Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,938 members, 7,876,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6312216 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3270) (3271) (3272) (3273) (3274) (3275) (3276) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
JaceBlaze:

In a country like Nigeria where the industry doesn't accommodate variety
You are wrong though, Nigeria accommodate many variety of music, afrobeat is not even the most popular genre in Nigeria (pic) afrobeat is to Nigeria what dance hall is to Jamaica, a genre identifiable with Nigeria, Just because they dominate does not mean there are no other genres, what it really boils down to is thirst and cycles, because most people expect afrobeat from Nigeria, they get stuck from one afrobeat to another.

BTW except for a single song here and there most popular Nigerian musicians are into afropop, wizkid, davido, tecno, yemi alade, tiwa e.t.c are all into afropop not afrobeat. Compare "Gbona" (afrobeat) with other popular music from wizkid and Davido, you'll get what I am talking about.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nigeria's agricultural sector in total collapse and also shambles

1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IronGalaxy: 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
JaceBlaze:
He will still try to defend the indefensible.
with more chest beating and delusions in typical fashion grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
samsobo24:
CU isn't even on the same league with Even UG

Covenant university's research output in one month doubled the one of whole of the last year.That's why its the best private university in Africa

That's it,its heavily funded.several private universities rank higher than Ghana's public universities

Private universities are not a good ranking for universities. If you look the top 10 private universities in africa there is none in the top ten universities in africa. Alot of african countries do not allow private universities. Just look at the list of the best universities in africa kenya ghana and south africa fly high

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Continues where are the nigerian universities including covenant. As I said private universities are limited

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
Danielnino00:

Why does South Africa have three capitals?

Why are you confused ??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PROVERBZ(m): 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Show us a country that has a better House music than Msanzi.You guys must learn to separate popularity from quality,those two things have nothing to do with each other.Lol stop using language as an excuse,Daddy Yankee's Despacito song (lyrics written in Spanish) was one of the biggest songs of 2018 even amongst non Spanish speaking people.Your afrobeat don't sell in SA,I frequent music stores (btw I'm not talking about some black market in some shady location) and I must tell you that music stores down here don't even have your CDs on the shelves cause no one buys it,so in what form does your music sell in SA?
niniola came and beat all of you in your house music �� and friend nobody cares about house music OK

who still buys songs at music stores anymore ??south Africans stream Nigerian songs die YouTube their comments are littered everywhere even still am sure the goal of Nigerian artists is not to hit a jack pot in sa .
UK africa and the Caribbean has been conquered a little beat more pushing they can achieve the goal of conquering the USA

look davidos fall and another afro beats song by an ivorian in Nigerian pidgin where the most shazamed songs in new york Joanna is the name of the song how I wish we could take credit for it the guy lives with Nigerians and knows how to speak Nigerian pidgin

I remember when vodacom sa used one mad hit by skales then 'shake body'for an advert they even edited it an added Zulu language hahaha

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
Why do nigerians like to suffer

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

You are wrong though, Nigeria accommodate many variety of music, afrobeat is not even the most popular genre in Nigeria (pic) afrobeat is to Nigeria what dance hall is to Jamaica, a genre identifiable with Nigeria, Just because they dominate does not mean there are no other genres, what it really boils down to is thirst and cycles, because most people expect afrobeat from Nigeria, they get stuck from one afrobeat to another.

BTW except for a single song here and there most popular Nigerian musicians are into afropop, wizkid, davido, tecno, yemi alade, tiwa e.t.c are all into afropop not afrobeat. Compare "Gbona" (afrobeat) with other popular music from wizkid and Davido, you'll get what I am talking about.

Whatever the difference is there between afropop and afrobeat...I just can't tell it.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
vaxx:
stop lying , this is the Times higher magazine ranking for 2016. No Nigeria university make top 13
Oh, thank you. You have even entangled yourself more. The ranking was actually for 2013.grin Against what you said earlier that it was only around 2017 that Nigerian universities starting topping your universities.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IronGalaxy: 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
edon21:

squarely...
South Africa has many genres
Nigeria also has many genres but just that we ve just made afrobeat the most popular cause it's seriously selling out and Africa is known mainly for it today.
Sa ns you are ahead in terms of infrastructure but in terms of entertainment and sports in Africa, you are behind Nigeria
I rest my case
Bro which genres are those? Lol, when someone says " Nigerian" song we know exactly what the song's gonna sound like, ..a lot of screaming and autone and a similar beat for every artist, just admit my brother your music is not diverse same with your movies when the subject is not witchcraft or cheating then its not a Nigerian movie, lol. Look at SA, the most selling genres are actually, house, Gqom, gospel, hip hop , afro soul etc. But Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Soweto gospel choir went on to win us Grammy's and they do totally different genres. Do you have rock bands over there? Opera musicians? Techno DJ's ? Let's face it, you are not on our league

On which planet are you better than us in entertainment and sports for godsakes! Our TV dramas make a mockery of your film industry, our actors are better hence even the movie " Black Panther" took many of our actors directly from out TV shows to feature in that movie, even our rappers made the film's official soundtrack. Our movies are also better, filmed better, acted better, shot with better equipment, sound is better , I can go on and on..Is there a better packaged football league on the continent? Is there a rival for Supersport in sports broadcasting?

Don't get me started with sports, unless you think sports is football, even that we have closed the gap. SA partakes in sporting desciples you don't even know bro, Olympics come and go and the best performing countries are always Kenya and SA, same with the " All Africa games. You aren't a sporting nation you a soccer nation. Tell me again on which planet are you better than SA in sports?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
obaaderemi:
Oh, thank you. You have even entangled yourself more. The ranking was actually for 2013.grin Against what you said earlier that it was only around 2017 that Nigerian universities starting topping your universities.
You are liar. which university ranking body are you using? we are using times higer education here ( british magazine) show us the ranking body of your screenshot

notice, they are still many ranking institution who takes university of ghana ahead of any Nigeria uni today.

your stupid ranking body even shows uniport is the. best in. Nigeria . A big lie for that. matter

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
sufferNsmiling:

Private universities are not a good ranking for universities. If you look the top 10 private universities in africa there is none in the top ten universities in africa. Alot of african countries do not allow private universities. Just look at the list of the best universities in africa kenya ghana and south africa fly high
Covenant university is in the top ten. The ranking is done by Times Higher Education, the world's most reputable organization for such rankings and not the stupid blog you are posting here. Your illiteracy is serious. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
Our boy Felix is in the house! wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IronGalaxy: 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Whatever the difference is there between afropop and afrobeat...I just can't tell it.
there's none. The artists on both genres are the same ol' same ol'

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
vaxx:
You are liar. which university ranking body are you using? we are using times higer education here ( british magazine) show us the ranking body of your screenshot

notice, they are still many uni who takes university of ghana ahead Nigeria uni. today.

your stupid ranking body even shows uniport is the. best in. Nigeria . A big lie for that. matter
Stop weeping. grin https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/top-30-african-universities-times-higher-education-reveals-snapshot-university-ranking
That's the link. Do you think I would be stupid enough to use any other source.https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/top-30-african-universities-times-higher-education-reveals-snapshot-university-ranking
I told you: your days of misinforming people here are numbered. That was the same way you claimed east Africa was receiving more FDI than West Africa because your facts and figures were all muddled up.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
Jonraid:
Our boy Felix is in the house! wink

He is taking instructions from the bosses
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IronGalaxy: 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
PROVERBZ:
niniola came and beat all of you in your house music �� and friend nobody cares about house music OK

who still buys songs at music stores anymore ??south Africans stream Nigerian songs die YouTube their comments are littered everywhere even still am sure the goal of Nigerian artists is not to hit a jack pot in sa .
UK africa and the Caribbean has been conquered a little beat more pushing they can achieve the goal of conquering the USA

look davidos fall and another afro beats song by an ivorian in Nigerian pidgin where the most shazamed songs in new york Joanna is the name of the song how I wish we could take credit for it the guy lives with Nigerians and knows how to speak Nigerian pidgin

I remember when vodacom sa used one mad hit by skales then 'shake body'for an advert they even edited it an added Zulu language hahaha
"Niniola came and beat us in our house music"? That's stretching it a bit don't you think? She simply assimilated to our sound to gain traction in our market. Oh I forgot that's the mentality over there that is why you claim you "develop" the host countries you manage to find yourselves in, lool

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jakandeola(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Bro which genres are those? Lol, when someone says " Nigerian" song we know exactly what the song's gonna sound like, ..a lot of screaming and autone and a similar beat for every artist, just admit my brother your music is not diverse same with your movies when the subject is not witchcraft or cheating then its not a Nigerian movie, lol. Look at SA, the most selling genres are actually, house, Gqom, gospel, hip hop , afro soul etc. But Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Soweto gospel choir went on to win us Grammy's and they do totally different genres. Do you have rock bands over there? Opera musicians? Techno DJ's ? Let's face it, you are not on our league

On which planet are you better than us in entertainment and sports for godsakes! Our TV dramas make a mockery of your film industry, our actors are better hence even the movie " Black Panther" took many of our actors directly from out TV shows to feature in that movie, even our rappers made the film's official soundtrack. Our movies are also better, filmed better, acted better, shot with better equipment, sound is better , I can go on and on..Is there a better packaged football league on the continent? Is there a rival for Supersport in sports broadcasting?

Don't get me started with sports, unless you think sports is football, even that we have closed the gap. SA partakes in sporting desciples you don't even know bro, Olympics come and go and the best performing countries are always Kenya and SA, same with the " All Africa games. You aren't a sporting nation you a soccer nation. Tell me again on which planet are you better than SA in sports?
u are a barstard south animal may ur HIV and jelosy kill u dere. always on naija mata.u sleep eat and wake up naija on ur mind.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
There was only one head of state that visited his inauguration.Whatever his visit means,it is surely deep!
tylann:

He is taking instructions from the bosses
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jakandeola(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
pls all the naija guys this is our blog dont let some south animal come and insult us here. let ignore dem pls wen dey are tired dey deactivated.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IronGalaxy: 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
jakandeola:
u are a barstard south animal may ur HIV and jelosy kill u dere. always on naija mata.u sleep eat and wake up naija on ur mind.
You are aware you sound ret.arded don't you? angry grin

And oh, the HIV jibe got played out in 1848

Bye

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
obaaderemi:
Stop weeping. grin https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/top-30-african-universities-times-higher-education-reveals-snapshot-university-ranking
That's the link. Do you think I would be stupid enough to use any other source.https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/top-30-african-universities-times-higher-education-reveals-snapshot-university-ranking
I told you: your days of misinforming people here are numbered. That was the same way you claimed east Africa was receiving more FDI than West Africa because your facts and figures were all muddled up.
You will be disgrace woefully like. usual .so you are yet to update yourself on the FDI.

Anyway the link you poated has this headline.

""The top 30 snapshot was released as THE holds its inaugural Africa Universities Summit at the University of Johannesburg, and builds on the top 15 that was previewed earlier this year""

now look at the information given from what is. posted.
Give us the date and month in which you get you copy. i intentionally live it since you will lie

well let's see how you understand the information. therein or you need translator.

THE’s second Africa Universities Summit, which will be held at the University of Ghana from 27 to 29 April 2016.

Even. The linnk you posted says 2016 result oit now at the heading, yet you still don't understand .

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/best-universities-in-africa-2016

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
Jonraid:
There was only one head of state that visited his inauguration.Whatever his visit means,it is surely deep!

Only Uhuru went
Fake pan africanism
Where was kagame museveni where was the dictator magufuli
Where was the self proclaimed giant of africa
Where were other Africa presidents
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2019
IronGalaxy:
You are aware you sound ret.arded don't you? angry grin

And oh, the HIV jibe got played out in 1848

Bye

He is emotional don't worry
That is how they react when they are whopped

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
PROVERBZ:

Maradona was not even the biggest House song that year,so who did she beat? she is basically one-hit-wonder status at the moment.The same House music that dominated The Black Panther movie soundtrack is the one you claim no one cares about? your afrobeat was nowhere in sight which just shows that people are growing tired of it.

FYI,people still buy music physically if you didn't know.Check Eminem's latest sales,both digital streams and actually copies.So what's your point? Nigerians are also viewing SA music on YouTube but you never see us bragging about that.

Vodacom selected that song because it basically suited the theme of the Vodacom's "Shake Everyday" promo,not because it's Nigerian or anything like that.You guys use a particular famous Jacob Zuma meme all the time on NL,should I now beat my chest about that? see why I think you have toddler brains?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
Magufuli rarely travels out.He is cutting costs apparently!
tylann:

Only Uhuru went
Fake pan africanism
Where was kagame museveni where was the dictator magufuli
Where was the self proclaimed giant of africa
Where were other Africa presidents
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IronGalaxy: 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
tylann:

He is emotional don't worry
That is how they react when they are whopped
* laughing* they can't argue. They always resort to " they are jealous"* or " they are lazy" type of arguments. And these are the same people that always claim superior intellect

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IronGalaxy: 2:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
JaceBlaze:
Maradona was not even the biggest House song that year,so who did she beat? she is basically one-hit-wonder status at the moment.The same House music that dominated The Black Panther movie soundtrack is the one you claim no one cares about? your afrobeat was nowhere in sight which just shows that people are growing tired of it.

FYI,people still buy music physically if you didn't know.Check Eminem's latest sales,both digital streams and actually copies.So what's your point? Nigerians are also viewing SA music on YouTube but you never see us bragging about that.

Vodacom selected that song because it basically suited the theme of the Vodacom's "Shake Everyday" promo,not because it's Nigerian or anything like that.You guys use a particular famous Jacob Zuma meme all the time on NL,should I now beat my chest about that? see why I think you have toddler brains?
Any reason to brag Jace, lol

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JaceBlaze: 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
IronGalaxy:
there's none. The artists on both genres are the same ol' same ol'
true
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
Jonraid:
Magufuli rarely travels out.He is cutting costs apparently!

Which costs is he cutting
DRC is just at the border
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nigeria is that type of girl who says that she'll love you by force even though you don't like her let alone love her!

They will impose to you that you like their movies and songs!
JaceBlaze:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3270) (3271) (3272) (3273) (3274) (3275) (3276) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.