Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,986 members, 7,876,729 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 04:20 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6315727 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:56pm On May 12, 2017
Hbuyosh:

What much has changed within those 7 short years? Has Nigeria been experiencing dramatic economic growth and falling in poverty levels? Nigeria for one has been going thru some serious economic upheveals, any intelligent observer, even with the minimum grasp of economics would conclude that the standerds of living have taken quite some battering as a result.

AfDB hasnt released another study on the matter since 2010- or rather, I am not aware if they have, thus my having to use that 2010 data. U can display the latest data if u have them. Meanwhile........Kenya is ahead of Nigeria in terms of the percentage of the middle class group. But in terms of the absolute numbers, u definately have more, all thanks to your much larger population size.

Nigeria have been growing at an average of 6% yearly and you are asking what has changed? Everything has changed bro and Nigeria equally became the largest economy in Africa within those 7 years. The entertainment sector, agricultural sector, telecommunications sector, education sector, etc everything change bro?

Hatred make you blind.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:58pm On May 12, 2017
Welcome to KISUMU CITY

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leathalbeast: 9:01pm On May 12, 2017
WIZGUY69:

Have searched and searched.. but I can't seem to find anything tangible.. grin
I guess there's nothing there really..
OK if that makes you happy then stick to that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 12, 2017
iblawi:

Nigeria have been growing at an average of 6% yearly and you are asking what has changed? Everything has changed bro and Nigeria equally became the largest economy in Africa within those 7 years. The entertainment sector, agricultural sector, telecommunications sector, education sector, etc everything change bro?

Hatred make you blind.

Not to argue but I hope you know that nigeria became largest economy after rebasing. Its not like you grew in leaps and bounds
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:02pm On May 12, 2017
Kisumu

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:05pm On May 12, 2017
Kism city

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:08pm On May 12, 2017
Kisumu

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 9:09pm On May 12, 2017
Jay254:

That drop is huge Only an amorphous economy can do that...

I know Common sense is not common but the truth is that it is not more than logical reasoning. As at 2014 forex inflow was $40 billion but in 2016 it stood at $13 billion and I believe this is enough to explain why naira to Dollar rate dropped as low as 525 naira to $1 at the black market and in 2017 forex inflow is increasing and it has risen to $380 - 390 at the same black market which is the most expensive place to get dollar.

The same thing that drop the value will equally raise the value back. It may surprise you that this changes happened in just 3 months and we still have over 7 months to the end of 2017. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:11pm On May 12, 2017
GERALD710:

Dude
1.Port Harcourt basically....Stinks. The place smells of fish and crude everywhere.Please do not say it is because of the oil industry.Mombasa has a refinery and imports pertoleum products for the entire region and does not smell like that.
2.Can you show even a single beach on Port Harcourt.And I mean a beach, not a sand collection site like virtually all beaches in West Africa, save for Senegal ,look like. Because they are all composed of rough yellow sand, the one used in construction.
Ours are made of sugar white soft powdery coral sand
The place is all mangrove(which we have in Mombasa, in creeks, not at the beach.And the beaches are littered everywhere!!

3.Port Harcourt has better transport facilities than Mombasa.That I very much agree!!Mombasa does not have a mono rail.However, the road system is currently being upgraded and so is the commuter rail system.
But on an estate level, Port Harcourt is a big FAIL.Most estates are covered with dirt roads.Mombasa as of 2015, is more than 70% carbopaved
4. Port Harcourt has better health amenities than Mombasa
Lawd!!!In Nigeria, not even Lagos measures up to Mombasa in terms of health facilities, leave alone Nairobi.Nigeria's health sector both public and private is CRAAAAAAAAP!!!
5.Port Harcourt has better city and more highrise than Mombasa. The last two pages showed 25 highrise already top up with others already on ground. Pls, take note that highrise is defined as structure with 12 and about floors.
No it does not.Who told you Mombasa's high rises are concentrated in the CBD alone
Port Harcourt has better vibrant Estates than Mombasa.}
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!Woooooi!!I actually come from Mombasa, we live side by side Arabs,Swahilis,Coastal Africans,Asians and more recently, Europeans like the Brits ,Italians and Germans.
Port Harcourt is dominated by one community, the Ijaw followed by Ibos, all dark skinned fellows, making the place look boring and very very very very very very very!!! Poor English!!!
Port Harcourt has better Sport amenities than Mombasa .
Yes it does.Our staduim construction has been delayed for several years now.
Port Harcourt has more refineries than Mombasa
You mean refineries that have not been working since the 1970sDude, who are you trying to fool We all know Nigeria has been importing fuel despite it being a crude oil producer.The entire Africa knows!!!
We had a functioning refinery until 2013 and according to the BBC, West African fuel is 'Dirty fuel' imported from Europe.The fuel in East Africa is actually the cleanest on the continent!! We actually made several reformes in 2005 where we banned dirty fuel.Meanwhile even plastic bottles in Nigeria are not safe!!http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37373414
As for Industries in Mombasa.Mombasa is the second most industrialised city in Kenya and the third in East Africa. A simple google search gives you 3000 resultshttps://www.google.com/search?q=Mombasa+Industries&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b#q=Mombasa+Industries&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=-4060012,39656432,940&tbm=lcl&rldimm=6504144230609431674&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2
So what are you talking about Mombasa has the largest Dockyard on the continent after Durban.We actually do ship repairs here!!

Port Harcourt has better public schools than Mombasa
Lawd!!!At no point has Nigeria's public school system ever been superior to that of Kenya at primary or secondary level.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index
So No.
Plus Mombasa's public schooling is waaaaaay above even that of most Nigerian cities. Leave alone Port Harcourt.

grin grin grin

1, how do you know Port Harcourt smells of crude and fish everywhere? grin Because the last time I went there, it has an aroma of Korea. grin

2, is there beach in Paris? But how come it is one of the most beautiful country in the world? grin

3, Good you agreed on the transportation aspect, but How do you know Port Harcourt is filled with dirty roads? grin

4, please, show me the pictures of public health centres in Mombasa. Make we see. Pictures don't lie. grin

5, how many highrise is in Mombasa? Please, prove it with a reliable source or pinktures. grin But for now Port Harcourt has more than 28 highrise. grin

6, Bhuuuhahaha! grin Port Harcourt is among the cities in Nigeria oyinbo walking updan. grin Those people you see in Mombasa are likely citizens of Kenya. grin Na normal things. grin

7, who told you the Refineries has stopped working? Is Mombasa's Refinery function? Because your statement suggested it doesn't. grin

8, I will come to industries later? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:12pm On May 12, 2017
Kisumu..

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 9:12pm On May 12, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Not to argue but I hope you know that nigeria became largest economy after rebasing. Its not like you grew in leaps and bounds

Do you know the reason for re-basing the economy? There were many sectors that were not reflecting in the old one. Most countries rebase economy after 2 - 3 year but Nigeria didn't rebase since 1992.

Hope this will make you sleep now
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 12, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Have you been there?

What happened to Ednite?
No! I will never set my foot in that rock Tigray region. Lol, I'm kidding.

She has changed her name to "Ednited".
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:15pm On May 12, 2017
Kisumu...

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:17pm On May 12, 2017
vaxx:
sugomu supo. Wikipedia put aramco revenue on 311billion dollars and value the net worth of aramco to be over 10 trillion dollar. My question is this to you apoda omo kekere. If nigeria finish its expenditure from 54 billion dollar revenue how much will be left out. Saudi arabia is richer than samsung even if it earn 300billion dollar. Saudi arabia gdp stand at 1 trillion dollar. Have you seen pe olodo ni e.
Werey ma leleyi o! So because saudi's gdp is $1tr,you can admit that saudi is richer than samsung but Nigeria's GDP which stands at $490bn does not make nigeria richer than aramco which made just $118bn and paid 90% of it as tax.I put it to you once again that saudi's govt revenue is just$190bn,does that make samsung with $300bn richer than the whole of saudi?I am sure all of this is beyond ur empty coconut head.I'm sure others are enjoying your alarming ignorance as you try to dig yourself out of the hole you put yourself into.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:18pm On May 12, 2017
Kisumu.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 12, 2017
Khoda:

Ghana
Southafrica
Kenya.
A all better than NIGERIA in all ramifications.
Ur country is a joke.
What u know best is are crimes.
Yorubas and igbos with their internet scam rituals and drugs and raping of kids (paedophilia ) shame on u lots.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:25pm On May 12, 2017
uzzyfire:
I'm sorry bro but these Kenyans and ghanains are very funny . imagine one of dem saying Nigerias GDP is false, I just have to laff
Is it not even hilarious?Ghana,kenya,south africa against only Nigeria.I don't know what to say but 'loooll.'
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 9:28pm On May 12, 2017
obaaderemi:
Is it not even hilarious?Ghana,kenya,south africa against only Nigeria.I don't know what to say but 'loooll.'

That is why we are the giant of Africa

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 12, 2017
iblawi:

Do you know the reason for re-basing the economy? There were many sectors that were not reflecting in the old one. Most countries rebase economy after 2 - 3 year but Nigeria didn't rebase since 1992.

Hope this will make you sleep now

You shouldn't have rebased at all. Your initial gdp was commensurate on the ground but not the 500 bn dollar gdp.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 12, 2017
Hati13:

No! I will never set my foot in that rock Tigray region. Lol, I'm kidding.

She has changed her name to "Ednited".

Why not?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 12, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Stop comparing Nigeria to the USA. The USA has a GDP of $18 trillion that's why it's a world power. Nigeria has a GDP of $294 billion and peaked in 2014 at $584 billion. How can such a country be a superpower? You have a lower GDP than Singapore - can you consider Singapore a superpower? Stop comparing yourself with the US dude
dude our GDP is

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:50pm On May 12, 2017
vaxx:
abi eleyi o gbon nii. if you can not trust vanguard news on abuja poor road. You also can not trust nigeria stateman fani kayode. But you trust when he wrote against kenya. In hausa language we called you da nima.

Ji mn wannan dan iska. Haihuwan asara! Kana son ka zage ni da hausa? Ci uwar ka.

You do not even know hausa at all.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 9:51pm On May 12, 2017
obaaderemi:
Werey ma leleyi o! So because saudi's gdp is $1tr,you can admit that saudi is richer than samsung but Nigeria's GDP which stands at $490bn does not make nigeria richer than aramco which made just $118bn and paid 90% of it as tax.I put it to you once again that saudi's govt revenue is just$190bn,does that make samsung with $300bn richer than the whole of saudi?I am sure all of this is beyond ur empty coconut head.I'm sure others are enjoying your alarming ignorance as you try to dig yourself out of the hole you put yourself into.
mr ode nigeria gdp stand at 490billion with 54billion revenue dollar while aramco networth stands at 10 trillion dollar with a revenue of 311 billon dollar. Only a fool like you will still argue this.you dodge my question ? after nigeria 54 billion dollar revenue and expenditure is taken out how much will be left. Now to samsung. Samsung has net worth of 526 billion dollar with a revenue of 300 billion dollar. While saudi arabia with a gdp of 1 .2 trillion dollar with a revenue of 160 dollar. Who is more richer. Simple calculation should tell you that saudi arabia is richer even after earning lower than samsung becuse there is surplus to tap from. After 300 bilion dollar of samsung revenue the expenditure will make it lower and poor. You do not reason why i dont choose samsung but i choose aramco vs nigeria. Go back and write jamb.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 9:52pm On May 12, 2017
TayserMahiri:

You shouldn't have rebased at all. Your initial gdp was reflecting on the ground but not the 500 bn dollar gdp.
Do you want to tell me Kenya didn't rebase their economy after Nigeria did hers?

What was it reflexing on the Ground? Do you even know how many local companies came up in the last five years? The infrastructure and development? Even for the fact that Ogun state that was no where suddenly became the most industrialized state is enough to prove this.

You are now becoming irritating.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 12, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Why not?
I'm just kidding. I really want to visit that historical place, where our fathers and mothers died for our freedom.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:53pm On May 12, 2017
NairobiWalker:

I would rather we have no billionaires but several millionaires and a very large middle class. That's real development.

But Nigeria has a larger middle class than your country still.
Imagine Nairobi where over 60% of the population live in slums. Where then is the middle class?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 9:54pm On May 12, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ji mn wannan dan iska. Haihuwan asara! Kana son ka zage ni da hausa? Ci uwar ka.

ku ya mini hausa dan banza
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 9:56pm On May 12, 2017
NairobiWalker:

You've seen no statistics buddy. In fact you no nothing about statistics and the economy. If you knew anything you'd realize all statistics indicate Nigeria has a bigger inequality than Kenya. Kenya's Gini = 42.5, Nigeria's Gini = 43 ..... oh, my bad. I forgot you don't even know what Gini is. Gini coefficient is an index used to measure wealth distribution. The higher it is, the more the inequality.

Pathetic!
You didn't realize that was what I was alluding to all along. Then again I was luring you into a trap, now that you've paste the stats that wikipedia has cooked up for you, I can now proceed. Oh NairobiWalker why don't you tell the full story?
If you don't, I will.
In developing countries (e.g Nigeria, Kenya), the Gini coefficient tends to drop overtime. It would be bogus to claim a country is "more backward" based on a .5 difference in Gini coefficient. Now, that's giving NairobiWalker the benefit of the doubt that his stats are accurate. However, it would be wrong to suggest so. In 2010, the Gini index for Nigeria was 43 while Kenya's figure in 2014 was 42.5, meaning it took Kenya almost 4 years to catch up to Nigeria in terms of wealth distribution. Looking at the map below created in 2014 at a more accurate time, it would suggest that as of 2014, Nigeria's inequality (pinkish white) falls in the middle and is comparable to that of the US, meanwhile Kenya's Gini coefficient index falls in the light reddish zone, comparable to that of China.

Oh one more thing, inequality is only one piece of the puzzle, corruption is the other.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 12, 2017
iblawi:

Do you want to tell me Kenya didn't rebase their economy after Nigeria did hers?

What was it reflexing on the Ground? Do you even know how many local companies came up in the last five years? The infrastructure and development? Even for the fact that Ogun state that was no were suddenly became the most industrialized state is enough to prove this.

You are now becoming irritating.

Lol ok dude. Enjoy your Furahiday
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 12, 2017
Hati13:

I'm just kidding. I really want to visit that historical place, where our fathers and mothers died for our freedom.

That place should be your next visit. I don't know what you will remain with this time you might go back home nude
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 10:03pm On May 12, 2017
Nowenuse:

a ini ba dan iska bani. ni dan halali
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 10:03pm On May 12, 2017
Nowenuse:

Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 25 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.