Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,512 members, 7,895,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:37 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6369944 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
naijalander:
Yeah like that county where the governor took a helicopter to go commission a bridge made out of bamboo. I laugh in swah!

I laughed way too hard at this, but don't insult him he had good intentions grin. Nigerians insult too much
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Olu317(m): 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
obaaderemi:
And you and all your own.
I do not understand your information.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
Let us leave matters that are too sensitive for other threads.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Is there any solution then to this?
True federalism, restructuring, or core Northners being kicked out angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
Let us leave matters that are too sensitive for other threads. Fanficgirl take note.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
TayserMahiri:

These don't look like problems to be overcome soon mehn ! I am beginning to understand the scale of problems in your country now.

Well, we cannot be too pessimistic. Thank God for the social media which has faciliated better interraction.
Many educated core-northernerns are now beginning to see the reason why they must improve western education and alleviate poverty in their states. It is gradually growing.

What i think is happening is a cultural fusion. For instance, my own region of the north used to be very culturally different from the South too, but now the cultural gap is closing because the Southernerns who control the media and the economy are seriously influencing us, by the next generation and as urbanization increases, we would be almost culturally the same as the South. (Although this was probably easier because we have large christian populations and most of our muslims are moderate muslims compared to those in the core-north).
If you compare the adult literacy and youth literacy rates of core-northern Nigeria, you will see some improvement. Many northernerns are also migrating to the south and changing their views. The process will take decades, but it will surely happen.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
Just30:
no African country is straight forward . Your leaders can't just cut it and it goes all the way up to political leadership

You can't compare the politics of any African country with Nigeria's that is why we are Africa's only Presidential Federalism. Nigeria is so complex that an issue can take 30 years to become settled. Think of the U.S and its complexity then you can picture Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
fanficgirl:

Ghana isn't one, a Twi is different from an Ashanti but they are less tribalistic than Nigerian

Ghanaians never practiced regionalism like us. Their cultural and linguistic differences are thinner compared to ours and these differences were never promoted by their founding fathers.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

Well, we cannot be too pessimistic. Thank God for the social media which has faciliated better interraction.
Many educated core-northernerns are now beginning to see the reason why they must improve western education and alleviate poverty in their states. It is gradually growing.

What i think is happening is a cultural fusion. For instance, my own region of the north used to be very culturally different from the South too, but now the cultural gap is closing because the Southernerns who control the media and the economy are seriously influencing us, by the next generation and as urbanization increases, we would be almost culturally the same as the South. (Although this was probably easier because we have large christian populations and most of our muslims are moderate muslims compared to those in the core-north).
If you compare the adult literacy and youth literacy rates of core-northern Nigeria, you will see some improvement. Many northernerns are also migrating to the south and changing their views. The process will take decades, but it will surely happen.

Yeah, it is only a matter of time westernization will surely take over the Core-north. It has started already with Northerners taking part in Nollywood movies,shows listening to Naija music etc. In fact, by now the process should have been highly advanced but for Sani Yerima Shariah movement that slowed things down.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
uzzyfire:
what is dis one saying indulge in wat. Ghanas tribes are similar to each other in one way or d other ,so Ghana shud not talk wen it comes to ethnic diversities. we are talking of a country with 4 entirely different major tribes . we are so different that 4 countries can be carved from Nigeria. frickin 4!!!! that's y I just laugh anytime u guys are talking rubbish stereotypes abt Nigeria when u don't even know anything .

u think Nigeria is as straight forward as other African countries.
no as a Nigerian, he is 100% right

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
fanficgirl:

True, Yorubas seem to side with core North the most

Many yoruba muslims and middlebelt muslims easily feel sympathetic towards Hausa-fulanis.
This is a problem which will always beset Southern/Middlebelt unity.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

Many yoruba muslims and middlebelt muslims easily feel sympathetic towards Hausa-fulanis.
This is a problem which will always beset Southern/Middlebelt unity.
What can we do to change this

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Olu317(m): 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

Well, i agree with Olu317, let's leave bitter histories behind and limit the amount of things we discuss on this thread.

The bottomline is that the South needs to unite as one and tag the middlebelt along, if not the core-north will continue to mislead the country. Do you agree?

Just for the records, you said middlebelters identify as North, biko, were we the ones who colonized ourselves? Millions of yorubas in Kwara and Kogi also identify as North-central. We hate the name but what can we do about it? ....You yorubas are a majority group with so much influence and power, what are you guys doing about your people trapped in the North?
If majority groups cannot do anything about it, i wonder what minority groups will now do.
Yoruba do have influence but not as powerful as you think in the federal government of Nigeria. Although, during the last confab under GEJ, the Yoruba of kwara and kogi states respectively, demanded to be fused with south western states, which was the second option at the confab. The first option being demanded was to merge the Yoruba of both state and form a new state, still to be in western Nigeria. Great Britain did that havoc when they merged North and South together under the protectorate. In all respect, Yoruba have done well as far as the agitation for true regionalism or confederacy to exist if Nigeria must truly move forward. And once others show stronger support to this, it will show that agitation from all the tribes in middle belt as well as Southern Nigeria have a uniform voice. Though ,it doesn't have to be based on selfish purpose but genuineness and determination to use the populace to achieve the needed set goal.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Let us leave matters that are too sensitive for other threads. Fanficgirl take note.
What did I do
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

You can't compare the politics of any African country with Nigeria's that is why we are Africa's only Presidential Federalism. Nigeria is so complex that an issue can take 30 years to become settled. Think of the U.S and its complexity then you can picture Nigeria.
grin grin who even proposed that system for Nigeria? The person really failed Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
fanficgirl:

What did I do

Do not discuss the weakness,strength or xteristics of Nigerian ethnic groups here. It is the quickest way to destroy this thread and this is not an intra Nigerian thread.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Just30:
grin grin who even proposed that system for Nigeria? The person really failed Nigeria.

U are funny o. Nigeria has achieved much success since 1999 when democracy came back because of Federalism. So many states are now moving forward at their own pace due to Federalism. Which other form of government would you suggest for a multi-ethnic nation?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Just30:
no African country is straight forward . Your leaders can't just cut it and it goes all the way up to political leadership
thank you. There's a lack of Nigerian resolve and coming together to solve problems that can be seen by every other African here. That's the source of our problems.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Do not discuss the weakness,strength or xteristics of Nigerian ethnic groups here. It is the quickest way to destroy this thread and this is not an intra Nigerian thread.
I didn't bring it up and other Nigerians are talking about it and are in similar consensus.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
fanficgirl:

I didn't bring it up and other Nigerians are talking about it and are in similar consensus.

You are going into very sensitive issues that spur passion. Wetin concern Yoruba/Hausa alliance with this thread?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Yeah, it is only a matter of time westernization will surely take over the Core-north. It has started already with Northerners taking part in Nollywood movies,shows listening to Naija music etc. In fact, by now the process should have been highly advanced but for Sani Yerima Shariah movement that slowed things down.

Exactly.
If not for that Sharia sweep. Core-north would have been one step ahead. Seriously, Zamfara state is really a problem to Nigeria, just see how the current governor is using religion to play with the minds of his people.

Many of their leaders who want to keep using islam to keep the masses in bondage are fully aware of the Westernization threat to their people and they are trying to fight it by all means.
Many of them are now ashamed because we keep on rubbing statistics to their face of how backward they are. Many northernerns are now migrating out of their states and their views of life is gradually changing.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

U are funny o. Nigeria has achieved much success since 1999 when democracy came back because of Federalism. So many states are now moving forward at their own pace due to Federalism. Which other form of government would you suggest for a multi-ethnic nation?
it would have been best if Nigeria had practised the federal parliamentary republic system
Where the president is selected from parliament
We all knew the division from day one
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

Well God bless you and I hope it happens sooner rather than later. Because the way things are going now, we won't make it to decades in the future
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Just30:
it would have been best if Nigeria had practised the federal parliamentary republic system
Where the president is selected from parliament
We all knew the division from day one

What are the advantages of parliamentary Federalism? And Nigeria actually practised federalism before the civil war.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

You are going into very sensitive issues that spur passion. Wetin concern Yoruba/Hausa alliance with this thread?
every single country have had that kind of discussion before and they managed to resolved key issues
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
fanficgirl:

What can we do to change this

There is nothing we can do about this than to keep on promoting education and socialization in Nigeria.

Yoruba and middlebelt muslims face heavy westernization threats almost as much as christians. As a younger and more united urban population emerges, these extremisms will gradually die down.

I also think we need to keep on including muslims in Nigerian media. The southern controlled media almost completely excludes muslims.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

What are the advantages of parliamentary Federalism? And Nigeria actually practised federalism before the civil war.
you get to do away with the politics of bigmanism and divisions because each region becomes a sub state in the super state called Nigeria.
The president is not elected by the people but the representative of the people. Then the president will feel like he was selected based on a unified front towards a goal
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nowenuse:

There is nothing we can do about this than to keep on promoting education and socialization in Nigeria.

Yoruba and middlebelt muslims face heavy westernization threats almost as much as christians. As a younger and more united urban population emerges, these extremisms will gradually die down.

I also think we need to keep on including muslims in Nigerian media. The southern controlled media almost completely excludes muslims.

Yeah It's key. It is almost as if Northern Nigerian don't exist or are sub-humans to the Nigerian Media. This hardens up Northerners who otherwise would have been receptive. I live in the north and every time you meet a core-northerner he always goes over the top to show that he is just a normal everyday person. They always try to be over pleasant to negate the media's presentation of them as sub-humans and blood-thirsty. The North should be judged based on the parameter used for other Nigerian groups.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
MrMaestro:

Well God bless you and I hope it happens sooner rather than later. Because the way things are going now, we won't make it to decades in the future

grin LoL. Of course we will make it.
This is why those of us who are educated, wealthy and tolerant need to canvass and promote education and poverty alleviation.
Those bad religious and political leaders who are always bent on dividing us with religion and ethnicity will not find poor and illiterate people to do their bidding if there are none.

Have you ever wondered why people in Maitama, Garki, Victoria island, Banana island e.t.c never have ethno-religious conflicts and clashes irrespective of how diverse those places are?
We must work hard to eradicate illiteracy and poverty together as a people.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Just30:
you get to do away with the politics of bigmanism and divisions because each region becomes a sub state in the super state called Nigeria.
The president is not elected by the people but the representative of the people. Then the president will feel like he was selected based on a unified front towards a goal

Hmm. I go try study this your points. But parliamentary system of government is very unstable and not good for delicate countries.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Too late!! I know alot about nigerian peeps. I can even tell by just looking at you alot of things. Besides, am an experienced nairalander, i go through threads in every section. God bless the internet.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

I wasn't the one who brought it up, and it is very pertinent when we are talking about how the South is divided and that's why we can't stand against the core North. True, core Northeneres are heavily vilified in Nigerian media, and that doesn't help matters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.