Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,792 members, 7,930,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:02 AM

We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director (49143 Views)

Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... / MURIC Orders The Arrest Of Apostle Suleman / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director, Ak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by masseratti: 9:20am On Sep 05, 2016
FriendChoice:

No where in the Bible, God or Jesus said Christian should go to church on Sunday talk less of Sunday-Free-Day
let me help u, there is nothing like the word Christian in the bible, but in the bible it is written , thou shall observe the Sabbath day, some Christians choose Saturday as their Sabbath day, some others Sunday, the Jews stick to Saturday, where did Muhammad got Friday from? that aside, in Muhammad days everyone went back to work after Jumat service, if you want to be like Muhammad then you have to work on Friday after Jumat.

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Alao046(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2016
eyeview:
I wish I can meet this idiot. I will just ask him two questions.
1, is Sunday a work free day all over the world?
Answer: yes
2,is Friday a work free day in Saudi, UAE,Pakistan and other Muslim nations?
Answer: no. So why does he want Nigeria's case to be different if not for fanatism?

Case closed
fool, dis is where u don't have sense, Friday is not a working day in Saudi Arabia and most of d Muslims countries. U will just be thinking with u foot instead of ur head. U don't know sometin, u won't ask and u will start saying nonsense.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Davash222(m): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2016
jbjustice:
liar, Rochas did it so that public servants can go to the farm.

On which land?

Did he provides land for the farming?

Farming shouldnt be something you impose on everyone, it shouldnt be mandatory..

Its something more than farming.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2016
wizzakosh:
oh yes, sunday never designed 4 church, we did not dispute that, but the almighty God made it a resting day for himself and we decided to worship him on that same day in order not to disrupt the working days. Unlike you, that want to disrupt working days which can never work. Sunday not designed for church, but for God resting day after 6days of creation. He blessed the day and told us to keep it holy. Why is jealousy is so filled with islam? They kill when you mention jesus. Tar.

Lol. You pastor told you this or you read it? Tell me where it's written in your bible that God rested on Sunday after other days of creation?
Tell me where it's written in the Bible that you should worship God on Sundays?

1 Like

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Lincoln275(m): 9:41am On Sep 05, 2016
am a muslim but kolewerk
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by nyabinghi(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2016
davss02:

Now I know you are deluded mentally..I thought you said you are an atheist...so jesus was killed like a foul??..hmm! Guy you need jesus...ah don't need to argue / discuss much with a nitwit like you..your brain lacks comprehensive ability...You can't understand the bible cos you aint capable...
Accept jesus as your lord and personal savior...
Dere wud be No room 4 dat wen u bid farewell to dis cruel world...God bless You
is yahweh not the lord and saviour of jesus, remember the first law, thou shall have no other god beside me. Jesus is dead and buried. Yahweh will judge us both.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 05, 2016
Seriously? Now? With all the issues Nigeria is facing this idiot wants to start another religious tussle. They have Islamic banking, sharia law, almost a dozen holidays a year. Isn't that enough? In the words of Mr King, why can't we all just get along?
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Mazeed(m): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2016
You are as useless as a toilet roll

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by francotorti(m): 9:58am On Sep 05, 2016
big yeye dey smell tongue....dat means una go dey go work on sunday b dat na. grin grin grin
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by kolaish(m): 9:59am On Sep 05, 2016
Vince77:

lolzzz.... my guy dey find long weekend grin
U CAN SAY THAT AGAIN.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Binsani(m): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Remain blessed..
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Mazeed(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2016
People like you are suppose to be remanded in prison

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by kolaish(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2016
Thescienceprof:

you are talking trash Friday is never a weekend in any Arab nation. the only thing they do on Fridays is to close office during salat periods and reopen after. stop saying what you know nothing about in the name of commenting.
YOU CAN GOOGLE IT AND GIVE US THE ANSWER.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by kolaish(m): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2016
neocortex:

Are you suggesting Fridays and Sundays as weekend while
you go to work on saturdays ?
LET THE GOVT FACTOR THAT ONE OUT, IT IS NOT MY HEADACHE.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by pepigeorge(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2016
truly:

I cannot see why Yorubas cannot speak up for their religion
The people of SE and SS voted for a Fulani from the same Katsina State in 2007

U know that one was not a bigot dullard like buhari...
yoruba also voted him mind u
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by LanceO: 10:19am On Sep 05, 2016
We fight for useless things, meaningless things a lot. So if traditionalists come and pick Tuesdays as their day of worship, those that worship Sun come and say they want Thursday off.. .what day is left in the week..... Some Muslims have their worship on Sunday..... I don't know what the man is talking bout, and nobody forces Muslims to use normal commercial banks that pay their workers with the interests they gain from loans and services rendered.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by ojotobiloba1: 10:26am On Sep 05, 2016
What is this one saying?
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Mazeed(m): 10:28am On Sep 05, 2016
So if Sunday is never found in your bible how come some of you are going to church on Sundays, where did you get that from. And to clear your doubt. Prophet Muhammad never approved for Friday for our general worship, it is clearly an ordainment from Alláh the almighty. To silent you the more, if you care read this; Chapter 62 of the glorious Quran verse 9 reads; Chapter: 62- Al-Jumu'a
(the contribution)
(9)- يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِذَا نُودِىَ لِلصَّلَوٰةِ مِن يَوْمِ ٱلْجُمُعَةِ فَٱسْعَوْاْ إِلَىٰ ذِكْرِ ٱللَّهِ وَذَرُواْ ٱلْبَيْعَ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
Translation: O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salat (prayer) on the day of Friday (Jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allah [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salat (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing), that is better for you if you did but know!
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Mazeed(m): 10:32am On Sep 05, 2016
See you; if you don't have any thing to say don't try to get unnecessary attention

Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2016
masseratti:
let me help u, there is nothing like the word Christian in the bible, but in the bible it is written , thou shall observe the Sabbath day, some Christians choose Saturday as their Sabbath day, some others Sunday, the Jews stick to Saturday, where did Muhammad got Friday from? that aside, in Muhammad days everyone went back to work after Jumat service, if you want to be like Muhammad then you have to work on Friday after Jumat.

You ask where does Muhammad peace be upon him get Friday? and you go on answering yourself.
It's clearly stated

Allah says:

" O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu'ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew. [Quran 62:9]

The verse here is telling you, to leave your business and all other things to go and pray. then it proceed

And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allah , and remember Allah often that you may succeed. [Quran 62: 10]

The second verse is only telling you, you're allowed after Prayer to continue with what you're doing. If you chooses to go back home and sleep, nothing is wrong. And it's done in Arab countries. People don't go to work on Friday.

Coming back to you: Show me the verse that ask you to go to church on Sunday. That verse above u quoted does not in anyway explain that. Observe Sabbath ? Which day Saturday or Sunday or it has two meaning? Observe the Sabbath day (Some hours or all of it)

If some then you have 2 go 2 work for the remaining hours. If all of it? why do you spend only few hours there? Beside the fact, that verse is old testament, have you now accept the ruling in old testament
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Mazeed(m): 10:40am On Sep 05, 2016
Mr. Hater don't come and show your evil appearance here and stop exaggeration, we Muslims don't have a dozen of holidays in a year, we only have two legalized celebration on Islam, si how about you christians. Christmas, Easter, good Friday, palm Sunday. Now who got the more.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by 08064978510(m): 10:40am On Sep 05, 2016
kolaish:
WEEKENDS IN ARAB NATIONS IS EITHER THURSDAY & FRIDAY OR FRIDAY & SATURDAY. HOWEVER, AS A CHRISTIAN, I DON'T MIND THE FG GIVING MUSLIMS FRIDAY AS A WORK FREE DAY PROVIDED THEY DO NOT TAMPER WITH SUNDAY AS A WORK FREE DAY AS WELL.

IF MUSLIMS ARE GIVEN FRIDAY AS A WORK FREE DAY, IT COOL PROVIDED THEY ARE GOING TO WORK ON SUNDAYS....
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by creepsyme(f): 10:57am On Sep 05, 2016
iliyande:
The Director of Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, Ishaq Akintola, has called for ‘fair treatment’ between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria.
The professor of Islamic Eschatology said Nigeria is not a secular state as according to him, it does not recognize religion.

In a chat with the Punch, Akintola said, “I still insist Nigeria is not a secular state. It does not recognise any religion at all. An example is the Sallah holidays. Although Christians used to enjoy Christmas and other holidays, there was no Sallah holiday for Muslims on Eid el-Fitr and Eid el-Kabir days during the colonial days. We wrenched that from our oppressors’ hands after a long struggle.

“Another example where freedom has come our way is where Nigerian Christians compelled Muslims to operate Christian financial system with its riba (interest) which is haram (forbidden) for Muslims, yet they refused to allow Muslims to practise the Islamic banking until a former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (now Emir of Kano), belled the cat by introducing Islamic banking.

“What exactly do I mean? Nigerian Christians have been enjoying everything they need since the British took over the country and colonised it. They have the Christian common law while they object to Muslims having Shariah. They enjoy Christo-Western education while they restrict Muslim children’s access to Islamic education. Christians are free to do whatever they like on Sundays but Muslims are chained to their workplaces on Fridays. That chain must break. Freedom is our cry.

“The government supports both Christian and Muslim pilgrimages. Christian and Muslim prayers are said at official functions. The preamble of the Nigerian Constitution leans heavily on God. So, we are a multi-religious nation. It is when Christian leaders want to pull the wool over our eyes that they claim that Nigeria is a secular country.

“We must widen the horizon of the quest for self-determination. They hold Christian court or church marriage whose certificate is recognised by law whereas mosque marriage certificate is not recognised. Christian schoolchildren use Christian school uniforms but Muslim children are disallowed from using the hijab. Muslim women are denied driving licences and international passports in Nigeria on account of their use of hijab.

“There is an urgent need to straighten this lopsided system. It is not working. Nigerian Muslims still remain oppressed today because they have yet to be emancipated in the four examples above. There are more areas of oppression. But there are one or two aspects where the Muslims have been liberated.

“So you can see that it is all about struggling for liberation. It is like a master-slave affair. Those who sit on the necks of Muslims are reluctant to set them free. But we will get there whether the oppressor likes it or not. It is interesting to note that Christians know that a Muslim commits a sin each time he collects or gives riba yet they never freely allowed it. What do you call that? Do we love our neighbours?

“Do you call that freedom of religion? Isn’t there some element of selfishness in that? Didn’t Jesus teach loving the neighbour? I remember that a particular bishop from the East led his followers in a public demonstration against the introduction of Islamic banking. Ridiculous, isn’t it?

“As for the claim that Muslims are being favoured by the present administration, that is large-scale falsehood. Even Nigerian toddlers know that Buhari is religion-blind. He is not a fanatic. He just wants to fix Nigeria.

“How has the present administration favoured Muslims? The facts are at our fingertips. Take the South-West as an example: there are six states there and each has a minister. Only Babatunde Fashola and Adebayo Shittu are Muslims. The rest are Christians. Let CAN tell us if that is not so. Do you call two out of six a favour? And that is just a tip of the iceberg in Buhari’s administration.

“The parastatals are replete with Christian chief executives. But Muslims are not complaining. Nigeria now has about 35 ministers out of which only 17 are Muslims. Tell me how the present administration has favoured Muslims. Is CAN using mathematics or mathemagic?

“Personally, I believe that we are cutting our nose to spite our face in this country. We should allow government to pick the best candidates for positions in order to get maximum performance. We should not always be thinking of religious or ethnic leaning. Muslims have tried as much as possible to maintain this principle but CAN is always making a noise because of its grip on the press,” Akintola noted.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/04/want-fridays-declared-work-free-muslims-like-sundays-muric-director-akintola/

yeye dey smell, wat about d islamic inscription on naira?
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Temysteve(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2016
BayLord01:
That is what happen when a particular faith think they are the highest noise maker, whereas Religion is not suppose to exist in the first place

Ftc dedicated to My new baby Ifedayo and all Atheist on NL.
Replace religion with humanity and we will all live like human happily
continue been obstinate!! You'll sure become a pastor alas...
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Hassan080196(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2016
eyeview:
I wish I can meet this idiot. I will just ask him two questions.
1, is Sunday a work free day all over the world?
Answer: yes
2,is Friday a work free day in Saudi, UAE,Pakistan and other Muslim nations?
Answer: no. So why does he want Nigeria's case to be different if not for fanatism?

Case closed

You be mumu. Stop broadcasting what you have no knowledge of. In all the Arab states, Friday and Saturday are only free working days. Get your point right next time. Ode.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Goldenprinz(m): 11:18am On Sep 05, 2016
hmmmmmm........ won tun de....... must you pple(Muslims) always talk
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by tosinatoyebi(m): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2016
is this going to help the economy of Nigeria, if yes kindly approve the holiday
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by FunkyMetahuman: 11:24am On Sep 05, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
You guys miss the point totally. Those countries are not secular countries but Islamic nations through and through.

Hence, they ain't valid for comparison.

Nigeria isn't an Islamic country yet and will never be by Jah's grace. Maybe you can have you arewa republic and have the whole week off if you like.

Until then, you and the prof are in dreamland.

angry
and Nigeria is not a Christian country and will never be by jahs grace.
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by davss02(m): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2016
nyabinghi:
is yahweh not the lord and saviour of jesus, remember the first law, thou shall have no other god beside me. Jesus is dead and buried. Yahweh will judge us both.
Now ah knw u r deluded....who is Yaweh and who is Jesus??...so JESUS CHRIST is a god??...deluded mentality fellow indeed...The reason why I pity you and your fellow atheist is because u pple ain't reasonable@all.. ah pray it won't be too late b4 u understand#amen# Jesus loves you bro! Come to him 2day
#JesusSaves
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 05, 2016
instead of being a professor in a good discipline rather he is a professor in islamic eschatology ,so i am not suprised at his foolishness .if i may ask is there anything like christian banking and christian law? if he claims there is then d man need to tell me the account numbers of Jesus ,Moses ,Abraham etc
please hope is not this man buhari just appointed as new jamb registrar ? if na him be d new jamb boss,christians that will be enrolling for jamb need our prayers
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 05, 2016
instead of being a professor in a good discipline that will benefit all nigerians rather he is a professor in islamic eschatology ,so i am not suprised at his foolishness .if i may ask is there anything like christian banking and christian law? if he claims there is then d man need to tell me the account numbers of Jesus ,Moses ,Abraham etc
please hope is not this man buhari just appointed as new jamb registrar ? if na him be d new jamb boss,christians that will be enrolling for jamb need our prayers
Re: We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2016
Mazeed:
So if Sunday is never found in your bible how come some of you are going to church on Sundays, where did you get that from. And to clear your doubt. Prophet Muhammad never approved for Friday for our general worship, it is clearly an ordainment from Alláh the almighty. To silent you the more, if you care read this; Chapter 62 of the glorious Quran verse 9 reads; Chapter: 62- Al-Jumu'a
(the contribution)
(9)- يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِذَا نُودِىَ لِلصَّلَوٰةِ مِن يَوْمِ ٱلْجُمُعَةِ فَٱسْعَوْاْ إِلَىٰ ذِكْرِ ٱللَّهِ وَذَرُواْ ٱلْبَيْعَ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
Translation: O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salat (prayer) on the day of Friday (Jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allah [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salat (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing), that is better for you if you did but know!
i cant believe what you translated because you may translate it just to suit your opinion and i know other muslims will say it is the true translation even if it is lie.person just write any sign as a result of hallucination and call it salat and gullible people believe

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Brother Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Protests In Ibadan(pics) / Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? / Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.