Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,969 members, 7,876,678 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:26 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6313467 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CocoMilian(f): 2:10pm On May 19, 2017
Muafrika2:

Who's on your profile? undecided You were an egghead last time I checked. The new you still ugly but better photo grin

Hahahahha I swear before I saw his photo I had a better picture of him in my head....but daaaamn.... Negroe* is damn ugly grin grin grin
Ofcourse thats y he was bickering all that nonsense
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CocoMilian(f): 2:14pm On May 19, 2017
uzzyfire:
looolll I can't billive this rubbish cos India worse grin grin

In your head that is smiley
You should have seen the photos. Extremely dirty No match for Kenyan slums and here you are blubing. The best talent Nigerians have.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:18pm On May 19, 2017
Hbuyosh:

September
Prediction - Nairobi solidifies its emergence as Africa’s premier skyscraper hub as construction starts on Hass Tower in Nairobi – the first supertall to begin construction in Africa.

Nairobi is in the midst of a skyscraper building boom, accounting for almost a quarter of all active high-rise construction in Africa – far outpacing any other comparable cities. Adding to that will be the Hass complex when it starts construction in September. The two-tower project will break a number of records, featuring Kenya’s two tallest buildings, Africa’s first supertall tower, and two of the three tallest buildings on the continent. Its construction will solidify Nairobi’s emergence as Africa’s primary skyscraper city.

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/ctbuh’s-tall-building-predictions-2017

was almost sharing this... Nairobi accounts for aquarter of high rise in Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:19pm On May 19, 2017
mtis:

Now Naijas will come up with something else .... grin grin

Wait and see Kibera now.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CocoMilian(f): 2:20pm On May 19, 2017
Marcelo290:
At least it wasn't declared a slum lol That place is a bustling city in Eastern Nigeria known for trade in the whole of West Africa, again you should know that report was exaggerated...

You should be more concerned about the slums in your capital city, the Hunger and poverty ravaging your citizens in the forests and villages where the average Kenyan lives..

I dare you to show me any slum in Abuja my own capital city.

I told you guys how these Nigerians defend themselves can make you feel just as stupid as they are when you try reasoning with em as grown ups .... grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KarmaKill: 2:20pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

1, You are wrong. America and Europe never set the parameter of a skyscraper at 200m for the minimum height. grin If we go by their standard (150m), we have 1 completed and 2 underconstruction. grin way more than the two(one still underconstruction) Kenya has. grin

2, New York is not the city with the highest numbers of highrise in the world. Not even in the top 4.

Please, get your facts right before you misinform the public. Thanks grin

1. A skyscraper is a building over 200m. Deal with it

2. Nairobi has 2 complete towers over 150m (UAP (163m) and Britam(200m) and 7 under construction (Hass 1 (320m), Hass 2 (201m), Avic Office Tower (183m), Hazina Trade Center (180m), Montave A (160m), Montave B (160m). Dude, you're playing a losing game. Which way you shift your goal posts to you get beaten. Only Johannesburg and Luanda are in Nairobi's league in terms of tall buildings. Dar es Salaam maybe is trying.

3. New York city might not be number 1 in terms of high-rises but at least you got my point. I hope you now understand how absurd you sound with your claims that Eko Atlantic will have 2000 skyscrapers.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:25pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

1, You are wrong. America and Europe never set the parameter of a skyscraper at 200m for the minimum height. grin If we go by their standard (150m), we have 1 completed and 2 underconstruction. grin way more than the two(one still underconstruction) Kenya has. grin

2, New York is not the city with the highest numbers of highrise in the world. Not even in the top 4.

Please, get your facts right before you misinform the public. Thanks grin

I hope that guy doesn't take a leap off one of his skyscrapers in nairobi the way you keep frustrating him.He has been fighting this skyscraper sh!t since last year.The same guy who listed 99m buildings as skyscrapers suddenly realizes the yardstick should be 200m.He is a frigging eel.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:28pm On May 19, 2017
When i was telling you guys about skyscraper every nigerians here was setting their own benchmark. Now it is like nairobi skyscraper is taking the trail and nigerias are finding it hard to argue.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KarmaKill: 2:33pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:
Jay254

Lagos has 8 completed skyscrapers as at today and one is obviously topped up.

Building Height Floors Completed
1, NECOM House 160 m

2, Union Bank Building 124 m

3, eko Tower 2 110 m

4, eko atlantic (Black pearl) 110 m

5, Ministry of Communication Building 109 m

6, InterContinental Lagos 105 m

7, Independence House 103 m

8, CBN Lagos 100 m

eko atlantic city Champagne pearl is already topped with 30 floors at 135 m, and with numerous presently under construction.

1. Call them towers with over 100m height not skyscrapers. A skyscraper has over 200m in height and currently Africa has only two. One in Jo'burg and the other in Nairobi.

2. Nairobi has 8 complete 1 topped out with 9 under construction.

Complete

1. Britam Tower (200m)
2. UAP Tower (163m)
3. Times Tower (140m)
4. LéMac (126m)
5. Teleposta Tower (120m)
6. KICC (105m)
7. NSSF building/Social Security House (104m)
8. KCB Tower (100m)

Topped Out
1. Prism Tower (133m)

Under Construction
1. Hass Tower 1 (320m)
2. Hass Tower 2 (201m)
3. Avic Office Tower (183m)
4. Hazina Trade Center (180m)
5. Montave Tower 1 (160m)
6. Montave Tower 2 (160m)
7. One Africa Tower (150m)
8. Avic Hotel Tower (141m)
9. Upper Hill Chambers (104m)

Construction of CBK Pension Tower has also began and it's poised to be over 50m

Total Nairobi (Complete, T/O and U/C) = 18

Nairobi is uncatchable.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:33pm On May 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Too bad poor fellas. Nairobi has two taller than your NECOM. Times tower is Nairobi's 3rd tallest and soon to be like 10 th.

Your NECOM is competing with the PSPF tower of Dar es alaam. grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahah! I said it. You are very predictable. grin

How many skyscrapers do you have in Nairobi, is the koko. Nairobi has only 6 skyscrapers completed while Nigeria has 8 completed skyscrapers with one already topped. grin

Sorry, The Corporate Tower 2 under construction is 38 floors and it is estimated to be 180 m. If the sphire is added, it will be more than 200 m. grin

Besides, Abuja Culture Tower is 170 m. You can have your honeymoon dinner at the top of the tower. grin

Abuja World Trade Center hotel is 38 or 45 floors is already under construction.

Which ever way, Lagos has more skyscrapers than the whole Kenya. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KarmaKill: 2:36pm On May 19, 2017
CocoMilian:

Hahahahha I swear before I saw his photo I had a better picture of him in my head....but daaaamn.... Negroe* is damn ugly grin grin grin
Ofcourse thats y he was bickering all that nonsense

grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

How many skyscrapers do you have in Nairobi, is the koko. Nairobi has only 6 skyscrapers completed while Nigeria has 8 completed skyscrapers with one already topped. grin

Sorry, The Corporate Tower 2 under construction is 38 floors and it is estimated to be 180 m. If the is added it be more than 200 m. grin

Besides, Abuja Culture Tower is 170 m. You can have your honeymoon dinner at the top of the tower. grin

Abuja World Trade Center hotel is 38 or 45 floors is already under construction.

Man, you never give up. Give it up already. I know you went online for some few minutes to search for other skyscraper merits before you came back with this your old self.

You should consider this debate on skyscrapers with kenyans a worthwhile opportunity while it lasts. In ten years time, it will be embarrassing. I am sure even S.A at that time will not be in the moods for this discussion. grin grin

Nairobi will have leapfrogged all perceived giants

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KarmaKill: 2:41pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Sorry, The Corporate Tower 2 under construction is 38 floors and it is estimated to be 180 m. If the is added it be more than 200 m. grin

Lagos has 7 towers over 100m. CBN Tower is 95m high. Stop lying.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:41pm On May 19, 2017
To settle the pussle. Accra ,lagos ,abuja and nairobi all has skyscrapers. Wikipedia source.skyscraper is a tall, continuously habitable building. There is no official definition or a precise cutoff height above which a building may clearly be classified as a skyscraper. However, as per usual practice in most cities, the definition is used empirically, depending on the relative impact of the shape of a building to a city's overall skyline. Thus, depending on the average height of the rest of the buildings and/ or structures in a city, even a building of 80 meters height (approximately 262 ft) may be considered a skyscraper provided that it clearly stands out above its surrounding built environment and significantly changes the overall skyline of thatparticular city. The word "skyscraper" originally was a nautical term referring to a tallmast or its main sail on a sailing ship. The term was first applied to buildings in the late 19th century as a result of public amazement at the tall buildings being built in Chicago and New York City. The traditional definition of a skyscraper began with the "first skyscraper", asteel-framed ten storey building. Chicago's now demolished ten storey steel-framed Home Insurance Building (1885) is generally accepted as the "first skyscraper". The word skyscraper often carries a connotation of prideand achievement. The skyscraper, in name and social function, is a modern expression of the age-old symbol of the world center or axis mundi: a pillar that connects earth to heaven and the four compass directions to one another.Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyscrap
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:42pm On May 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Even without the finishing touches, they are already taller than NECOM. grin

Thats a little shameful cheesy

UAP is already complete and was actually lighting up the East African skies on 31st Dec 2016.

Ooooooo! Am scared! grin

UAP is only 3 meters higher than NECOM House.

We thank God for mother Africa but we get skyscrapers completed pass Kenya. Fact. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KarmaKill: 2:47pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Ooooooo! Am scared! grin

We thank God for mother Africa but we get skyscrapers completed pass Kenya. Fact. grin

Unfortunately Kenya is still building taller than Nigeria. Your tallest under construction is 135m. We have 320m (almost 3 times yours) 201m, 183m, 180m, two 160m, 150m, 141m just to name a few.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:48pm On May 19, 2017
Hbuyosh:

September
Prediction - Nairobi solidifies its emergence as Africa’s premier skyscraper hub as construction starts on Hass Tower in Nairobi – the first supertall to begin construction in Africa.

Nairobi is in the midst of a skyscraper building boom, accounting for almost a quarter of all active high-rise construction in Africa – far outpacing any other comparable cities. Adding to that will be the Hass complex when it starts construction in September. The two-tower project will break a number of records, featuring Kenya’s two tallest buildings, Africa’s first supertall tower, and two of the three tallest buildings on the continent. Its construction will solidify Nairobi’s emergence as Africa’s primary skyscraper city.

https://www.bdcnetwork.com/ctbuh’s-tall-building-predictions-2017

Proposed project or you show me pictures of it underconstruction. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KarmaKill: 2:52pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Please, tell me the name of the structure behind LéMac Tower. Thanks grin

Pan Africa Insurance Tower.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:53pm On May 19, 2017
Jay254:

was almost sharing this... Nairobi accounts for aquarter of high rise in Africa

If talk about Highrise, you will be slaughter by the numbers of highrise springing up left right and center in Nigeria, especially Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 3:02pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Proposed project or you show me pictures of it underconstruction. grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KarmaKill: 3:02pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

If talk about Highrise, you will be slaughter by the numbers of highrise springing up left right and center in Nigeria, especially Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. grin

I see you're avoiding my posts after I gave you all the facts. You Nigerian guys have a bad belief that you're the top in everything hence you never bother to look at the facts. We once did a list of cities with the highest towers over 20 floors in Africa on skyscrapercity and Lagos was nowhere. I can bet you Lagos will be lucky to be half of Nairobi in terms of high-rises too. Port Harcourt I doubt if there is a single high-rise in that city. Just like you're shocked with skyscrapers, towers over 100m so will you be with high-rises.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Ooooooo! Am scared! grin

I know you're scared grin

If you cant accept a simple and obvious fact shown even in pictures, then don't expect us to even consider your overall numbers assertions
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 3:08pm On May 19, 2017
KarmaKill:

I see you're avoiding my posts after I gave you all the facts. You Nigerian guys have a bad belief that you're the top in everything hence you never bother to look at the facts. We once did a list of cities with the highest towers over 20 floors in Africa and Lagos was nowhere. I can bet you Lagos will be lucky to be half of Nairobi in terms of high-rises too. Port Harcourt I doubt if there is a single high-rise in that city. Just like you're shocked with skyscrapers, towers over 100m so will you be with high-rises.
pls you have bombard that guy with enough evidence. It is ok.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 19, 2017
vaxx:
When i was telling you guys about skyscraper every nigerians here was setting their own benchmark. Now it is like nairobi skyscraper is taking the trail and nigerias are finding it hard to argue.

grin grin

The gaps are becoming smaller and smaller
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 3:16pm On May 19, 2017
So, Aresa and Fanni Kayode, do u guys still believe that Nigeria is better than Kenya in all aspects?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:19pm On May 19, 2017
obaaderemi:
I hope that guy doesn't take a leap off one of his skyscrapers in nairobi the way you keep frustrating him.He has been fighting this skyscraper sh!t since last year.The same guy who listed 99m buildings as skyscrapers suddenly realizes the yardstick should be 200m.He is a frigging eel.

Hahahahahah! No mind the guy. He discovered Lagos has skyscrapers completed than the whole Kenya. grin

200m is never the universal accepted parameter to define a skyscraper. No nation or continent ever used 200 m as minimum height of a skyscraper. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 19, 2017
Hbuyosh:

Wazi bro

From that bosom will rise Africa's first SUPER TALL
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 19, 2017
@ Forgiveness,

I think the way things are progressing, Nigerians will just remove the goalpost altogether. grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 3:22pm On May 19, 2017
TayserMahiri:

grin grin

The gaps are becoming smaller and smaller

using nairobi standard. i will agree nigeria and ghana has no skyscraper except abidjan

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:24pm On May 19, 2017
vaxx:

The benchmark for continent or country varies.

For America and Europe it is 150 m minimum height. It has never been 200 m. If you want to know the truth Google it.

For Africa it is 100 m for the minimum height of a skyscraper. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 3:24pm On May 19, 2017
vaxx:
using nairobi standard. i will agree nigeria and ghana has no skyscraper except abidjan
Say Ghana has no skyscraper, leave Nigeria out of this and speak for Ghana.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:30pm On May 19, 2017
KarmaKill:

1. A skyscraper is a building over 200m. Deal with it

2. Nairobi has 2 complete towers over 150m (UAP (163m) and Britam(200m) and 7 under construction (Hass 1 (320m), Hass 2 (201m), Avic Office Tower (183m), Hazina Trade Center (180m), Montave A (160m), Montave B (160m). Dude, you're playing a losing game. Which way you shift your goal posts to you get beaten. Only Johannesburg and Luanda are in Nairobi's league in terms of tall buildings. Dar es Salaam maybe is trying.

3. New York city might not be number 1 in terms of high-rises but at least you got my point. I hope you now understand how absurd you sound with your claims that Eko Atlantic will have 2000 skyscrapers.

1, we are not in stone age when people swallow lies without giving credible source. It is an era we can verify every single statement by pushing a key on phone. At a click your lies are exposed. grin

Sorry, the snapshot proved you just lied. A discerning mind can tell. grin

2, All the long list of these 'PROPOSED' buildings can't disapprove, Lagos has 8 completed skyscrapers while Kenya has 6 skyscrapers completed as Africa’s parameter is concerned. grin

3, Eko Atlantic City could have 1,200 skyscrapers if they are made real at minimum height of 100m. grin Sorry, your proparganda can't sell. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.