Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,612 members, 7,895,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6374038 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7250) (7251) (7252) (7253) (7254) (7255) (7256) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
samorobo:

This is the render image..you can go on Instagram then type "alaro city" to follow the progress..it syartes in 2019...

Even the awka millennium city in awka that started in October looks better that tatu
Ongoing construction of Awka millennium city

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
samorobo:

This is the render image..you can go on Instagram then type "alaro city" to follow the progress..it syartes in 2019...

Even the awka millennium city in awka that started in October looks better that tatu
More

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
samorobo:

The render

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
samorobo:

More

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
Lionessza6:

@ the bolded ,I dont think so,as I see no single African nation that can claim true independence; full control of its resources and issuing of money

Sanctions aren't the only weapon; you still have the boko haram issue. What if Buhari pulled back after a threat to fund more such groups?. Do you have the capacity to curtail that?.

So you are for a little dictatorship like me ? grin
uhm, yeah... U're right. But then, there's no nation in d world thats truly independent, not even d US of A. Nations are still dependent on each other for one thing or d other, d level of dependence may only differ. A case where Africa lags behind.

I dont think cocoa ish may lead to threat to terrorism...... And I hope it doesn't. grin

Yeah, I'm in for a lil dictatorship.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Zanzibar, Tanzania

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
samorobo:

And more

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2020
forgiveness:

South Korea was poorer than Nigeria in the 60s to middle or late 80s. Many of them lived in Nigeria to find job.
there's never a point in time when S. Korea was poorer than Nigeria.

African country only seem rich cos of their vast natural resources. unfortunately, a country's wealth isn't buried in earth crust, a country's wealth is in its people and not kms into d ground.

S.Koreans didn't come to Nigeria in search of job, as a matter of fact, they came to have a cut of the pie disguised as nationals.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
Zanzibar, TZ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
theenchanter:
huge population isn't a problem if the country has a high human development rate... Those highly developed people will drive d economy of such countries.

But countries with lowly developed people is a problem to d govt. It depends on d side of d coin.
Yes educated populated growth remains the watchword. I will argue , China current educated growing population is the brain behind her successful economy and not necessarily the population control ( though there is some prose to it which I will agree) the One Child Policy is still being felt by its citizens, with the generation becoming older. now the policy has being lifted and it is expected that China will be having three million more babies every year, that is directly a success to China growing consumer market..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2020
Zanzibar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Lionessza6(f): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
TayserMahri:

Very true. The leaders who thought of that and actually attempted it are dead now, killed. Think Sankara, Lumumba, Ghadafi etc...Even the current ones know the right things to do but they cant dare upset the system lest they pay a hefty price.

Lol, it's a hostage situation. No wonder there is so much anti china noise all over the place ,not that I'm saying they would be great friends either but I think it's better to try something new than make the same mistakes over & over again( & ultimately end up in the same place ). There can never be a healthy partnership between Africa and the West,it will always be a master & slave union as long as one is not only fearful,helpless (military), but also without any alternatives.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2020
theenchanter:
huge population isn't a problem if the country has a high human development rate... Those highly developed people will drive d economy of such countries.

But countries with lowly developed people is a problem to d govt. It depends on d side of d coin.
Huge population can even be a blessing to Africa if we know what to do with it and get the demography right. China and India for example have huge populations but you hardly see a family having more than two kids in those countries.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2020
vaxx:
Yes educated populated growth remains the watchword. I will argue , China current educated growing population is the brain behind her successful economy and not necessarily the population control ( though there is some prose to it which I will agree) the One Child Policy is still being felt by its citizens, with the generation becoming older. now the policy has being lifted and it is expected that China will be having three million more babies every year, that is directly a success to China growing consumer market..
true. And d sad case is that poor people tend to make more babies, looks like sex is d only thing that makes a poor man happy and lot of children makes a poor woman happy too. Those are free gift of nature, even if they can't afford many things, they din't need to buy sex and babies. gringringrin

U're very right about China policy too.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2020
theenchanter:
there's never a point in time when S. Korea was poorer than Nigeria.

African country only seem rich cos of their vast natural resources. unfortunately, a country's wealth isn't buried in earth crust, a country's wealth is in its people and not kms into d ground.

S.Koreans didn't come to Nigeria in search of job, as a matter of fact, they came to have a cut of the pie disguised as nationals.
sure , human brain is the main natural resources not earthly wealth. except some certain circumstance. Congo is a negative example, Norway is positive. her oil industry has remain a blessing .

did you know that gross national products of South Korea and Ghana were the same in 1960. Today, South Korea's gross national product is over 20 times greater than G hana'. this alone buttress your point .

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
obaaderemi:
Huge population can even be a blessing to Africa if we know what to do with it and get the demography right. China and India for example have huge populations but you hardly see a family having more than two kids in those countries.
the bolded is very true.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
vaxx:
sure , human brain is the main natural resources not earthly wealth. except some certain circumstance. Congo is a negative example, Norway is positive. her oil industry has remain a blessing .

did you know that gross national products of South Korea and Ghana were the same in 1960. Today, South Korea's gross national product is over 20 times greater than G hana'. this alone buttress your point .
thats because ur GNP is more of natural resources and high price of cocoa in d 60s.

If u posses all what S.Korea possessed in terms of human resources and technical know-how, u'll be on par with them now.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Phantomhilz: 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
jl115:
who are real SAns and who are foreigners? Indulge me Racist!

Brother man I'm not being racist
Just being factual.

Apart from some north Africans especially those around the Mediterranean coast that have a sort of European look or Caucasiod features, Most Africans are dark skinned.

I can tell you that you would be able to trace your ancestry to either Holland, Germany or any other part of Europe.

It seems weird to an African that a person who is white or has Caucasian features would say that he is SAn or Zimbabwe.

Its just the same way a dark skinned man would sound if he is polish or even Russian.

You might have the SA passport but in reality you are not a native or a real "African"

It's just like a lady who looks visibily Chinese would call herself SAn

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Kazikazi:
Your figures are too old.Currently TZ is leading in rural electrification in Africa .And mind you,its harder to build thousands of electrified SGR across TZ than just to electrify thousands of villages across the nation.TZ will have universal access to electricity in 2021 when all Tanzania's villages will be electrified. TZ has a total of 12,000 villages

https://allafrica.com/stories/202002150050.html

Tanzania is not leading

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2020
obaaderemi:
If you believe the bolded, you will believe anything.

Not anything
I mean it is 50 years after independence for most African countries
Do you mean all those years Africa has not produced good leaders with noble ideas to make Africa developed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
Austine1213:

Tanzania is not leading
i check on the report is just a 74 percent electrification access rate. comparing that with Ghana ( of about 90 percent rate ) is baseless .....

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
forgiveness:

South Korea was poorer than Nigeria in the 60s to middle or late 80s. Many of them lived in Nigeria to find job.
This is true. After the Korean war of the 50s, South Korea was a very poor country for years. What lifted them out of poverty were the aids they received from America. You know the South Koreans had America as an ally while North Korea had Russia as its ally.
Money, machineries and knowhow poured into South Korea. The Koreas were another testing grounds for the capitalism and communism systems to show the world which was better.
A lot of aids had poured into Africa too but one difference between the African countries and South Korea was preparation and a sense of patriotism. Koreans valued education greatly. By 1970 their literacy level was close to 90%. And there was no tribalism unlike Africa.

I think people should stop using the negative influence of the west as an excuse for Africa's backwardness. We lack a sense of belonging to our different countries.

Look at Kenya, every election time people get killed wantonly based on ethnicity. Look at Nigeria and the menace of the northerners.

Ghana has a very good chance but it continues to squander it on the altar of poor leadership.
Ghana can very easily be a beacon in Africa if it gets its acts together. Brilliant people, small country, gold, oil, cocoa, almost everything!

Black South Africa is a very peculiar case and it illustrates a good example of a people giving up in the battle of survival of the fittest because they erroneously believe they ain't as good as the other race.
It can be very enervating when you dwell on Africa's case.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
Phantomhilz:

Just being factual.

Apart from some north Africans especially those around the Mediterranean coast that have a sort of European look or Caucasiod features, Most Africans are dark skinned.

I can tell you that you would be able to trace your ancestry to either Holland, Germany or any other part of Europe.

It seems weird to an African that a person who is white or has Caucasian features would say that he is SAn or Zimbabwe.

Its just the same way a dark skinned man would sound if he is polish or even Russian.

You might have the SA passport but in reality you are not a native or a real "African"

He's a formal citizen just like me, he holds same citizenship as me, he's south african just like me,

He's south african by birth, as stated in the constitution

Indians, whites, Chinese, malays and blacks are classified as natives in SA
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
tylann:

Not anything
I mean it is 50 years after independence for most African countries
Do you mean all those years Africa has not produced good leaders with noble ideas to make Africa developed
Point out one leader with noble ideas or good intentions with balls to match ever produced in Africa. Mind you you can have good intentions but I can jeopardize everything if you let me. That's what has been going on in Africa.

Look at Cuba and Castro for example. He threw out the Americans and promoted his country the best he could. We all remember the Bay of Pigs event that embarrassed America when they tried to assassinate Castro. grin Man, it was funny. He wasn't completely successful but his people were proud of his achievements. We make a lot of excuses in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
""This great africa leader died in Bucharest, Romania, after being forced into exile in Guinea for six years, exactly 48 years ago today on April 27, 1972, is not commemorated by the country.

His death far away from his birthplace of Nkroful at the age of 62 was announced by President Sekou Toure of Guinea, one of his closest friends and co-president of the country that offered him a safe-haven""

Kwame inkrumah

source -Daily graphic

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
vaxx:
i check on the report is just a 74 percent electrification access rate. comparing that with Ghana ( of about 90 percent rate ) is baseless .....
Rural electrification in TZ is 74%.
Your Ghanaian figure is for avage of both rural & urban.

I Repeat again..
Its harder to build thousands of kms of electrified SGR than electrifying thousands of villages.TZ will complete universal electrification next year,2021

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
vaxx:

Ghana seems to be getting some things right. Unlike some Audio giants lol

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
Phantomhilz:

Just being factual.

For clarification, let's just call them settlers.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
Austine1213:

Tanzania is not leading
leading in rural electrification
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
Hohohoho Hohohoho

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
obaaderemi:
Point out one leader with noble ideas or good intentions with balls to match ever produced in Africa. Mind you you can have good intentions but I can jeopardize everything if you let me. That's what has been going on in Africa.

Look at Cuba and Castro for example. He threw out the Americans and promoted his country the best he could. We all remember the Bay of Pigs event that embarrassed America when they tried to assassinate Castro. grin Man, it was funny. He wasn't completely successful but his people were proud of his achievements. We make a lot of excuses in Africa.

The likes of lumumba, Sankara
Castro has mixed legacy
And of course yes Africans also need to wake up and face up the challenges and stop whining to much
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Lionessza6(f): 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
theenchanter:
uhm, yeah... U're right. But then, there's no nation in d world thats truly independent, not even d US of A. Nations are still dependent on each other for one thing or d other, d level of dependence may only differ. A case where Africa lags behind.

I dont think cocoa ish may lead to threat to terrorism...... And I hope it doesn't. grin

Yeah, I'm in for a lil dictatorship.

But you know the dependence or relationship of Africa and the world ( mostly West) is that of a master and a slave. So yes,the USA needs a lot of things from here, but the difference between them and us is that they can take them without our consent if we play shakara with them cheesy,and there isn't much we would do about it. Imagine if SA of today wanted to work on those nuclear weapons again cheesy. Before Africa can bridge any gap; SECURITY & education should be our first concern. We are vulnerable to all sorts of attacks; bio, terrorism etc.

Lmfao, ofcourse I didn't mean that they would start bombing Abuja over that alone grin,but surely there would be some destabilisation, and if you prosper regardless. Woydlnt you want to start feeling fly and start tampering with other industries as well?maybe oil grin grin.

The so called democracy we have, guided by hand- me down constitutions cheesy and English /French laws in the mix can never work in my opinion. You will always have " experts " butting in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7250) (7251) (7252) (7253) (7254) (7255) (7256) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.