Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,968 members, 7,876,676 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (873) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6313309 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:17pm On May 29, 2017
fanficgirl:

He's British but grew up heavily with Nigerians! He used to perform comedy shows in Naija

Ok i can see.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 29, 2017
CocoMilian:

Its diaper not dipper

Lol, you guys, its pidgin !
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 5:18pm On May 29, 2017
popizaino:
tudu .another popular yoruba base on accra .was there during salah last year too.
hopefully we may meet some day. I send you an email.am not in ghana now
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 29, 2017
genieluv:

Wowwie, these appartments are beautiful. Were they built by the government or private estate developers?

Private investors. The government does not do much housing except for the low income areas.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:20pm On May 29, 2017
genieluv:
Daaaah. Kenya is a well-planned country than Nigeria from what i can see. Buh it seems like Kenya's influence does not exceed east-africa.

***Also i would like to ask Kenyans here***, why does it seem like their social/entertainment industry is not so influential? It would have been definitely lovely kiss to see Kenyan (African) movies featuring these aesthetically pleasing sceneries as are been featured here.
I may be wrong though, so lemme speak for myself in case such exist, just haven't or would say hardly come across quality Kenyan entertainment.

What's your definition of entertainment and why are you guys so obsessed with entertainment if I may ask? Again, do you really think Nigeria's entertainment is of higher quality than Kenya's or just of bigger magnitude?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CocoMilian(f): 5:22pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Lol, you guys, its pidgin !

This pidgin is hard to understand

I thought he was referring to English undecided I know it as diaper
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 29, 2017
Kihingo Village, Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Kihingo Village, Kenya

Ok bro i gt have that one... grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 29, 2017
CocoMilian:

This pidgin is hard to understand

I thought he was referring to English undecided I know it as diaper

Naah, dipper is pidginized diaper. wink grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Kihingo Village, Kenya

Ok i gt have that one... grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:26pm On May 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Dude claims many Nigerians being on the internet is the reason why Nigerians are more civilized than Kenyans yet Kenya has a higher internet penetration than Nigeria. who told this people that Kenyans live in the jungle though? Some of the comments these guys who have never been out of their villages make are hilarious.

I have debunked this lie so many times with this wikipedia page whose source is from the ITU (a subsidiary of UN)
Kenya does not have a higher internet penetration than Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_Internet_users
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 29, 2017
mtis:

Ok bro i gt have that one... grin

u better tongue
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

I have debunked this lie so many times with this wikipedia page whose source is from the ITU (a subsidiary of UN)
Kenya does not have a higher internet penetration than Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_Internet_users

Guuy, now I understand how you guys have managed to keep extreme northerners outta NL grin

http://www.internetworldstats.com/africa.htm

They aren't even online, haha

Thanks Hbuyosh ! cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 5:30pm On May 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

What's your definition of entertainment and why are you guys so obsessed with entertainment if I may ask? Again, do you really think Nigeria's entertainment is of higher quality than Kenya's or just of bigger magnitude?

Hooo, not like being obsessed. Only wanted to see the social influence thas all. Social influence is part of development or wah'd u think?
*****Can't say nada about quality. I haven't really come across Kenyan entertainment except for Sauti sol's music. U can help me by referring me to help me from my ignorance. Tnks smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CocoMilian(f): 5:31pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Mh good to know smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 5:32pm On May 29, 2017
genieluv:

Holly I beg to disagree with you. English is a germanic language. It was simply a dialect of german that went through 'latin-ization' and 'celtic-ization' as the Anglo-saxons left the germanic speakers and mixed more with latin- derived languages speakers and celtic languages speakers. ***** I don't see how that was akin to 'pidginization' of the language.

>>>Pidgin evolves when non-natives of a language in an attempt to master the language adulterate it with influences from their original mother's tongues. The case with we Nigerians. Seems like you are Kenyan or Ghanaian?
i stated very clearly that English is a Germanic language!

Pidginization involves introduced words and alteration of grammar, let me illustrate.
English and German :
I am eating beef.
Ich esse rindfleisch.

The introduced word there is beef which is French in origin(boeuf in French ). The word Rindfleisch in German is literally "Cow flesh " .The French taught the English to assign new words for the flesh of different animals. Hence, pig meat (schweinfleisch) became pork, chicken meat became poultry and calf meat became venison.
The German grammar also doesn't include the verb 'to be'(which appears as am in the English sentence ) in expression of the simple act of eating the said meat. It would have been literally 'Ich bin esse rindfleisch', but somewhere along the way they must have dropped it.

Languages change their rules and add vocabulary all the time. No language has a monopoly on vocabulary, so borrowing is rife. Many a time languages have words that defy translation into another. Google the Portuguese word 'Saudade' and see what I mean.

Yes, kenyan.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 5:32pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Private investors. The government does not do much housing except for the low income areas.

>>nice<< then i must commend the exquisite taste of your estate developers smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 29, 2017
CocoMilian:

Mh good to know smiley

We assuming so Coco
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 5:34pm On May 29, 2017
vaxx:
hopefully we may meet some day. I send you an email.am not in ghana now
yea I saw it .have sent it to my brother already so as to attend your NCC programme in Abidjan.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:34pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Guuy, now I understand how you guys have managed to keep extreme northerners outta NL grin

They aren't even online haha

Thanks Hbuyosh ! cheesy

My source is from ITU (a subsidiary of the United nations), so it is more credible than your source!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 29, 2017
Nowenuse:

My source is from ITU (a subsidiary of the United nations), so it is more credible than your source!

Whatever dude, the evidence is self reinforcing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 29, 2017
genieluv:

>>nice<< then i must commend the exquisite taste of your estate developers smiley

cool cool cool They have it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 5:39pm On May 29, 2017
CocoMilian:

Its diaper not dipper

ohhh sorry.....my bad....i realy dont care about english....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 5:40pm On May 29, 2017
MtuMsuper:

i stated very clearly that English is a Germanic language!

Pidginization involves introduced words and alteration of grammar, let me illustrate.
English and German :
I am eating beef.
Ich esse rindfleisch.

The introduced word there is beef which is French in origin(boeuf in French ). The word Rindfleisch in German is literally "Cow flesh " .The French taught the English to assign new words for the flesh of different animals. Hence, pig meat (schweinfleisch) became pork, chicken meat became poultry and calf meat became venison.
The German grammar also doesn't include the verb 'to be'(which appears as am in the English sentence ) in expression of the simple act of eating the said meat. It would have been literally 'Ich bin esse rindfleisch', but somewhere along the way they must have dropped it.

Languages change their rules and add vocabulary all the time. No language has a monopoly on vocabulary, so borrowing is rife. Many a time languages have words that defy translation into another. Google the Portuguese word 'Saudade' and see what I mean.

Yes, kenyan.

*** Interesting +++ Seems like you speak german? smiley

Yaah, i get what you mean buh my point is that you cannot say English was a pidginized language. Native speakers of a language cannot pidginize their own language, now can they?
Since you are from Kenya, is it okay for us to say swahili is a pidginized language?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 5:41pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

diaper sound like diarea to me... grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Whatever dude, the evidence is self reinforcing.
Now tayser do you agree then there is something wrong with Naijas..every time they are cornered or find Kenya is ahead they try as much as possible to deny it...tell him mobile phone penetration is almost 90 % but do i say grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:42pm On May 29, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Tema is richer than Kumasi?
Kumasi is very rich but Tema is an industrial hub filled will a huge chunk of Ghana's middle class
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 5:43pm On May 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

They aren't even online haha

Thanks Hbuyosh ! cheesy

hooo, you are a kenyan if i am correct? How can u tell the difference between northern & southern Nigerians? undecided especially on a faceless forum?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 5:44pm On May 29, 2017
mtis:

Now tayser do you agree then there is something wrong with Naijas..every time they are cornered or find Kenya is ahead they try as much as possible to deny it...tell him mobile phone penetration is almost 90 % but do i say grin grin

why do you people use penetration for communication stuff??....

i connect penetration with sex.... grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 29, 2017
bantudra:

diaper sound like diarea to me... grin
Ok bantudra who was your English teacher coz i really really wanna see him an buy him a cold bottle of beer for job well done grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 29, 2017
bantudra:

why do you people use penetration for communication stuff??....

i connect penetration with sex.... grin
ahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by bantudra: 5:45pm On May 29, 2017
mtis:

Ok bantudra who was your English teacher coz i really really wanna see him an buy him a cold bottle of beer for job well done grin grin

yea.... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.