is one of worst cities in India you'd like to reside, Chandigarh & Surat are best.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2019
That is huge. I thought Muthaiga Open & Kenyan open were part of it last year. Anyway that good news.
TayserMahri:

Thats a joke grin That golf course is not even good enough for juniors. The golf courses in Kenya are next level.

Last year, right here, I said that Kenya will be promoted to the PGA European Tour status and it has happened, all down to our pristine golf courses. Im talking about golf courses so pristine you would denounce a free trip to the moon just to come see them. Courses with an airstrip within. Expect the likes of Rory McIlroy, Patrick Reed and Tommy Fleetwood among others in Kenya this year and the prize money is huge.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2019
TayserMahri:

Thats a joke grin That golf course is not even good enough for juniors. The golf courses in Kenya are next level.

Last year, right here, I said that Kenya will be promoted to the PGA European Tour status and it has happened, all down to our pristine golf courses. Im talking about golf courses so pristine you would denounce a free trip to the moon just to come see them. Courses with an airstrip within. Expect the likes of Rory McIlroy, Patrick Reed and Tommy Fleetwood among others in Kenya this year and the prize money is huge.

What is my business with golf courses, huh? I am just proving you wrong with facts because you ignorantly said there is nothing like that in Nigeria. Now, that you have been proven wrong you want to change topic. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
rvp20183:
smiley smiley lol. But what about the BASE LOAD. I think we need to either import Ethiopia hydro or install coal for base load. You know Ugandans are selling us power at 20shs (20 cent) a unit. Greedy bastards.

No wonder we pay them in excess of a billion in one quarter. They should make hay while the sun shines because we're only a few projects away from expending imports and diesel powered plants. And then from then on we will start net-exporting to them at the same cross border tarriff and they must not complain!!! We are not complaining.

I think coal should do for the base load. Then we should go nuclear.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
rvp20183:
You want to turn Lagos into Beijing or polluted India cities where sun is covered by smog. Looking at pictures of Lagos - you're well on the way. Now imagine with your population and your lack of serious on matters enviroment - soon you'll need face masks.Lagos pictures are so grainy it can only indicate there is a serious air pollution problem. I doubt you cannot afford high resolution cameras. Learn from Nairobi and put greenery or enviroment as top concern. Even in whatever CBD - you can still insist on building owners planting trees - elsewhere - including the streets - to compensate for all the carbondioxide they will generate. There is a lot of pubic land that can do with trees and other carbon sinkers - you build a skyscrapper - you got to plant 1 million trees.

The city I went to in Asia is better than Beijing China. Asian cities are conscious of greenery because it is an ancient practice but not all areas are still greenery.

Beijing China is still more greenery than all the cities in Kenya combined.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
tylann:

I read report which said Somali will be one of the largest ethnic groups in Kenya in the next 10 years

Somalis are still getting 12 kids in this day and age.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
rvp20183:
Exactly. Patrick Njoroge is a man of integrity. Obviously whenever corrupt are found culpable they try to smear everyone.

We have a terrible national habit thanks to a combined jua kali media or mediocre journos and unprincipled idlers who'll smear anyone for attention.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
theenchanter:
will do that when I'm chanced.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
Jonraid:
Can any of your courses host a PGA Golf Tour ? As far as golf is concerned, only SA can have the bragging rights in this continent!

We are part of the European Tour.This are the levels that you won't easily reach. Over 500 million people will be watching the Kenya open in TV screens worldwide!

We got promoted from challenge tour so only Kenya, Morocco and SA have bragging rights as far as that is concerned.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
rvp20183:
That is huge. I thought Muthaiga Open & Kenyan open were part of it last year. Anyway that good news.

Its a pity people can't comprehend the obvious implications of a local PGA tour.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
TayserMahri:

Somalis are still getting 12 kids in this day and age.

Plus the illegal immigrants .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ibadan grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
I could have sworn someone said most cars in Nigeria looks old because of "some" pictures he saw!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
Fashion in Nigeria. Very vibrant thanks to nollywood and our music industry

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
rvp20183:
I know about 12yrs ago - Garisa had pop growth rate of 9% annually - and average somali family had more than 10 kids - don't be suprised to see 13kids on average. Then add all the illegal somalis who have bought kenyan citizenship. Their numbers could be huge. They are now everywhere....in kenya..in large numbers than even kikuyus.

True. You can imagine a Somali lady friend of mine is getting a kid every year for the past four years with the aim of hitting at least 10. Mind you she has a masters degree but her husband forced her to quit work because her work for the next ten or so years will be giving birth. Mind you they are wealthy folks and learned, the man is one of the tycoons in Eastleigh tho they live elsewhere where I stay. Whats up? Did the govt ignore Somalis in the planned parenthood program? These guys will fill up Kenya very soon.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
We are not yet in India's stage - we are I think around 3.5 (2016 data)-3.9(2014 data) fertility rate - which is still high - but if you consider we had fertility rate of 8 kids in 70s/80(highest worlwide then) - then you'll realize our fertility decline has been drastic.

We are set to conduct census in august this year and we will know how we are doing.

Yes I think Indian probably in good spot now - and Kenyan need to come down further - and I think we will. Our GDP per capita is inching towards 2000 dollars now.

Goel:

I'm talking about fertility rate buddy. India's population growth rate is 1.09% and fertility rate is 2.3 children per women. If you actually have 2% population growth rate, then look over, its high.
Population Growth Rate of India: 1.098% p.a.

Fertility Rate of India: 2.34 children per women

Now, give me stats for Kenya and Nigeria.wink

I'm repeating, population growth rate higher than 1.5% per year and fertility rate more than 3 children per women is an issue which can your hold per capita income back even after enormous growth.

And don't confuse population growth rate with fertility rate. Fertility rate defines your future population growth rate.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
This is the Ibadan Kenyansh are calling slum grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
forgiveness:

Hahahaha! Technology was transferred by fire by force. grin

Not really. Your country is too unsafe.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
Still on fashion

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lagos

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ikeja lagos Mainland (Inner city street views,undiluted) All from different Locations
Ikeja gat better streets landscaping, side walks, drainages, CCTV coverage,traffics systems, better roads than the whole of Nairobi areas combined grin grin grin grin grin Facts!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
The same Ibadan Kenyansh are calling slum grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2019
Not Nairobi. Nairobi I think has 3 forests, a huge animal park and greenery everywhere except east lands. It not called the green city in the sun for nothing.
forgiveness:

The city I went to in Asia is better than Beijing China. Asian cities are conscious of greenery because it is an ancient practice but not all areas are still greenery.

Beijing China is still more greenery than all the cities in Kenya combined.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ibadan kukuma kill me grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lagos

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
forgiveness:

What is my business with golf courses, huh? I am just proving you wrong with facts because you ignorantly said there is nothing like that in Nigeria. Now, that you have been proven wrong you want to change topic. grin

You shared a video of a golf course called Lukaku or was it Lupita? I was responding to that because your aim was to scare me. If the greeny areas in Nigeria are golf courses then you're a lost civilization. No wonder you say greeny instead of greenery. In Kenya greenery is a norm.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
Eventually they will come to their sense when all that wealth is spend feeding and educating 10 kids.Its normal after 'war' or 'trauma' for people to continue having lots of kids. But once they are convinced the kids will survive; they will stop breading. The problem has been huge child mortality for many generations - so Somalis are still unsure about their kids future. Previously they had many kids but few survived. Now many are surviving as they have access to modern medicine and health services, improved nutrition and peace.
TayserMahri:

True. You can imagine a Somali lady friend of mine is getting a kid every year for the past four years with the aim of hitting at least 10. Mind you she has a masters degree but her husband forced her to quit work because her work for the next ten or so years will be giving birth. Mind you they are wealthy folks and learned, the man is one of the tycoons in Eastleigh tho they live elsewhere where I stay. Whats up? Did the govt ignore Somalis in the planned parenthood program? These guys will fill up Kenya very soon.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lagos

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
rvp20183:

The decision was made last year but the first Open will be this year.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2019
tylann:

I read report which said Somali will be one of the largest ethnic groups in Kenya in the next 10 years
Why not? If the real Kenyans can't impregnate their women, let the Somalis fill the land of Kenya!

Your 2kids policy is stupid.What is happening in Europe,its the same thing you will get in Kenya! The Arabs and Moslems will take over. Bye bye kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lag

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
More of Ikeja Lagos mainland, all pictures are from different locations (Streets) grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3065) (3066) (3067) (3068) (3069) (3070) (3071) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.