Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,547 members, 7,926,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 05:57 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (2193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1187961 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) ... (2512) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 7:43pm On May 22, 2023
rvp20182:
Why fck would central bank be concerned with Dangote. You have no country
Explain why CBN shouldn't be concerned with dangote or his project?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 7:43pm On May 22, 2023
theenchanter:
well, it could be the biggest industrial project, I don't know until I confirm that...... But if it is, u can't compare Egypt's city project with an industrial project built by a single person.

U know what WB rep said at CBN's RT-200 bi-annual summit on the 9th of this month? He commended dangote ( dangote was there ), he said and I quote "dangote single handedly built what sovereign nations build". I.e, it is rare for a business man to single handedly build a refinery, refineries are built by states!!!
Exactly. It is the biggest private investment in Africa to be real. Egypt's project is being built by the Egyptian state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 7:44pm On May 22, 2023
rvp20182:
CBN made sure Forex was always available at the official rate, as they should.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 7:46pm On May 22, 2023
rvp20182:
You do realize Dangote only provided 3B..the rest are commercial loans n maybe some equity from Nigeria federal gov.Youll pay dearly for this refinery in very expensive refined fuel.Capital is important but at what cost? WHAT IS THE DISCOUNTED RATE OF THAT CAPITAL? CROOKED DANGOTES as always expect even 50 percent...you Nigerian will shed tears because DANGOTE doesn't intend to compete with efficient Indians,southnkoreans.,uae and Saudi refineries..expect tomorrow for old goat buhari to ban import of refine oil.
Then music starts
Dangote owes just 2.7 Billion dollars on this project at the moment from 9 Billion dollars some time ago.

The Dangote group has almost 90% shares in Dangote cement ( the biggest firm in Nigerian stock exchange) plus the Fertiliser urea plant gave them over 600 million dollars revenue in exports last year.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 7:50pm On May 22, 2023
GeneralDae:

Exactly. It is the biggest private investment in Africa to be real. Egypt's project is being built by the Egyptian state.
👍🏾
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:34pm On May 22, 2023
rvp20182:
Strength of currency is not in the literaly number. Anyone can redominate their currency like broke Ghana did.
Simplicita

If it's that easy what is Kenya waiting for ?
Redenominate your currency make we see your level

Talk is cheap

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:45pm On May 22, 2023
rvp20182:
Simple diagram to explain - Ghana cedis 10rys ago was 1 usd =2 cedis. Now it approaching 15. That tells you it has dropped 6-7 times. That is HELL ON EARTH.
Keep conjuring figures from your flat head.

As I said earlier, talk is cheap so keep talking trash just as you are known for.
In the year where 2 cedis was equal to 1 dollar the Kenyan shilling was also less than 70 shillings but see where it is now.

Both currencies have depreciated against the dollar but one thing for sure the Cedi has more value than the Kenya shilling

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QuietMynd: 9:47pm On May 22, 2023
Shaytun:

The biggest industrial project in Africa .

It costs 19 billion dollars .
The whole complex cost $25b
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:13pm On May 22, 2023
rvp20182:
You do realize Dangote only provided 3B..the rest are commercial loans n maybe some equity from Nigeria federal gov.Youll pay dearly for this refinery in very expensive refined fuel.Capital is important but at what cost? WHAT IS THE DISCOUNTED RATE OF THAT CAPITAL? CROOKED DANGOTES as always expect even 50 percent...you Nigerian will shed tears because DANGOTE doesn't intend to compete with efficient Indians,southnkoreans.,uae and Saudi refineries..expect tomorrow for old goat buhari to ban import of refine oil.
Then music starts

Nothing will happen my friend. Dangote refinery will bloom and blossom. It’s will save Nigeria and africa. It’s the biggest and the best thing to happen after slice bread. I can taste your pain and envy right from where I am. Your doom speech is just as funny as the human fossil you kept at the helms of affairs of your zoo. Face that and make it your focus

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:17pm On May 22, 2023
rvp20182:

Lol so dangote has paid up to 70% of his debt abd you are still here talking. I told you my friend,it’s the biggest thing to happen after slice. Don’t fight it cos you can fight greatness. Just accept and move on

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:18pm On May 22, 2023
rvp20182:
Unlike dysfunctional West Africa Kenya had self sufficient functional refinery until somewhere in 2013 when it stopped. First problem was it was inefficient then secondly it couldn't process sulfur free refined fuel.kenya got India Essar but they didn't invest the 600m dollars. So this excitement is crazy..Kenya a non oil producing country..always refined imported crude oil until 2010...when we started imported refined fuel as the trend towards large refineries took roots.Kenya petroleum refinery started in 1960s until 2013.Nigeria have handed their fuel future to Dangote to rip them apart

No one gives a fvck about refinery in Kenya. It’s a Nigerian thing and Nigeria just made a big global history. Save your dirty history for later,for now let us savor on this greatness
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:20pm On May 22, 2023
theenchanter:
well, it could be the biggest industrial project, I don't know until I confirm that...... But if it is, u can't compare Egypt's city project with an industrial project built by a single person.

U know what WB rep said at CBN's RT-200 bi-annual summit on the 9th of this month? He commended dangote ( dangote was there ), he said and I quote "dangote single handedly built what sovereign nations build". I.e, it is rare for a business man to single handedly build a refinery, refineries are built by states!!!

Rvp are you hearing that . This is pure greatness,you can never,ever fight it. I love seeing you bitter about Nigeria’s progress,it’s gives me this beautiful feeling 😂😂😂

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 1:29am On May 23, 2023
vankelvin:

Keep conjuring figures from your flat head.

As I said earlier, talk is cheap so keep talking trash just as you are known for.
In the year where 2 cedis was equal to 1 dollar the Kenyan shilling was also less than 70 shillings but see where it is now.

Both currencies have depreciated against the dollar but one thing for sure the Cedi has more value than the Kenya shilling
Grow some brain mad Ghanaian and realize kES in decade is yet depreciate by twice yet Ghana gone as high as 7 times depreciation
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 1:30am On May 23, 2023
samorobo:

Rvp are you hearing that . This is pure greatness,you can never,ever fight it. I love seeing you bitter about Nigeria’s progress,it’s gives me this beautiful feeling 😂😂😂
You'll cry in your pump station for years.I don't know what you're celebrating.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 1:33am On May 23, 2023
GeneralDae:

CBN made sure Forex was always available at the official rate, as they should.
You mean at discounted rate as rest of you bought at 750 naira to dollar. Never before has a country surrendered to private oligarchy. I don't blame. Your gov is pretty dysfunctional and as evil as Dangote is he is better than nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 4:50am On May 23, 2023
samorobo:

Nigg@ stfu,why the hell you had your pics all up in this place, you think you was cute or what 😂😂😂😂

Unlike you I don't consider men cute or ugly wink Mind you I never posted anything for anyone only wanted to show that South boy no one was interested in him or his pictures.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 5:09am On May 23, 2023
rvp20182:
You mean at discounted rate as rest of you bought at 750 naira to dollar. Never before has a country surrendered to private oligarchy. I don't blame. Your gov is pretty dysfunctional and as evil as Dangote is he is better than nothing
Many developed economies in the world today started with Government supporting their monopolies in-house.
The monopolies then get so big, they spread to the world and some eventually divide into several branches.

Even Safaricom is a bigger monopoly than Dangote, and if it has problem today or a major beneficial project it can't execute alone, the Kenyan Government (if they know watzup) should do everything within their power to save Safaricom.

These are the details of the financing:

Project Cost - $18.5B

50% equity provided by @DangoteGroup, 50% debt financing

Debt financing mostly provided by Nigerian Banks

Of ~$9B in debt, @DangoteGroup has repaid down to under $3B.

CBN provided FX Cover worth 125 Billion naira.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 7:22am On May 23, 2023
rvp20182:
You'll cry in your pump station for years.I don't know what you're celebrating.

I am celebrating victory and greatness. We will not cry for shiit. Keep dreaming 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 7:27am On May 23, 2023
Saddamochieng00:

Unlike you I don't consider men cute or ugly wink Mind you I never posted anything for anyone only wanted to show that South boy no one was interested in him or his pictures.

C’mon the stfu. You’ve trolled that southy boy on his look even though he looks a thousand times better than you. Your recent one was calling him skinny and hungry. And yes I have seen you call him ugly,shiit face and the likes. You were also the one trolling a certain naija boy some years back when his pics was released from a google screenshot. You called him ugly and trolled hos head when you basically have similar head as his or even worse. Heck you are even bald 😂😂 . And yes you posted that pics thinking you looked cute init 😂😂 little did you know my friend 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 7:29am On May 23, 2023
GeneralDae:

Many developed economies in the world today started with Government supporting their monopolies in-house.
The monopolies then get so big, they spread to the world and some eventually divide into several branches.

Even Safaricom is a bigger monopoly than Dangote, and if it has problem today or a major beneficial project it can't execute alone, the Kenyan Government (if they know watzup) should do everything within their power to save Safaricom.

Project Cost - $18.5B

Monopolies that are SOEs..Safaricom was gov owned company by 60 percent..and now gov owns 35 percent. THERE DIFFERENCE BTW SUPPORTING NNP AND DANGOTE. Dangote money belong to him.NNP belong to all of you. DANGOTE has shown with cement that Nigerian economy won't benefit from him...infact as we speak Nigerian cement consumption is what 20m.
Kenya is 10m metric tonnes..as kenya has more vibrant competitive cement industry.Before Dangote..Nigeria consumed 30-40m but Dangote locally manufactured cement is more expensive. Expect the same drill in refined fuel.Youll continue to sustain a few Nigeria billionaire as you become very poor.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 7:33am On May 23, 2023
samorobo:

I am celebrating victory and greatness. We will not cry for shiit. Keep dreaming 😂😂
of course you'll remain a fool from Zoogeria incapable of dissecting issues and will create few northern billonaires as you wallow deeper n deeper into poverty.Prepare to pay for expensive refined fuel from Dangote..or you think he will fly you in his private jet
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 7:38am On May 23, 2023
Some Zoogerians have brain. If Dangote cement is world most expensive whybdo you think Dangote petrol will be cheaper https://dailytrust.com/explainer-what-you-should-know-about-dangote-cement-price/
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 7:59am On May 23, 2023
rvp20182:
Monopolies that are SOEs..Safaricom was gov owned company by 60 percent..and now gov owns 35 percent. THERE DIFFERENCE BTW SUPPORTING NNP AND DANGOTE. Dangote money belong to him.NNP belong to all of you. DANGOTE has shown with cement that Nigerian economy won't benefit from him...infact as we speak Nigerian cement consumption is what 20m.
Kenya is 10m metric tonnes..as kenya has more vibrant competitive cement industry.Before Dangote..Nigeria consumed 30-40m but Dangote locally manufactured cement is more expensive. Expect the same drill in refined fuel.Youll continue to sustain a few Nigeria billionaire as you become very poor.
You keep making this mistake. Dangote is not the only big player. Lafrage is very big and recently opened a very large cement plant in Nigeria.

BUA cement just keeps growing.

Dangote cement was 2500 naira for a long time until not long ago and the price varies across Nigeria. Some cement prices are cheaper than that of Dangote. Nigerians have the option of using those.

In recent years, the Nigerian cement industry has grown from import dependency to an export-thriving epicentre within Africa. The country possesses the largest cement industry within West Africa, with at least 12 registered companies amounting to a merged cement capacity of 58.9 Mt/yr. Dangote Cement is the largest cement producer in Nigeria and West Africa, manufacturing a combined share of more than 28.5 Mt/yr of cement capacity. Also, LafargeHolcim (through its subsidiary AshakaCem & Lafarge WAPCO) and BUA Group boost 18.9 Mt/yr and 11.5 Mt/yr of integrated cement capacity, respectively.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 7:59am On May 23, 2023
Joshua, first son of the late Christian Atsu wins the Northumberland Football League's player of the year award.

You remember the Ghanaian footballer that died in Turkey? This is his son making waves in early stage of life .

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QueenNyakim: 8:25am On May 23, 2023
DeezNutz200:
What I'm amazed is that nowhere in Africa besides one out of the 54 nations is successful and thats pretty sad.

Nigeria - Lol, nothing works there. You can bribe anyone to do anything you want.

Ghana - Bankrupt and Galamsey is destroying everything. The nation will be importing water soon.

Kenya - Heading for bankruptcy.

South Africa - Economic recession

Oh, you are all China slave boys and girls too hence its given them confidence to do anything to you with no real repercussions.

Yet many of these supposedly "shitholes" and "unsuccessful" countries are much safer than places like the US and western European countries.

Ghana has what? A murder rate of 1.84 as of 2021 according to the UN crime and drugs report and US is nearing to 7.0 out of 100,000. Even if you took out all the African Americans from the US, the white homicide rate is still 2.3 out of 100,000 so murder rate would still be higher than Ghana. Accra is basically safer than most if not all American cities.

Then you have countries like Rwanda with much lower crime rates than the UK and France etc. Its also clearly a cultural problem rather than a race problem.

Even then many African countries doing well for themselves while western economies maybe besides Germany has been stagnant.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 8:44am On May 23, 2023
Everyone knows how Dangote turned from salt and cement trader to owning 80% of market share by crushing competition and unfair federal laws - to selling cement very expensively to Nigeria after near monopoly - his market share has recently reduced to 60% - as he is now focussed on creating monopoly in the refined fuel sector.

You'll cry real tears.

GeneralDae:

You keep making this mistake. Dangote is not the only big player. Lafrage is very big and recently opened a very large cement plant in Nigeria.

Dangote cement was 2500 naira for a long time until not long ago and the price varies across Nigeria. Some cement prices are cheaper than that of Dangote. Nigerians have the option of using those.

In recent years, the Nigerian cement industry has grown from import dependency to an export-thriving epicentre within Africa. The country possesses the largest cement industry within West Africa, with at least 12 registered companies amounting to a merged cement capacity of 58.9 Mt/yr. Dangote Cement is the largest cement producer in Nigeria and West Africa, manufacturing a combined share of more than 28.5 Mt/yr of cement capacity. Also, LafargeHolcim (through its subsidiary AshakaCem & Lafarge WAPCO) and BUA Group boost 18.9 Mt/yr and 11.5 Mt/yr of integrated cement capacity, respectively.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 8:49am On May 23, 2023
rvp20182:
Some Zoogerians have brain. If Dangote cement is world most expensive whybdo you think Dangote petrol will be cheaper https://dailytrust.com/explainer-what-you-should-know-about-dangote-cement-price/
I'm not sure u read ur own post, if yes, u would've seen this.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 8:54am On May 23, 2023
QueenNyakim:

Yet many of these supposedly "shitholes" and "unsuccessful" countries are much safer than places like the US and western European countries.

Ghana has what? A murder rate of 1.84 as of 2021 according to the UN crime and drugs report and US is nearing to 7.0 out of 100,000. Even if you took out all the African Americans from the US, the white homicide rate is still 2.3 out of 100,000 so murder rate would still be higher than Ghana. Accra is basically safer than most if not all American cities.

Then you have countries like Rwanda with much lower crime rates than the UK and France etc. Its also clearly a cultural problem rather than a race problem.

Even then many African countries doing well for themselves while western economies maybe besides Germany has been stagnant.
of everything a country can posses to be a progressive one, u only noted murder & crime rate to berate some very developed nations in order to feel good about urself.

Kwantinue.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:33am On May 23, 2023
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 9:53am On May 23, 2023
GeneralDae:

Project Cost - $18.5B

This dude is an ignorant fellow, he fails to understand the fact that, no country get developed in aspect of market dominance without government supports.
disregard these Crazy guys, practically the majority of their top companies have received government bailouts .
1. Kenya Airways has gotten a bailout of around KSH800 billion.
2. Kenya's government provided a bailout of 500 million shillings ($5.5 million).
Mumias Sugar, a cash-strapped company, sent the company's
3. As a result of them producing false data to make themselves appear healthy, several of their major supermarkets, banks, and telecoms companies that were supported by the government nonetheless went bankrupt. Kenya is, in fact, much more corrupt than Nigeria since corruption in Nigeria only exists at the government level, whereas corruption in Kenya exists at the counties, local, and private levels.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 10:08am On May 23, 2023
GeneralDae:

The guy know nothing about Nigeria, he didnt if even know that as of 2021, Dangote's market share was only 30 per cent and now, Nigeria’s domestic cement production landscape consists of three significant cement producers: Dangote Cement Plc, which holds 60% of the domestic market and is also the largest cement producer in sub-Saharan Africa . BUA Cement is second with a 20.4% of domestic market share, closely followed by Lafarge Nigeria (part of the Holcim Group) with 19.5% of the domestic market at

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QueenNyakim: 10:16am On May 23, 2023
theenchanter:
of everything a country can posses to be a progressive one, u only noted murder & crime rate to berate some very developed nations in order to feel good about urself.

Kwantinue.

The safety of the investors as well as capital is arguably the most important decision in deciding on foreign investment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) ... (2512) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.