Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,388 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:06 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (9722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6335961 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9719) (9720) (9721) (9722) (9723) (9724) (9725) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 23, 2021
Stevoh18:
#Copied~

John Pombe Magufuli, a LUO Kenyan was born in 1959 as John Aruna Okong'o. It's his children playmates who prefered to use the Kiswahili meaning of that name. His father, a coxswain with the then East African Railways and Harbours and originally from Seme Kanyadwera in Kisumu County, retired and settled in Tanzania, repairing padlocks (kifuli/vifuli), giving his son the third name. People would refer to the father as " the padlock repairer..
A large swath of Northern Tanzania/North Mara is occupied by the Luo. It's the border that separates them from their Kenyan kin, like the Kuria and Maasai. During the colonial period, many Luos settled in other parts of Tanzania, fishing, working in the mines or with the EAHR like JPM's father. They are spread beyond North Mara into Bunda, Magu, Geita, Buhongwa, Mwanza, Kamanga, Shinyanga etc.
In one of the recent stories on Magufuli, I read that elders from his Sukuma ethnic group had been brought to State House, Dar, to pray for him. So was he a Sukuma or a Luo?
It's like Wanga, a Luo from the Royal Luo Babito (Rabongo) who founded the Baganda Kingdom, was adopted by the Luhya to found the Wanga Kingdom in Mumias..
True. Politically speaking and even culturally, integration was important. The history of prominent people have twists and turns. Wanga's son, Matar, migrated with Owila ( Uyoma), Wanga's brother, back to Louland to found the Sakwa clan from which Raila is descended. Nyerere's mother was said to have been from the North Mara Luo where the late Owino Misiani the musician came from. She had "juogi" (spirits) which set her wondering before she settled in Zanake, Butiama, to give birth to Mwalimu Kambarage with Mzee Nyerere.

Their best president was Kenyan wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mzal3ndo(m): 4:57am On Mar 23, 2021
vaxx:
There will always be legal ground to avoid tax payment . a well structured policy can be effective in collecting tax in whatever form an organization operate. it doesn't matter at all. . being able to enjoy all the necessary program that comes with traditional banking just on a simple telecoms chip is a beautiful technology.

We have mobile banking. The matter is telecom companies venturing into insurance and other sectors. In one way, it can create monopolies that can affect the citizen. Just to give you and example, last month all the major telecom companies in Tanzania raise their prices on data bundles, the government had to set up to fix this. If these same companies are into health insurance, the can raise prices for the ordinary citizen with great effect, thus, separation of sectors.

But its not bad. I don't know it might work.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:09am On Mar 23, 2021
The Capital

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:12am On Mar 23, 2021

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:27am On Mar 23, 2021
Magical Kenya Open Golf Tournament
Karen Country Club, Nairobi

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Mzal3ndo:

We have mobile banking. The matter is telecom companies venturing into insurance and other sectors. In one way, it can create monopolies that can affect the citizen. Just to give you and example, last month all the major telecom companies in Tanzania raise their prices on data bundles, the government had to set up to fix this. If these same companies are into health insurance, the can raise prices for the ordinary citizen with great effect, thus, separation of sectors.

But its not bad. I don't know it might work.
I actually don't see any much flaws in it , it will rather create strive competition among major industry. Even traditional banking this days are going into real estate, mining and other available productive sector .. there is a government agency that oversee and regularized telecommunication industry in Ghana, infact, no telecom's industry can wake up in Ghana one day and act on his own without consulting the appropriate authority . The health insurance is a national agenda in Ghana therefore it is highly regularized by government, infact government has a body for it.

Ghana case is plausible, the insurance and investment company are tying up with the telecoms industry to bring their product and service to be enjoy by normal average man who would have not been able to afford the normal processing cost that comes with this company packages .

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 8:49am On Mar 23, 2021
+254

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by SHIIIIITEHOLE: 11:10am On Mar 23, 2021
RUBBISH cool

[s]
Tayser:
Ghanaians enjoying the facilities Kenyans have built wink
Atleast the ones not obtainable in Ghana.
Just a word of caution, you dont travel abroad to Kenya and say you've never seen an ATM machine. We are left to wonder what century you are still living in...and these are the guys trying to lecture us on momo.
Ohh and the ferris wheel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yvkxUyx-8
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leo552: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2021
Kenya’s mobile phone operator Safaricom has topped the list of Africa’s most valuable brands by market capitalisation, with shareholder wealth peaking at a record high of $14.14 billion in February 2021.

According to a new monthly survey by analysts at AfricanFinancials Group, Safaricom, which is listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), floored West African corporate giants such as Dangote Cement ($9.1 billion), MTN Nigeria ($8.6 billion), BUA Cement (Nigeria, $5.92 billion) and Airtel Africa ($4.18 billion), which took the second, third, fourth and fifth positions respectively.

In a report titled Sub-Saharan Top 30 Equity Valuation, the analysts show that eight East African listed firms, largely from Kenya and Tanzania, made it to the list of sub-Saharan Africa’s most valuable brands.
Leading firms

The firms are Safaricom ($14.14 billion), Tanzanian Breweries ($1.38 billion), Equity Bank ($1.27 billion), East African Breweries Ltd ($1.19 billion), KCB ($1.13 billion), Vodacom Tanzania ($744 million), Tanzania Cigarette ($733 million) and Co-operative Bank ($689 million).

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
leo552:
Kenya’s mobile phone operator Safaricom has topped the list of Africa’s most valuable brands by market capitalisation, with shareholder wealth peaking at a record high of $14.14 billion in February 2021.

According to a new monthly survey by analysts at AfricanFinancials Group, Safaricom, which is listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), floored West African corporate giants such as Dangote Cement ($9.1 billion), MTN Nigeria ($8.6 billion), BUA Cement (Nigeria, $5.92 billion) and Airtel Africa ($4.18 billion), which took the second, third, fourth and fifth positions respectively.

In a report titled Sub-Saharan Top 30 Equity Valuation, the analysts show that eight East African listed firms, largely from Kenya and Tanzania, made it to the list of sub-Saharan Africa’s most valuable brands.
Leading firms

The firms are Safaricom ($14.14 billion), Tanzanian Breweries ($1.38 billion), Equity Bank ($1.27 billion), East African Breweries Ltd ($1.19 billion), KCB ($1.13 billion), Vodacom Tanzania ($744 million), Tanzania Cigarette ($733 million) and Co-operative Bank ($689 million).
Your country must break safaricom monopoly if she want to prosper. over 50 percent of your GDP passes thru the company.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
vaxx:
Your country must break safaricom monopoly if she want to prosper. over 50 percent of your GDP passes thru the company.

Keep quiet, there's no company in Ghana which is even half the worth of Safaricom.

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Saddamochieng00(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Tayser:
Ghanaians enjoying the facilities Kenyans have built wink
Atleast the ones not obtainable in Ghana.
Just a word of caution, you dont travel abroad to Kenya and say you've never seen an ATM machine. We are left to wonder what century you are still living in...and these are the guys trying to lecture us on momo.
Ohh and the ferris wheel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yvkxUyx-8

Interestingly enough I know that building she's living in. A police buddy of mine recently took me there. The girl looks innocent but most of the faces I saw there I swear belong to either yahoo boys or hardcore thugs. The week before a young dude came with a Glock and started firing at the adjacent houses. Who the fvck does that.

I really don't get why this West Africans must always cause trouble wherever they go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJD9FO18ML4

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
Wuoche:

Keep quiet, there's no company in Ghana which is even half the worth of Safaricom.
it cool you are now ridding in our past boat, back in those days when Ashanti gold was having its headquater in Ghana, no listed Kenya company and all east Africa combine worth the value of Ashanti gold that moves to south Africa. good, Ashanti gold is now coming back to Ghana now. the story will be different..

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
Saddamochieng00:

Interestingly enough I know that building she's living in. A police buddy of mine recently took me there. The girl looks innocent but most of the faces I saw there I swear belong to either yahoo boys or hardcore thugs. This guys have been really giving them serious headaches. The week before a young dude came with a Glock and started firing at the adjacent houses. Who the fvck does that.

I really don't get why this West Africans must always cause trouble wherever they go.

Even in the rural area of northern Ghana , there is presence of Atm.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Saddamochieng00(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2021
vaxx:

You guys still have a long way to go. You might think we're hating on you but we just speaking truths. All the stats might portray Ghana as a rapidly developing country but we can't see nothing on ground. I've watched so many videos of your country but am yet to be impressed.

Can we try to be realistic at times.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
Saddamochieng00:

You guys still have a long way to go. You might think we're hating on you but we just speaking truths. All the stats might portray Ghana as a rapidly developing country but we can't see nothing on ground. I've watched so many videos of your country but am yet to be impressed.

Can we try to be realistic at times.
same way I also feel about Kenya.

I am more realistic than you.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Saddamochieng00(m): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
vaxx:
same way I also feel about Kenya.

I am more realistic than you.

Only difference is that yours is envy wink

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2021
Saddamochieng00:

Only difference is that yours is envy wink

in all honest , the only subsharan Africa country I envy is south Africa while I envy Morocco and Algeria in general , I have a spot for Egypt and Tunisia too.

Kenya in all development statistics has been rank low below Ghana. why should I envy you. I rather pity you.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
Kenya is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 6:51am On Mar 24, 2021
Wuoche:
+254

Villagers should know their level,Nairobi is miles ahead of their capital.No need to fight it,the pictures and videos confirms it .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:18am On Mar 24, 2021
popizaino:

Villagers should know their level,Nairobi is miles ahead of their capital.No need to fight it,the pictures and videos confirms it .
stop acting strange. Nairobi is never in any way better than accra . this is what I have confirmed from someone who knows both of the country by hands. in fact, I was personally told some place are worse off than agbogbolosi a suburb of accra . so what's up. and this same thing applicable to ruwanda which has no single flyover .

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Appisko: 8:00am On Mar 24, 2021
popizaino:

Stupid refugee asskisser

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vankelvin: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2021
You guys are making this countryless idiot feel important. So you will reply all foolish comments of his?
Then you guys have time to waste on useless things papa. Tweaa

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
Saddamochieng00:

Interestingly enough I know that building she's living in. A police buddy of mine recently took me there. The girl looks innocent but most of the faces I saw there I swear belong to either yahoo boys or hardcore thugs. The week before a young dude came with a Glock and started firing at the adjacent houses. Who the fvck does that.

The warped socio-cultural madness. Mistaking Kenya for the states where mentally unstable people whip guns and shoot people for recreation. Anyway dude, as a known member of the Proud Boys and KKK, what do you think of the mass shootings? Are they linked with the gun laws and gun culture?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
vaxx:

There is no automatic MILK vending machine in Ghana. Prove me wrong. I put it in bold so that you get the actual point. Ghana has cash ATMs but not milk ATMs.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
Appisko:

Stupid refugee asskisser

A not very intellectual reply.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
The Capital

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
Magu's eulogy

Karma finally caught up with him. On 10 March, three days after my initial tweet, I tweeted the following: “It is a sad comment on his stewardship of our country that it has come to this: that he himself had to get Covid-19 and be flown out to Kenya in order to prove that prayers, steam inhalations and other unproven herbal concoctions he has championed are no protection against the coronavirus.”

Based on information of his imminent death I was receiving from my Kenyan and Tanzanian sources, that same day, I tweeted again: “The latest update from Nairobi: “They are planning to sneak him out to India to avoid social media embarrassment from Kenyans. They feel that it will be more embarrassing if the worst happened in Kenya. The most powerful man in Tanzania is now being sneaked about like an outlaw!”

The next day, 11 March, I received information from my Kenyan sources that he had indeed been “snuck out”. I tweeted: “Latest update from Nairobi: The man Who Declared Victory Over Corona ‘was transferred to India this afternoon.’ Kenyans don’t want the embarrassment ‘if the worst happens in Kenya.’ His Covid denialism in tatters, his prayer-over-science folly has turned into a deadly boomerang!” By the time Hassan finally declared him officially dead, I already had reliable information that Magufuli had been dead since 10 March, the day he was snuck out of Nairobi.

Tanzania’s mainstream media had all through this period kept a deathly silence, on account of which I tweeted on 14 March: “It is a telling indictment, not just of our so-called press, but of the Magufuli dictatorship, that the biggest news story of all time, the disappearance and rumoured demise of the president, is a top story in Kenya and worldwide but in Tanzania it is as if nothing has happened!”

The evening before I had promised, quoting Mark Twain, the great American humourist, that, although I did not wish anyone dead, “I will write, not merely read, a certain obituary with great satisfaction!”
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-03-22-tanzanias-five-years-of-devastation-under-the-presidency-of-john-pombe-magufuli/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
gallivant:

A not very intellectual reply.

Cant expect better from the who is whos of the bottom of the barrel.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
This ofc is also a Kenyan problem, ACTUALLY a continental problem but as usual employee honesty issues are off the charts on WA.
This us copied from a Naijjan by someone in our group.

Copied from a friend’s page:

DOING BUSINESS IN AFRICA

#Copied from WhatsApp

I run a manufacturing business and a trading business.
The biggest challenge in my manufacturing business is not power, or infrastructure, the biggest challenge is getting honest staff. Everyone we hire appears to be on a mission to steal as much as possible. Inflated invoices, recording less than the actual number of units produced. The worst part of it all is that all the fraud we've uncovered is not done by a single person, it's usually many staff who collude with each other, from production, to sales, to finance, even top management. There was a year I overhauled management 3 times in a year.........

But me, I've found a solution sha, I now use Indian management. So competent, so honest and so straightforward. I thought they were expensive at first with all the visa fees, accommodation, house staff, but now that losses due to staff theft have been reduced to a minimum, and efficiency increased, the Indian management has turned out to be cheaper than the previous African management. Now, all sensitive positions involving money go to Indians. Africans are only allowed in non-sensitive positions. I used to criticize companies like Dangote Group that hire so many Indians when there are many unemployed Africans, but now, I understand their decision.

My biggest challenge in the trading business is the same, getting honest staff. The form of trading occurs in the open market, and involves staff having access to huge sums of money running into a few millions. I know how much I pay to security companies to provide escorts for the staff, not to prevent robbery, but to ensure that the staff go straight to the bank to deposit the money after the day's sales and not disappear with my money. This money spent on security companies is even enough to be declared as profit. We have to spend on CCTV, biometric scanners and other things that wouldn't be needed if staff weren't looking for the slightest opportunity to steal.

It got so bad at a point that my main criteria for employing staff was no longer competency but honesty. At least, competency and skills can be learnt, but once you're dishonest, you're dishonest.

We always complain of the economy and how there are no jobs. I know people abroad who would have loved to set up job creating businesses in Africa but they can't because they can't get any trustworthy person to run it.

I know people in Africa with so much money, they want to start factories and other job-creating businesses but they can't because they are occupied elsewhere and can't get any trustworthy person to run the business. So instead of investing in the real sector and creating jobs, they'll just buy treasury bills, while the thieves are shouting no jobs.

Many big businesses would have been born in Africa if we could engage in partnerships, but we can’t because you can't trust anyone. This is one advantage the Indians and Lebanese have over us in Africa. They can pull resources together and do mega-business, unlike Africans that because only one person must do everything since we can't partner, end up with small, tiny businesses.

Start a poultry and they will be stealing your eggs. Some will even go ahead to be killing the chickens so that they'll be allowed to take them home.

Start an entertainment/viewing/game center and they'll be pocketing your money. On the days you're around at the business, the money realized will be x10 of the money realized when you're not around..... Because they're eating your money.

Lease out a vehicle to a driver to use and watch as he'll finish you.

Start a restaurant, the same thing will happen. More than half of the total food ingredients will end up in their personal kitchens.

Even ordinary provisions shop, they will find a way to steal.

You'll see them with that their evil, wicked saying "na where person dey work, na there e dey chop, na e make dem dey callam workchop/workshop"...... Just imagine, justifying theft at work.

And you'll see these people point their crooked fingers at politicians when they're not any different. I usually say the reason most Africans haven't stolen billions of government money, is simply lack of opportunity.

*On every level, Africans are the problem of Africa*.

#Copied

I've said before sociocultural is in our national DNA. It permeates all national arms, systems and functions, military, police, business and even within the home!
This is an ignored apsect of why we're STILL poor! Yes, transfer pricing and skewed trading programs feck us BUT we FECK OURSELVES. The Lumumbas of this WORLD never speak on this.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
UPDATE: [/b]Highway Development Management Initiative (HDMI) of

(being implemented by @FMWHNIG) NOW SET to commence. [b]12 Roads in Phase One; 1,963km total
; over a Trillion Naira in private investment expected. Procurement Portal https://hdmi.worksandhousing.gov.ng opens Mon March 29:

Why is it now important?

Because today the @icrcng handed over the Certificate of Compliance for the HDMI to @FMWHNIG. Which means an approval for the procurement process to commence.

So expect a call soon for applications from interested concessionaires & other participants. https://pic.twitter.com/fOSklJ66pq

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
vaxx:
stop acting strange. Nairobi is never in any way better than accra . this is what I have confirmed from someone who knows both of the country by hands. in fact, I was personally told some place are worse off than agbogbolosi a suburb of accra . so what's up. and this same thing applicable to ruwanda which has no single flyover .

I did not in anywhere mention accra in my post but since you feel I was referring to her then that is it.......personally,i have only seen Nairobi through the lenses on various international news platforms such as BBC,CNN,DW,FRANCE 24, and everytime there is a correspondent from Nairobi and Accra you wouldn't need any paper stats or information from a biased Ghanaian to tell which city is ahead of each other. I repeat Nairobi is no Accra's mate .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9719) (9720) (9721) (9722) (9723) (9724) (9725) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.