Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,164 members, 7,877,324 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6318955 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:12am On Jun 01, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahahahahah! How much is a bottle of Coca cola in Ghana? grin
2cedis 50pessewa. you should also note that this money is a token for someone working. i know a nigeria coming in for the first time will be dissapointed. Just get yourself busy you will not feel it. In ghana no brick layera will take 3000 naira for a day job. You pay him or her amount equal to 6000naira at minimum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:14am On Jun 01, 2017
freshest4live:

Nigerian GDP per capita is higher than that of Ghana.
that is not true. nigeria gdp per capital is 2.800dollar compare to ghana of 3.500dollar. you are 22percent likely to make money in ghana compare to nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 7:17am On Jun 01, 2017
vaxx:
that is not true. nigeria gdp per capital is 2.800dollar compare to ghana of 3.500dollar. you are 22percent likely to make money in ghana compare to nigeria
As at 2015, Ghanian GDP per capita was 1381 dollars, did it fly overnight?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:20am On Jun 01, 2017
TayserMahiri:

LMAO, so what do the caskets represent?
just to showcase the job of the dead while he or,she was alive if she is a pepper seller she will be buried in a pepper casket shape likewise if he is a farmer he will be buried by what he farm most .mostly cocoa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:22am On Jun 01, 2017
freshest4live:

you need to update yourself constantly.and i doubt your 2015 data
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:29am On Jun 01, 2017
genieluv:

Coool, i admire the artistic designs of these Ghanaian caskets. I've watched a documentary on their making, buh i don't know why i find it really absurd n ridiculous.

~~What's really the rationale behind it? I can't imagine burying my mother in a coke bottle when she ages n die.
it has become a part of culture in ghana. people wanted to be associate with what they do when they die.

some of the white prefer cremating than burial. it is personal choice dear.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:38am On Jun 01, 2017
freshest4live:

these is what i took from trading economics website.The Gross Domestic Product per capita in Ghana was last recorded at 3954.52 US dollars in 2015, when adjusted by purchasing power parity (PPP). The GDP per Capita, in Ghana, when adjusted by Purchasing Power Parity is equivalent to 22 percent of the world's average. GDP per capita PPP in Ghana averaged 2618.21 USD from 1990 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 3954.52 USD in 2015 and a record low of 1919.60 USD in 1990. Your 2015 data is bound to err

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 7:50am On Jun 01, 2017
vaxx:
2cedis 50pessewa. you should also note that this money is a token for someone working. i know a nigeria coming in for the first time will be dissapointed. Just get yourself busy you will not feel it. In ghana no brick layera will take 3000 naira for a day job. You pay him or her amount equal to 6000naira at minimum

grin almost 300 naira and you said your minimum wages is 60 dollars. grin grin

While a bottle of 35cl Coca Cola in Nigeria is 70 naira, if we consider the minimum wages of 59 dollars in Nigeria, who do you think dey live better life? grin

Your economy dey .... grin

Soon minimum wages go increase to about 200 dollars for naija. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2017
vaxx:
these is what i took from trading economics website.The Gross Domestic Product per capita in Ghana was last recorded at 3954.52 US dollars in 2015, when adjusted by purchasing power parity (PPP). The GDP per Capita, in Ghana, when adjusted by Purchasing Power Parity is equivalent to 22 percent of the world's average. GDP per capita PPP in Ghana averaged 2618.21 USD from 1990 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 3954.52 USD in 2015 and a record low of 1919.60 USD in 1990. Your 2015 data is bound to err
Oya compare GDP per capita PPP for Nigeria and tell me what you see. Nigerian GDP per capita PPP reached 5930 in 2016.
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/knoema.com/atlas/Nigeria/GDP-per-capita-based-on-PPP%253Fmode%253Damp&ved=0ahUKEwiL8qWLipzUAhVKLMAKHYhPBKUQFghFMAc&usg=AFQjCNF63U7m68sbIRruTiiAMbhyLx69Jg
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2017
9jakool:

Very interesting. Bantoid languages have some similarities with Bantu languages. The Noun structures of Bantoid languages are different from Bantu, but a few very basic vocabularies have some similarities.
Are all Bantu languages comprehend able in spoken form?

How much of this can you understand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Sd9ayp-Co
I know it's the story of the prodigal son (probably because the narrator refers to Christ and the photo)

I could not understand most of it. But I heard the Luhya word for () leaving/going, urinating grin But it sounds bantu with the way their words are structured

All prefixes - eg. uki, na, ye,
Some words
Yaamba - he said
Aundu - place
Vachie - they went
Yanoikora - he opened

Any Tiv grin are those words right?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2017
forgiveness:

Just tell me how much is Coca cola in Ghana Cedi, that's all. grin
1 cedi per bottle, 2 cedi per bottle

Can you explain why an s8 cost more in the UK compare to, say Germany?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2017
freshest4live:

Oya compare GDP per capita PPP for Nigeria and tell me what you see. Nigerian GDP per capita PPP reached 5930 in 2016.
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/knoema.com/atlas/Nigeria/GDP-per-capita-based-on-PPP%253Fmode%253Damp&ved=0ahUKEwiL8qWLipzUAhVKLMAKHYhPBKUQFghFMAc&usg=AFQjCNF63U7m68sbIRruTiiAMbhyLx69Jg
stop using ppp and using the nominal figures
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:26am On Jun 01, 2017
vaxx:
I just remember that our last born who just graduated from secondary school works with a 4G Telecom company,
He Earns 800 Cedis as his basic salary and 1200 Cedis in commission every month.

She's just an 18 year old kid and already earning and Lil bit more than her High school teachers
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Isahalbash:

grin
I don't even know how much a Coke cost because I don't even check when ever I pay for it.

And the last time I bought a Coke was two days ago.
Every Tuesday, my pizza shop runs a buy one get one free promo.

Every Tuesday is Pizza Tuesday on my calendar
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:33am On Jun 01, 2017
Just30:
I just remember that our last born who just graduated from secondary school works with a 4G Telecom company,
He Earns 800 Cedis as his basic salary and 1200 Cedis in commission every month.

She's just an 18 year old kid and already earning and Lil bit more than her High school teachers
that is rougly 200.000naira. per month. almost 500 dollar
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2017
vaxx:

Oga! How did you do your calculation? grin

My friend, that is just 80,000 naira. grin

Don't come here to deceive people. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2017
genieluv:

Cc MtuMsuper, nowenuse, muafrika2

I love your explanations 9jakool buh please can you try to put some summariness? Thanks.

First of all, in response to your second paragraph or first point, i'd like you to know that a good number of ethnic groups in Cross river north n maybe central do share Kwararafa origins e.g the Yalas, yaches, bekwarras, obubra n obanliku e.t.c.
There was a time a few years ago that traditional rulers from Cross river and other states of Nigeria went to Wukari to meet the Aku-Uka n confer their rightful ancestry to his kingdom.
Check the link below to confirm, the 2nd paragraph of the 1st page.

http://www.academia.edu/7007449/Origin_of_Kwararafa_Kingdom

Before i throw in a few explanations about the Tivs, i'd like you to read this link very well.

http://naijasky.com/benue-state/19/history-of-tiv-people/9455/

After reading this link, i don't think we need much explanations or arguments again to understand where you and i are missing it.

I was missing the fact that even though Tivs came from Congo, they did not come to Benue region of Nigeria immediately, they settled at the swem hills in present day Cameroon until it became overpopulated for them before they came to Benue, Central Nigeria and displaced we the kwararafan tribes.
You are missing the fact that they possibly came from somewhere before arriving the swem hills (in present day Cameroon).

Another point we are having a misunderstanding is the issue of Tiv expansion and their expansionist nature.
It's unfortunate that you don't understand my explanation of Tiv expansion, that was why you were comparing Tiv expansion to Igala, Nupe, Edo or Yoruba expansion.
Hope you know that there are over a million Tivs in Nasarawa n Taraba states? Buh the Tivs in these states are not regarded or recognized as Indigenes by the other ethnic grouops in these states because these people all knew when the Tivs arrived.
We in Benue don't have such audacity because the Tivs are the majority here and their settlements in Benue are definitely older than those in neighbouring Nasarawa n Taraba states.
Tivs are/used to be the kind of people who will come to your community in peace looking for farmlands and once you have given them it is finished, they have the highest birth rate of any tribe in Nigeria or even Africa and multiply so fast. Within a short time they have already outnumbered you in your community and before your people can say jack, they have already had more settlements surrounding your community and if you try to fight them, you are most likely to loose the fight due to their large numbers. This was how they displaced most Kwararafan tribes and are still displacing us till date (only that civilization n education has reduced it to an extent).

This is the reason why you find Benue river Jukun n Etulo (Idoma speaking tribe) communities in the heart of Tiv land in Benue state, completely enclaved by Tiv communities. During the height of Tiv expansion when they displaced Kwararafan tribes, some like the Etulo n River Benue jukuns (who are mostly fisher people) and probably thought they could not do without the River Benue stayed behind, and this was how they were enclaved and cut off away from their linguistic sibblings. Today, most of them have adopted Tiv language, culture n identity and it's just a matter of few decades for them to be completely Tiv-ized.

If you want to study the history of a tribe, especially through the oral means. Another good way you can do it is by asking the neighbouring tribes of that ethnic group to give you some oral accounts about their neighbours.
I will try to find some online documents featuring oral accounts from Idomas, Jukuns, Agatus, Igedes, Alagos and all other ethnic groups neighbouring the Tivs.
Buh being from this area, i have had first hand oral history info from my own tribe and other neighbouring Kwararafan tribes on the Tivs and it is exactly the same story from every quarters about the Tivs being expansionists who came to their lands not too long ago.
If you want to confirm this, pls feel free to befriend any person from an ethnic group of Kwararafan descent in Taraba, Benue, Nasarawa or Cross river state.
Thanks.

***It's unfortunate i accused your post of being too lengthy, while mine is no different grin. I apologize****

@9jakool.
I fully agree with genieluv's point.

Most tivs already support the school of thought that their people are of Bantu origins. You can ask those of them you come across who have a good knowledge of their history.

Tiv expansion is truly real. In those days and even till now to an extent. The average Tiv man used to have numerous wives, many up to 5- 10 wives. And each woman may likely have not less than 15 children cheesy.
Also, as we all know, Tivs used to entertain their visitors with their own wives grin . Visit a Tiv man in those days or even probably till date and you have a chance to select which of his wives you want to accompany you for the night cheesy

Tivs are the most recent immigrants to the middlebelt region of Nigeria but they have the largest population. They are also very homogenous linguistically and culturally, to show you that they are recent immigrants.

You should not compare the expansionist style and patterns of the Tivs to any other tribe in Nigeria because it is truly unique and exactly similar to those of the Bantus.

I am also from the Benue-Congo groups like the Tivs and i have experienced a lot of cultural similarities between my own people and some Bantu groups which is very much uncommon with other ethnic groups in Nigeria.
I was thrilled when i started watching some cultural music videos from Uganda and i observed some strong similarities in cultural attires between these Ugandan ethnic groups and most Benue-congo peoples. I would try to share these similarities here.

If people are classified as Bantoid, then they definitely have connections with the Bantus, just like the Igalas and Itsekiris classified as Yoruboid, or some groups classified as Igboid, Jukunoid, Edoid or Idomoid.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:40am On Jun 01, 2017
vaxx:
yep now she wants to be independent but no one is going to allow that until she completes her first degree.
24,000 cedis yearly salary.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:41am On Jun 01, 2017
forgiveness:

800 cedis per month and 1200 per commission every month. you should do the remaning calculation

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2017
forgiveness:

800 Cedis is more than 80,000 naira and 1,200 is even more than 80,000 naira
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:44am On Jun 01, 2017
Just30:
yep now she wants to be independent but no one is going to allow that until she completes her first degree.
24,000 cedis yearly salary.
that is great. she is a big girl in nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:45am On Jun 01, 2017
freshest4live:

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/knoema.com/atlas/Nigeria/GDP-per-capita-based-on-PPP%253Fmode%253Damp&ved=0ahUKEwiL8qWLipzUAhVKLMAKHYhPBKUQFghFMAc&usg=AFQjCNF63U7jum68sbIRruTiiAMbhyLx69Jg
just30 has given you a good reply

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:45am On Jun 01, 2017
Just30:
stop using ppp and using the nominal figures
Then why is vaax using PPP? You see how you guys contradict yourselves.
OK using Nominal figures Ghanian GDP per capita is 1381 dollars.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:46am On Jun 01, 2017
vaxx:
just30 has given you a good reply
What is the GDP per capita for Ghana nominal not PPP. My gosh, l can't believe l'm this patient Lol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2017
9jakool:

Of course, they expanded like many other ethnic groups, but I don't think it's from Congo. There is no evidence to support that. Check my explanation to understand better.

I have a series of unrelated questions. Do you think the Tivs would rather align with Hausa, prefer living under the Arewa/one North banner, would join the South or prefer a different region of their own?

Since we have clarified the first part of your paragraph.

Yeah any questions are welcomed.

There is no way any reasonable Tiv man or woman would prefer to allign with Hausas in the name of one arewa. Have you forgotten the first Tiv riots in the 60s against northern rule? They protested and rioted against being in the northern region.

Have you also forgotten about late Maj Gideon Orkar, the Tiv man who wanted to carry out a coup in order to cut off Hausa-fulanis and other core-northerners from Nigeria and merge them with Niger republic? The man has such a strong passion for the unity of the middlebelt and southern Nigerian peoples. Unfortunately he died before he could carry out that coup.

I strongly believe that there should be some underlying reasons behind this question of yours. So, if you can higlight some of these reasons, i could give you better explanations.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2017
freshest4live:

What is the GDP per capita for Ghana nominal not PPP. My gosh, l can't believe l'm this patient Lol.
nominal GDP per capital of Ghana is 3500 plus
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2017
The Gross Domestic Product per capita in Ghana was last recorded at 1696.64 US dollars in 2015. The GDP per Capita in Ghana is equivalent to 13 percent of the world's average. GDP per capita in Ghana averaged 1026.77 USD from 1960 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 1696.64 USD in 2015 and a record low of 701.53 USD in 1983.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 01, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Another qualifier would be the names of common animals and pronouns.
I believe I've noted the use of Bantu pronouns in the video above
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2017
genieluv:

Coool, i admire the artistic designs of these Ghanaian caskets. I've watched a documentary on their making, buh i don't know why i find it really absurd n ridiculous.

~~What's really the rationale behind it? I can't imagine burying my mother in a coke bottle when she ages n die.

Yes, me too, i also find it very absurd and pointless.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:55am On Jun 01, 2017
freshest4live:

using Nominal, Ghana gdp per capital is estimated at 3500 and something
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2017
freshest4live:

Vaax is quoting you a figure based on 2016 estimate
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:57am On Jun 01, 2017
Just30:
using Nominal, Ghana gdp per capital is estimated at 3500 and something
Can you provide your source please? Even the world bank figures disagree with you.
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD&ved=0ahUKEwjEvdO1lZzUAhVnJsAKHQakCKoQFgg9MAQ&usg=AFQjCNHcKSZ_5_qRNkTXC3KJR6l86H8Wdg

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 60 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.