Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,610 members, 7,972,241 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:17 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1222516 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2022
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/kq-back-to-price-hedging-after-costly-gamble-2207872
Kenya Airways has announced plans to restart fuel price hedging by the end of the year, two years after a wrong gamble played a big part in wrecking its bottom lines and forcing it to seek taxpayer bailout.

Two years ago, when the airline tried such a bet – which is regarded as an international best practice in the airline industry – prices took a downward trend, contributing immensely to a monumental Sh26 billion loss that the national carrier booked.

It has never recovered from that dent

Just40:
on which market is KQ trading oil futures? It is no where to be found on their financials ..... Why do you like to lie?

My govt will never default at the very instance when it is busy buying gold to sure up it reserve
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/kq-back-to-price-hedging-after-costly-gamble-2207872
Kenya Airways has announced plans to restart fuel price hedging by the end of the year, two years after a wrong gamble played a big part in wrecking its bottom lines and forcing it to seek taxpayer bailout.

Two years ago, when the airline tried such a bet – which is regarded as an international best practice in the airline industry – prices took a downward trend, contributing immensely to a monumental Sh26 billion loss that the national carrier booked.

It has never recovered from that dent

KQ yearly seeks tax payers bailout and it has been doing so for more than 10 years

And it will keep making losses because it is not competitive enough in a tiny margin industry
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
How long has it taken Ghana to recover from Kwame Nkrumah bankruptcy of 1962. Forever. Your CEDIS remain unstable and untrusted. Recovery is very very hard. KQ is very lucky to be still flying. Kenya has tried to have national carrier since 1963 - and we are still on air - flying the Pride of Africa. Ghana Airways was last seen on the radar when USSR was a super power smiley

If you default now - be assured - you will die when Ghana will still be battling with effect of such a bankruptcy. Whatever you do - dont default. Give each bond holder a gold bar and some chocolate.

Just40:
KQ yearly seeks tax payers bailout and it has been doing so for more than 10 years

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
Yeap look like CEDIS is on course to be worst performing currency - approaching 10 cedis to a dollar : 40 percent depreciation;

Bloomberg had earlier stated that the cedi lost 40.05% in value to the US dollar in nine months of 2022, ranking it as the second worst-performing currency in the world in the 147th position.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Even if you underperform completely totally - for 400B dollar economy - you should be able to beat Uganda in Non-Oil taxes - but you dont. You dont even collect 10B dollars. Uganda 40B dollar economy beats you smiley smiley smiley - You overcook those numbers.
We've gone over this before. I don't know what you derive from lying. I think you are just envious. You wish your economy is significant but your economy just remain small. I can see you, in particular, is just so interested in economy, economy, economy. But alas, your economy is insignificant. Smaller than Ghana's unless you tamper with data.

Why don't you just focus on where Kenya has comparative advantage such as hotels, tourism, etc. Generally speaking, your economy can only match those of Cameroon and cotedivoire in West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
After purchasing another Kenyan bank in a three-year period, Access Bank is about to purchase Equity Bank Kenya, these guys are not smiling , I swear. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
In dollars what is Non-Oil revenue to NIgera gov - both states and federal. The answer 5-10 percent. What is Nigeria total revenue - all levels -it's about kenya 20-30. If you remove 10% - Nigeria non-oil revenues is merely 5B dollars. Let say 10B dollars.
obaaderemi:
We've gone over this before. I don't know what you derive from lying. I think you are just envious. You wish your economy is significant but your economy just remain small. I can see you, in particular, is just so interested in economy, economy, economy. But alas, your economy is insignificant. Smaller than Ghana's unless you tamper with data.

Why don't you just focus on where Kenya has comparative advantage such as hotels, tourism, etc. Generally speaking, your economy can only match those of Cameroon and cotedivoire in West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
How long has it taken Ghana to recover from Kwame Nkrumah bankruptcy of 1962. Forever. Your CEDIS remain unstable and untrusted. Recovery is very very hard. KQ is very lucky to be still flying. Kenya has tried to have national carrier since 1963 - and we are still on air - flying the Pride of Africa. Ghana Airways was last seen on the radar when USSR was a super power smiley

If you default now - be assured - you will die when Ghana will still be battling with effect of such a bankruptcy. Whatever you do - dont default. Give each bond holder a gold bar and some chocolate.

never happened...

My Cedis remain great as a freely floating tradable currency....

You should do that with kshs and your economy will finally have a breathing space.

Theres no pride in flying a bankrupt airline who is every now and then getting planes seized for failure to pay one rent or the other, with one delay flight after the other or failure to provide food to passengers.
It's a flying coffin....

Better let that things dies in peace before you end up having a massive lawsuit on your hand for negligence.

There's a reason why the Kenyan economy will never transcend to spread progress to more Kenyans and you'll remain poor just like your forefathers and your children will come and live in that same poverty where they will have to sleep on dusty floors in order to make a living

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Balogunodua(m): 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
rvp2018:
REMOVE OIL ECONOMY - and what do you have left in Nigeria. Nollywood?

Rvp the most deluded Kenyatta alive cheesy

Nigeria manufacturing sector alone is worth more than the entire Kenya dumbo grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
There are still about 40 more banks - you come and take the small ones - their owners are smilling away from the bank.
68816419:
After purchasing another Kenyan bank in a three-year period, Access Bank is about to purchase Equity Bank Kenya, these guys are not smiling , I swear. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Address urgent matters 1) soverign default 2) 40 percent fall of CEDIS - KQ will be back to profitability in 2yrs. It has used the crisis to fix staff costs.
Just40:
never happened...

My Cedis remain great as a freely floating tradable currency....

You should do that with kshs and your economy will finally have a breathing space.

Theres no pride in flying a bankrupt airline who is every now and then getting planes seized for failure to pay one rent or the other, with one delay flight after the other or failure to provide food to passengers.
It's a flying coffin....

Better let that things dies in peace before you end up having a massive lawsuit on your hand for negligence

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Yeap look like CEDIS is on course to be worst performing currency - approaching 10 cedis to a dollar : 40 percent depreciation;

Bloomberg had earlier stated that the cedi lost 40.05% in value to the US dollar in nine months of 2022, ranking it as the second worst-performing currency in the world in the 147th position.
still has more value that the kshs and has more trading volume than the kshs.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
Even if you re-dominated every week to dollar; it will still find it bottom; until it again become 50,000 cedis to a dollar. It's cousin the Kwacha is waiting for it. Cedis has to find it's base - 50,000 cedis to a dollar. Soon you will need a wheelbarrow to carry cedis to buy bread.

KSHS since 1963 has never been re-dominated.

It was 20shs to a dollar/pound in 1990 - then we had inflation problem in 1993 - that took it 65 - then we reigned in to 40-50 - then eventually to 60-70 - then all these years - we just got to 120shs - and it will pull back to 100-110 after this crisis.

Just40:
still has more value that the kshs and has more trading volume than the kshs.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae2: 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Even if you underperform completely totally - for 400B dollar economy - you should be able to beat Uganda in Non-Oil taxes - but you dont. You dont even collect 10B dollars. Uganda 40B dollar economy beats you smiley smiley smiley - You overcook those numbers.
In my opinion, our economy is even way more than 400 billion dollars. It should be close to 750 billion dollars. Only Nigeria is stopping Nigeria now with our corruption.
Nigerian non oil tax from FIRS in 2021 was 4.36 trillion Naira ( over 10 billion dollars in 2021) which is excluding oil and gas, but still very low. Kenyan total tax was 17 billion dollars for a non resource country that should be dependent on taxes, it's still very low.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Address urgent matters 1) soverign default 2) 40 percent fall of CEDIS - KQ will be back to profitability in 2yrs. It has used the crisis to fix staff costs.
not even an issue as there is nothing like sovereign default when it comes to Ghana... The fall in the cedi value serve as a shock absorber for the economy.
It provides room for govt fiscal intervention... That's the benefit of a free floating tradable currency ( more trustworthy than a manage currency) hence why your country is under 2 IMF program despite all the debt relief

That's is why the kshs in not trusted because it cannot be traded.

Your children will grow grew hair and still not see KQ making profit
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
I trust Bloomerg and Reuters more smiley
Just40:
not even an issue as there is nothing like sovereign default when it comes to Ghana... The fall in the cedi value serve as a shock absorber for the economy.
It provides room for govt fiscal intervention... That's the benefit of a free floating tradable currency ( more trustworthy than a manage currency) hence why your country is under 2 IMF program despite all the debt relief

That's is why the kshs in not trusted because it cannot be traded.

Your children will grow grew hair and still not see KQ making profit
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae2: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2022
It's time for Nigerian Government to rebase the economy again. Insightful program here Mkenya2019. 204.5 trillion Naira (over 480 billion dollars) e-transactions alone in six months. Over 1 billion dollars on Beer consumption in 6 months from just 4 big companies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdxm_s73p1E
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Even if you re-dominated every week to dollar; it will still find it bottom; until it again become 50,000 cedis to a dollar. It's cousin the Kwacha is waiting for it. Cedis has to find it's base - 50,000 cedis to a dollar. Soon you will need a wheelbarrow to carry cedis to buy bread.

KSHS since 1963 has never been re-dominated.

It was 20shs to a dollar/pound in 1990 - then we had inflation problem in 1993 - that took it 65 - then we reigned in to 40-50 - then eventually to 60-70 - then all these years - we just got to 120shs - and it will pull back to 100-110 after this crisis.

The cedi is still a more trusted currency than the kshs ... You don't even trust your own kshs to freely trade it let alone others... We can talk about currencies when the valueless kshs get to the level of the Cedi... For now it still remain in pampers....

Last time I checked, a Kenyan needed a wheelbarrow to pack kshs to buy bread... Good to see you haven't recovered from the 80s

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
I trust Bloomerg and Reuters more smiley
hence why your economy keeps failing

You'll need more than that to lift your economy up so that your citizens will no longer rely on pit lattrines

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2022
It's almost illegal in Kenya to quote anything in dollars or foreign currency - everything is sold in Kshs - we dont have dollarized economy like you do - because no sane person can trust CEDIS. Kshs has been one of Africa most stable currency - bar six months of 1993.
Just40:
The cedi is still a more trusted currency than the kshs ... You don't even trust your own kshs to freely trade it let alone others... We can talk about currencies when the valueless kshs get to the level of the Cedi... For now it still remain in pampers....

Last time I checked, a Kenyan needed a wheelbarrow to pack kshs to buy bread... Good to see you haven't recovered from the 80s
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2022
I'd worry more about open defacation and cholera epidemics in the most dirty city in Africa - Accra. When it flood - imagine all those soakpits and cesspits flooding the whole city. Only Accra CBD has a sewage system.
Just40:
hence why your economy keeps failing

You'll need more than that to lift your economy up so that your citizens will no longer rely on pit lattrines

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
It's almost illegal in Kenya to quote anything in dollars or foreign currency - everything is sold in Kshs - we dont have dollarized economy like you do - because no sane person can trust CEDIS. Kshs has been one of Africa most stable currency - bar six months of 1993.
Thanks for letting me know you don't understand what a tradable currency is...

Neither is the Ghana economy a dollarized economy and everything here is sold in Cedis..

Kenya kshs in not in the leagues of tradable currencies on the continent because it is not a free floating market currency .... So no one trust it ...
Untill it become a free floating currency, it can't be used for trade

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 10:01pm On Oct 06, 2022
KSHs has been free floating for 30yrs. IMF were recently confounded by it's strength and called it managed something. Ghana you have cedis problem and everything is quoted in dollars - maybe the boiled eggs smiley that seem ubiquitous in all your food is comfortably sold in Cedis.
Just40:
Thanks for letting me know you don't understand what a tradable currency is...

Neither is the Ghana economy a dollarized economy and everything here is sold in Cedis..

Kenya kshs in not in the leagues of tradable currencies on the continent because it is not a free floating market currency .... So no one trust it ...
Untill it become a free floating currency, it can't be used for trade
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
I'd worry more about open defacation and cholera epidemics in the most dirty city in Africa - Accra. When it flood - imagine all those soakpits and cesspits flooding the whole city. Only Accra CBD has a sewage system.
Your country is busy dying from cholera because of how dirty you guys are.
Mine eliminated it years ago .....
How will your country eliminate cholera when it is littered with pit lattrines ? Your citizens are busy shitting in dugouts all around plus open defecation, you have almost 25% of your citizens openly defecating
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
KSHs has been free floating for 30yrs. IMF were recently confounded by it's strength and called it managed something. Ghana you have cedis problem and everything is quoted in dollars - maybe the boiled eggs smiley that seem ubiquitous in all your food is comfortably sold in Cedis.
let me laugh

Kshs has never been a free floating currency... It's always been managed ... It has no strength hence being managed...

Since your country is highly dependent on imports, I'll say even thing is quoted in dollars in Kenya.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2022
Tortured argument. If it's managed or pegged - then what purpose would quoting in dollars do - it make no sense. Kshs stability mean nobody is worried of it's value depreciating overnight like Cedis. You have a big problem. Goodnight for now.
Just40:
let me laugh

Kshs has never been a free floating currency... It's always been managed ... It has no strength hence being managed...

Since your country is highly dependent on imports, I'll say even thing is quoted in dollars in Kenya.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2022
rvp2018:
Meanwhile DEFAULT real possibility in GHANA smiley smiley - The unusual domestic restructuring will crash banks - causing huge crisis. Domestic debt is repaid by printing money if revenues cannot pay for it - that means devaluing CEDIS - not asking local bond holders to take a hair cut. Never happen before - gov should never default on domestic debt - when they can print the money.
https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/default-a-real-possibility-ghana-fitch-senior-director-says-2022-09-21/
"Default is a real possibility," Fitch Senior Director Mahin Dissanayake said during a press briefing.

"Ghanaian banks...hold large volumes of government securities, so debt distress is going to put a lot of stress on the banks," he said. "The operating environment is looking very fragile."

IMF colony.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2022
I am sure in Bretton wood DC - many IMF staffers have bought huge mansions from Ghana field mission every two or three years.
gallivant:

IMF colony.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2022
rvp2018:
As Ghana export is messing UK - original Ghanian in Accra is doing crazy stuff - restructuring domestic debt to meet IMF bailout conditions. Never happened before in any country I know of around.
---
Ghana is considering reorganizing part of its $19 billion of local debt in order to secure a loan from the International Monetary Fund. The changes may impose losses in capital and interest payments on investors, according to people familiar with the matter.Sep 23, 2022

Ghana is a trailblazer in this kind of stuff and bailouts. grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
I am sure in Bretton wood DC - many IMF staffers have bought huge mansions from Ghana field mission every two or three years.

I know I would. grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae2: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2022
Nigeria is Africa’s undisputed real-time payments and digital payments leader, recording 3.7 billion real-time transactions in 2021 and ranking sixth in the league table of the world’s most developed real-time payments markets, according to the third edition of ACI’s Prime Time for Real-Time report
The widespread uptake of new digital and real-time payment services helped to unlock US$3.2 billion of additional economic output in 2021, representing 0.67% of the country's GDP – forecast to rise to $6 billion in 2026 (1.01% of the country’s GDP)

https://investor.aciworldwide.com/news-releases/news-release-details/nigerias-economy-reaps-benefits-real-time-and-digital-banking

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Tortured argument. If it's managed or pegged - then what purpose would quoting in dollars do - it make no sense. Kshs stability mean nobody is worried of it's value depreciating overnight like Cedis. You have a big problem. Goodnight for now.
everyone has to look out for that govt peg to adjust their prices according not to lose value... They can't trust your system because they know they can wake up one morning and there's a whole new regime because of the opaque environment.

With a traded currency, it's an open market where everyone can predict the movement and knows where it is going at anytime no matter how volatile it may be.

This challenge is part of the reason why youre in your 24th IMF program

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) ... (2515) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.