Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,888 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:48 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1000) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6337082 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Thats great. Do you have a video for your side? The train thing am not sure who came up with it first. Considering you guys built yours ahead its likely you brought the train idea to E.A. If other countries build theirs we will surely be a Great East Africa. cool

can't find a video. But am kinda sure
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Eritrea would declare a national holiday if Ethiopia split up
Saw Eritrea is ranked down there with North Korea when it comes to human rights
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hati13:

Because of fear that the exam will be leaked on the internet. Last year, during the eve of our exam exam, an Oromo guy from USA leaked our exam on Facebook. Our exam was suspended for one month and the internet was shouted down back then. Now again to prevent this kind of situation, the government shouted down the internet.

oh.......... I see shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by golddust6000(m): 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
This page will turn 1thousand page, the highest number of pages on nairaland.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
ednited:

can't find a video. But am kinda sure

Ok. I came across a site comparing Ethiopian rail and the kenyan one. I must say I can see why the Kenyan one was more expensive despite not being electrified. But you have cool stations. The last pic is Addis Ababa station which I read is the biggest? I think our stations are bigger and more in number along the track. Are people complaining that yours was too expensive or of low quality than expected?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
kikuyu1:

Honestly ,you Naijjans should thank us. Thanks to VK you now know what a Kenyan supuu looks like!
Before she landed did you have anything like her. Those eyes,that arse?! Be honest,for once!

hahahaha........... i'm not in the right position to answer this question grin grin grin
when it comes to look, everyone is born beautiful to me....... maybe u should ask nowenus*
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
PissedYagami:

Saw Eritrea is ranked down there with North Korea when it comes to human rights
cheesy
They are both militaristic states
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ok. I came across a site comparing Ethiopian rail and the kenyan one. I must say I can see why the Kenyan one was more expensive despite not being electrified. But you have cool stations. The last pic is Addis Ababa station which I read is the biggest? I think our stations are bigger and more in number along the track. Are people complaining that yours was too expensive or of low quality than expected?

never heard of a complain. Ours look old to me. . .doesn't it??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 3:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
KENYA
Giving Naija peeps sleepless nights since 20 BC
First class & Economy class

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
9jakool:

Abuja's role as the admin. capital has been realized. I see it as unnecessary and a waste of money, a white elephant project like the mil tower and many houses in Abuja. Many development projects in abuja have become abandoned. Many houses have been abandoned. There is no need for a building boom in Abuja as of now, that was the 1980s era when a lot of businesses located from Lagos.That era is now over. Despite the excessive money spent on Abuja, Lagos still remained the commercial/financial capital. I sure hope, the gov is not spending a single naira on that fake project. Also what viable use does it serve. It's just a waste of money. Eko Atlantic is trying to be the new financial HQ of Lagos, Konza city is trying to be the tech cap or Silicone valley of Kenya. Centenary city is even more ridiculous considering that it's supposed to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of Nigeria. Building a fake artificial city is not a way to do so, Nigeria's accomplishment should be visible in its development. Develop the country as it is, not waste money on a fake city with no purpose.

well,....... maybe u should look at the advantages too.......

http://www.abuja-ng.com/centenary-city-abuja.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
I have never seen anyone here mention Kenyan cricket. In 2003 we made it to the World Cup semi final
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
golddust6000:
This page will turn 1thousand page, the highest number of pages on nairaland.

its not going to be........... there's one yeye thread that has over 1300 pages.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
shervydman:

its not going to be........... there's one yeye thread that has over 1300 pages.
This page will one day reach 10,000 pages

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
KENYA REDEEMED

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mpianya39(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am saddened by the continuous act of some of my compatriots to always engage in social media fight with fellow Africans, most notably our brothers and sisters from Ghana and Kenya.

It is even unfortunate that these countries Nigeria youths love to abuse on social media are doing better than our potentially great country in virtually all sphere despite the fact that we(as a country) have more revenues, potentials, and opportunities. If Nigerians are not aware of the superiority(in terms of living) of other Africans over us, I will have to educate them using Kenya as a case study.

While Nigerians have always pride in the self titled "African Giant" rhetoric, facts on ground shows otherwise. Though we generate more revenue than Kenya, which is 70% due to the gift of nature under our soil(Petrodollars), Nigerians still lag behind greatly in basic things when compared to the East African giant.

According to 2015 data from World Health Organisation, Nigeria's male and female life expectancy are 52years and 56 years respectively, meaning an average Nigerian is expected to die before he/she turns 60. Meanwhile, the expectancy for Kenyan male and female are 61 and 66 years respectively. Similarly, while Nigeria has the 10th highest infant mortality rate worldwide with average 72 deaths per 1,000 birth, Kenya's infant mortality rate is rated 52nd in the world with average 32 deaths per 1,000 births. This means it is safer to give birth in Kenya than in Nigeria, and an average Kenyan living in Kenya is expected to live longer than an average Nigerian living in Nigeria.

Though Nigeria has more tourism potential than Kenya, but Kenya is one of the choice destination for vacation in East Africa. While Nigeria managed to rake in $601 million as Tourism receipt(Revenue) in 2014, Kenya raked in $1.833 billion in the same year. Nigeria can't even boast of a National carrier meanwhile Kenya Airways, the National Carrier of Kenya boasts of 45 Aircrafts in their fleet with 4,000 workforce strength. In addition, Kenya Airways is reputed to be one of the best in Africa.

In Africa, Kenya is the leader of Mobile money. Nigeria is still still battling to get it right in the ICT sector with poor infrastructure, lack of power, lack of political will, and fantastically corruption.

At present Nigeria is experiencing recession in her economy, one would expect Nigerians to shun frivolties and seek for ways to turn the recession to prosperity instead of wasting productive hours fighting our African brethren over irrelevances. Why would one who is rationing his/her phone battery life due to epileptic power supply still spend the little battery life s/he got through his/her generator to abuse someone in Nairobi who is neither rationing his/her phone battery life nor is depending on generating set for power? There is no trophy or reward for social media fight, Nigerians should stop sending the wrong image to the world that our greatness lies in social media wars.

Nigeria is a great country with potentials, filled with great prospects, but we can never be great if we don't channel our time and resources to fix our country.

A word should be enough for the wise... May God Bless Us All, and Bless Nigeria

Shared on my Palmchat group

RESOURCES: http://world.bymap.org/InfantMortality.html
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/ST.INT.RCPT.CD
http://www.who.int/countries/nga/en/
http://www.who.int/countries/ken/en/

Ok
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
PissedYagami:

This page will one day reach 10,000 pages

I hope we live long enough to witness that............ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
ednited:

never heard of a complain Ours look old to me. . .doesn't it??

Ethiopia is funny, not a complaint? Kenyans been complaining since the project began, that it too expensive, that the Ethiopian one is cheaper yet electrified etc. In fact, the project is a major rallying call for the opposition, and if the current government is not careful could be defeated in the upcoming August elections for that reason. They say it was too expensive due to corruption and they cite your railway. undecided
I don wonna get political here but I think our thing was justifiably expensive. Maybe you can be the judge. I thought your trains looked old too. The Chinese have a reputation for giving people exactly what they ask for

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
PissedYagami:
I have never seen anyone here mention Kenyan cricket. In 2003 we made it to the World Cup semi final

I know grin. But what happened since then? I did mention cricket sometimes back with the cricket warriors, maybe you were away. Do you play it?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
PissedYagami:
I like cricket.its fun if you know the rules ..an awesome when Pakistan is playing India
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Haha, Ethiopia is funny, not a complain? Kenyans been complaining since the project began, that it too expensive, that the Ethiopian one is cheaper yet electrified etc. In fact, the project is a major rallying call for the opposition, and if the current government is not careful could be defeated in the upcoming August elections. They say it was too expensive due to corruption and they cite your railway. undecided
I don wonna get political here but I think our thing was justifiably expensive. Maybe you can be the judge. I thought your trains looked old too. The Chinese have a reputation for giving people exactly what they ask for

You are very right about the Chinese. No Kenyan must complain about that because if you want high quality, it's always going to be expensive. Although I don't know how much u guys were asked for that. . .the outcome is a satisfactory.

If we talk about corruption. . .Addis Ababa stadium construction stuck for 5 years only because of corruption
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by golddust6000(m): 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
shervydman:

and dis one is another yeye thread hmm,.'m
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
Is it me or our Ethiopian friends seem more friendlier than other folks in here apart from Kenyans of course
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Eritrea would declare a national holiday if Ethiopia split up
They will, but I doubt it will happen. If Tigrays returned the fertile lands they stolen from Amharas, we don't want to do anything with them. They can unite their dry agama rocky land with the savage land called Eritrea.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
ednited:

You are very right about the Chinese. No Kenyan must complain about that because if you want high quality, it's always going to be expensive. Although I don't know how much u guys were asked for that. . .the outcome is a satisfactory.

If we talk about corruption. . .Addis Ababa stadium construction stuck for 5 years only because of corruption

The cost was $3.2 billion. Is the stadium complete now?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hati13:

They will, but I doubt it will happen. If Tigrays returned the fertile lands they stolen from Amharas, we don't want to do anything with them. They can unite their dry agama rocky land with the savage land called Eritrea.

Whats wrong with Africa? This sounds like how Nigerians talk
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hati13:

I watched a video on Ethiopia -Eritrea war an man gt say war is bad..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
golddust6000:
and dis one is another yeye thread hmm,.'m

its getting more 'yeyerish' every day by day............

one minute, it'll make sense....the next minute, it turns to something else. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
TayserMahiri:

What do you mean? Who dominates the TPLF. Is it the Tigrays?
Yes, it's. TPLF means Tigray people liberation front. Our current government EPRDF is the collection of TPLF, Amhara people liberation front , Oromo people liberation front and other Ethiopians people liberation fronts. The Tigrays are only 6%, but they are the ones who are dominating the government with their nasty racist ideas. You don't know how those people made my family to suffer angry.

They should be deported to where they came from Arabia.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
Guys we should create another thread with some rules like..no cursing ,no insulting ,no kissing grin ,no scamming ,no abusing ,no negative vibes just a few
grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Whats wrong with Africa? This sounds like how Nigerians talk
Sorry for sounding emotional, but those people deeds makes you to sound like this.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
Seriously when are we gonna have the 1000 page thingy sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.