Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,570 members, 7,941,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! (5653 Views)

Jonathan’s Regime Had The Worst Economic Management Team, Says Soludo / Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / How Fashola Looted N402bn Lagos Funds - Elombah.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by nduchucks: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2009
biggjoe:

Ok, I get it, you sabi read na only understand you no fit understand.

How is it difficult for you to understand that what I am saying is that it is not easy to bring those people you listed to books because we are in a civilized society.

you say you understand, but your inference still wrong. it is not difficult to bring those people to book in nigeria, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! if na lie I dey talk, name one ex governor, ex president, or ibori level criminal, wey una don bring to book. hope say you see de point wey i dey make.

@naijaking1; you don take ya humour dodge me again cheesy you go answer my questions properly one day. I still dey watch you.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by back2back(f): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2009
@CoolG
Individual tax for married status is usually between 10% - 15%. For the year in question which was 2007, the adjusted tax rate was 12% in my tax return.

Crap Lies. London is the key financial centre of EU.

And for the amount you mentioned, there is no where in EU you will pay cheap tax like 12%.

Sorry, i am unable to give you the name of the bank. I signed an NDA. Since i have already stated the consulting fee i can no longer state the name or i will be in breach of my NDA.

Crap lies again.
Means you did not work anymore after that?  Since the employer will ask for your work place and how much you earn. Think before you write here Bobo CoolG, even we wey dey naija, we know whats up!
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by yeswecan(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2009
Lets wait to see the outcome
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by adigun101: 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2009
With all the controversy about this man. With his even daring the press to go and ask Sanusi, why haven't they indicted and tried this man.
Even sanusi and EFCC   have not even pointed a finger or made a comment to this regard. What are they waiting for ? He had weathered the AFC storm  already and given a clean bill of health from EFCC and the presidency. Are they scared of getting their fingers burnt ? Or opening a can of worms. El-rufai has been charged so has ribadu and Fani kayode.
Instead the president discharged him with praises and all we've got are allegations from the likes Elombah.com and co.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2009
The problem in Nigeria is that they will rather convict a man on the pages of newspaper than produce a legitimate case in the court of law and jail them if they are found guilty.

If Soludo is guilty let him be convicted to jail for all I care. But let that be in a court of competent jurisdiction and not in the court of public opinion.

But the laziest comment I have heard is that Soludo can only be worth the sum of all his salaries since he became CBN Governor. This is the kind of thinking that breeds poverty.
Hellllllllllllloooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! A man must not be corrupt to make money and become comfortable or rich. With your contacts one can set up legitimate businesses and consultancies to make clean money.

So if you will rather spend time thinking of whether the House Soludo built in his Father's compound is more expensive than the sum of his salary at CBN, all I will say to you is that if you rather spend that time thinking of how you can set up your own business and make some additional money to add to whatever you earn today, may be your life might just be a little bit better.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Goldmind1(m): 11:59pm On Oct 05, 2009
Also remember that the Prof is a forex investor.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Beaf: 12:07am On Oct 06, 2009
Nigeria, the country governed by rumuor and the likes of ndu_chucks embarassed

If Soludo is guilty of anything, he should be charged to court. This whole rumour thing is enhancing the present govts image as an expensive circus.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by nduchucks: 12:31am On Oct 06, 2009
Beaf:

If Soludo is guilty of anything, he should be charged to court. This whole rumour thing is enhancing the present govts image as an expensive circus.

beaf, na de same ting una talk when people say ibb tief money, same ting when dem say obasanjo sef carry money go, yet again una need evidence to carry Alams (de man wey run comot from london dressed like a woman) go court.

na now i know say na inside bubble you dey live, i sure say no be for nigeria you dey.  you people are so ignorant of what's going on.

food for thought - if head of state wan move $billions wey him steal comot for naija na cbn chief go help am do am. if dat kind ting happen during soludo's term; who you tink say go charge am to court? anyone wey dey wait make dem charge soludo go court, go wait for a very long time.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by nduchucks: 1:23am On Oct 06, 2009
Beaf:

beaf, dis one no be rumors at all. read dis excerp from daily trust:

The Central Bank of Nigeria [CBN] will shortly launch an investigation to determine if any of its past or present officials received bribes allegedly paid to Nigerian officials in order to secure contracts for the printing of polymer naira notes, its Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi said in Istanbul, Turkey yesterday. Sanusi, who is attending the annual summer meeting of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, spoke exclusively to Daily Trust.

An Australian newspaper, The Age, reported last Friday that the country’s Federal Police are investigating a company partly owned by the Reserve Bank of Australia [the country’s central bank] for allegedly bribing Nigerian officials to win the polymer currency printing contract.

The firm, Securency, was found to have made a series of multimillion-dollar payments into offshore bank accounts of two British-based businessmen linked to the currency printing deal.

CBN Governor Sanusi told Daily Trust that the Federal Government will look into the matter and would determine if Central Bank officials received the alleged payoff. He said he read a printed copy of the Australian newspaper’s story, but was yet to get any more information on the developing scandal. He said, “I am aware of the story, but I am not aware of the facts. I have not investigated. I was given the story printed from the internet. I don’t know how true it is.”

Sanusi also said, “I imagine the EFCC and the police will investigate, and if there is actually any involvement of officials in the Central Bank as a result of investigation, just like it was done in the case of other companies in other parts of the world, I am sure government will look into it.”

Asked where the new polymer currency notes that CBN rolled out last week were printed, the governor said, “I don’t know. I don’t know the details. I haven’t heard of that company. All I know is that if it is established in the course of any kind of investigation that there was a CBN official involved, present or past…I am sure there would be an investigation.”

go read de rest for daily trust web site. no smoke without fire.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Vallo57(m): 1:44am On Oct 06, 2009
Beaf:

ndu_chucks:

beaf, na de same ting una talk when people say ibb tief money, same ting when dem say obasanjo sef carry money go, yet again una need evidence to carry Alams (de man wey run comot from london dressed like a woman) go court.

na now i know say na inside bubble you dey live, i sure say no be for nigeria you dey.  you people are so ignorant of what's going on.

food for thought - if head of state wan move $billions wey him steal comot for naija na cbn chief go help am do am. if dat kind ting happen during soludo's term; who you tink say go charge am to court? anyone wey dey wait make dem charge soludo go court, go wait for a very long time.

GBAM!!! Na the koko you talk. Why a man like Babangida they still make Yanga for Niger now. The man talk say anybody whey him Papa born well
arrest am . That be Niger for una. Chop make I chop, God no go vex.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Fhemmmy: 1:59am On Oct 06, 2009
Well, yet to know too much about this, but i will be surprised to see that it is not true, cos no contract ever left the shore of Nigeria, without some bribe, and some cash stored in the freezer wink
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by prettyG: 2:03am On Oct 06, 2009
am i d only one that noticed that coolg registered on this forum only to defend soludo? could coolg be a publicist at work?
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Beaf: 2:31am On Oct 06, 2009
^
Hmmm. Surgical implants?

CoolG vs prettyG vs ndu_chucks
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by prettyG: 5:47am On Oct 06, 2009
not surgical implant. registered on this site 1 year ago but prefer to hang around instead of making comments
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:12am On Oct 06, 2009
Is there any top Nigerian office holder they dont accuse of fraud after he/must have left office ?
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:15am On Oct 06, 2009
Though Soludo is not a saint and as a result cant vouch 4 him , i still refuse to believe this rubbish.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:22am On Oct 06, 2009
Still looking forward to the day we Nigerians would celebrate our outgoing office holders. Aren't we ever tired of criticizing ?
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Rooneyboy(m): 6:35am On Oct 06, 2009
@ ndu_chucks, sorry to say but u are very naive .
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Gbawe: 7:01am On Oct 06, 2009
If Soludo wants to be a politician in NIGERIA he will have to get used to "do-or-die" politics. I suspect he is already a "do-or-die" politician . Many callous rich men want to become , or select , the next Governor of Anambra State.  Soludo will have a fight on his hand but he will , regardless of any expose about graft , become Anambra's Governor if he is the annointed candidate of the PDP courtesy of a party that believes in selection rather than election . We all saw how Yar Adua became President - gross deficiencies notwithstanding . It is Nigeria and Nigerians suffering for that anti-democratic choice today. The PDP is ruthless and its top echelon consist of men with no conscience.

Soludo fans should ask themselves why their icon , if he is a decent and principled person, will align himself with possibly the most inhuman political party in the world and some of the most wickedly cruel and anti-people leaders all for the sake of becoming a Governor when it is obvious that revolutionary change is becoming inevitable. I personally think Soludo is a power hungry vacuous individual who  will become another 'tool' like Akunyili.

It is obvious that there is no Governance vacancy for principled men and women like Ken Nnamani, et al . The PDP feels that folks like Nnamani, Duke' et al  cannot be trusted to 'behave'. I personally wonder about the oath Soludo must have taken to be part of the anti-people entity (the PDP) that is destroying Nigeria. If you are a good and principled leader you will never join this current PDP - not even to realise a burning political ambition. Given what has come to light about our former CBN Governor , I think folks are not asking the right questions about Soludo's character and integrity. I think he will be a dissapointment .
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by kristos(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2009
back2back:

@CoolG
Crap Lies. London is the key financial centre of EU.

And for the amount you mentioned, there is no where in EU you will pay cheap tax like 12%.

Crap lies again.
Means you did not work anymore after that? Since the employer will ask for your work place and how much you earn. Think before you write here Bobo CoolG, even we wey dey naija, we know whats up!
Madam, CoolG was practical and objective in his posts and since you were not there, i think it is insulting to say that he lied without proof. Secondly, you have strayed from the issue on discourse to personal attack, you have not responded to his post within the confines of the debate. I think it is more honourable not to argue if you don't have facts to back it up.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Ibime(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2009
Gold-mind:

Also remember that the Prof is a forex investor.

Which kain reasoning be dis? Have you never heard of conflict of interest?
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by nduchucks: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2009
Rooneyboy:

@ ndu_chucks, sorry to say but u are very naive .

make you no apologize because you express ya opinion na, me sef dey express my opinion. de ting wey intelligent people dey do na to bring counter-point if dem no agree with any post.

i go appreciate if you express your disagrements with de tings wey i talk, make we discuss am as gentlemen/gals. i sure say you no be intellectual midget, so i dey wait to hear your points. i no go call you names yet until I read ya reply.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by nduchucks: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2009
Beaf:

^
Hmmm. Surgical implants?

ndu_chucks

why you dey give me de kind credit wey i no deserve? e be like say i don impress you well well, you sabi say na small ting dey required to impress small minds cheesy

btw, de day wey i hear say you and ya mend people don blow up one of de mansions of una thieving leaders, i go know say una serious. dis one wey una dey blow up pipeline wey dey result to more polution and possible cancer and other diseases for una people, makes no sense at all. amphibian vehicles dey on their way.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Beaf: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2009
ndu_chucks:

why you dey give me de kind credit wey i no deserve? e be like say i don impress you well well, you sabi say na small ting dey required to impress small minds cheesy

btw, de day wey i hear say you and ya mend people don blow up one of de mansions of una thieving leaders, i go know say una serious. dis one wey una dey blow up pipeline wey dey result to more polution and possible cancer and other diseases for una people, makes no sense at all. amphibian vehicles dey on their way.

You've been announcing this amphibious vehicle thing like some aparthied activist. Who is going to man the vehicles, if not the same clueless guys that can't swim? They are only good at bombing and straffing people at festivals (that has been recommended to the International Court of Justice for investigation). Una no get shame, "we are importing amphibious vehicles and other very bad shit from Isreal, blah, blah". . . All to to threaten civilians; people that behave that way are usually wife beaters. Fucking cowards. Anyway, you guys aren't the owners of the market, others can go there too. grin

In case you missed it, his thread is about Soludo (but then, you miss a lot of things).
I wonder why you are so engrossed with MEND; was anybody from your family unfortunate to be part of JTF in Warri? You have my sympathy; we know what MEND and crocodiles did to JTF (and will do again if need be).

Guy, forget about pipelines, this is about CBN.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by anonimi: 12:26pm On Oct 06, 2009
bidemi12
He asked for it now? when you decide to enter politics you are fair game. Honest or not you must subject yourself to public scrutiny and pray you come out unscathed. Good luck to him.

thank u for the bold part which must apply to all public figures in all sectors of life- matching/comparing also what they said in the past with what they are doing now. BUT rather than pray he should make sure he is super clean so when his opponents and the public start scrutinising him they will find nothing tangible to chew on.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by nduchucks: 12:26pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Beaf. ok, make we no derail de thread.

i hope say you don realize say de bribery affair no be rumours as you been dey imply. i gave you newspaper account where sanusi talk say cbn and efcc go investigate, and as usual you no respond to dat post.  i know say if i mention mend, de criminals, you go jump.

do de right ting, admit say de soludo bribery allegation no be rumours. but if you dey wait make any nigerian court sentence soludo, if guilty, you go wait tire.
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2009
Naira notes scandal: Allegations wild, says Soludo
By Yemi Kolapo, Published: Tuesday, 6 Oct 2009

Prof. Chukwuma Soludo

A former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has described as “wild and wicked,” allegations of bribery trailing the award of contracts for the printing of the new polymer banknotes recently introduced by the CBN.

Soludo, in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Monday, said he “would be very surprised if any such thing (bribe) had happened.

I read the allegation and really found it to be funny, wild and wicked. To sweepingly accuse ‘senior government and CBN officials and high level Nigerians’ without naming anyone or giving evidence seems irresponsible to me,” he said.

An Australian newspaper, The Age, had reported on Friday that certain government officials were paid huge bribes by a printing company owned by the Reserve Bank of Australia, to facilitate the contract for the printing of the polymer notes.

The firm, Securency, supplied 1.9 billion banknotes to the CBN between 2006 and 2008 during Soludo’s tenure as governor.

He claimed that there could not have been a contract between the CBN and Securency, because orders for new notes were usually placed by the apex bank through the Nigerian Minting and Security Company.

What happens is that the CBN places an order with the mint, saying it should print certain quantity of notes. Then the mint or whoever is printing will then buy the material from the suppliers, ” Soludo added.

According to him, if any mint has to print on polymer, it must buy the polymer substrate “and the only company that supplies it in the world happens to be Securency of Australia.”

The former CBN governor, who is one of the 47 Peoples Democratic Party governorship aspirants in Anambra State, said many countries using polymer notes had to go through Securency for substrate because it had a monopoly.

He said the N20 polymer notes introduced during his tenure were a case study and that the success recorded informed the printing of the subsequent polymer notes.

Soludo said, “That is why I say the whole story is funny. Polymer substrate is currently dominated by Securency and the CBN cannot be involved in awarding a contract because of how it is done. So, they are actually talking about the wrong thing.

If they have given anything to anybody, let them name names. But I don’t even understand why they should give anybody money to facilitate anything, because if you have to print on polymer, you cannot even go elsewhere.”

When contacted also on Monday, the CBN’s Deputy Governor (Operations) , Mr. Tunde Lemo, said the allegation of bribery was strange to the bank.

Lemo told our correspondent during a telephone interview that the CBN Governor, Mr. Lamido Sanusi, was only about four months in office.

“He has promised that when he comes back from Istanbul, Turkey, he will set up an internal investigation if there is any substance to the allegation,” he said.

Culled from the Punch - (sounds like they are beginning to open the website again)
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by back2back(f): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2009
Madam, CoolG was practical and objective in his posts and since you were not there, i think it is insulting to say that he lied without proof.

the onus is on CoolG to substantiate his claims.

Otherwise it is a crap lies!
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by naijaking1: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2009
@mikeansy
Thanks for the article. The lesson for ndu_chucks, Ibime, and others is simple: wait for the evidence before crucifying anybody undecided
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by agabaI23(m): 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2009
mikeansy:

Culled from the Punch - (sounds like they are beginning to open the website again)
E be like say them don tire.

I told them but them never get ear. Them don copy Vanguard homepage
Re: Elombah.com Says Soludo Implicated In Polymer Naira Notes Bribery Scandal! by nduchucks: 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2009
naijaking1:

@mikeansy
Thanks for the article. The lesson for ndu_chucks, Ibime, and others is simple: wait for the evidence before crucifying anybody undecided

see ya warped logic! soludo don deny publicly say him follow collect egunje.

you accept de prima facie denial as gospel truth and undisputed evidence say soludo dey innocent!

na now, i know say you no serious. everybody expect soludo to deny de allegations.

but for you to conclude say de denial na evidence of innocence show say you be gullible person.

truth be say, you sef be one of de elite wey dey benefit from loot.

i sure say you no dey live with ogoni people and you no be trader for ariara market.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Guardian Publisher, Alex Ibru Dies At 66 / Police Confirm Two Dead In Fresh Gun Attack In Kano / Gtbank Has Started Blocking Their Customers Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.