Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! (872 Views)

DSA Of Covenant University Scraps 1000 Students Bushy Hair. Nigerians Reacts / OAU DSA Suspends All Religious Activities In Halls Of Residence (PICS) / Alleged Extremist Group In OAU Has Support Of Buhari’s Cabinet Member – DSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Newnas(m): 5:34am On Sep 04, 2016
THE DSA AND HER EMOTIONS; MY SINCERE ADVICE!!!

Anyone who understands the semantics of language will surely agree that the recent publication from the Division of Students Affairs is a clear call to war considering her bags of falsehood leveled against the entire Muslim students and their personalities; I will clearly state that I as a Muslim student on OAU campus and owes no apology if her personality is attacked because she has without fear of future consequences attacked my religion. However, I will not do such because OAU is for learning and culture. More so, I have not intended to rubbish her religion but to let her know that perhaps she has forgotten the aftermath of such impatient action. I will also like to let her know the fragility of religious matter as regarding her office in the University for she needs be wary of provoking a religious crisis. Prior to her attack,Christians and Muslims have been cohabitating in the University community without a fear of violence or war. But just to my dismay, she said she harbors Boko Haram in the same University she is supposed to be at the realms of students' affairs; I doubt she could sleep without a nightmare if the entire Muslim students were to take up her false allegation against them and their religion; Alas! She has made it pronounced that Islam is Peace; Thank you ma! Known well to us that she is a Christian, and to make it worse, a member of the Christian group which regards all other Christians as sinners and disbelievers in time past save for recent times when they started eloping from such claims to get people closer to them. Likewise majority of other Christian groups regard them as extremist; what more do you then expect of her to a Muslim??At this point I will like to call the attention of the University Senate as a whole that admistrative offices such as this sensitive one (DSA) should not be given to religious bigot. This is to prevent them from putting forward their religious intolerance and hatred. The DSA has shown her personal hatred and intolerance for the Muslim students on this campus; this I think is far from justice.

SOME OF HER CLAIMS TO JUSTIFY THE CLOSURE OF THE MOSQUES IN THE TWO HALLS OF RESIDENCE;

1) That the mosques in these halls were formally cafeteria; If not a call to war, for what reason will that serve as a point?The new Buka and the various places both in the halls and academics have facility for that purpose.Moreso, the school no longer feed the students! I will quickly remind her at this point that the classrooms,butteries,sport centers were not also for church activities even when they pay.

2)That the mosque is a Brothel; a brothel means an house of prostitution; this same mosques that non Muslims do come to attend tutorials, charge their phones and gadgets when power supply to the halls are found wanting. One or more of these people must have been a 'victim' for visiting a brothel.We need them to talk now….Why not fear thy Lord your God?

3) That the Muslim students on OAU campus are threat to Lecturers, Students, workers in the hall of residence; this means the security unit assigned to those areas are not capable of discharging their duties, if they are, she should then request and show to us the number of Muslim students that have been apprehended for vices. If she can't, then I still cannot understand why she has resorted to acting this way. How can a people whose domain you trespassed, banged the door at them, went in without permission, seized their ID cards and their brothers peacefully let you out be labelled 'threat'?? Your audacity blithe girlish brazenness left me set aback; I wonder if the scripture also preaches lying!

I am glad to inform her that 99% of the Muslim students, save the remaining 1% for the imposed figures by some members of the Muslim community, are ready to receive her, the security, the reckless imposed faces and the entire students of the University to these 'brothels' any time she feels convenient as I gathered from the impression at a meeting of the entire Muslim students of this campus held in Awolowo mosques on the night she released her bags of falsehood. Without doubt, it is clear that her publication is a show case of her hatred for Islam being fueled by the reckless faces of imposters paving way for their political agenda and not for the sake of this religion of ours. To assure peace and tranquility in the University environment, I will suggest to the authority that persons of religious disparities in admistrative offices need to be checked!

On a final note, for those who knew how Boko Haram started, they will do more good than harm if they can point out where they are and who they are, If not for prosecution sake, to save the daughters of multitude from Sambisa forest.

"The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy (Proverb 12:22)". Madam DSA, THOU SHALL NOT LIE!!!

A CONCERNED MUSLIM STUDENT

3 Likes

Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by madridguy(m): 5:36am On Sep 04, 2016
Welcome development by the school management.
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by babyfaceafrica: 5:52am On Sep 04, 2016
And you think this rant on NL will help?...take your grieveiences to the necessary authorities!!!!!..continue
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Tolexander: 5:58am On Sep 04, 2016
This hasn't dealt with the claim of alleged division in MSSN and running different ideology by a sect unregistered, which was stated as the reason for checking in to the mosques.
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Newnas(m): 6:30am On Sep 04, 2016
Tolexander:
This hasn't dealt with the claim of alleged division in MSSN and running different ideology by a sect unregistered, which was stated as the reason for checking in to the mosques.

1) The article dealt with it somehow but not in details.

2) The claim is baseless because it's not just a few dozens who confronted them when they attempted to lock the mosque. The Muslim staffs in association with an external association is trying to impose leaders on the Muslim students in OAU. The DSA is in support of the imposed excos.

The parallel excos were registered by the dsa with the assistance of the Muslim staff. note: This is after the dsa refused to register a student recognized and elected excos for several sessions. They gave a condition which was not in the school constitution.

The students refused and showed their refusal it on the day they tried to inaugurate these parallel excos.

The next step the DSA is taking is to label some few people as imposing themselves on the students and using the mosques for brothels, they are using this as an excuse to close the mosques. So when they reopen it, they will hand the authority over to the parallel excos.

I have two posts explaining the failure of the kangaroo inauguration. please see my profile for the link.

1 Like

Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Newnas(m): 6:33am On Sep 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
And you think this rant on NL will help?...take your grieveiences to the necessary authorities!!!!!..continue

This is called public enlightenment! The matter is being dealt with justly. It's important to make it known to the public for future references.

1 Like

Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by bolaji73(m): 7:58am On Sep 04, 2016
Newnas:

1) The article dealt with it somehow but not in details.

2) The claim is baseless because it's not just a few dozens who confronted them when they attempted to lock the mosque. The Muslim staffs in association with an external association is trying to impose leaders on the Muslim students in OAU. The DSA is in support of the imposed excos.

The parallel excos were registered by the dsa with the assistance of the Muslim staff. note: This is after the dsa refused to register a student recognized and elected excos for several sessions. They gave a condition which was not in the school constitution.

The students refused and showed their refusal it on the day they tried to inaugurate these parallel excos.

The next step the DSA is taking is to label some few people as imposing themselves on the students and using the mosques for brothels, they are using this as an excuse to close the mosques. So when they reopen it, they will hand the authority over to the parallel excos.

I have two posts explaining the failure of the kangaroo inauguration. please see my profile for the link.
Salam alaykum brother, I love all the analysis given on this issue. They are prompt and concise. But on the issue of the registration is where I want you to explain more. You said the dsa refuse to register the body. But you gave a reason contrary to what we heard from the chief Imam two weeks ago which also corroborate the findings I've made. Now my questions are?
1.Which name do you want to register the association with that the dsa refuse?
2.Why is MSSN hierarchy body against MSSNOAU body formation?
3.You guys said you can't abide by the Constitution of MSSN which in every sense you have a right to. But it becomes an issue when you claim you are part of that body (by using the name "MSSN"wink and be working outside the association constitution. Such action is illegal and you can sue for it cos that is tantamount to perpetrating fraud. The question is why do refuse to abide by the Constitution?
4.If you claimed the Constitution of MSSN is not in line with kitab and sunnah :
a. What attempt have you guys made to change it with respect of working with MSSN hierarchical body? . Cos the last time I checked the Constitution,there are provisions which subjected it to change.
b. And if you think it's impossible to change the Constitution, which I doubt anyway? Why is it difficult for you to rename your own group and create it own Constitution. Cos I've never heard in the history of MSSN hierarchical body having a constitutional issue with students Muslim body like Timsan (Tijaniya Muslim students association), Nasfat, Tmc. Since they aren't working under the same umbrella body in regard to name
I would be glad be glad if you can do justice to the questions above. Salam alaykum.
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Newnas(m): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2016
bolaji73:
Salam alaykum brother, I love all the analysis given on this issue. They are prompt and concise. But on the issue of the registration is where I want you to explain more. You said the dsa refuse to register the body. But you gave a reason contrary to what we heard from the chief Imam two weeks ago which also corroborate the findings I've made. Now my questions are?
3.You guys said you can't abide by the Constitution of MSSN which in every sense you have a right to. But it becomes an issue when you claim you are part of that body (by using the name "MSSN"wink and be working outside the association constitution. Such action is illegal and you can sue for it cos that is tantamount to perpetrating fraud. The question is why do refuse to abide by the Constitution?
4.If you claimed the Constitution of MSSN is not in line with kitab and sunnah :
a. What attempt have you guys made to change it with respect of working with MSSN hierarchical body? . Cos the last time I checked the Constitution,there are provisions which subjected it to change.
b. And if you think it's impossible to change the Constitution, which I doubt anyway? Why is it difficult for you to rename your own group and create it own Constitution. Cos I've never heard in the history of MSSN hierarchical body having a constitutional issue with students Muslim body like Timsan (Tijaniya Muslim students association), Nasfat, Tmc. Since they aren't working under the same umbrella body in regard to name
I would be glad be glad if you can do justice to the questions above. Salam alaykum.

wa alykumussalam wa rahmatuLLaah wa barakaatuh.

The answers to your questions are very simple, I'll reply them when I'm less busy.
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by bolaji73(m): 9:19am On Sep 04, 2016
Newnas:

The answers to your questions are very simple, I'll reply them when I'm less busy.
Janzakumlahu kayran. Will be expecting them.
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Bnladan(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
Newnas:

Assalamu alaikum, pls I will appreciate it if ur response will also be shared with me. Jazakallahu khairan
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
Is she a deeper life member?
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by dwilliams: 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
Newnas:
THE DSA AND HER EMOTIONS; MY SINCERE ADVICE!!!

Anyone who understands the semantics of language will surely agree that the recent publication from the Division of Students Affairs is a clear call to war considering her bags of falsehood leveled against the entire Muslim students and their personalities; I will clearly state that I as a Muslim student on OAU campus and owes no apology if her personality is attacked because she has without fear of future consequences attacked my religion. However, I will not do such because OAU is for learning and culture. More so, I have not intended to rubbish her religion but to let her know that perhaps she has forgotten the aftermath of such impatient action. I will also like to let her know the fragility of religious matter as regarding her office in the University for she needs be wary of provoking a religious crisis. Prior to her attack,Christians and Muslims have been cohabitating in the University community without a fear of violence or war. But just to my dismay, she said she harbors Boko Haram in the same University she is supposed to be at the realms of students' affairs; I doubt she could sleep without a nightmare if the entire Muslim students were to take up her false allegation against them and their religion; Alas! She has made it pronounced that Islam is Peace; Thank you ma! Known well to us that she is a Christian, and to make it worse, a member of the Christian group which regards all other Christians as sinners and disbelievers in time past save for recent times when they started eloping from such claims to get people closer to them. Likewise majority of other Christian groups regard them as extremist; what more do you then expect of her to a Muslim??At this point I will like to call the attention of the University Senate as a whole that admistrative offices such as this sensitive one (DSA) should not be given to religious bigot. This is to prevent them from putting forward their religious intolerance and hatred. The DSA has shown her personal hatred and intolerance for the Muslim students on this campus; this I think is far from justice.

SOME OF HER CLAIMS TO JUSTIFY THE CLOSURE OF THE MOSQUES IN THE TWO HALLS OF RESIDENCE;

1) That the mosques in these halls were formally cafeteria; If not a call to war, for what reason will that serve as a point?The new Buka and the various places both in the halls and academics have facility for that purpose.Moreso, the school no longer feed the students! I will quickly remind her at this point that the classrooms,butteries,sport centers were not also for church activities even when they pay.

2)That the mosque is a Brothel; a brothel means an house of prostitution; this same mosques that non Muslims do come to attend tutorials, charge their phones and gadgets when power supply to the halls are found wanting. One or more of these people must have been a 'victim' for visiting a brothel.We need them to talk now….Why not fear thy Lord your God?

3) That the Muslim students on OAU campus are threat to Lecturers, Students, workers in the hall of residence; this means the security unit assigned to those areas are not capable of discharging their duties, if they are, she should then request and show to us the number of Muslim students that have been apprehended for vices. If she can't, then I still cannot understand why she has resorted to acting this way. How can a people whose domain you trespassed, banged the door at them, went in without permission, seized their ID cards and their brothers peacefully let you out be labelled 'threat'?? Your audacity blithe girlish brazenness left me set aback; I wonder if the scripture also preaches lying!

I am glad to inform her that 99% of the Muslim students, save the remaining 1% for the imposed figures by some members of the Muslim community, are ready to receive her, the security, the reckless imposed faces and the entire students of the University to these 'brothels' any time she feels convenient as I gathered from the impression at a meeting of the entire Muslim students of this campus held in Awolowo mosques on the night she released her bags of falsehood. Without doubt, it is clear that her publication is a show case of her hatred for Islam being fueled by the reckless faces of imposters paving way for their political agenda and not for the sake of this religion of ours. To assure peace and tranquility in the University environment, I will suggest to the authority that persons of religious disparities in admistrative offices need to be checked!

On a final note, for those who knew how Boko Haram started, they will do more good than harm if they can point out where they are and who they are, If not for prosecution sake, to save the daughters of multitude from Sambisa forest.

"The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy (Proverb 12:22)". Madam DSA, THOU SHALL NOT LIE!!!

A CONCERNED MUSLIM STUDENT
hmmm, don't you think youbare going too far,I have read all your threads about this issue,you av tabled ur grievances but at dis rate you are going,you would be closing doors from sympathetic ppl especially undogmatic Christians, as a student leader I av always known that mgt will always av their way after students av had their say,always tow d path of diplomacy.

peace
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by walemoney007(m): 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nigeria don finish...see as student they carry religion matter for head....shey nah this nonsense your parent send you go do for OAU
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Newnas(m): 9:18am On Sep 05, 2016
bolaji73:

Firstly, MSSN stands for Muslim students society of Nigeria, therefore you need to fulfil just three conditions to be a member, be a Muslim, a student and a Nigerian. As for MSSNOAU, it means you also need to be a student of OAU to be a member.

Unfortunately, some non students have taken over the body by becoming the zonal and regional excos of MSSN national body. many of these people have graduated from school donkey years ago. But instead of moving on with their lives they have decided to remain stagnant and call themselves MSSN.

To make this clearer, imagine a lecturer calling himself a member of SUG with the argument that knowledge is a lifelong process.

Now to your questions

MSSNOAU

Two basic matters:

Because MSSNOAU will not compromise the Quran and sunnah for the commandments of their Amer.
They want MSSNOAU to mobilize their students to the IVC program, but we said its not in line with the Quran and sunnah to travel with females without their mahram (father, brother, son etc) so MSSNOAU will not mobilize the females, however any female that wishes to go can do so at her own discretion.
They insisted and labelled them as extremists because of this.

Then the more important issue is that they want to dictate how our programs will go, which lecturer we call for our programs, which people to make executives etc. This isn't possible, how am some external influences who are not even students or even alumni of our school ask us not to call Mr so and so because he says a thing or two things of the they are doing wrongly.

Note: many of these blacklisted peoplte are alumni of OAU.
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Newnas(m): 9:47am On Sep 05, 2016
3.You guys said you can't abide by the Constitution of MSSN which in every sense you have a right to. But it becomes an issue when you claim you are part of that body (by using the name "MSSN" and be working outside the association constitution. Such action is illegal and you can sue for it cos that is tantamount to perpetrating fraud. The question is why do refuse to abide by the Constitution?

MSSNOAU never said the can't abide by the constitution, they only said they will follow the constitution so far it doesn't contract the Quran and sunnah, so whatever contradicts the Quran and sunnah in the constitution we won't follow it. That isn't too much for a Muslim to request and accept from hi brother.

MSSN said MSSNOAU must follow the constitution according to the interpretation of the Ameer else no reconciliation!

Of course no Muslim who truly believes in Allah and the last day will accept this condition. I would see myself as a disbeliever if I were to utter such statement!!

note: the constitution says that whatever is written therein is subject to the Quran and sunnah therefore what MSSNOAU is requesting is only the proper application of the constitution!

We are not saying so, the MSSN constitution is not bad if it is well applied. But you will agree with me that it can't be perfect except they want to say that it a third revelation after the Quran and sunnah!

Once you know this, it becomes obligatory upon you to subject whatever laws are embedded in it to the Quran and sunnah.

And that is exactly what MSSNOAU is requesting.

All those reconciliation meetings held are typical examples of MSSNOAU's will to work with them. You should know that these meetings usually held during breaks and for long hours of the day, while others are at home enjoying themselves, MSSNOAU representatives are busy with the reconciliation meetings.

Don't think the excos get any money from these meetings rather the MSSN excos continue raining insults upon insults on MSSNOAU excos, but the later keep quiet because as Yoruba children it's very bad to reply elders.

This is not a matter of some group of students, it's the matter of the general Muslims on OAU campus, they don't want the kangaroo excos that the external body wants to impose on them

To clarify the matter: imagine Nans or whatever national body the students of Nigeria have a forming ally with the school authority and trying to impose a leader on OAU students against the will of the students of the campus.

The general Muslim students are not pleased with these parallel excos. In fact, the national body have never had their way into the school until the found some students who are willing to sacrifice the unity of the Muslim students for a post which they have been promised! These parallel excos are less than a percent of the total Muslim students who are against the imposition.
Re: Oau: The Dsa And Her Emotions; My Sincere Advice!!! by Newnas(m): 11:53am On Sep 05, 2016
dwilliams:

hmmm, don't you think youbare going too far,I have read all your threads about this issue,you av tabled ur grievances but at dis rate you are going,you would be closing doors from sympathetic ppl especially undogmatic Christians, as a student leader I av always known that mgt will always av their way after students av had their say,always tow d path of diplomacy.

peace

Actually, one doesn't have to be a student leader to know that the school will always have their way.

Personally, I don't think it the religious difference that induced the action of the dsa, though it could have catalysed it.

The major problem of Muslim students on that campus is the chief imam. But you know he is a professor, and in n academic environment, I don't know what you can say to override the opinion of a prof even if his colleagues know that he is right, it would just be 'unethical' to put the opinion of even a thousand students over a single prof.

Secondly, he's an elderly man and in Yoruba land, you never win a 'fight' against an elder. Either ways, you will end up apologizing.

Because of the above and some other reasons, the students have been managing him, only for him to get bolder and bolder by the day, raining insults and threats upon students on Friday sermons.

This is not a new matter, in fact the present students inherited the struggle from people who inherited the struggle from.... till decades ago, the students have always tried to manage it and hide the conflict.

When some Alumni come to greet us, they ask, how is chief imam, has he calmed because he's getting old now, we say no he's still as he was.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of The Ongoing Project Of FUTO Reunion/love Garden. / Tell Flora Shaw! A Passionate Poem By Anita Abada / Best Career(s) To Select As An Undergraduate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.