Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,546 members, 7,895,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6371922 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7275) (7276) (7277) (7278) (7279) (7280) (7281) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
jl115:

You can't even spell corporate properly yet you want to claim I don't know anything in the field?

And yes when you acquire the majority stake in a business then you are the outright owner.....as simple as that!
How I spell it dosnt matter unless we are doing spelling dictation. An average human will surely understand what I mean. An idiot like you will see it as defence or attack in argument cus you have no solid comeback . you are a stupid illiterate.

Your last premise is from a brain who knows next to nothing. Arguing blindly even when you are corrected

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
Just30:
what are you even yapping about ?

The colony. Safaricom can easily purchase the colony you should thank the South Africans.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
jl115:
fvck it Ghana stock exchange then!

And yes I actually said MTN Ghana is a registered company in Ghana, did i not say that?
i can't continue anymore. it crazy

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
samorobo:

Your first child is an illiterate fool....yes I can swear they are Nigerian companies becos they are in fact are......
And that's why they were considered capable to handle your longest road since Kenya inception

See what I mean, illiterate fools everywhere.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
Just30:

even a 1% shareholding makes you and owner.

anyway, that was not what we were talking about.

We were talking about A company by establishment as a legal entity in a Geographic setting.

You dont know corporate law

Neither do you know company law

Corporate law is an umbrella term, it includes company law as well..........which obviously was also part of my syllabus.

And if you knew company law you would know that when an entity/person purchases more than 50%(majority stake) in company it makes that entity the majority/outright owner/shareholder.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
gallivant:

The colony. Safaricom can easily the colony you should thank the South Africans.

you are making noise as usual

Safaricom is still yet to even list itself on any other stock exchange outside Africa

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
rvp20182:
The man of one index. Be afraid of the dangers of a single story. There are many indices out there.

As we speak Kenya's economy is maybe 94B (accounting for KSH-dollar depreciation ) while South Africa has sunk to 270B - and Angola - ohoo boy - they are back to where always belonged - 70B dollars - they are nothing but Oil dependant country.

Kenya overtook Angola last year...now we are nibbling at Morroco.

Believe what you want to believe, believe what makes you sleep at night

Lol im done commenting, or correcting people here im fine here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
vaxx:
i can continue no more . it crazy
Yeah you can't continue as you have no argument..........Anglogold, Goldfields,MTN are South African companies

And MTN Ghana is owned by a South African company

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
vaxx:
There is nothing like Accra stock exchange , it is gibbersih just for correction, what we have is Ghana stock exchange.

MTN Ghana is a registered Ghanaian company. how much can i correct an idiot like you. you hardly know anything

Is MTN also a Ghanaian company because it is registered there?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
vaxx:
How I spell it dosnt matter unless we are doing spelling dictation. An average human will surely understand what I mean. An idiot like you will see it as defence or attack in argument cus you have no solid comeback . you are a stupid illiterate.

Your last premise is from a brain who knows next to nothing. Arguing blindly even when you are corrected
Bro i don't need a comeback........Anglogold,Goldfields and MTN are South African companies not Ghanaian companies!!

And how am i illiterate when you are the one that can't spell?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ghanian are just desperate - MTN, Tullow, AngloGold - are foreign companies.Next is Nigeria to claim Shell, Airtel, etc. Please understand what is a foreign-owned company and what is a local company. A subsidiary of a foreign-owned company is foreign. A joint venture btw foreign company and local company is not.

If company management, ownership and HQ are outside - that country - that is a foreign company. If the shareholding is more than 50% - foreign.

Shares can be listed anywhere. You can even list it in Japan - and company has no operation there.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
Just30:

you are making noise as usual

Safaricom is still yet to even list itself on any other stock exchange outside Africa

I told you, Safaricom is worth more than the top 25 Ghanaian companies combined. You are a little country with next to zero market capitalization. You survive on oil and gold, controlled by South Africans. Say you are sorry for comparing yourselves with Kenyans.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
TayserMahri:

wuutt!!! beautiful? Surely, beauty is in the eyes of the champagne holder.

What is beautiful about that....yes beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
jl115:

Bro i don't need a comeback........Anglogold,Goldfields and MTN are South African companies not Ghanaian companies!!

Your understanding of the subject sells you as an illiterate.. A staunch one .

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
You're dealing with desperate folks who have exported all the brains outside. If South African company has more than 50% shareholding of any company in Ghana - it ceases being Ghanian - and become South African- either by acquisition or merger - or as a registered subsidiary.
jl115:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
kikuyu1:

I know the feeling! The worst are those with advice so asinine I find myself looking for my dog to hear smth intelligent!

This thread is full of clueless people trying to act smart, using sources with no credibility

Arguing here is pointless, people here will refuse truths
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
jl115:

Corporate law is an umbrella term, it includes company law as well..........which obviously was also part of my syllabus.

And if you knew company law you would know that when an entity/person purchases more than 50%(majority stake) in company it makes that entity the majority/outright owner/shareholder.
corporate law is way deeper than what you will do in accounting and auditing

Majority shareholding gives you more ownership of a company but not outright ownership.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Acadavah: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Mbakuthegreat:

I'm not from Ethiopia, not from Eritrea either if that will be your next guess. Everything i've writen here is nothing but the truth, and is meant to realise African issues so they can be fixed.

African American I guess. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
grin grin grin grin

leave him to wallow in his delusions
Austine1213:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
samorobo:

What is beautiful about that....yes beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

RCC is a subsidiary of the SBI Group, an European company. The only thing Nigerian about it is the shoddy work they did in Nairobi.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2020
TayserMahri:

Is MTN also a Ghanaian company because it is registered there?
yes by incorporation

No by origin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
Austine1213:

Lol leave him..he is stupid and dumb..he thinks Kenya can be great by yapping online....
This his Imaginary Kenya greatness is funny....this is from world bank recent report and this are Africa's largest economy..
response.

While most countries in the region have been affected to different degrees by the pandemic, real gross domestic product growth is projected to fall sharply particularly in the region’s three largest economies – Nigeria, Angola, and South Africa

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2020/04/09/covid-19-coronavirus-drives-sub-saharan-africa-toward-first-recession-in-25-years

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
Just30:
so which other company is not a registered company in Ghana?

grin grin grin
I don't know of any Ghanaian registered AngloGold or Goldfields subsidiaries........maybe you can help me out with this one as I truely dont know?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
Just30:
it is called a merger

Just another of the stool diplomacy cool Tiny Ghana seeking relevance in the global arena.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisooblog: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
rvp20182:
Ghanian are just desperate - MTN, Tullow, AngloGold - are foreign companies.Next is Nigeria to claim Shell, Airtel, etc. Please understand what is a foreign-owned company and what is a local company. A subsidiary of a foreign-owned company is foreign. A joint venture btw foreign company and local company is not.

If company management, ownership and HQ are outside - that country - that is a foreign company. If the shareholding is more than 50% - foreign.

Shares can be listed anywhere. You can even list it in Japan - and company has no operation there.
I laugh in Vodafone m-pesa grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
gallivant:

See what I mean, illiterate fools everywhere.

Now your second child and your siblings just joined the club...more illiterate fools in your Chennai family grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
Just30:
grin grin grin grin

leave him to wallow in his delusions

Austine is talking about you. You are so daft it's painful. tongue
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
grin grin grin You have a way with words. That is an apt description.
gallivant:

RCC is a subsidiary of the SBI Group, an European company. The only thing Nigerian about it is the shoddy work they did in Nairobi.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
Just30:
corporate law is way deeper than what you will do in accounting and auditing

Majority shareholding gives you more ownership of a company but not outright ownership.
I studied Bcom Chartered Accounting, I had Corporate Law for 2 years!

Majority shareholding gives you majority ownership not more ownership, and when you are the majority owner then you are the outright owner!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
samorobo:

Lol leave him..he is stupid and dumb..he thinks Kenya can be great by yapping online....
This his Imaginary Kenya greatness is funny....this is from world bank recent report and this are Africa's largest economy..
response.

While most countries in the region have been affected to different degrees by the pandemic, real gross domestic product growth is projected to fall sharply particularly in the region’s three largest economies – Nigeria, Angola, and South Africa

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2020/04/09/covid-19-coronavirus-drives-sub-saharan-africa-toward-first-recession-in-25-years

SA GDP expected to fall by 6%
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
rvp20182:

so IMF is moving their HQ to China
does it make IMF a Chinese company.

some of you really make stupid arguments..

Do you know what a company incorporation is?
Even in commons law, you are thought that a company is a separate legal entity.

dont be so desperate, it just make you dumber.

No one is talk the ownership structure of the company but the legal establishment of the company.

Tullow Ghana is a legal entity in Ghana established according to Ghanaian company law
Likewise ENI Ghana, AngloGold Ashanti, Ashanti Goldfields, MTN Ghana
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
Maybe Vodafone has acquired majority shareholding and I don't know - but last I checked they had 30% - shareholding - 40% if you go by Vodafone Kenya (which had kenyan shareholders).

Safaricom Chairman is a Kenya appointee from gov. Safaricom CEO is Kenyan.

Look at Safaricom board - Michael Josehp is Kenyan - only two foreigners.

https://www.safaricom.co.ke/about/about-safaricom/who-we-are/board-of-directors

chrisooblog:
I laugh in Vodafone m-pesa grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7275) (7276) (7277) (7278) (7279) (7280) (7281) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.