Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,896 members, 7,876,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6310993 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 31, 2017
SGR Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 31, 2017
SGR Code 254

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 31, 2017
vaxx:
locally no, everybody speak differently depending on their mother tongue, if you mean globally yes just like prof lumumba from kenya.

Thats funny because I can tell a nigerian the first time they speak. The accent in their movies is what I mean. Lumumba's is not the standard accent in Kenya. He's learned and his accent is more European, and since he's a Luo, we call their accent Luopean cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 31, 2017
Are the Nigerians seeing the quality of finishing in our beautiful railway? grin I am hoping they can pick some crucial points from us and stop tickling us with their funny finishing cheesy cheesy

Nigeria can look beautiful too grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 1:59pm On May 31, 2017
Just30:
you identify a Nigerian, when he start speaking
The pronunciation of most consonant are wrong
bashing apart. nigerian english is not wrong if it is from educated nigerian. the issue is base on mother tongue.chinua achebe novel.thngs fall apart is the most read book in african literature. Of recent wole soyinka almost won another chance to teach literature at oxford school of art despite his old age.though generally speaking at average level. i will give kudos to ghana in west africa sub region. Pidgin has really damage the british english in nigeria so much.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 31, 2017
uzzyfire:
are u kidding me , Kenyans accent irritates my ear

Where have you met kenyans
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 31, 2017
Just30:
you identify a Nigerian, when he start speaking
The pronunciation of most consonant are wrong

I think even though mother tongues influence spoken English, our naija brodas have gone overboard grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:02pm On May 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Thats funny because I can tell a nigerian the first time they speak. The accent in their movies is what I mean. Lumumba's is not the standard accent in Kenya. He's learned and his accent is more European, and since he's a Luo, we call their accent Luopean cheesy
can you tell from a nigeria that has british background. Nigeria minister of finance is one
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 2:02pm On May 31, 2017
Kenya train
Business class & Economy class

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 2:02pm On May 31, 2017
uzzyfire:
eg when kansime speaks.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 31, 2017
I wanna say a very BIG CONGRATULATION to our Kenyan friends for the opening of their new rail system today...........

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 31, 2017
popizaino:
eg when kansime speaks.

Kansiime is Ugandan. Thats the general (and obvious) accent in Ug.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 31, 2017
shervydman:
I wanna say a very BIG CONGRATULATION to our Kenyan friends for the opening of their new rail system today...........

Thanks wenedem wink
TayserMahiri:

I think even though mother tongues influence spoken English, our naija brodas have gone overboard grin

oh yes!.....yet, we have one of the best/sexiest accent in the world.lol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Thanks wenedem wink

yeah.......ur welcome, u want us to take a cue from ur beautiful rail line?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 31, 2017
vaxx:
can you tell from a nigeria that has british background. Nigeria minister of finance is one

I can't
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 31, 2017
shervydman:

oh yes!.....yet, we have one of the best/sexiest accent in the world.lol.

How is sexy language determined? A non nigerian will take a good few seconds of careful listening to tell that a nigerian is speaking English. At first it sounds like a local language
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 31, 2017
shervydman:

yeah.......ur welcome, u want us to take a cue from ur beautiful rail line?

grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:35pm On May 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I can't
good.just like a kenya who has a british background
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:37pm On May 31, 2017
Kenyanstar:
Kenya train
beautiful

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

How is sexy language determined? A non nigerian will take a good few seconds of careful listening to tell that a nigerian is speaking English. At first it sounds like a local language

see the report on Nigerian accent in the link below..........

https://www.glozine.com/travel/13-of-the-worlds-sexiest-accents.html

IT IS FULLY DIGNIGIED.........we don't try to speak like others.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Where have you met kenyans
I haven't. I see dem on TV , that kansiime girl for example
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 31, 2017
popizaino:
eg when kansime speaks.
as in ehn! that girl's accent is really bad
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 3:30pm On May 31, 2017
vaxx:
beautiful
Thanks buddy.... if ever you want to travel outside your borders, Kenya is the place. Will host you free of charge.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 31, 2017
uzzyfire:
I haven't. I see dem on TV , that kansiime girl for example

Kansiime is not kenyan, fool!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 31, 2017
shervydman:

see the report on Nigerian accent in the link below..........

https://www.glozine.com/travel/13-of-the-worlds-sexiest-accents.html

IT IS FULLY DIGNIGIED.........we don't try to speak like others.

You just don't bother removing your mother tongue accent on English cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 31, 2017
TayserMahiri:

You just don't bother removing your mother tongue accent on English cheesy

u gerrit........ many Anglo-phone African countries want to speak British English which may not go along with their accent.

at least....... u need to have ur own originality, even Irishmen don't try to speak like Englishmen despite the fact that they're closer to eachother.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 4:17pm On May 31, 2017
uzzyfire:
but Kenyan pronunciations are not off the chart.

For me , every new accent I listen to sounds refreshing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 31, 2017
68816419:

sincerely speaking ,Nairobi have few nice places but most of these "nice " places are mostly dominated by Indians and whites fellas, Nairobi CBD have this advantage of it location, the location which is very close to the airport gives a good impression of the city and even the country at large,imagine having an airport at VI,IKoyi or even Lekki.
while I was at Nairobi , I stayed at a place called Karen ("posh place "where literally all the politicians, and whites stays) this place was provided by the company i worked with,and this was based on the contract agreement signed,the agreement was to be provided with a safe and conducive areas, this so called"posh reserved" area not only have bad roads but does not by any means qualify to be rated above an average places in Abuja and Lagos,also, prior to leaving for kenya I had a very good impression of a nice "black African city" ,but I was wrong, my first disappointment came when I realised that an average black Kenyan does not see that the economy of the nation ain't longer in their hands rather in the hand of few Indians, Somalis and white people, best estates, supermarkets,shops,restaurants, hotels and other big business are owned by these few guys ,one can hardly go to a cinemas where Indian movies r not given priority above other movies let say Kenyan or even english movies, go to the industrial areas along airport roads and see how over 98% of the companies are owned by these Indians ,go to this so called "nice" places ,Karen,Westland,parkland,muthaiga, spring valley,lavington.. and see how very few the black Kenyans are , blacks in kenya mostly stays in a very low areas with very poor facilities and the funny thing is the fact they stay not too far from where the Indians and white stays .so, I would summarise my Nairobi experience as, a place designed for few whites,Indians and tourist.
also, one would think it's only Nairobi that has this challenges but the truth is that, almost all Kenyan cities have same issues from Nakuru to naivasa, from Mombasa to malindi , from malindi to ukunda, from ukunda to eldoret, they all have this same issue of self delusional, myopic reasoning, they are all too blind to see what's going on, and it really pains me a lot. I have this friend from eldorate he once said this to me "it too late now ,we can never do any thing to these Indians ,any attempt to take back out economy from them means total collapse of our economy and we don't want to experience what happened to Zimbabwe and Uganda"
I just laughed and ended the conversation...
Karen was overtaken decades ago by places like Kabete, Kitusuru, etc Many people are also building their homes in the rural places.

Don't be so quick to judge. There are whites in Karen who are descendants of settlers who got the land for free but a century later, they are barely surviving. Not all white people are rich.

The place is more of a college district nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CocoMilian(f): 5:00pm On May 31, 2017
Kenyanstar:
Kenya train

Beautiful. U forgot to mention the trains have free WiFi too

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 31, 2017
CocoMilian:

Beautiful. U forgot to mention the trains have free WiFi too

very good............

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CocoMilian(f): 5:10pm On May 31, 2017
NairobiWalker:

I don't think it's about not seeing the good places. I think he's just a bitter loser. He's been bitter towards Kenyans on this thread since day one. Everything good he gives credit to foreigners and he completely has nothing good to say about Kenyans. He's probably into some illegal business and gets bitter every time the Kenyan authorities are on him.

He's bitter coz he has too much unnecessary pride in him smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.