Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,169 members, 7,960,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (2442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1211631 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) (2444) (2445) ... (2514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 2:26pm On Jan 30
vankelvin:
I asked a question and was expecting a sensible answer not this emotional reply from you

Ironically you the one that has been oozing out the emotions. Deal with your emotions or it will set you ablaze

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obiano13: 4:44pm On Jan 30
I did my bit when it mattered. Now all I do is share the sheeples' lamentations. I warned of exactly this 1.5 years ago!

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obiano13: 4:49pm On Jan 30
The once mighty shilling continues to tank, thanks to clueless leadership. Just this alone has raised previous foreign debt obligations by almost 30 %. Thats without even accounting for new debt. Just old debt becoming 30 % more expensive because local currency is tanking.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by mdntiri(m): 5:13pm On Jan 30
popizaino:
These ones are trying too hard to redeem the image of Accra that have been battered but kolework. Everyone with a sane mind now sees Accra for what it is underdeveloped village slum.
Our problem too is our leaders/city planners don't have eyes for beauty. That proper 'avantgarde' sort of beauty. I read somewhere that Nairobi is still following the master plan the British developed for the city. Ghana , Nkrumah abrogated the British master plan and used his own African master plan and successive governments threw that away and are building Accra with no master plan.

Accra is not a planned city in the true sense of the word. So there's money here but our leaders are not taking any drastic measures to modernise Accra, and our spaces are looking ugly. Not to be political, but someone like Mahama has eyes for beauty and it shows in his e-block school designs etc. Nana Addo in his 1st term brought the master planner of Singapore to replan Accra but nothing came of that
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obiano13: 6:12pm On Jan 30
In the news today...Kenya rapidly headed for the dogs.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obiano13: 6:35pm On Jan 30
Meanwhile

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 6:39pm On Jan 30
Here comes the crying baby

samorobo:

Ironically you the one that has been oozing out the emotions. Deal with your emotions or it will set you ablaze
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 6:50pm On Jan 30
mdntiri:

Our problem too is our leaders/city planners don't have eyes for beauty. That proper 'avantgarde' sort of beauty. I read somewhere that Nairobi is still following the master plan the British developed for the city. Ghana , Nkrumah abrogated the British master plan and used his own African master plan and successive governments threw that away and are building Accra with no master plan.

Accra is not a planned city in the true sense of the word. So there's money here but our leaders are not taking any drastic measures to modernise Accra, and our spaces are looking ugly. Not to be political, but someone like Mahama has eyes for beauty and it shows in his e-block school designs etc. Nana Addo in his 1st term brought the master planner of Singapore to replan Accra but nothing came of that
And to you lagos and other cites are planned 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 6:56pm On Jan 30
Appisko:

He is a Ghanaian and he is focused on Accra. He has no business with Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 8:36pm On Jan 30
Dangote open his own for Nigeria , sentuo also did for Ghana .

Ghana new oil refinery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyLrvXpDSqk?si=if70NQmQo2xxwgLp

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 9:48pm On Jan 30
mdntiri:

Nice.

It's always good to see one who stands out of the crowd to says things the way they are 👍. It is not all that doom in Ghana if true citizens like you exist. Indeed,it is true that we live in a world were intelligent people like you always have to keep quiet so that stupid ones like van.kelvin wouldn't be offended.

That's by the way. Ghana settlements can be very beautiful if the states get more involved in the implementation of proper urban renewal agenda. Look out how Ghanaian schools that are in the hands of the state like Knust,legon are very beautiful? It gives you a snipet of how the cities would be if the government were to go all out on city planning. Ghanaians universities are some of the most beautiful universities have been to. This is coming from someone who has visited OAU,UI,LAUTECH,FUTMINA,UNIZIK,ABU,UMUDIKE,UNILORIN,UNIOSUN,UJ,LASU,UNIBEN.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ProblemChild1: 12:26am On Jan 31
GeneralDae:

He is a Ghanaian and he is focused on Accra. He has no business with Lagos.
That one na mumu na. You don ever see say appisko get sense before.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by mdntiri(m): 4:42am On Jan 31
Appisko:

Abuja is planned
Even with Lagos I see lots of beauty. Your taller structures, straight roads, the long bridges that span the lagoons, your beachfront structures, buildings in straight lines, the overhead rail etc all bring some beauty to Lagos

Accra here even though we're a 'beach front city ' like Dakar, Abidjan, Lagos, our beachfront is not developed. The marine drive project which was to do that for us has never materialised. I've been saying we should convert our korle, odaw lagoons in the middle of Accra into waterways that people can ply into the interior of Accra for travel, pleasure etc, like pertains abroad, arch the bridges over them so watercraft can pass under etc, but no.

Accra-tema rail line should be dualized, even electrified. Overcrowded Lagos is even running a Bus Rapid Transit system. We couldn't implement it here even though we sent delegations to Nigeria, Tanzania etc to understudy their BRT. We should be thinking of building a new capital city, or even just a completely new WELL PLANNED CITY but no, our leaders are concerned with other things. Etc etc

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Baller254: 7:58am On Jan 31
kenya
towns

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Baller254: 7:59am On Jan 31

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Baller254: 8:03am On Jan 31

1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 8:12am On Jan 31
mdntiri:

Abuja is planned
Even with Lagos I see lots of beauty. Your taller structures, straight roads, the long bridges that span the lagoons, your beachfront structures, buildings in straight lines, the overhead rail etc all bring some beauty to Lagos

Accra here even though we're a 'beach front city ' like Dakar, Abidjan, Lagos, our beachfront is not developed. The marine drive project which was to do that for us has never materialised. I've been saying we should convert our korle, odaw lagoons in the middle of Accra into waterways that people can ply into the interior of Accra for travel, pleasure etc, like pertains abroad, arch the bridges over them so watercraft can pass under etc, but no.

Accra-tema rail line should be dualized, even electrified. Overcrowded Lagos is even running a Bus Rapid Transit system. We couldn't implement it here even though we sent delegations to Nigeria, Tanzania etc to understudy their BRT. We should be thinking of building a new capital city, or even just a completely new WELL PLANNED CITY but no, our leaders are concerned with other things. Etc etc
And who told you the BRT system in Ghana is not a successful one? You guys are quick to criticized every venture in your own country and glorify your neighbor as if everything is eldorado there. Juxtaposing lagos and Accra , Accra will passed as a small london , and I mean it and not because of patriotism

Just take a look at Nigeria with his over 200 million people, she still suffers from lack of electricity, most of his towns and cities do not have electricity for weeks or months on end.

I have been to ayangba in kogi state ( almost ending to benue state , the road and the bridges are eye sore ( this is a town that host a university) imagine, Most of her villages do not have any electricity at all ( something that is almost impossible in Ghana) no matter how remote the village might be in Ghana , there is presence of light, even in the far away North like bawku.

in many of their homes , there is no pipeborne water supply unless you pump your own reservoir of water( it is either well water or borehole) Do you know how many Ghanaian rely on govt water supply daily?.

In ayangba ( kogi state ) for instance, it is either you buy water in Jerry cans from privately owned water pumps or this "meruwa "guys ( kayayo in Ghana) visit the inner cities , too many roads are unsurfaced and potholed can easily be accessed.

If you are looking at a planned city in Ghana , why can't you talk about Akosombo , some part of TEMA and winneba( this City were planned even before Abuja) GHANA does not actually need a new capital, what we need is a decentralized system .

Every major city should have a presence of govt just like south africa with about three to four capital cities .Some part of Accra are even planned ( cantonment , ridge, dzworlu, Airport residence are all planned ) and some part of lagos are even far worse than medina or ashaiman, if that is what you are missing .you don't recognized gold until it is replaced with stone .

And if you don't believe in Accra progress (look back at Accra 10 years ago and compare it to what it is now . And again , we can make a just comparison between Accra and the city you mentioned up there if you still doubt Accra progress.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 8:32am On Jan 31
ChaosMagus:

Let me help you. ....one of the largest bauxite reserve in Africa, one of the largest mangenese reserve in Africa, very large diamond deposite, huge iron ore deposite, vast arable land both thick rain forest and savana, boundless ocean, salt, largest man-made lake etc you name it. And guess what we will soon become the largest lithium producer in west africa, if not Africa and we are repeating the same mistakes we did with the other previous resources. The same old plan-find an investor to mine and export it in its raw form, he gives you peanuts he takes lion share, repatriate the profit back home, rinse and repeat. No clear strategy to own and dominate the lithium industry even in Ghana.

The truth is Ghana has failed big time. I'm a Ghanaian, and its so painful saying this.
I am not the type to tickle myself and laugh.

Ghana had a very good start in its early years, at one time we had a higher literacy rate, more phd holders and scientists etc than most African countries. We have failed woefully. The earlier we as Ghanaians know this and do something about it the better for us all.

I know my fellow Ghanaians will come for my head, but I'm ok with that. If you go to tarkwa, obuasi, bibiani etc and all the mining towns and you don't feel sorry for Ghana then its either you are not a Ghanaian or you are being delusional. I refuse to be my oppressor's praisesinger.

Everyone is now a Ghanaian on this page siafou🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 8:35am On Jan 31
vaxx:
And who told you the BRT system in Ghana is not a successful one? You guys are quick to criticized every venture in your own country and glorify your neighbor as if everything is eldorado there. Juxtaposing lagos and Accra , Accra will passed as a small london , and I mean it and not because of patriotism

Just take a look at Nigeria with his over 200 million people, she still suffers from lack of electricity, most of his towns and cities do not have electricity for weeks or months on end.

I have been to ayangba in kogi state ( almost ending to benue state , the road and the bridges are eye sore ( this is a town that host a university) imagine, Most of her villages do not have any electricity at all ( something that is almost impossible in Ghana) no matter how remote the village might be in Ghana , there is presence of light, even in the far away North like bawku.

in many of their homes , there is no pipeborne water supply unless you pump your own reservoir of water( it is either well beater or borehole) Do you know how many Ghanaian rely on govt water supply daily?.

In ayangba ( kogi state ) for instance, it is either you buy water in Jerry cans from privately owned water pumps or this "meruwa "guys ( kayayo in Ghana) visit the inner cities , too many roads are unsurfaced and potholed can easily be accessed.

If you are looking at a planned city in Ghana , why can't you talk about Akosombo , some part of TEMA and winneba( this City were planned even before Abuja) GHANA does not actually need a new capital, what we need is a decentralized system .

Every major city should have a presence of govt just like south africa with about three to four capital cities .Some part of Accra are even planned ( cantonment , ridge, dzworlu airport residence are all planned ) and some part of lagos are even far worse than medina or ashaiman, if that is what you are missing .you don't recognized gold until it is replaced with stone .

And if you don't believe in Accra progress (look back at Accra 10 years ago and compare it to what it is now . And again , we can make a just comparison between Accra and the city you mentioned up there if you still doubt Accra progress.

Dont dont waste ur time on that low life he is an imposter mumugayrian for that matter 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 8:39am On Jan 31
Appisko:

Dont dont waste ur time on that low life he is an imposter mumugayrian for that matter 🤣🤣🤣🤣
You can imagine using rail line system in lagos as a yardstick, forgetting that the former with about Ghana total population need even about four of it . Lagos is about 22 to 23 million . Nearing Ghana total population.

If Accra is buidlng 5 bridges, lagos should be building 25 . The population in both city aren't the same though they almost have the same size by land . One is in more bigger mess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Baller254: 8:47am On Jan 31
kenya

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Baller254: 8:50am On Jan 31
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Baller254: 9:35am On Jan 31
ke

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 9:56am On Jan 31
Appisko:

Everyone is now a Ghanaian on this page siafou🤣🤣🤣🤣

So anyone who criticises Ghana is a nigerian or an enemy. I am a full blooded Ghanaian from the North East if you care to know. I have nothing to prove to you. I was just stating facts my guy. You are not any more Ghanaian than I am. Its people like you who praise and glorify your leaders for their incompetence and gross ineptitude.

Bawumia is from my home region but I won't glorify him simply because of that. When you go to obuasi dont you feel like weeping for your country? How many dollar millionaires has Obuasi (not even Ghana ) produced from gold alone, what about bauxite? That unaccounted 3 billion dollar gold money that secretely ends up in dubai and other places yearly, do you know what it can do for obuasi alone?

You sit there and be defending your leaders online, we will all face the heat when the time comes.

Just so you know, I am a Mamprusi, but I bet you cant speak and write twi better than I can, so dont even try insulting me in twi. Ok

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 10:21am On Jan 31
This is the most beautiful part of Nigeria ( infact no place In Nigeria is as beautiful as this neighborhood). You can bring it on if you disagree .. .

📍Banana Island: Lagos, Nigeria🇳🇬

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 10:34am On Jan 31
vaxx:
Dangote open his own for Nigeria , sentuo also did for Ghana .

Ghana new oil refinery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyLrvXpDSqk?si=if70NQmQo2xxwgLp

A major reason why we should be ashamed of ourselves as Ghanaians. We run down our own and cherish and protect the foreigner. You and I know what would have happened if it was Ibrahim Maham or any other capable Ghanaian who was building this. What happened to TOR expansion eehh ?

There's a documentary by Joy Prime, if you watch it you will know why this country is where it is. In that documentary a group of Ghanaians created a cylinder manufacturing company, to compete with the one being imported by a political figure from China. The authorities used their power to collapse the Ghanaian company and brought in a chinese company to produce and sell the cylinder at a price far higher than the one by the Ghanaian company, with even lesser regulations and restrictions compared to the Ghanaian company. This country eeh, we dont even know how to protect and support our own and you want to develop. Funny people!!!

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 10:57am On Jan 31
ChaosMagus:

A major reason why we should be ashamed of ourselves as Ghanaians. We run down our own and cherish and protect the foreigner. You and I know what would have happened if it was Ibrahim Maham or any other capable Ghanaian who was building this. What happened to TOR expansion eehh ?

There's a documentary by Joy Prime, if you watch it you will know why this country is where it is. In that documentary a group of Ghanaians created a cylinder manufacturing company, to compete with the one being imported by a political figure from China. The authorities used their power to collapse the Ghanaian company and brought in a chinese company to produce and sell the cylinder at a price far higher than the one by the Ghanaian company, with even lesser regulations and restrictions compared to the Ghanaian company. This country eeh, we dont even know how to protect and support our own and you want to develop. Funny people!!!
When Akuffo Addo came at 1st term from the beginning,TOR was revamped at the cost of 1 billion dollar to run at its double capacity but someone set some portion of the newly built refineries ablaze with reason of negligence. Now the president has even addressed the nation that TOR will be revamped soon.

Ghana is not the only country with issues with her national oil refinery. Some country has more than four , yet all of them are not working . Private company has to come on board . There must be reason state enterprises are not easy to managed . We need to study that
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 11:39am On Jan 31
vaxx:
if you are not depressed on making money within your ability . Can you work with starlife assurance? ( You may be involved in it while you search for better offer) I promised you will get enlisted tommorow unless you don't like the kind of job they offered onboard. .

Just check your locality and see if starlife assurance is present or better still look for the nearest neighborhood. You don't need to contact anybody. You can do it yourself.

This escaped me... thank so much bro. I just enrolled in a tech training program organised by a German tech company in Ghana. They train software engineers and they employ you if you meet their standard. I hope to make it through. Thanks once again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 12:05pm On Jan 31
ChaosMagus:

I just they pity this filthy thing... if you like come out again and dole out any lies about Ghana just to appear good before your neighbours and see if I don't open your anus for this platform top ...preko ba like you. Nothing is working due to your stupid leaders and you dont want us to say it. Menkor nkor ti a mumugayrian. Is that the only word you know. Aboa bi ba. You try me. Nonsense
Ofui aboa ti se wo gyimi gyimi kwasiampaini kusie ba tani aboa aponkeye m333
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 12:10pm On Jan 31
ChaosMagus:

I just they pity this filthy thing... if you like come out again and dole out lies about Ghana just to appear good before your neighbours and see if I don't open your anus for this platform top ...preko ba like you.

Nothing is working due to your stupid leaders and you dont want us to say it. Menkor nkor ti aaa "mumugayrian". Is that the only word you know? You can't even construct a simple
sentence to defend Ghana on this platform.
Useless entity which part of noth east ghana are u from stupid liar
Kraman ba🤣🤣🤣

Look at how you exposed your country to ridicule with your horrible English grammar? Aboa bi ba. You try me and see. Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) ... (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) (2444) (2445) ... (2514) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.