Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,584 members, 7,878,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6323284 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4427) (4428) (4429) (4430) (4431) (4432) (4433) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 5:49pm On May 11, 2019
jaycent:
Which 40 planes shocked KaziKazi come and bust this my guy here. He wants to lie again grin grin
Kenya airways
40 planes
20 leased , 20 owned

Air Tanzania
0 planes
All the planes are owned by the govt of Tanzania

Nigeria airways it is extinct

So call kazikazi for back up
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 5:49pm On May 11, 2019
jaycent:
My friend shut your useless mouth up you old fat fvck grin grin
please don't use the word "my friend"on me here,we're never colleagues and mind your stupid language you stupid Minna villager,bleeped up citizen of the poverty capital of the world.Have your family being kidnapped yet,go save them,you idiot nitwit
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2019
tylann:

Don't start on that
We know how you Nigerian soldiers run away when they see boko haram
Nigerian soldiers don't run. That's why some of them are dying in a battle filed grin grin

We have distroyed the Boko Haram camp. We Chase them into a deep Forest. But your soldiers. Just 4 alshabaab attacked nairobi, your soldiers where busy lining up as if they're in a assembly ground cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 5:56pm On May 11, 2019
chrisagyei:
hmmm,you see your advantage is due to your casual relationship with them you need to apply for a Kenyan visa when you're a Nigerian traveling to Kenya with your best bet being visa on arrival and even with that you must provide your return ticket,information about you and hotel reservation before being issued a maximum of 3 months limited visa on arrival and a handful of Nigerians can afford that and also as we all know and you indicating,your strict security personnels and force being on them even with that some still manage to dodge statutory procedures,overstay their visas,do illicit activities although they are still being monitored on the radii of the Kenyan security forces buh Ghana's disadvantage is the stupid ECOWAS free movement without a visa.They travel on buses to Ghana without a passport so you can imagine the security lapses.They're here in millions and that's scary.Truely our security forces must be very active on them especially the stubborn ones who unfortunately are the majority.

Your security needs to be extra mean when dealing with nigerians
Geographically position also matters
Somalis , south Sudanese
Congolese have also intruded kenya in plenty .

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisagyei: 5:56pm On May 11, 2019
popizaino:

cheesy
Ironically you remembered that Mallam Junction isn't part of Accra Metropolitan Area but had it been I posted marchatty Hills overlooking the nice buildings on hills, there wouldn't have been any segregation from your part to condemn one area as greater Accra or Accra Metropolitan Area cheesy. And contrary to what you believe I am not desperate in fact far from it.i love Ghana and I have nothing against her but your double standard of always calling out Nigeria as if Ghana was any better is the reason why I posted those pictures.
why did you cross out my comment and yes,Mallam Junction is not in Accra including McCarthy Hills whether one is beautiful or not besides Accra is not the only city in Ghana.in fact the population of Accra is around just 3 million in a country of 30 million.If you claim to love Ghana,then kindly reserve any negative comment about Ghana which is false.How am I playing double standards when it comes to Nigeria,show me?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:57pm On May 11, 2019
chrisagyei:
please don't use the word "my friend"on me here,we're never colleagues and mind your stupid language you stupid Minna villager,bleeped up citizen of the poverty capital of the world.Have your family being kidnapped yet,go save them,you idiot nitwit
E pain am as i want. tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Toju200(m): 5:57pm On May 11, 2019
chrisagyei:
ok guys chill let's not make mouth here before we spoil the relationship between both countries ok. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 11, 2019
Most Dangerous Countries 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 11, 2019
samorobo:

This is some silly piece of shiit. Did they retrieve that data when they concluded that we would hold that position for a generation. Remember we have insulted imf and world bank by defying them on their recent incompetent prediction on our Gdp growth in 2018 and we are committed to humiliate them more this year. World bank and imf are some sick illiterate incompetent jokes

Go and file your stupid cries to them, not me grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 11, 2019
For naijas who think boko haram is tough just compare with al shabaab an isis..book guys just look like sisies grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 6:04pm On May 11, 2019
jaycent:
Nigerian soldiers don't run. That's why some of them are dying in a battle filed grin grin

We have distroyed the Boko Haram camp. We Chase them into a deep Forest. But your soldiers. Just 4 alshabaab attacked nairobi, your soldiers where busy lining up as if they're in a assembly ground cheesy

Jaycent boko haram over run borno state recently

Terrorists attacks happen in usa, london , paris
Nairobi is no different
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 11, 2019
samorobo:

Hey disguised NairobiWalker did I hit a nerve

NairobiWalker look at this ever crying muppet mentioning your name grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 11, 2019
am searching for something niceabout naija but nothing..you guys are not in the list grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 11, 2019
there you are grin at least something good... grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:16pm On May 11, 2019
Yobeezy:

NairobiWalker look at this ever crying muppet mentioning your name grin grin

I gave him a beating sometime back. He's nursing injuries and hoping he can do a damage control rematch. You know just after an argument when you start getting ideas of the things you should have said? He's going through that phase hence hoping for a rematch. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 6:23pm On May 11, 2019
NairobiWalker:

I gave him a beating sometime back. He's nursing injuries and hoping he can do a damage control rematch. You know just after an argument when you start getting ideas of the things you should have said? He's going through that phase hence hoping for a rematch. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That is why he is always emotional

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 11, 2019
did you guys recapture your oil production giant thingy.. grin grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 11, 2019
dang it you recaptured the oil production an also recaptured the poverty thingy which people are saying its permanent grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 6:30pm On May 11, 2019
[quote author=Toju200 post=78306321][/quote] Nigeria army is just made of village savages
best for brutalizing nigerians
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 6:32pm On May 11, 2019
Toju200:
ok guys chill let's not make mouth here before we spoil the relationship between both countries ok. cool
that relationship not existing will be great for Ghana
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 6:37pm On May 11, 2019
edon21:

you can start attacking them if you have the guts then you will see your village in flames
grin grin grin come and see how your people are pleading just to live in Ghana. grin grin

Even committing to arrest the criminals among them for the police before they run away.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 11, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

are you sure it was the rain or the drink boss.. grin

grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 11, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

man dont joke with makoko...guys shop using boats..even kids ride boats to go shop milk an stuff....them shops are also boat based ..awesome eh grin

i heard a joke that in Makoko you can find everything except a grave grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 11, 2019
TayserMahri:

i heard a joke that in Makoko you can find everything except a grave grin

grin grin hakuna langata huko
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 11, 2019
sufferNsmiling:

Thank you very much I have complained a lot of times this will increase the picture size to 15 MB add include videos. any phone from 16 megapixel camera wide shorts is more than 4 MB and some of us have powerful phones of 28 megapixel

Ya right. They should change the 4 MB rule.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 6:40pm On May 11, 2019
Oga don't cheat us grin grin Al shaabab is more deadliest than Book Haram
Toju200:
Boko Haram is the world most dangerous terror group and is being battled by nigeria alone most of the time.ISIS is the fifth most dangerous terror group and was being battled with by US, Russia, France,UK, Syria and Iraq, Kurds, turkey.these powerful countries battling just ISIS alone.so on the case of Boko Haram insurgency it's not easy. the toughest wars are fought at home

123,409 views|Dec 5, 2018,12:30 am
The Deadliest Terrorist Groups In The World Today
Dominic DudleyContributor
I write about business and politics in the Middle East and beyond
Of the 18,814 deaths caused by terrorists around the world last year, well over half were due to the actions of just four groups: Islamic State, the Taliban, Al-Shabaab and Boko Haram.

According to Global Terrorism Index 2018, compiled by the Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP), these four organisations were responsible for 10,632 deaths in 2017. Their actions contribute to the instability of what are some of the most dangerous countries in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Somalia and Syria. Over the past decade they have accounted for 44% of all terrorist deaths.

Islamic State – 4,350 deaths in 2017

Also known in the Arab world as Daesh and by the acronyms ISIS and ISIL, Islamic State has been the deadliest terrorist group in the world for the past three years. It has been largely defeated in its home territory of Syria and Iraq but it remains capable of launching attacks in those countries and has also inspired individuals and affiliated groups to stage attacks in other parts of the Middle East as well as Europe and Asia.

ISIS tends to prefer bombings or explosions – these accounted for 69% of its attacks last year. However, it also carries out hostage takings and assassinations.

However, Islamic State’s powers now look to be on the wane. Last year it carried out 22% fewer attacks than the year before, with the number of deaths dropping from 9,150 in 2016 to 4,350 in 2017. The number of deaths per attack also dropped from eight in 2016 to 4.9 in 2017.

An Islamic State propaganda mural painted on a wall in east Mosul, Iraq, on January 28, 2017. The painting, featuring an armed Islamic State fighter with fighter jets in the background, translates as, ‘We will win and we know that all the coalition countries are our enemies’. (Photo: Martyn Aim/Corbis via Getty Images)
An Islamic State propaganda mural painted on a wall in east Mosul, Iraq, on January 28, 2017. The painting, featuring an armed Islamic State fighter with fighter jets in the background, translates as, ‘We will win and we know that all the coalition countries are our enemies’. (Photo: Martyn Aim/Corbis via Getty Images) GETTY
The Taliban – 3,571 deaths in 2017

The Afghan group has been waging a war of attrition with the U.S.-backed coalition since 2001 and has proven remarkably resilient. As of mid-2017, it controlled an estimated 11% of the country and was contesting a further 29% of Afghanistan’s 398 districts. It is active in 70% of Afghanistan’s provinces.

In 2017, Taliban forces were responsible for 699 attacks, causing 3,571 deaths, with armed assaults and bombings the most common form of attack. In addition, its affiliate in neighbouring Pakistan, Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, was responsible for a further 56 attacks and 233 deaths.

The Taliban’s actions have become more deadly in the past year, killing an average of 5.1 people per attack in 2017 (up from 4.2 people the year before). The group has adjusted its tactics in recent years, switching its focus away from attacks on civilian targets and towards police and military personnel.

The Taliban killed 2,419 police and military personnel in 2017, up from 1,782 the year before. The number of attacks on such targets also increased from 369 in 2016 to 386 in 2017. At the same time, the number of civilian deaths caused by the Taliban fell to 548 in 2017, compared to 1,223 in 2016.

Afghan security personnel present a Taliban fighter dressed as a woman to the media at the Afghan National Army headquarters in Jalalabad on March 17,2018. (Photo: NOORULLAH SHIRZADA/AFP/Getty Images) GETTY
Al-Shabaab – 1,457 deaths in 2017

The extremist militant group Al-Shabaab emerged in 2006. It is an affiliate of Al-Qaida and while its main area of operations is Somalia, it has also carried out attacks in Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda.

Al-Shabaab was the deadliest terror group in sub-Saharan Africa in 2017, being responsible for 1,457 deaths, a rise of 93% on the year before. Two-thirds of the deaths were in the Somali capital Mogadishu. The worst incident was in October 2017, when 588 people were killed and 316 injured in an explosion outside the Safari Hotel in the Hodan area of the city.

Many of the countries worst affected by terrorism have seen a decline in the number of deaths over recent years, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Nigeria and Pakistan. Somalia, however, has been an unfortunate exception to that trend, due to the actions of Al-Shabaab. There have been almost 6,000 deaths from terrorism in the country since 2001.

A Somalia police officer investigate the scene of a suicide bomb attack in the capital, Mogadishu on October 1, 2018 after a suicide bomber rammed a vehicle loaded with explosives into a vehicle carrying a European Union military convoy, injuring two civilians. – Al-Shabaab Islamists claimed responsibility for the attack. (Photo: ABDI HUSSEIN FARAH/AFP/Getty Images) GETTY
Boko Haram – 1,254 deaths in 2017

The Nigerian terrorist group Boko Haram (also known by the far longer name Jama’tu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad) was once the world’s deadliest terror group but it has been in decline since 2014 and has recently started to splinter into different factions, the largest of which is the Islamic State West African Province (ISWAP).

Since it emerged in the northeast of the country in 2002 it has spread out to other nearby countries including Chad, Cameroon and Niger and the group has sworn allegiance to Islamic State.

The fall in terrorist deaths in Nigeria in recent years – the number of deaths is down 83% from the 2014 peak – indicates that the region’s security forces, assisted by international allies, are having an impact on groups such as Boko Haram. The battle is far from won, though. Boko Haram carried out 40% more attacks and was responsible for 15% more deaths in 2017 than in the year before.

Most of the group’s attacks last year were carried out in Nigeria – particularly in Borno State – with smaller numbers in Cameroon and Niger. The group has gained notoriety for mass hostage takings and the extensive use of children and women as suicide bombers.

Founder of Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) advocacy group, Oby Ezekwesili (L) is comforted by Aisha Yesufu, a member of the group, during a protest in the Nigerian capital Abuja on October 16, 2018, following the killing of a kidnapped female Red Cross worker by Boko Haram jihadists. (Photo: MUDASHIRU ATANDA/AFP/Getty Images) GETTY
Other terrorist groups

Beyond these four deadly organisations, myriad other terrorist groups are active around the world. Last year, a total of 169 groups were responsible for at least one death, but more than 130 others also carried out attacks.

Many of these groups are small but some are large, including Al-Qaida which is thought to have 30,000 fighters across 17 countries in the Middle East and Africa. Other less well-known groups are becoming more prominent, including the Fulani in Nigeria which was responsible for 321 deaths and 72 attacks in 2017. While those numbers represented a fall from its activities in 2016, IEP says that there has been a significant increase in violence by the group in 2018. Another deadly group in Nigeria is the Bachama, which carried out four attacks and killed 30 people in 2017.

In Syria, there are numerous terrorist groups, including Hayat al-Tahrir al-Sham (previously known as both Jabhat Fateh al-Sham and Al-Nusra) and Jaysh al-Islam. They were responsible for 176 and 127 deaths respectively in 2017.

In Pakistan, the most active groups include Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and the Khorasan Chapter of the Islamic State, which is also active across the border in Afghanistan.

In neighbouring India, the most deadly group last year was the Communist Party of India (Maoist), also known as the Naxals, which was responsible for 205 deaths and 190 incidents. The northern Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir is a particular focus of terrorist activity in India. Last year five different groups, including Lashkar-e-Taliba, Jaish-e-Mohammad and Hizbul Mujahideen, were responsible for 102 deaths in the state between them.

In Yemen, the most active group is the Houthi rebels, which are fighting a brutal war against the Saudi-led coalition which supports the internationally-recognized government of President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi. It’s worth noting that the definition of terrorism used by IEP – which only covers attacks by non-state actors – means the targeting of civilians by Saudi forces and their allies is not included in the Global Terrorism Index. Other active groups in Yemen include Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and Adan-Abyan Province of the Islamic State.

Among the deadliest groups operating outside the main terrorist hotspots of Africa and the Middle East is The New People’s Army in The Philippines. Last year it killed 113 people in 235 attacks around the country. There is also an Islamic State affiliate in the country, Abu Sayyaf – Philippines Province, which was responsible for 37 deaths last year. Another collection of Islamist extremists, the Maute Group, killed 26 people.

In Western Europe and North America, far-right extremists are a growing threat. In 2017, they carried out 59 attacks which killed 17 people. Most of the incidents were carried out by individuals motivated by extreme white nationalist or anti-Muslim beliefs.

The cost of all this terrorism in 2017 has been conservatively estimated at $52bn by the IEP.

New Peoples Army guerillas march during a ceremony to handover captured government soldiers to officials and peace advocates, on the island of Mindanao on April 19, 2017. (Photo: MANMAN DEJETO/AFP/Getty Images) GETTY
Dominic Dudley is a freelance journalist with almost two decades' experience in reporting on business, economic and political stories in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe.
Dominic DudleyContributor
Loading ...
Also on Forbes Industry
Deloitte BrandVoice: Transforming The Balance Sheet: Navigating New Lease Standards For Success
TRANSPORTATION#BigData
JDA Software Demos Some Exciting New Products

© 2019 Forbes Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.
AdChoicesPrivacy StatementTerms and ConditionsContact UsJobs At ForbesReprints & PermissionsForbes Press RoomAdvertise
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 11, 2019
Kenya to Undertake 3D Seismic Over the Shallow Offshore Area Lamu Basin

see the map haters grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 11, 2019
NairobiWalker:

You did a good job there grin grin The guy is ever crying, he's the only Nigerian in this thread who's ever personal and emotional with his long gibberish grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

sufferNsmiling:

How do they allow you to take pictures. When I visit some of these areas there is a sign no cameras no pictures. sometimes when they catch you taking a picture they want to take your phone

I guess it depends on the venue. Some places do allow while others dont. Generally those touristy areas will allow while more business/govt areas will not.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 11, 2019
edon21:

feeling jealous now? lol

Jealous of what bro?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 11, 2019
Yobeezy:

Go and file your stupid cries to them, not me grin

grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 11, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

grin grin hakuna langata huko

they dont die grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4427) (4428) (4429) (4430) (4431) (4432) (4433) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.